PDA

View Full Version : Blocking pins

cookworm
05-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I see "rust proof" blocking pins recommended time and time again for blocking knitted work. Can anyone please tell me if you can get these at places like Michaels, Joann's, or Hobby Lobby? I have no LYS nearby, and to order something like this on line and to have to pay way more in s&h than I did for the original item doesn't make sense to me. Thanks!

cam90066
05-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I just use my regular dressmaker pins (of which I have gazillions). They may be smaller but they've worked fine for me.

cam

Catz
05-26-2008, 02:42 PM
I got some T pins w=for when I blocked my first lace shawl. I got them from this place. I thought the postage was very cheap for what I got.

http://www.kandjcrafts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/10744

I got 2 packs of 50 T pins and it only cost 1 to post to me. I don't know how much it would cost to deliver to where you are but it might be worth a try.

Wanda Witch
05-26-2008, 03:31 PM
I bought blocking pins from Joane's online, did not have enough so I used my long-type dressmaker pins which worked as well, if not better. Since I used a lot of steam in blocking I used my dressmaker pins with no plastic heads. I don't know if they might melt or not but did not want to risk it.

Betty Sue
05-27-2008, 05:15 PM
T pins ....

I am a retired beautician and if you have a Sally's Beauty Supply near you, they would carry T pins (we used them to hold wigs, etc to mannequins)....T pins are actually best because they do not have sharp heads to tangle in the yarn and they are rust proof....I have a box and would be more than willing to mail them to you.

saracidaltendencies
05-27-2008, 06:03 PM
I found T pins at Wal-Mart, over with the sewing stuff.

Wanda Witch
05-27-2008, 06:26 PM
T pins ....

I am a retired beautician and if you have a Sally's Beauty Supply near you, they would carry T pins (we used them to hold wigs, etc to mannequins)....T pins are actually best because they do not have sharp heads to tangle in the yarn and they are rust proof....I have a box and would be more than willing to mail them to you.

What a great idea. There is a Sally's Supply right in my area and think I will pick up some of these. I like the part of being rust proof.