PDA

View Full Version : Need A Hug?

Knitting_Guy
05-27-2008, 05:32 PM
This video is kind of old now but I've always liked it.

vr3x_RRJdd4

saracidaltendencies
05-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Good to see some things in life are free :teehee:

Maybe that's what's wrong with the world: the banning of free hugs...lol

Knitting_Guy
05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Good to see some things in life are free :teehee:

Maybe that's what's wrong with the world: the banning of free hugs...lol

Yep. I think we could all use a free hug once in a while.

saracidaltendencies
05-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Then let's start our own! ;)

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::grphug::grphug::grphug:: grphug::grphug:

evona
05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
OMG - that guy looks like my BF before he cut his hair :rofl:

That video's cute :) :) :)

Here's a free hug for you for posting it :hug:

auburnchick
05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Hmmm...that was interesting! That man looked like my dad back in the 70's. He's gone now, but I could see him doing something like that.

Thanks for sharing.

:hug:

auburnchick
05-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Yep. I think we could all use a free hug once in a while.

You know...it's interesting the timing of your post. I sat with a parent during my son's school program today, and she mentioned how people seem to like me (yeah, right). She recalled an evening a couple of weeks ago when I went to the soccer field to pick up my daughter from practice. I saw a friend (a tall guy...former president of our soccer club) and gave him a hug. She found that astounding because she had never felt very close to that person. She also saw it as affirmation that people like me. I set her straight and told her I felt like I'm not very well-liked, but that lately I have gotten into giving people I see hugs. Just this weekend, I ran into several soccer parents who I had not seen in a while, but because my daughter has played with a number of teams, we're all one big family. Yeah, hugs abounded.

Anyhow...sorry to ramble...the timing and my conversation were interesting.

Oh, and I hugged this lady before we left the school. :teehee:

Wanda Witch
05-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Ditto - :hug: :grphug:

evona
05-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Auburnchick - you are VERY well liked here :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

mwhite
05-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks, Mason! Needed that!!!

Knitting_Guy
05-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm glad y'all like the video. I've always found it uplifting. I have it downloaded on my hard drive and like to watch it every once in a while when I'm having a bad day.

sinistral_needler
05-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Everybody could use a real good hug now and again. And that guy looks like he gave good real hugs, not wimpy ones either!

CountryKitty
05-27-2008, 06:26 PM
LOL, the new principal at my kids high school banned hugging in the halls, so a number of the kids formed the "Hugging Revolutionary Army" and gave 'guerilla hugs' to each other and other students in the halls when teachers weren't looking.

evona
05-27-2008, 06:34 PM
LOL, the new principal at my kids high school banned hugging in the halls, so a number of the kids formed the "Hugging Revolutionary Army" and gave 'guerilla hugs' to each other and other students in the halls when teachers weren't looking.

:roflhard: I love it. They banned hugging at my kids high school too. A similar group formed.

feministmama
05-27-2008, 06:36 PM
guerilla hugs!! You kids today! I think they did this at my son's elementary school too. THe adults are so afraid of lawsuits we can't even hug anymore!!

THere are some kids that do the "free hugs" sign at our local Saturday Market. It;s like a local crafts/food/music street fair on the weekends. I love this idea. If we all hugged each other more the world would be a better place.:hug::heart::hug::heart::muah:

Jan in CA
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Love it! :hug::grphug:

Knit4Fun
05-27-2008, 09:17 PM
You know...it's interesting the timing of your post. I sat with a parent during my son's school program today, and she mentioned how people seem to like me (yeah, right). She recalled an evening a couple of weeks ago when I went to the soccer field to pick up my daughter from practice. I saw a friend (a tall guy...former president of our soccer club) and gave him a hug. She found that astounding because she had never felt very close to that person. She also saw it as affirmation that people like me. I set her straight and told her I felt like I'm not very well-liked, but that lately I have gotten into giving people I see hugs. Just this weekend, I ran into several soccer parents who I had not seen in a while, but because my daughter has played with a number of teams, we're all one big family. Yeah, hugs abounded.

Anyhow...sorry to ramble...the timing and my conversation were interesting.

Oh, and I hugged this lady before we left the school. :teehee:

Well, although I only know you from on this site and Ravelry, your good heart has won you a lot of friends here. If you are as kind and generous in 'real' life, which I am sure you are, I guarantee that you are well liked. :hug:

I think we all feel that way sometimes...we are always our own worst critic.

auburnchick
05-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Awww...y'all are sweet!

I need a hug! Think my daughter will have a heart attack if I rush in and throw my arms around her? Maybe she'll relent if I hold up a sign that says "Free Hugs."

Here's a hug to my "virtual" friends. :hug:

Mason, thanks for sharing this. I think it's going to be hard to get out of my head now. :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
05-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I think it's going to be hard to get out of my head now. :teehee:
Has been for me since I first saw it a long time ago. Still makes me happy when I watch it. There are some other videos about it as well. It's a whole "free hugs" campaign. Or was. They had tee shirts at one time, but I don't know if they're still out there.

I've been thinking of having one printed up just for the heck of it.

Knit4Fun
05-27-2008, 09:29 PM
As I shared with Mason on another thread, I think it is hi-lar-i-ous to run up behind my step-son (age 14 and ultra cool, of course) and give him a hug in public. He purposely tries to avoid being within about 10 feet of me now because he never knows what I might do to embarrass him for fun... :teehee:

My dad used to do the same things to me and I hated that...but it makes it worth it when you have the times when you want to strangle them...there's a strange payback karma thing there somewhere... :mrgreen:

auburnchick
05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
See now, as a Social Sciences major, I can just envision some sort of study to see how many people would actually hug someone with a sign like that. I would love to do something like that...just for the reaction factor.

Knitting_Guy
05-27-2008, 09:55 PM
See now, as a Social Sciences major, I can just envision some sort of study to see how many people would actually hug someone with a sign like that. I would love to do something like that...just for the reaction factor.

I've thought about trying it but it would be my luck I'd only get hugs from guys :pout:

mimi
05-27-2008, 10:33 PM
You look like you give good hugs, Mason. (I'm not coming on to you, I could be your mother.)

Mimi

Knitting_Guy
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
You look like you give good hugs, Mason. (I'm not coming on to you, I could be your mother.)

Mimi

:roflhard:

evona
05-28-2008, 12:30 AM
As I shared with Mason on another thread, I think it is hi-lar-i-ous to run up behind my step-son (age 14 and ultra cool, of course) and give him a hug in public. He purposely tries to avoid being within about 10 feet of me now because he never knows what I might do to embarrass him for fun... :teehee:

My dad used to do the same things to me and I hated that...but it makes it worth it when you have the times when you want to strangle them...there's a strange payback karma thing there somewhere... :mrgreen:

I did the same thing to my kids. My 16 yo son actually thinks its cool now and my daughter, who was THE most embarrassed by her uncool mom has now grown way more huggier (uh - is that a word? Well it is now) now that she's 18 and living in another state. Last time she was home she actually came into my bedroom where I was lying in bed knitting (of course) and climbed under the covers next to me, gave me a big hug and then watched Juno with me. It took everything I had in me to not ball my eyes out!!! :rofl:

Debkcs
05-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Hey, it's our job to embarrass our kids. My son, however, would always want to give me a hug when we hadn't seen each other for a day, no matter who was around. I really am blessed by this kid!

gingerbread
05-28-2008, 05:10 AM
:hug::hug::grphug::grphug: I needed that as I sit here at 5 in the morning. Thanks Mason and a great big hug to your mom. :hug:

:waving:

Knit4Fun
05-28-2008, 07:28 AM
I did the same thing to my kids. My 16 yo son actually thinks its cool now and my daughter, who was THE most embarrassed by her uncool mom has now grown way more huggier (uh - is that a word? Well it is now) now that she's 18 and living in another state. Last time she was home she actually came into my bedroom where I was lying in bed knitting (of course) and climbed under the covers next to me, gave me a big hug and then watched Juno with me. It took everything I had in me to not ball my eyes out!!! :rofl:

Yeah, it's neat to see the transition from 'I cannot be seen with them - they're so uncool' to 'It's cool to hang out with you' - my 17 yo step-daughter has turned that corner...of course, she is getting nervous about leaving home for college in a year anyway, I think. What an exciting time...I absolutely ADORED my college years and get misty-eyed even thinking about all the opportunities and fun experiences that await her! :woot:

Cynamar
05-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I love that video! Makes me wanna hug everyone. Maybe not a good thing at work......

cindycactus
05-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Just yesterday my dh and I stopped by to visit a friend who is going through Chemo for lung cancer and our friend came up to me and we hugged a real HUG. It felt good to me and I think it did to him too. Of course we hugged his wife too. We do seem to forget to hug our friends and family. That video is a good reminder. :grphug:

auburnchick
05-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I love that video! Makes me wanna hug everyone. Maybe not a good thing at work......

:rofl:

sylvia
05-28-2008, 01:29 PM
a feel good video
all my kids know me
and grandchildren too
i hug everyone and anywhere
this is my profit for having children and then they have children
hugs to all
especially you mason
sylvia:woohoo:

Cynamar
05-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm a big hugger.

Dangles
05-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Aww, Nathalie, you're well-liked here :) :hug:

:hug: Mason for reposting that video

:grphug: to the fellow KH'ers

A hug is nice makes me feel all warm n fuzzy esp if I haven't seen a friend in a long while.

mare-nitt
05-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the thread Mason, today when I got home from work, this was just what I needed, it lifted my mood and even brought a tear to my eye with a smile.
And, yes I would hug you if you had a sign, and that is not a come on remark either.
Hugs to everyone :hug:

Jaxhil
05-28-2008, 08:25 PM
ok, you made me cry!! (happy tears :p)

thanks for that, Mason!! Great story-and here's one for you :hug:

:mrgreen:

cphkat
05-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Mason, that was wonderful. Thank you so much for posting it.:hug:
Funny story...I come from a family that hugs everyone all the time. My DH comes from a family that hardly ever hugs. When we were first married, I got tired of being the one to initiate hugs, so I didn't. Then I got tired of no hugs. So I came up with what worked to me. I would approach my DH and give him a big :hug: and say "This is just for me. You don't have to do anything" and then walk away. He loved it. And he starting hugging more. Lesson...hugging is contagious! Sorry to run on but I loved the video.:muah:

evona
05-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Mason, that was wonderful. Thank you so much for posting it.:hug:
Funny story...I come from a family that hugs everyone all the time. My DH comes from a family that hardly ever hugs. When we were first married, I got tired of being the one to initiate hugs, so I didn't. Then I got tired of no hugs. So I came up with what worked to me. I would approach my DH and give him a big :hug: and say "This is just for me. You don't have to do anything" and then walk away. He loved it. And he starting hugging more. Lesson...hugging is contagious! Sorry to run on but I loved the video.:muah:

Sweet! :)