PDA

View Full Version : YAY!

saracidaltendencies
05-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Some of you may remember when I posted about the Wii Fit coming out and how excited I was....Well, hubby got it for me for my b-day today! :woot:

He went to a total of 8 different places and finally had luck at the Game Stop across the street from his work. It was the only one they had...That thing is sold out EVERYWHERE! I haven't tried it yet as I'm pretty worn out...It was gorgeous out today (finally! after all the dumb rain...lol) and my son and I were outside from 10 in the morning until about 6:00 this evening so I'm quite beat...lol...But yeah, I'm really excited to try it out!

auburnchick
05-30-2008, 12:10 AM
:yay:

Rabbitrescuer
05-30-2008, 09:14 AM
:cheering: DH gets a big :thumbsup:

Knit4Fun
05-30-2008, 09:32 AM
What a good husband! :woohoo:

I told you mine is teasing me about the KP box he got that I KNOW contains Harmony Options needles...sigh...

sylvia
05-30-2008, 10:19 AM
great husband
just saw my grandchildren using
i would love to try it
how i am going to manage it i dont know
dont want an laughing hysterical audience
sylvia:woot:

jdee
05-30-2008, 12:54 PM
:woot: How Exciting!

Jan in CA
05-30-2008, 12:56 PM
:cheering: Let us know how you like it!

fireflyknitter
05-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Yay!! I was just about to revive the old thread to ask if anyone had gotten it yet, glad there's hope! Everywhere I've looked so far is sold out but we're going to go hunting for it this weekend.

Let us know what it's like!

saracidaltendencies
05-30-2008, 01:24 PM
OMG, I LOVE it! It really gives a good workout! I was sweating my butt off...lol...I ended up trying it last night, thought I'd just give it a quick go before bed and ended up doing it for 45 minutes. It tells you your BMI, your weight, your "fit age" and allows you to set weight loss goals and tracks your progress! It is wonderful for helping you improve your posture because of the balance games, and, it tests your center of balance. Man, after using it only twice, my back already feels SO much better! This is by far the most fun exercise I've ever done and HIGHLY recommend it!

fireflyknitter
05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Is the fit age like it is in Wii Sports? My age in Wii Sports is something really depressing like 88!

saracidaltendencies
05-30-2008, 02:14 PM
The fit age is similar to that in Sports. It determines your age based on the tests you take and your age. My Wii Fit age isn't as bad as my Sports Fitness age though! LOL! In the Sports I have some insanely high number, but, when I did the Wii Fit age test last night it showed 40 and after getting used to it I did it again before I shut it off last night and again today and both times got a fit age of 30...hahaha...And I just turned 31 yesterday :teehee:

Dangles
05-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Happy Belated to you, Demonica :clink:

:yay: to hubby for the wonderful gift he got you :)

kellyh57
05-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I told my husband I wanted it. He told me we'd have to put it in the basement so I didn't keep the rest of the house awake while I did it. (The bedrooms are upstairs and the Wii is in the living room on the 1st floor!) Not nice!

Kelly

scout52
05-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh you are so lucky!! your husband rocks. I want it but it is sold out everywhere here in a 50 mile radius! I'm glad to hear a real world experience though. Now it makes me really really want it. :)

Jan in CA
06-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I've been wondering if it's worth it! We don't even have a Wii so I'll have to wait a bit. Thanks for the review!

saracidaltendencies
06-03-2008, 01:01 AM
It is definitely worth it! Even the kids love it, which makes me really happy because they're too young to run around outside unsupervised, and, there aren't too many other kids in the neighborhood to play with. This way they can get exercise and play video games :teehee:.

My daughter, 6, just loves it. Her favorite "game" so far is the running in place...I had to make her stop the other day so she wouldn't pass out! LOL! The short run takes about 3 minutes and she did it like 3 times in a row...and wanted to keep going!

What killed me the most though was my Mii...Your Mii (for those who might not know) is a character you create. So, I picked my Mii, entered in my height, birth date, etc. and it did the BMI and weight test. Well, my Mii started off as being a "normal" weight and after the height was input and the BMI and weight tests were done, my Mii shrunk and totally filled out, if ya know what I mean...Man, talk about a bummer! :roflhard: Not only do I have to get in shape but my Mii does too! :rofl:

Honestly, I think Fit is a great addition to the Wii. Not only do you get up and moving, but I was thoroughly impressed with the way it forces you to focus on your balance and correct posture while exercising. I mean I've done exercise videos where it explains how your posture should be but I've never known if I was really doing it correctly. You know with the Wii Fit!