PDA

View Full Version : exchanging email

coff3893
05-31-2008, 11:08 AM
I would like to share e-mails with others. what do you think? Here is mine.

if you don't mind share yours with me.
Dawn

Edited by mod to remove email address

knitncook
05-31-2008, 11:37 AM
You might want to take off your e-mail address. Weird people might take it and spammers collect them. If you are interested in having a pen pal, there is a thread over in another forum for such. Exchange via pm rather than posting your address on an open forum.

suzeeq
05-31-2008, 11:39 AM
It's really not a wise idea to post your email in a post here. Spambots troll for addresses and you may get more mail than you want. There's an option in your profile to edit options and allow receive email from other users. It's better to allow that, than to publish it. I'm going to edit out the email address in your post.

coff3893
05-31-2008, 11:57 AM
It's really not a wise idea to post your email in a post here. Spambots troll for addresses and you may get more mail than you want. There's an option in your profile to edit options and allow receive email from other users. It's better to allow that, than to publish it. I'm going to edit out the email address in your post.

ok if you would just delete this message all together then I will go some where else.

suzeeq
05-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Really, we don't have to delete it. Just change your options settings to allow email and ask others to email you if they'd like to. Every other board would advise you to not post your email address too; it's just a precaution for your security.

coff3893
05-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Really, we don't have to delete it. Just change your options settings to allow email and ask others to email you if they'd like to. Every other board would advise you to not post your email address too; it's just a precaution for your security.
ok well now that I am a total idiot and embrassed about trying to make friends I want it to be deleted. sorry for the bother

suzeeq
05-31-2008, 12:46 PM
No bother and you're not an idiot. Just naive maybe about posting an email address in a public forum.

Cynamar
06-02-2008, 01:57 PM
You can send an email from here to someone and include your email in it and then you are not posting it for all the nuts in the world.

CountryKitty
06-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Coff, please don't feel foolish---we used to post email addresses a LOT on another forum I visit. Then we had a nasty troll attack one Easter...added obscene messages to every thread. One member, who had posted her email so newer members could contact her for advice, recieved a lot of nasty messages in her inbox. She was lucky her kids didn't open the email first.