PDA

View Full Version : Lucy Bag

sue in canada
06-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I really like the look of the Lucy bag seen here:

http://www.karpstyles.com/catalog.html?item=1027&catid=Bags%20Purses

Has anyone here actually made this? I see lots on Ravelry which look great, but I would like to know how big it really is after felting.

Hygiene Mama
06-07-2008, 06:53 AM
I bought the pattern from my LYS and knit it for my sister and I knit the bigger one and it didn't seem as big as it was in the picture. The strap definately needed to be bigger than what I felted. It's a neat bag though and my sister really likes it.

mwhite
06-07-2008, 09:37 AM
It's been awhile since I've done bags but I do remember some principles... I always used Paton's Merino and if I made one with 75-80 rounds from where the sides or body starts after the bottom is formed, you'll end up with about 10-11" in height after felting. Of course that depends on how long you felt it. They felt faster from round to round and you can figure that if the bag measures 20" when you finish knitting, it'll be about 10" when it's felted. In width, you can figure about 1/3, so if it's 33" when you finish knitting, it'll be about 22-24" when felted. Of course you'll need to know how many sts and rounds the pattern calls for.

Mirl56
06-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I made one - the larger size. Like Sandy, it didn't end up quite a big as I expected and I wish I'd made the long strap longer. It's definitely bigger then the small one and certainly usable. I used LB Fisherman Wool.