PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a Friend

auburnchick
06-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey all...

I would appreciate prayers for one of my best friends. She is on her way to UAB (a really good hospital in Alabama) because the doctors here found a mass at the base of her brain. She has no idea how long she's had it, but she had pain in her arm for a while. Everyone thought it was was from playing Diner Dash online, so she was having physical therapy. When the pain got worse, she went in for an MRI. That's how they found the mass.

She will be seeing one of the chief surgeons tomorrow.

She has a great outlook on the whole thing...her husband is freaking out more than she is. She joked about how cute her doctor is (she showed me a picture online). She's the gal who made me a Key Lime Pie when I was in the midst of my last round of finals (and knew that I wasn't eating chocolate because I had given it up for Lent), and she brought me that wonderful Nashua ribbon yarn when she went to the mountains. Very thoughtful friend...

Anyhow...prayers would be very much appreciated.

:muah:

cdjack
06-10-2008, 03:54 PM
How awful... I'll be thinking of her.

evona
06-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh - I really hope it all works out! My thoughts are going out to her !! :hug: :hug: :hug:

mwhite
06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Prayers going up!

Dangles
06-10-2008, 05:08 PM
consider it done. :hug:

Wanda Witch
06-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts for your friend and you.

mks22300
06-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh my goodness! I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and hoping that all goes well! :hug:

Spikey
06-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Sending positive thoughts her way!

sue in canada
06-10-2008, 09:36 PM
What a shock for her. Sending positive thoughts her way.

Ladylou
06-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey Ms. Nathalie.

Oh golly, i'm so sorry about your friend:(:cry::cry: i will send up prayers and ask the ladies in my knitting club to do the same. Please keep us updated!

Love,
Lexie:muah:

susi
06-12-2008, 07:05 AM
oh what a horrible time. sending big hugs and prayers to her

susi

PurlyGyrl
06-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Good thoughts:pray: coming her way and :hug: to you.

auburnchick
06-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi all!

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them along to her.

An update...

She had her appointment yesterday and went through a battery of tests. She does have a tumor on her brain stem. The brain stem controls your breathing, and there's a 15% chance that surgery would have an adverse affect. The doctor doesn't know if it's malignant. She goes in for a CT Scan today. What they will probably do is monitor it over the next few months.

So, no solid answers yet. It's frustrating.

She is in very good spirits, though.

Thanks again!

:muah: