PDA

View Full Version : Video for cat and dog lovers

Debkcs
06-13-2008, 03:17 AM
This is a really great little video. I wish there were more people like this woman whose heart is big enough to adopt all these animals.

http://www.bestofyoutube.com/video.asp?videoid=1082

Karina
06-13-2008, 05:59 AM
That is really nice, I have saved her website. They need catbeds, I wonder if they would use knitted blankets for the cats.

mwhite
06-13-2008, 07:46 AM
What a wonderful place! Now I don't feel so strange having 7 cats! Thanks for sharing...what can we do to help, in addition to donations?

Arielluria
06-13-2008, 12:21 PM
I couldn't see the video, but I do free work for an animal rescue which is much like that. It's amazing how much the owner has given up to rescue dogs and cats and keep them until they are adopted!

It's important to spread the word about HOW many wonderful animals can be had at shelters and to adopt an adult (I have an 11 year old that is still "puppy-ish" and runs circles around all the younger dogs! ;)) That's why I love www.petfinder.com (http://www.petfinder.com), people can search within their own zip code and by breed, etc.

Karina
06-13-2008, 01:52 PM
I just sent an email to ask if they could use some knitted blankets. If they can use some maybe we could start another charity thread and knit a few to send to the centre.

HollyP
06-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I just sent an email to ask if they could use some knitted blankets. If they can use some maybe we could start another charity thread and knit a few to send to the centre.
Please let us know if they do! What a great place.

jjminarcik
06-13-2008, 10:46 PM
What a neat video! This world needs more animals lovers like this!! :heart:

mks22300
06-14-2008, 12:13 AM
That was so awesome! That woman deserves some sort of medal for her wonderful work.

Debkcs
06-14-2008, 03:22 AM
If they do need blankets, I think I'd be more inclined to sew them. Just a me thing, I'm sure anything would be appreciated. My DH and I are thinking about other ways to help her out.

Karina
06-14-2008, 05:49 AM
I would sew blankets but most of my fabric is good quality quilting cottons. May get some old denims from the charity shop and make blankets out of those. It would have to be hard wearing and washable. Maybe flannel shirting would be good. will wait for an answer before I start.

Plantgoddess+
06-14-2008, 10:20 AM
That's amazing. My hubby and I have been donors for years to our local humane society. We donate surplus blankets, towels, office supplies, money whatever we have they can use. We adopted our dogs from there as well. I wish we all could afford to donate generously to every worthwhile charity. I find it hard to pick and choose. So for us it's the local food bank and animal shelters. I also like giving to the Nature Conservancy, it seems a good compromise to restricting use for land owners by buying land and keeping it wild.

Karina
06-16-2008, 01:21 PM
got an answer from the email I Sent to pat at The Cat House on the Kings and she would love to receive some knitted blankets. So anybody interested of making a blanket please do and send it straight to the centre. I think Sandy have a thread or link to size of blankets these rescure places usually need in the Charity section.

sylvia
06-22-2008, 09:15 AM
i visited my daughter in ottawa canada
she took me to see the cat man
he has an area almost next to the parliament donated by
the government
he looks after and feeds cats that live on this small piece of land
he has built little houses for them
it is very cold int the winter
he is an pensioner but gets some help with the food
but it mostly comes out of his pocket
he spends about 5 hours a day with them summer or winter