PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have embarq?

dustinac
06-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Ok so I decided to switch to vonage 'cause At&T was so much...well I haven't had much success with vonage so was going to go with Time warner...my husband is a big gaming person and he would rather it not share bandwidth or something over an IP....so he found Embarq and I was wondering does anyone have this for their phone and do you like it?

:happydance:Thanks

mwhite
06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure if I can answer too many questions but we do have Embarq! I use embarqmail for my email and have had no problems.

dustinac
06-13-2008, 02:52 PM
When you use the embarq phone line do you experience any pausing or echo noises? if the power goes off then the phone still stays on? :teehee:

Thank you:yay:

mwhite
06-13-2008, 03:00 PM
When you use the embarq phone line do you experience any pausing or echo noises? if the power goes off then the phone still stays on? :teehee:

Thank you:yay:

No pausing, no echos! We have 2 cordless phones that do go off but our corded phone stays on through power outages. We also have our DSL with them, too and it works pretty well. When we first got connected there were outages but that's no longer happening. SCE & G and Direct TV are a whole 'nother matter..:roll:

dustinac
06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
thanks! I know what you mean about DTV storm could be 2 counties away and we lose signal...we might try them then....anything has to be better than what we have now...I just don't want to have to go back to at&t with I messed up :aww:

cindycactus
06-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I got Embarq when they bought out Sprint in our area a couple years ago. I can say it is less expensive that Sprint was and they are very helpful with problems. I have DSL and it is on a dedicated line so we don't have to use the filters on the phones. I had one problem, when it rained our phones went out and of course so did the internet but when I called for service they had a supervisor and a repair man at our house the next day and the problem was fixed that day. So I would recommend them too. :thumbsup:

Wanda Witch
06-13-2008, 04:38 PM
:thumbsup: Ok so I decided to switch to vonage 'cause At&T was so much...well I haven't had much success with vonage so was going to go with Time warner...my husband is a big gaming person and he would rather it not share bandwidth or something over an IP....so he found Embarq and I was wondering does anyone have this for their phone and do you like it?

:happydance:Thanks

You mentioned Time Warner. I don't know how many have experienced what we did with them prior to going to AT&T earlier this year. We had both cable Internet and phone service. One would go out, and boy they did, so would the other. We had five days without telephone service. Bad enough no Internet but bad news when you don't have a phone. That did it after umpteen calls to their service department, who were always polite, but here in this area of Dallas their service was totally lacking. The cable TV with them is fine fortunately. Wish you luck. :thumbsup:

vaknitter
06-14-2008, 11:41 AM
We too got Embarq when Sprint spun it off and in my opinion their custom service is no better than Sprint (which is the worst IMHO). We have no problems with the phone bill and the internet DSL is fine, but the billing changing EVERY month. It's sooo crazy and everytime we go in to the store or call the employee is all "okay, so what do you want me to do." I swear, last time we went in the store I asked the kid if he knew how to talk b/c he stood and shrugged his shoulders at me for 5 min ! This is really no different than my Sprint cell phone - it works great and I love sprint as long as I don't need to call customer service.

dustinac
06-14-2008, 08:11 PM
:hug: Thanks for the responses...

That is one thing about changing to Vonage or TW...if we lose power I don't have a cell phone :rofl:

I had read a bit on the customer service and wondered about it with Embarq...I guess none are perfect just gotta decide which headache is worse :rofl: