PDA

View Full Version : Take it Easy Tee

Knit4Pie
06-16-2008, 02:59 PM
This is a simple question on instructions, but I'm just not sure what it means. The pattern is from the July 2008 issue of Creative Knitting.

My confusion is about where to put the markers, when you take into account the instructions for the Inc row right after placing the markers

Beg with Row 2, work Seed Rib pat until work measures 11 (11, 12, 13, 13 1/2) inches from beg. On final WS row, place marker between first and last 2 sts. I thought I understood this to mean after the first st, and before the last st

Inc row: K1, M1, knit to marker, sl marker; work in established pat to marker, sl marker; knit to last st, M1, k1

Any ideas? There are no corrections to this pattern about this, but I can't seem to make sense of where exactly to put the markers.

Ingrid
06-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I believe your markers are supposed to be in between the first and second stitches and between the final two stitches.

The first time you do an increase, it will be immediately before the marker, so the directions don't seem to make sense when they say to 'knit to marker.' However, after you've done several increases, you will then be 'knitting to the marker.' Make sense?

Knit4Pie
06-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I missed the line that said to repeat the 2 rows 3 times (Inc row and the ws row). I must have read the instructions 5 or 6 times but only saw that line AFTER your response. Ugh that makes me angry. Maybe I wouldn't have figured it out, but chances are good I would have!