PDA

View Full Version : My job is birth control !!

vaknitter
06-16-2008, 03:46 PM
So I work clinics in a children's hosp and while there's a lull in the action I have been cleaning and reading KH...well, there is a kid in a room across the hall that has been SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, in a shrill, headache producing tone for the last 55minutes !!! Seriously - how do the parents not go insane. It's not anything anyone did, he was screaming when he came in the door.
I keep telling the hubby if he thinks I'm ever going to produce children he better hurry up with that PhD and find a full time job that requires we move or I can quit
OYE

Jan in CA
06-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Why is he screaming? Is he in pain or scared?

susi
06-16-2008, 04:47 PM
omg thats not right, my ds who is 5 would only do that if he was in agony or terrified of something.

when ds gets like it (not anywhere to that extent

susi
06-16-2008, 04:47 PM
i did it again lol
i was trying to type, that it does drive you around the bend and back again

Mike
06-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I used to hide in the bathroom when I worked retail. That didn't work so good when the mother was there to have something done while she waited.

susi, you probably have a sticking key. Ctrl is a usual culprit for causing unintentional keyboard shortcuts to happen.

vaknitter
06-16-2008, 04:53 PM
the nurse opened the door at one point and asked if he would be happier in the playroom and the father said "Nope, he just has a stubborn streak and doesn't want to be here." We are an outpatient clinic so no invasive testing is done here - lots of therapy and lots of family meetings with MD's.

Becky Morgan
06-16-2008, 05:08 PM
When DS was a baby, one woman who saw one of his tantrums called 911, sure he was having a seizure. Another older lady grabbed him out of the shopping cart and started to the grocery store office with him because she said I HAD to be abusing him to have him shriek like that. He screamed in her ear and bit her. She gave him back. They say the average baby screams for five and a half hours per day; he screamed that much at one time, seldom slept a couple of hours at a stretch--and nothing was wrong that anyone could find. HE tamed down over four or five years.

Not all kids are the Happy Mary Sunshines of this world. Somne are just plain ornery. They tend to grow into really interesting adults, though :D

bambi
06-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I was just on vacation in the Smoky Mtns. We took DD on a gentle hike. When we got to where we were going, she got a bug bite and thought it was a butterfly that bit her. She screamed all the way down the trail, about a 10 minute walk. The trail was covered with butterflies! She was in the car for 10 more minutes before she settled down again. She just isn't normally like that.

The kiddo in the clinic may not be normally like that. They get frightened, etc.

Bambi

susi
06-16-2008, 05:38 PM
susi, you probably have a sticking key. Ctrl is a usual culprit for causing unintentional keyboard shortcuts to happen.i hope not as the computer is brand new, under a month old lol. i think i keep catching the shift key then hit enter for a new line down so it posts before im ready. i so do need to look what im doing lol

thanks though mike :)

susi

Miss Moosey
06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I am sure that being a parent is terrible for one's hearing. Thank goodness for cotton balls!

Rebecca

Jan in CA
06-16-2008, 06:59 PM
i did it again lol
i was trying to type, that it does drive you around the bend and back again

Susi you can just edit your post if you make a mistake instead of making a new one. We all make those typos and booboos. :teehee:

To quote either click quote on the post you want to quote or just click the http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/2585711138_ff075faf3e_o.jpg and paste the text you want in it.

SBG
06-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I honestly can't stand most kids. My mom said I was born a grown up, never really seemed like a little kid, and most kids really annoy me. My own, though...cutest, smartest, coolest little people ever to live. Which is not to say they never annoy me, but I love them more than life. I didn't plan to have kids. The first was kind of an oopsie, though I loved being a mom so much I planned the second.