PDA

View Full Version : want to update my 'look'

tarrentella
06-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I just look too normal at the moment. That might sound a little odd, but it wasnt too long ago i had a black bob with torquoise and pink streaks in. or a nose piercing, or black and torquoise braids, or a lip piercing.

I know i am 'growing-up' and i just don't seem to have the energy to do the full punky/rock/goth makeup or dress that i adore (and sometimes that is not what i feel like wearing. But i just don't feel completely like me at the moment. shoulder length brown hair, no visable piercings or tattoos (unless i wear a backless top) and i feel like i am hiding somthing.

what should i do to freshen up how i look, while still keeping myself presentable for 'the real world'?

Sunshine's Mom
06-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Are you in school? Work full-time? What sort of job and work environment? In any event, I'd say get a great mod hair cut. Put some light pink highlights in it. Or do that dark underneath and light on top hair coloring. That can look really cool yet classy at the same time. Get a cut that you can wear funky and more "work appropriate". Get some ear cuffs (again, depending on what you get they're both classy and cool). And try some new make-up techniques. You don't have to be dark and goth to have a great look. Do smoky eyes and very neutral cheeks and lips. Or bright lips and natural eyes.

Just my two cents. You'll be pretty and cool whatever you do.

vaknitter
06-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I am in the same place right now - mine is more of a stress response than anything...go for a new haircut or buy some wash-in highlights or color to perk your look up a little for summer. I wash-in auburn/red highlights every summer. I've also been known to paint my toe nails a funky color for when I wear open toe shoes. Maybe go buy a fun summer sundress.
My job is professional so I don't really get into piercings or a lot of jewelry.