Row 3: K1, P1, across the row.
Row 4: K1, P1, across the row.

4 Rows = a pattern.

Spikey
01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks, gmmarton!

threesmom
01-19-2009, 10:44 PM
I've been looking but can't seem to find the pattern for Furrow Rib Stitch and Hurdle Stitch. They were both used on the preemie blanket I just finished knitting and I really like them. Could someone leave a pointer to them for me please? I would really love to give them a try.

Thanks so much,
MGM

Looks like gmmarton got it for you too - and I replied to your pm - you should have a double dose of hurdle stitch! Thanks gmmarton!

threesmom
01-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I received Tropical Plantation and Crayons from bobi1218 on Saturday! I'll get on them right away!

SteveDallas
01-19-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm done with Preemie Pastel rainbow and it's ready to go to Spikey. I figured since all the colors of the rainbow combine to make white... I should do the border in white. I used this pattern (""http://crochet.about.com/od/easy/a/easyshelledging.htm) (after doing a single crochet all around). I'm satisfied with it, but I do need more practice. :cool:

http://kbarger314.smugmug.com/photos/458082749_dd4gK-XL.jpg

http://kbarger314.smugmug.com/photos/458082817_rTXoa-L.jpg

MGM
01-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Love love love the soft colors and all garter stitch on the Preemie Pastel Rainbow! The white border is just perfect for it. And you did a very nice job on the lacy scallops, Steve! It's beautiful!

MGM

gmmarton
01-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Hurray! Another preemie blanket finished! :yay: The blanket looks beautiful and the border is just right! :cheering:

Nice job, everyone!

gmmarton
01-20-2009, 05:03 AM
We have a few more slots open on some new Oddball Baby Blankets knit in worsted weight. If you are interested, please send me a pm and you will be added to the list.

New Year's Parade (knit in bright colors): #5 and #6 slots are open.

Hues of Blues (different shades of blue): #6 slot is open.

Creamsicle (peace, cream, white): #5 and #6 slots are open.

The Big Apple (shades of red): #5 and #6 slots are open.

Thanks, everyone!

SteveDallas
01-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Thank you.... I just noticed my blown up piece shows a part where I did an extra scallop in "violation" of the pattern. I'll try not to lose sleep over it. :teehee:

MGM
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I just received Pumpkin Delight in the mail today, so that's in line behind Tutti Frutti which is almost finished, and Cherry Berry for which I already have the yarn.

I'll post pictures of Tutti Frutti in the next day or two. Just have to finish the border and work up a little tutorial on it for my website.

MGM

Shandeh
01-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I just noticed my blown up piece shows a part where I did an extra scallop in "violation" of the pattern. I'll try not to lose sleep over it. :teehee:
I'm calling the Crochet Police! :roflhard:
:wink:

MGM
01-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Is it ok if I hang onto it and mail it with Cherry Berry once I finish it? They are both preemies. I also have Pumpkin Delight but that is worsted. Does it go to someone else?

Anyway, here is Tutti Frutti...so far it's my favorite! I'll be posting a tutorial on the crocheted scallop border on my website soon in case anyone is interested in using it.

MGM

gmmarton
01-21-2009, 02:21 PM
MGM, You were the last knitter on Pumpkin Delight so it should be mailed out to me. I will wash, block, and prepare it for delivery in February to the Bpt. Pediatrics Center.

Thanks!

I will pm my address to you this aft'.

gmmarton
01-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Could it be that we have two more preemie baby blankets completed? Fantastic work, everyone!

sarahbean
01-21-2009, 06:46 PM
mailed the completed August and the preemie Cotton Candy

Spikey
01-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Our Northeast Oddball Baby and Preemie Blanket project has been going like gangbusters since we hit the ground running last summer. :woohoo:

To date, we have finished 14 worsted weight blankets and 7 preemie blankets, with another 18 worsted weight and 21 preemie in progress!! :knitting::guyknitting:

I couldn’t be happier with what we have accomplished, and continue to do on a daily basis! As the project has grown, however, it has become too time-consuming for one person to manage the blanket-tracking, knitter-notifying, new blanket-starting, blanket-knitting, and blog-updating.

Since gmmarton has done such a fabulous job in delivering the worsted weight blankets, as well as starting so many of our new blankets, recruiting knitters, and responding to posts when I am away, it seemed a perfect fit to have her take over the coordination of the worsted weight project, while I’ll drop back to only coordinating the preemie blankets. I will continue to keep all of the blogs updated, as best I can.

We will still keep all of the blankets in one thread (on KH and Rav), but please direct any PMs regarding worsted weight blankets to gmmarton, and preemie blankets to me.

We also wanted to take this opportunity, especially since we have so many super new group members,:grphug: to remind everyone of how we can get the best quality blankets in a reasonable period of time:

1. Please. please, please READ the instruction sheet that comes with the blankets, and follow the instructions. It tells you how many stitches the blanket should have – and COUNT before you start. We’ve had a bit of a problem with blankets growing wider as they get longer. If the previous knitter(s) added a stitch or two, just do some decreases in the middle to get back to the correct number.

2. Please make sure that the last row of your section is a wrong side row that is only knit stitches. This will allow the next knitter to join the yarn and start on the right side.

3. There are some new yarns out there that are not the weight they seem to be, which has confused quite a few people. That crazy Vanna White makes some interesting colors, but her yarns are heavier than they seem. The Vanna’s Choice Baby is a worsted weight (medium/4) yarn but comes in more baby-type colors and was put with the DK/Sportweight baby yarn section at my local Michaels. This is too thick to use with our preemie blankets, so please be on the lookout.

When in doubt, read the tips and instructions sticky (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79558) at the top of the KH Charity Knitting section.

4. Please only send a blanket along once you know that the recipient is ready. I try to keep the lists on the blogs up to date, so feel free to contact the next knitter directly (letting gmmarton or me know, too), but wait for confirmation before mailing. We don’t want anyone getting overloaded or any more of our blankets going MIA!

Thanks again to all of you for all of your time and effort! We love working with you! :muah:

Spikey
01-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Be My Valentine went out yesterday to sugarmagknowya from Ravelry.

Bubblegum (shown here, badly, sorry having a problem with flickr) went out yesterday to gmmarton for finishing.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/3218070564_9b18eb9d96_m.jpg

gmmarton
01-22-2009, 05:50 PM
I received NorthEast Rainbow II today from threesmom - thanks for the yarn, Beth! This blanket, knit entirely in the garter stitch, has a specific color scheme, so I will list it here for the benefit of all knitters:

Red - (completed by MGM)
Orange - (completed by threesmom)
Yellow - to be completed by gmmarton
Green - to be completed by robkat317
Blue - to be completed by kidpal51
Purple - to be completed by bobi1218

Border - to be completed by gmmarton

I hope this list helps our last three knitters. I, personally, love the Rainbow blankets. They are so colorful and cheery. We have already started NE Rainbow I, but it is currently Missing in Action (how sad is that??).

I'm sure NE Rainbow II will be just as beautiful, so special thanks to those volunteering to get this blanket completed once and for all! I really appreciate it.

:muah:

robkat317
01-23-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm ready!! :woot: :woohoo:

Shandeh
01-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Our Northeast Oddball Baby and Preemie Blanket project has been going like gangbusters since we hit the ground running last summer. :woohoo:

To date, we have finished 14 worsted weight blankets and 7 preemie blankets, with another 18 worsted weight and 21 preemie in progress!! :knitting::guyknitting:

Congratulations Northeast Region! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Spikey
01-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Here Comes the Sun arrived today :cool: What a beautiful blanket! I can't wait to add my sunny section.

Thanks, kidpal51, for the great cotton yarn (I'm a big dishcloth and scrubbie knitter so it will definitely get used in short order) and the adorable notebook!

gmmarton
01-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Northeast Rainbow II was mailed out to robkat317 this morning.

Delivery Confirmation#: 0306 2400 0000 8915 6347.

Happy knitting, robkat317! :knitting:

gmmarton
01-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Missyjoon, I will be mailing out a ton of blankets to you next week! Well, not a ton, really...probably just the four new worsted weight blankets I've started, including: Hues of Blues,
Vanilla Creme, Creamsicle and
The Big Apple. I'm a little ahead of my schedule, so I hope you don't mind.

We have quite a few new folks who have joined our Oddball Charity group in recent weeks, and I know they are anxious to get involved and help us complete our worsted weight and preemie baby blankets.

Thanks, everyone, for your support! :yay: :woot:

gmmarton
01-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Here is Hues of Blues in is beginning stages...

gmmarton
01-25-2009, 12:34 PM
And here is Vanilla Creme, also in its beginning stages...

gmmarton
01-25-2009, 12:35 PM
I forgot to mention that both blankets were knit with Caron's Simply Soft worsted weight yarns in the Rice Stitch.

Spikey
01-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Farrow Row Rib is finished! :woohoo:

Thanks to mdc550 for the terrific picture, final section, and border, as well as the knitters who contributed to this (and all of our) wonderful blankets. :muah:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3326/3224854427_cc52d379d8.jpg

Shandeh
01-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Beautiful! :thud:

Spikey
01-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Sandy!

I'm partial to the blankets that have all the same stitch, or are all done in one color, plus our Rainbow blankets. I love them all but those especially!

MGM
01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Now THAT is a beautiful blanket! Besides the garter stitch blankets, this is the first one I've seen done in all the same stitch. I think I like that better than all one color and different stitches. Very nice!

MGM

robkat317
01-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I am so excited to get Northeast Rainbow II

I will be on the lookout with all anticipation!! =)

MGM
01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Here's a close-up of the scallop border on Tutti Frutti and if you are interested in using this on a blanket, you can find instructions and a video tutorial here (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2009/01/learn-to-crochet-scallop-border-video.html) on my website.

MGM

gmmarton
01-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow, MGM, that is a beautiful border. I might have to become one of your students! :woot:

Thanks so much! :muah:

gmmarton
01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I received the completed worsted weight blanket, August, today at school. This was the first blanket we started way back in August, of course!

Sarahbean, there was no signed card with the blanket. If you happen to see it, would you mail it to me? Otherwise, I will make a new card and sign the names of those who worked on this precious blanket.

Thanks, everyone...:yay:

MGM
01-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Here's what Cherry Berry is looking like these days! All finished and ready to be shipped back to Spikey along with Tutti Frutti. I just need an address as I don't believe I have shipped anything there before. Thanks!

I will be doing a video on this crocheted border on my website soon too, in case anyone else is interested in using it. I'll have all you knitters crocheting your own borders in no time! :teehee:

MGM

gmmarton
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Hues of Blues and Vanilla Creme left CT late today on their way to the home of missyjoon.

Delivery Confirmation#: 0306 2400 0000 8915 6354.

Happy knitting, missyjoon! :knitting:

Spikey
01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Gorgeous work, MGM, on both blankets! :inlove:

:woohoo: We are going to have a great batch of blankets to deliver to The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Special Delivery Unit.

:grphug: Thanks to everyone! :muah:

gmmarton
01-26-2009, 07:26 PM
The completed Bubblegum arrived at school this afternoon. Thanks, Spikey, for the lovely items.

The blanket is really cool-looking...very much like the flavors of bubblegum. I don't even think I'm going to crochet a border around it because it looks so complete!

Thanks, everyone, for the great work. I can't wait to wash, block, and wrap it up for delivery to the folks over at Bridgeport Hospital.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

MGM
01-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Tutti Frutti and Cherry Berry will be on their way as soon as George the mailman stops at the house tomorrow. Delivery confirmation number is 0103 8555 7495 6052 6405. Gotta love UPSP.com Click-n-ship!

MGM

MGM
01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Cotton Candy just arrived today. I'll start that as soon as I finish Pumpkin delight.

MGM

Shandeh
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Here's a close-up of the scallop border on Tutti Frutti and if you are interested in using this on a blanket, you can find instructions and a video tutorial here (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2009/01/learn-to-crochet-scallop-border-video.html) on my website.
Great job! Thank you so much for your work on making the video tutorial as well. Our blankets deserve special treatment like this. :hug:

colbysmimi
01-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I received Seaside Park today and can't wait to start my part.
Thank you Brenda for the knitting gauge. I don't have one and this one is so much nice than the ones I've seen in the stores.

Spikey
01-28-2009, 06:11 PM
MGM - pttalbott from Ravelry expects to be finished with her part of Citrus Sunshine :cool: this weekend. I tentatively had you scheduled to knit the last section and crochet the border.

Would you be ready for another blanket to arrive the middle of next week? Please let me know if you are feeling overburdened :knitting::knitting::knitting:and I will be happy to find alternate folks to finish this blanket.

gmmarton
01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow!!

MGM
01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
MGM - pttalbott from Ravelry expects to be finished with her part of Citrus Sunshine :cool: this weekend. I tentatively had you scheduled to knit the last section and crochet the border.

Would you be ready for another blanket to arrive the middle of next week? Please let me know if you are feeling overburdened :knitting::knitting::knitting:and I will be happy to find alternate folks to finish this blanket.

I think I'm feeling pretty good about getting these done in the allotted time, so go ahead and have her send Citrus Sunshine along.

Thanks for asking!

MGM

robkat317
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Good morning.

I finished my section of Northeast Rainbow II I will post pictures later today. I will mail out to the next knitter Kidpal51 tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!!

Kathy =):woohoo: :knitting:

robkat317
01-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi Everyone!!

As promised, here is the picture of Northeast Rainbow II

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3362/3238025668_d24e2469e5.jpg

threesmom
01-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow! MGM - that scalloped border is BEAUTIFUL!! and the completed blankets are spectacular!:yay:

I just received Candy Cane in the mail today! - haven't opened it yet though.

I have finished with Crayon and Tropical Plantation - I'll get pictures up tomorrow, and will check the blog now to see who's up next:thumbsup:

robkat317
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Northeast Rainbow II was sent to Kidpal51 today.

Delivery confirmation is 0306 2400 0002 3942 7006

gmmarton
01-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Here is a shot of our completed worsted weight baby blanket, Think Pink, which was created by the following:

tuxedocat, Spikey, GinnyG, lisa1216, threesmom/justbeth, gmmarton

gmmarton
01-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Woops! My first photo was of Think Pink! Gumdrops is a preemie blanket! Sorry if I confused anyone!

gmmarton
01-31-2009, 10:24 AM
This is the completed Bubblegum, another worsted weight baby blanket scheduled for delivery to the folks at Bridgeport Hospital's Pediatrics Center.

This blanket was created by: gmmarton, threesmom/justbeth, missyjoon, tenniskid, SuzieHomemaker/suzieHM, and Spikey.

gmmarton
01-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Here is a photo of the completed worsted weight baby blanket, Autumn in the Northeast, as created by:

LHFBM, sarahbean, gmmarton, kellee0302, Spikey, and lisa1216.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

gmmarton
01-31-2009, 12:01 PM
What can I say? I'm on a roll, Northeast Oddball friends...just trying to get our worsted weight blankets washed and photographed for all to see.

This is Heather, an all-garter stitch worsted weight baby blanket created by the following:

Tuxedocat, gmmarton, Spikey, missyjoon, tenniskid, threesmom/justbeth, and mdc550.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gmmarton
01-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Yet another beautiful worsted weight blanket is almost ready for delivery in February. This is Boo! I Love You!, a wonderful baby blanket that was created by the following:

missyjoon, tenniskid, Spikey, tuxedocat, pttalbott, and gmmarton.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

gmmarton
01-31-2009, 01:07 PM
My last photo of the morning...Gorgeous Grapes, another worsted weight baby blanket heading off to the Pediatrics Unit at Bridgeport Hospital very soon.

This colorful baby blanket was created by:

Spikey, missyjoon, tuxedocat, threesmom/justbeth, pttalbott and gmmarton.

:knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Pretty! :heart:

Spikey
02-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Cherry Berry and Tutti Fruitti arrived yesterday while I was out of town. They are even more beautiful in person! :inlove:

:woohoo:Two more completed preemie blankets to deliver!

MGM
02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Pumpkin Delight is finished. Will post a picture later and get it in the mail tomorrow.

MGM

MGM
02-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Here's a picture of the completed Pumpkin Delight.

MGM

MGM
02-01-2009, 09:49 PM
The stitch is called Farrow Rib, not Furrow Rib. It is a two-row pattern:

Row 1: K2, P1 across.
Row 2: P1, K2 across.

Of course, if you are using it on our Oddball baby blankets, you would begin with K3 and end with K3 on every row to create a border.

Sorry, I never heard of the Hurdle Stitch, but I bet you can find it on the Web.

I discovered that this pattern is missing something...It should be knit on a multiple of 3 stitches plus 1.

Row 1 should be (K2,P1) to last stitch, K1
Row 2 should be P1, (K2,P1) across

I did the last section of Pumpkin Delight without that last K1 on row 1 and without the first P1 on Row 2. It came out more like an odd seed stitch pattern. I guess we could call it Not Quite Farrow Rib!

Anyway, I just thought I'd clarify that in case anyone else wants to work that pattern stitch. Now I'm going to get started on Cotton Candy.....oooooh it's so pretty!

MGM

gmmarton
02-01-2009, 10:03 PM
You're right...I can't count. :wink:

MGM
02-02-2009, 05:26 PM
That's ok Gail. It turned out interesting anyway! The section right before it was done in seed stitch. Mine looks similar, except for every third stitch is a little offset.

I am using the real Farrow Rib on Cotton Candy and it looks nice.

MGM

Spikey
02-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Mellow Yellow and Mint Chocolate Chip are finally ready to move on!

The first section of Mellow Yellow was done with Bernat Softee Baby in alternating stockinette and garter stitch. The second section was done with Bernat Baby Jacquard (Lemon Pie) in Farrow Row Rib.

MCC was done with Bernat Softee Baby in Loop Stitch - and has been the bane of my existence. Knit, frog, knit, frog :knitting::frog::knitting::frog:

They'll go out to the next knitters tomorrow.

threesmom
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I love the finished blanket photos! It's so exciting to see something completed that I saw in it's "infant" stages ... Great job everyone!

I finished with Candy Cane last night, and I;ll check the blog to see where it's going. I'm planning a PO trip tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to get it out with the bunch I'm already set to send.

gmmarton
02-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Spikey, the color schemes of Mellow Yellow and
Mint Chocolate Chip are motivating me to start some new worsted weight baby blankets.

Open for takers, two new worsted weight blankets coming to a neighborhood near you!!!

1. Banana Split - shades of yellow, white, brown (and whatever else you put atop your banana split!)
2. Cupcakes - pretty pastels

Anyone interested in working on these? Give us a Shout Out and we'll add you to the list. :thumbsup:

Thanks, everyone!

sarahbean
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
recieved lavender mist!!!! thanks so much for the (i can't remember the correct name for them) needle ends :D

gmmarton
02-03-2009, 10:02 PM
I just wanted you to know that I received the card that goes with August.

Thanks for sending that on, sarahbean! :hug:

gmmarton
02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I received the completed Pumpkin Delight in the mail today from MGM. This means we will have at least ten (10) new blankets for the folks at Bridgeport Hospital when I make the delivery later this month.

Thanks, MGM, for sending back my bamboo needles. I will use them to start yet another worsted weight blanket!

Great job, everyone!

Spikey
02-04-2009, 08:04 PM
mdc550 posted this over on our Ravelry thread:

"Hello, all! I’ve had the urge to start a new preemie blanket which I would like to call Spearmint Candy because (1) that is the name of the Bernat Baby Jacquard yarn that I used; and (2) I don’t have a creative bone in my body! But, nonetheless, the beginning colors are charming: shades of bubblegum pink, grass green, lemon yellow and white (notice no mention of “mint”!??! :teehee:). Spikey will be next in line (as she has the circs and the instruction template), but the remaining four sections are up for grabs. So, if these lovely spring colors are appealing, please let Spikey know and she will add you to the spreadsheet."

Anyone interested? We need three more knitters and border guard. Thanks! :muah:

Spikey
02-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Here are three new preemie blankets that are being started soon:

Grape Jelly :yay:- purples, greens, browns

Confetti :balloons: - fun colors, with dots if possible. I have a terrific yarn from Plymouth, called Dreambaby (50% acrylic, 50% nylon, which should be ok) that is a light green color with little blue and green dots, DK weight and feels super soft. I’ll see how it knits up, as I’ve never used it before.

Starlight :cool: - whites, yellows, blues

Who’s interested?

gmmarton
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Yippee! We have yet another worsted weight blanket to add to the 'completed' list. This one is especially sweet to have done as it was one of the very first blankets we started back in August 2008. Nor'easter has been out and about enjoying the greater New England area. :wink: It arrived today from Pennsylvania, will be washed, photographed and made ready for delivery for the folks at Bridgeport Hospital later this month.

Thanks, everyone, for your help!

robkat317
02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi All,

FYI, I received Crayons in the mail today from threesmom!!

I'm sorry, but, I have to say it.......it really looks like a box of crayons!!

suziehomemaker
02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow - my head is just spinning after reading all the updates on these blankets! It's great to see so many getting completed and others getting started!

sarahbean
02-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Can I be added to Starlight?
thanks and happy knitting! :D

robkat317
02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I'll also take a spot on Starlight if there is still room.

Thanks

Kathy =)

Spikey
02-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Can I be added to Starlight?
thanks and happy knitting! :D

I'll also take a spot on Starlight if there is still room.

Thanks

Kathy =)

You've got it! You'll be the second and third knitters on Starlight.

Thanks!

MGM
02-06-2009, 12:40 AM

I received Citrus Sunshine in today's mail along with the most darling little fleece flower pin! Thank you so much pt! How very thoughtful. I only wish the blanket had brought a little warmth along with the sunshine! But at least we know there will be a few more warm babies out there!

Cotton Candy is almost done, so I'll save it until I finish Citrus Sunshine and mail them both back together.

MGM

Spikey
02-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Terrific plan, MGM!

pttalbott is over on Rav, so I'll pass along your thanks.

Shandeh
02-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Rock & Roll, Northeast knitters! :thumbsup:

gmmarton
02-07-2009, 05:22 AM
A few spots are open...

We have a few spots available for knitters :knitting: on the following worsted weight baby blankets:

New Year's Parade - #6 spot
Neon Fun (bright colors) - #3, 4 or 5 spots open
The Big Apple (all red) - #6 spot
Cupcakes (pretty pastels) - #6 spot

If you are interested in knitting on any of the above, please let us know.

Thanks, everyone!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

gmmarton
02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
A few spots are open...

We have a few spots available for knitters :knitting: on the following worsted weight baby blankets:

New Year's Parade - #6 spot
Neon Fun (bright colors) - #3, 4 or 5 spots open
The Big Apple (all red) - #6 spot
Cupcakes (pretty pastels) - #6 spot

If you are interested in knitting on any of the above, please let us know.

Thanks, everyone!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

The #6 spot on New Year's Parade has been filled...hurray!!
The #3 spot on Neon Fun has also been filled.

MGM
02-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Here's the completed Cotton Candy. I finally got Farrow Rib right! That's a pretty stitch. I worked it in soft lilac...I've seen purple cotton candy before :wink: ! And the border is another one I made up using Bernat Softee Baby Pink Marl. I'll have the pattern and some close up pictures on my website soon.

MGM

gmmarton
02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
What a beautiful blanket...and I love your border.

Congrats on getting the Farrow Rib Stitch (still my fav!) down pat! :thumbsup:

Spikey
02-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Great work, everyone:muah:

Spikey
02-08-2009, 02:56 PM
All of our blogs have been updated, with lists of all blanket progress and open spots for knitters and crocheters.

preemies - DK/sportweight (http://northeastpreemie.blogspot.com/)
worsted weight (http://northeastoddball.blogspot.com/)
completed blankets (http://www.northeastcompleted.blogspot.com/)

gmmarton
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Well, it is that time of year again, when I can bask in the thought of having a week off very soon. And to celebrate the joy of having some free time, I will be starting some more worsted weight Oddball Baby Blankets. They include:

Leprechaun - done in various shades of green in honor of You-Know-Who!

It's a Boy - dare I say 'boy colors' and not freak anyone out?

It's a Girl - one for the girls!

Spring Fling - soft colors/pastels in honor of the change of season next month!

If you are interested, please post here or send me a PM.

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming support.
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

gmmarton
02-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I received the beautiful preemie blanket, Mint Chocolate Chip, this afternoon. Thanks, Spikey! It is adorable. I can't wait to work on it this weekend.
:knitting: :knitting:

gmmarton
02-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Here is the updated list of volunteers to work on our newest worsted weight Oddball Baby Blankets:

Cupcakes:
gmmarton
knitterluvspurls
sugarmagknowya
hamham
missyjoon
sandycloset
sandycloset (Border Patrol)

Leprechaun:
gmmarton
knittinginhudson
knitterluvspurls
justbeth
#5 spot - open
#6 spot - open
Border Patrol - open

It's a Boy:
gmmarton
knittinginhudson
knitterluvspurls
sugarmagknowya
#5 spot - open
#6 spot - open
Border Patrol - open

It's a Girl:
gmmarton
knittinginhudson
knitterluvspurls
hamham
justbeth
#6 spot - open
Border Patrol - open

Spring Fling - is filled!
gmmarton
sandycloset
knitterluvspurls
hamham
sugarmagknowya
missyjoon
gmmarton - Border Patrol

Good thing I'm on vacation next week...I might be spending some time at the local Post Office!

Thanks, everyone...you're the Best!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

GinnyG
02-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Just a reminder, I think I am in the que for three blanket.......but it seem slike it been awhile0.......................................
:whistle:

gmmarton
02-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Spikey updated the worsted and preemie blogs two days ago. Have you checked them? I just posted an update earlier for our newest blankets, but I will check our spreadsheet and let you know.

suziehomemaker
02-11-2009, 05:17 PM
I received Vanilla Creme today safe and sound. It's beautiful and I love the idea of using the same yarn for the entire blanket! Although you're not helping my stash busting this year:aww:

Thank you so much for the notecards! I love them and they are so useful!

Spikey
02-12-2009, 11:31 AM
threesmom - am just about finished with Here Comes the Sun. Are you ready for some sunshine to head your way? :cool:

MGM
02-13-2009, 12:14 AM
...and here it is! I did the top part with Pink Lemonade in mind! Oh for more warm weather! The border is just 2 rounds of single crochet then one round of reverse single crochet...one of my favorite stitches to border a blanket. Close-ups will be on my site in the morning.

I'll put it in the mail along with Cotton Candy tomorrow (Friday 2/13) to Spikey.

MGM

gmmarton
02-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Thanks, MGM...we've got another beauty here! :cheering: :cheering:

Spikey
02-13-2009, 11:18 AM
So lovely. Thanks, everyone!

MGM
02-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Delivery Confirmation Number for Citrus Sunshine and Cotton Candy is: 0103 8555 7495 3478 5982

It will go out today.

Now I'm going to check my stash of yarn and see which new blankets I can sign up for without having to buy new yarn! How fun!

MGM

threesmom
02-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Citrus Sunshine looks beautiful!! So cheerful - great job everyone!

MGM
02-14-2009, 12:31 AM
I would be very interested to know what stitch was used in the first section of Citrus Sunshine. It looks like the yarn is carried over two or three stitches all across the rows. That particular yarn is very pretty and also felt really nice.

Also the stitch used in the orange section was fun. Would love to know the name of that or get the pattern for it.

Thanks,
MGM

Spikey
02-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi, MGM! I used Loop Stitch for the first section on Citrus Sunshine.

Super easy, and works for any even numbered pattern.

Row 1 (RS): Knit
Row 2: *K1, slip 1* K last 2
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: K2 *slip 1, K1*

Just remember that the pattern is worked on the wrong side to show up on the right side. (I usually screw that up when I'm tired) :sleepy:

gmmarton
02-14-2009, 07:08 AM
That's a lovely stitch, and it looks like it would work up quickly (and I will pay attention to what row I'm working on!).

Thanks, Spikey! :hug:

gmmarton
02-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Blue Diamond, a preemie oddball baby blanket, was mailed out yesterday to kidpal51.

Delivery confirmation #: 0308 2040 0000 9222 6280.

Happy knitting! :cheering:

knitterluvspurls
02-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Happy Monday to all! And congrats (with a wee bit of jealousy) for those of you not working today!! =) Ahhh.. I would love a day off... to sit in the sunshine and knit a little... ahhhhhh... Anywho!!

Mellow Yellow went out to knittinginhudson/kidpal51 on Saturday via USPS. Confirmation # 0308 1400 0001 5256 8801.

Cupcakes is finished and ready for the next knitter. sugarmagknowya are you ready for it?

Here's hoping for a great week and a continuation of the sunshine!! Enjoy all!

gmmarton
02-16-2009, 04:37 PM
I received the completed Independence Day on Friday afternoon. What a joy it was to receive this blanket, as it was Missing in Action for months now. It is beautifully knit and finished, and will make some little person very happy.

Need I say the Marines in my life are happy as well? You bet they are!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

gmmarton
02-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Two more worsted weight blankets were mailed out today. Leprechaun and It's a Girl were mailed Priority to knitterluvspurls.

Delivery Confirmation Receipt #: 0308 2690 0001 0614 3045.

Happy knitting!
:knitting: :knitting: :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

gmmarton
02-17-2009, 07:33 PM
The finished blanket...my Marines will love it!

Spikey
02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
The completed blankets Cotton Candy and Citrus Sunshine arrived today! Thanks, MGM.

Lovely work everyone!

gmmarton
02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Attention all Northeast Oddball Groupies:

I just confirmed an appointment to meet with Bridgeport Hospital's Child Life Therapist this Friday morning to drop off our completed worsted weight baby blankets. I told her that we had another twelve (12) blankets for delivery, and I honestly thought she was going to cry. Her enthusiasm for our blankets is overwhelming, to say the least. She mentioned that the pediatric staff members couldn't stop touching the last batch of blankets delivered last Thanksgiving - they felt so soft! :heart:

The staff also loved the fact that we named the blankets. I told her that some of the blankets coming this time had names like "Pumpkin Delight," "Think Pink," "Bubblegum," "Independence Day," "Nor'easter," etc.

My Bpt. Hospital contact also reiterated the gratefulness that the new parents felt when the hospital passed out our blankets.

It is so heartwarming to know that our blankets are making such a profound difference in people's lives.

Thank you dear past, present, and future knitters and crochet folks, for your generous contributions to babies and their family members in the greater Bridgeport, Connecticut region. You have all done so much to enliven the Bliss!

:muah:

sarahbean
02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
i should be finished with Lavender Mist tomorrow, whos next?

suziehomemaker
02-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Sarabean - It looks like I'm next and I'm ready. I'll send you a PM with my address.

Shandeh
02-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Great news about your blankets! :heart: :muah: :heart:
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

gmmarton
02-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I just received the completed Northeast Rainbow II from bobi1218. Thanks for sending that along to me for ‘border patrol.’ I can’t wait to finish it up.

Unfortunately, I don’t have time to get it done for delivery to Bpt. Hospital tomorrow morning, so I will hold it for my planned delivery in April. I’m hoping we’ll have at least another 12 - 15 completed blankets by then.

Thanks, everyone, and thanks for the notecards too!

gmmarton
02-20-2009, 05:41 PM
This morning I had the great joy of delivering twelve more worsted weight baby blankets to the folks at Bridgeport Hospital. There really are no words to describe the wonderful feeling it was to hand over these ‘blankets of bliss.’

Thank you again, everyone, for your wonderful support and beautiful creations.

You're folks Rock! :woot: :woot:

gmmarton
02-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Here is the beginning stages of 'It's a Boy.'

gmmarton
02-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Here's a photo of another new blanket, 'Spring Fling,' done in Spikey's favorite stitch, the Loop Stitch.

I really like the effect.

SteveDallas
02-21-2009, 12:55 AM
Yayyy for the blanket delivery!!! (I'm not posting much at the moment, but I'm still here.)

gmmarton
02-22-2009, 10:49 AM
We have two open spots on our current worsted weight blankets:

#5 spot on Leprechaun and

#6 spot and "Border Patrol" for It's a Girl

If you are interested, please let me know!

Thanks!

gmmarton
02-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I just wanted everyone to know that with the overwhelming success of our Northeast Oddball Baby Blankets project, I feel inspired to start up an additional three blankets. At present, we have sixteen worsted weight blankets in circulation. In addition, Northeast Rainbow II is complete so our total is seventeen. I like to round up my numbers (crazy, isn't it?), so I am looking for an even number like twenty (20) for delivery to Bridgeport Hospital this spring.

These are the worsted weight blankets I will be starting very soon:

Sherbert - 110 sts on size 8's - pastels

Pink Eraser - 110 sts on size 8's - various shades of pink

Dogwood - 110 sts on size 8's - pinks, peach, soft/off white

I'm going with more stitches on these blankets because I think that with all of the time, effort, energy and focus going into them, they should be a substantial size for the little one.

Let me know if you are interested in working on any of these. I probably won't cast on for another week or so, so there is plenty of time for you to sign up.

Many thanks!

:heart:

GinnyG
02-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Vanilla Cream Worsted received!

MGM
02-22-2009, 12:58 PM
We have two open spots on our current worsted weight blankets:

#5 spot on Leprechaun and

#6 spot and "Border Patrol" for It's a Girl

If you are interested, please let me know!

Thanks!

It's a Girl! How exciting! I'll take it! #6 and border patrol please!

MGM

gmmarton
02-22-2009, 12:58 PM
It's a Boy and Spring Fling were posted yesterday to sandycloset.

Delivery Confirmation No.: 0308 1400 0000 0104 9710.

MGM
02-22-2009, 01:02 PM
I just wanted everyone to know that with the overwhelming success of our Northeast Oddball Baby Blankets project, I feel inspired to start up an additional three blankets. At present, we have sixteen worsted weight blankets in circulation. In addition, Northeast Rainbow II is complete so our total is seventeen. I like to round up my numbers (crazy, isn't it?), so I am looking for an even number like twenty (20) for delivery to Bridgeport Hospital this spring.

These are the worsted weight blankets I will be starting very soon:

Sherbert - 110 sts on size 8's - pastels

Pink Eraser - 110 sts on size 8's - various shades of pink

Dogwood - 110 sts on size 8's - pinks, peach, soft/off white

I'm going with more stitches on these blankets because I think that with all of the time, effort, energy and focus going into them, they should be a substantial size for the little one.

Let me know if you are interested in working on any of these. I probably won't cast on for another week or so, so there is plenty of time for you to sign up.

Many thanks!

:heart:

Please add me as last knitter and border patrol on one of these. Any one is fine, you pick. Thanks!

Good idea to make the blankets a little bigger too!

MGM

gmmarton
02-22-2009, 02:03 PM
MGM

You have the last spot and Border Patrol on Sherbert.

Thanks!

kidpal51
02-22-2009, 04:44 PM
A spot on Pink Eraser please. One of the last ones would be good.
knittinginhudson on ravelry

gmmarton
02-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Done...

sarahbean
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Lavender Mist was mailed yesterday

kidpal51
02-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Blue Diamond is ready to go to mdc550 for the border. Please PM the address. Thanks.

robkat317
02-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Crayons will be sent out today to mdc550. I will post delivery confirmation once I have it.

Also, if there is still a spot open on Dogwood, I will take it

Have a lovely day everyone!!! =)

:thumbsup:

kidpal51
02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Blue Diamond sent to mdc550 this am.

gmmarton
02-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Thank you so much, everyone, for your outstanding response to work on three new worsted weight baby blankets. Here are the lists so far:

Sherbert:

gmmarton (will begin)
missyjoon
hamham
knitterluvspurls
justbeth
MGM (will also do Border Patrol)

Pink Eraser:

gmmarton (will begin)
sandycloset
missyjoon
knitterluvspurls
kidpal51 (KH)/knittinginhudson (Rav)
bobi1218
Border Patrol is open!

Dogwood:

gmmarton (will begin)
missyjoon
robkat317
knitterluvspurls
bobi1218
#6 spot is open
Border Patrol is open

You are all so amazing! :yay: :yay: :woot: :woot:

Many thanks!

Spikey
02-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi Northeasters!!

Sorry to have been MIA. Am on an extended business trip and internet access has been surprisingly difficult to find, to say the least.

Knitting time, however, has been in abundance! When I return on Saturday, I'll be ready to mail out Circus, Circus, Neon Fun, Spearmint Candy, Starlight, Beautiful Boy (I did Tuxedocat's part), and Grape Jelly. Will also likely have enough time to start another preemie blanket, and I've knit two Calorimetrys!

I hope everyone is well, and has been having a good week. I'm currently lunching a cafe on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, where it is sunny and 72 degrees - and loving every minute of it!!!

MGM
02-25-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm so jealous! All that knitting plus warm weather to boot!

Have a safe trip home,
MGM

suziehomemaker
02-26-2009, 10:59 AM
I received Strawberry Parfait and Lavender Mist (thanks so much for the note cards - love them!) and I should be able to mail both blankets on Monday before I take off for my next business trip.

Can I get the next addresses for both blankets?

By the way, they are both gorgeous!

robkat317
02-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Crayons was sent out to mdc550 today

Delivery Confirmation = 0306 2400 0002 3954 5663

I have received Hues of Blues and I will start working on it!!

gmmarton
02-27-2009, 05:44 AM
I received Over the Moon and New Year's Parade today from missyjoon.

The blankets are beautiful! I can't wait to work on them this weekend!

gmmarton
02-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I mailed out Mint Chocolate Chip to kidpal51 this morning via Priority mail.

Delivery Confirmation #: 0308 2040 0000 9222 6273.

Happy knitting!

Spikey
02-28-2009, 01:27 PM
I received Strawberry Parfait and Lavender Mist (thanks so much for the note cards - love them!) and I should be able to mail both blankets on Monday before I take off for my next business trip.

Can I get the next addresses for both blankets?

By the way, they are both gorgeous!

Hi suziehomemaker,

Strawberry Parfait should come to me, once it is complete. Please include the needle, as I've got a new blanket that can use it. I'll PM you my address.

Lavender Mist goes to katxena from Ravelry. I'll see if she is ready and let you know.

Thanks!

Spikey
02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Here are Circus Circus and Neon Fun, two worsted weight blankets:woohoo:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3356/3316713917_0c6e49bbd6.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3526/3316713995_a47edb1804.jpg

GinnyG
02-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Vanilla Cream Worsted heading out to NH on Monday!

Spikey
02-28-2009, 06:18 PM
And here are four preemie blankets:

Starlight
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3446/3316714223_cdf85fe752.jpg

Grape Jelly
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3303/3317540188_3041927415.jpg

Spearmint Candy
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/3316714195_974c4603a8.jpg

and Beautiful Boy
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3603/3317540308_d38cf3c2c8.jpg

gmmarton
02-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I love the photos...the blankets are fantastic! :yay:

kidpal51
03-01-2009, 09:28 AM
And I believe Creamsicle is going to GinnyG from NH on Monday, if we are not snowed it.

Spikey
03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Blogs were updated this morning.

There are still spots for knitters and crocheters on WW and preemie blankets, so let us know where you'd like to jump in!

gmmarton
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Two more blankets were posted via Priority Mail>

Over the Moon is heading to kidpal51: Delivery Confirmation #: 0308.2040.0000.9222.6150 and

New Year's Parade is heading to hamham: Delivery Confirmation#: 0308.2040.0000.9222.6167.

Happy knitting, ladies!

Spikey
03-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow! How did you get out? We were just plowed out about 10 minutes ago, and it's still snowing. Have to go dig out the car...:out:

GinnyG
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
And I believe Creamsicle is going to GinnyG from NH on Monday, if we are not snowed it.

ANd I am sending OUT Vanilla Cream today. We only got about 5 inches of snow so are not snow bound.

sarahbean
03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
wow. so much snow for you guys!
we just have really cold winds :D
hope the blankets don't get snowed in!

kellee0302
03-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I saw on the blog that a knitter was needed for leprechaun(shades of green). If you still need a knitter I would be willing to do a section on this blanket.
Kelly

gmmarton
03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I will check the spreadsheet and get back to you.

Thanks for the offer!

gmmarton
03-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Yep, you can have the #5 spot on Leprechaun. I've added you to the spreadsheet.

stisdale
03-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Here's a photo of another new blanket, 'Spring Fling,' done in Spikey's favorite stitch, the Loop Stitch.

I really like the effect.

I love this loop stitch and the spring colors! I'll have to look up the pattern for this for my next baby blanket project!

kidpal51
03-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Good Morning, GinnyG,

Because of snow Creamsicle didn't get out until yesterday. Confirmation #0308 1400 0001 7800 4390. Have a great day!
Brenda (kidpal51; knittinginhudson (Rav)

Spikey
03-05-2009, 12:26 AM
kidpal51, are you ready for Little Boy Blue?

He's ready for you!

There are still openings for three more knitters and the border, if anyone is interested. Thanks!

gmmarton
03-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Well, we are 'springing ahead' this weekend, and I'm feeling energized, even if we're about to lose an hour. Between the snow day, delayed opening, CT Mastery Testing (ugh), cold, wind, and overall lack of sleep this week, I'm feeling something's got to change around here (must be my manic side coming out!). The reality of it is that I just finished a huge project yesterday related to school and now I am crying tears of joy. What a relief! I feel liberated! :woohoo: :woot:

I feel...like starting some more worsted weight blankets, in fact! I feel...like these two blankets are going to be a little bigger than those we've done in the past...five inches per knitter on 110 stitches. These are my thoughts:

Lollipop - knit in any bright colors
Flower Power (as a throwback to my '60's days) - "gardener's choice" for colors

So, if you are interested in working on either of the above, I will probably get them cast on this weekend as I continue to lose sleep and await the arrival of Spring. Please send me a PM and I will add you to the list.

Thanks, everyone, for your support. :muah:

kidpal51
03-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Sure, Spikey. Send him along, he'll just have to get in line and wait his turn--lol!

Spikey
03-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks, kidpal51. He won't go out until tomorrow, so your line won't get any longer until next week :teehee:

gmmarton
03-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Good morning one and all,

I received a letter yesterday that I wanted to share with you. This is in response to the recent donation of Oddball Baby Blankets to the folks at Bridgeport Hospital.

"Dear Gail and Northeast Oddball Knitters,

On behalf of the staff and patients of the P.T. Barnum Pediatric Center and everyone at Bridgeport Hospital, thank you and all the Oddball Knitters for your generous gifts-in-kind of twelve beautiful hand knitted blankets for our patients.

The blankets are a wonderful addition to th the services provided by Bridgepport Hospital's Pediatric Unit. They will provide the patients such comfort while they receive important medical care. The ability to snuggle up with something soft and warm during their hospital stay helps speed along their recovery.

We truly appreciate your kindness and support of Bridgeport Hospital and our pediatric programs. Best wishes to all of you for a healthy and happy spring.

Sincerely,

S.M. Chucwick, CFRE
Director of Development"

Well done, group! :muah: :muah: :muah:

Spikey
03-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey there, knitters & crocheters, we have three preemie blankets looking to be filled up:

Little Boy Blue (blues) :guyknitting:

Spring Has Sprung (pastels - all garter stitch :cool:)

Sleeping Beauty (pinks, yellows, white) :knitting:

Who's interested?

Spikey
03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Here are our 18 (count 'em, eighteen!) preemie blankets :woohoo:, drying after their first bath. Special thanks to mdc550 for the blanket that she crocheted (the lovely white one in the upper left corner) and the little hat that LilHuskiesFootBallMom knitted.

Each one will be packed up and delivered to the Special Delivery Unit tomorrow. cloud9:woot::cheering::yay::happydance:

Thanks to everyone for such a phenomenal job! :muah::grphug::muah:

Kvphoto
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
This is an awesome thing you guys are doing! Hopefully once my knitting experience improves I can participate in a few.

gmmarton
03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Spikey, the blankets are beautiful. Eighteen bundles of Bliss! Have fun delivering them tomorrow. Thank you for your guidance. You've been there for us 24/7 from day one.

With the eighteen preemie baby blankets going to CHOP, the last delivery of twelve and the first delivery of eight worsted weight blankets to Bridgeport Hospital, our Northeast Oddball Knitters (and crochet friends) have created thirty-eight blankets since August, 2008.

It is such a joy to be involved with such wonderful people who are so giving of their time, energy and creativity.

Congratulations one and all! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Spikey
03-08-2009, 09:45 PM
This is an awesome thing you guys are doing! Hopefully once my knitting experience improves I can participate in a few.

Kvphoto - we can always use help crocheting borders, and you can add in knitting when you feel comfortable. Check the blogs (links in my sig) and let us know where you like to jump in. It's easy!

MGM
03-08-2009, 10:46 PM
and it's a great way to practice your knitting too!

MGM

suziehomemaker
03-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Lavender Mist and The Big Apple are ready for the next knitters. I received Circus Circus and African Violet (I don't think I was signed up for this one but no worries) over the weekend and I will have them finished this week.

Thanks so much for the recipe cards and beautiful yarn from all of the packages. Everything was so thoughtful!

I love working on these blankets!

robkat317
03-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Thank you first for sharing that lovely letter, its wonderful to know the comforts that our efforts bring to others. Thank you again for posting the beautiful picture of all of those lovely blankets, looking at it made me smile!!

If you please, I will take a spot on Sleeping Beauty (my favorite Disney movie)

Also, an update on Hues of Blues I am about 1/2 finished with my section and I should be done by Wednesday. GinnyG is the next knitter, are you ready for it this week?

Kvphoto
03-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Kvphoto - we can always use help crocheting borders, and you can add in knitting when you feel comfortable. Check the blogs (links in my sig) and let us know where you like to jump in. It's easy!

I will most definitely let you know once I am a bit more comfortable and know how to cast off! lol I bought metal needles last night and am having a much easier time of it than the plastic ones I was given at my lesson. Much less frustration and going quicker and producing a more even piece of work....:woot:

gmmarton
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
And thanks for your interest in supporting our Northeast Oddball Group. We are very 'user-friendly' so you can count on a lot of support from our dedicated members.

sarahbean
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
recieved starlight thanks so much for the notecards spikey! I love them :D

it's a beautiful start!

Spikey
03-11-2009, 11:52 AM
The preemie blanket blog was updated this morning, including our new blankets, which still have some spots for available knitters and crocheters.

Thanks!

suziehomemaker
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
My husband mailed 2 blankets for me today:

Big Apple 03082690000060954329
Lavender Mist 03082690000060954350

I was rushing to get these out and I forgot to include the notecards! Oops! I will try to include these next time I'm mailing to you both. I'm so sorry about that!

Spikey
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks, suziehomemaker. No worries about the cards, no blanket deliveries scheduled for awhile, so they'll be time for them to make the rounds.

Spikey
03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Just got an email from the Executive Director of the Special Delivery Unit at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

She loved our blankets and commented on how beautiful they were! They are being distributed to new Moms as we speak.

Thanks again for all of your time, materials, and effort! :muah:

gmmarton
03-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that I posted some updates for the worsted weight baby blankets (http://northeastoddball.blogspot.com/)in progress.

Also, sandycloset has stepped forward to take the #4 spot on Flower Power.

Thanks, sandycloset!

:woohoo:

gmmarton
03-12-2009, 04:28 AM
The completed Vanilla Creme made its way back to me yesterday. Thanks, knittinginhudson for the beautiful treasure enclosed.

Once the border is done, I will post a photo.

Thanks to all who worked on this blanket...I love the stitches and the monochromatic look.

MGM
03-12-2009, 10:12 AM
What a cheerful blanket this one is! I finished the border last night during the high school band booster meeting - Y A W N ! - and I'll pop it in the mail today.

MGM

kidpal51
03-13-2009, 06:59 AM
Here Comes the Sun is lovely!

gmmarton
03-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Two new worsted weight blankets were mailed out Priority this morning:

Lollipop was mailed to SeeRosieKnit: Delivery Confirmation #: 0308 0001 0614 3090.

Pink Eraser was mailed to sandycloset:
Delivery confirmation #: 0308 2040 0000 9222 6174

knitterluvspurls
03-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Happy Friday all NE Oddball Knitters! I hope that you all have some of this glourious sunshine– even though it’s not exactly warm yet – it is sure sunny!

I am honored to start a new Preemie Oddball Blanket (DK or sport weight yarn), and have choosen the name Somewhere Over the Rainbow. The blanket will consist of bright solid primary colors (Red, blue, green, yellow, purple, orange… anything in the rainbow!)

This is truly one of my most favorite songs, and whenever I hear it or think about it, I imagine Kermit sitting there and swinging his legs. Hopefully that image and this song will bring us joy as we create it … and joy to the recipient.

Anyone want to sign up??

Thanks!!

Edited – Maybe it was “It’s not easy being green” where he swings his legs… hopefully you get the point! lol

suziehomemaker
03-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Circus Circus is ready - MGM are you ready?

African Violet will be ready to go by Monday.

MGM
03-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Circus Circus is ready - MGM are you ready?

African Violet will be ready to go by Monday.

Ready! Can't wait to get it!

MGM

gmmarton
03-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Here is Dogwood, one of the newest worsted weight baby blankets, that I'm posting this morning to missyjoon.

gmmarton
03-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Sherbert, another worsted weight baby blanket, will also be traveling to missyjoon this morning.

gmmarton
03-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Here is Flower Power, another worsted weight blanket on the way to missyjoon this morning.

gmmarton
03-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Pink Eraser was posted yesterday to sandycloset. Delivery Confirmation #: 0308 2040 0000 9222 6174.

gmmarton
03-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Lollipop, a new worsted weight blanket, was posted yesterday to See RosieKnit.

Delivery Confirmation #: 0308 2690 0001 0614 3090.

robkat317
03-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Good morning all!!

I received Seaside Park on Friday afternoon. Thank you bobi1218 for the notecards!! I love hearts!! =)

Also, on Friday afternoon, Hues of Blues was sent to GinnyG. Delivery confirmation = 0308 0660 0000 2036 5894

Spikey
03-17-2009, 03:01 PM
MGM - the beautiful, completed Here Comes the Sun arrived safely.

Thank you!

suziehomemaker
03-18-2009, 01:06 PM
I made it to the Post Office yesterday:

African Violet was mailed to "hamham" and the delivery confirmation is 03082690000150370817

Circus Circus was mailed to "MGM" and the deliver confirmation is 03082690000150370800

MGM
03-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I just received a package of knitted happiness in the form of Circus Circus. What a cheerful blanket this is turning out to be! :)

Thanks for the notecards, Angela. So thoughtful!

MGM

Spikey
03-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Spring Has Sprung is on its way to missyjoon and Sleeping Beauty is on its way to hamham

sarahbean
03-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Starlight is ready to be mailed to the next person :D

Spikey
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
robkat317, that's you. Are you ready for sarahbean to send it along?

gmmarton
03-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Just a gentle reminder to our beautiful Oddball Knitters (and Border Patrol crochet friends too!):

I observed something while doing the final preparations of our worsted weight blankets for delivery to Bridgeport Hospital that I want to bring to your attention. Simply put, although these are small items that we are creating with the help of many, I would expect that every single person working on a blanket would do his/her very best work. Everyone working on these blankets has made a commitment to read and follow the guidelines/instructions suggested for that blanket. Off the top of my head, these are some concerns that I saw with the last batch of worsted weight blankets.

1. Make sure you count the stitches on your rows.
2. Examine your work periodically for dropped stitches; if you have dropped a stitch, please pick it up. There are excellent videos out there (check the KnittingHelp.com website) to help you with that issue.
3. Pay attention to the weight of the yarn called for for your blanket. Please, no sportweight or DK weight on the worsted weight blankets (or, no worsted weight yarns should be used on our preemie baby blankets).
4. Finish your last row as an all-knit row on the wrong side of the blanket.
5. It is not necessary to weave in your ends; however, please make sure they are long enough for someone to weave in at a later time.

It is wonderful to let your creativity come out with your stitch pattern of choice; however lacy patterns with lots of holes are not the ideal for these blankets. And speaking of holes, I actually received a finished worsted weight blanket in February with a hole right smack in the middle of the blanket! (Fortunately, I had matching yarn and was able to fix that problem). So please don't be afraid to look your work over carefully and check for anything out of sorts.

Forgive me for sounding harsh; that is not my intention. I just want to make sure we maintain the high quality of work that we are all accustomed to doing as we move forward for the purpose of co-creating our beautiful oddball baby blankets. There are so many little ones out there who need our blankets; let's always give them our Best!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

suziehomemaker
03-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the reminders!

robkat317
03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Good morning eeveryone!

Yes, please send along Starlight (sorry I haven't been on this board in several days)

Also, here is a picture of Seaside Park which will be sent to MGM today.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3384972098_74e8be9870.jpg

Thanks

gmmarton
03-27-2009, 07:18 AM
I received the completed worsted weight blanket Butterfly Kisses from sugarmagknowya. What a colorful blanket! Thanks to all who helped make it possible. Look for a photo this weekend.

Thanks, sugmag, for the colorful pens. I can always use writing supplies!

knitterluvspurls
03-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Creamsicle is ready to move on! Threesmom are you ready for it? Photos to follow!

Shandeh
03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Go Northeast! :cheering:

MGM
03-28-2009, 04:32 PM
I received Seaside Park in the mail today and it looks beautiful! I agree with Kathy...I can't wait to get to the beach!

Kathy, thanks so much for the yarn! That is a great color and I think I might even use it for the border on Circus Circus.

MGM

kidpal51
03-28-2009, 06:31 PM
New Year's Parade will be ready to go to MGM on Monday. Are you ready for it?

gmmarton
03-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I will be on break in another two weeks and am feeling the urge to start some new worsted weight blankets. These are the names I've been thinking of:

Blissful Blue (various shades of blues)

Tropical Plantation (tropical colors) (a take-off on the ever popular preemie blanket already completed)

April Showers (rainy day colors)

Marshmellow (all white/soft white) (a take-off on Vanilla Creme)

I probably won't start them for at least another ten days. They will be larger in size (110 sts CO; 5 inches per knitter).

Please let me know if you are interested in helping out.

Thanks, everyone! :muah: :muah:

gmmarton
03-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Kidpal 51, just wanted to catch you before you ship this out...

New Year's Parade should be going to mdc550 on Ravelry, not MGM.

Thanks!

MGM
03-28-2009, 08:45 PM
New Year's Parade will be ready to go to MGM on Monday. Are you ready for it?

Oh sure, why not! What's one more in the queue? Working on these blankets can get addicting! Talk about instant gratification! I love them! :heart:

I just read the next post! Boo hoo. That's ok though. I still have to finish Circus Circus and I just received Seaside Park.

Thanks anyway!

MGM

sarahbean
03-29-2009, 11:27 AM
starlight was mailed

robkat317
03-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone!

I received both Starlight premie blanket and Dogwood worsted weight on Saturday.

Thank you!! :cheering:

Kathy

Spikey
03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
The DK Blanket Blog (http://northeastpreemie.blogspot.com/) has been updated with all of our lovely new pics, and for blanket progress.
As always, completed blankets have been moved over to that blog.

Please take a look, congratulate yourselves on all of your hard work, and then let me know where you'd like to sign up for more! :-)

colbysmimi
03-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi All,

I received the Big Apple yesterday. WOW!

Thank you.:muah:

robkat317
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi Everyone!!

I received Sleeping Beauty on monday afternoon.

Thank you!!

MGM
04-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Pictures will be on my website tomorrow morning. I'll hang on to it and mail it back when I finish Seaside Park to save on postage.

MGM

GinnyG
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Hues of Blue is ready to mail. Could someone PM me the addy. Thanks.

I had a very scarey experience this weekend. I took HOB with me on a trip last week and packed it in my suitcase for the return flight. MY BAG WAS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I held my breath for 3 days hoping I didn't have to come back here and report that I had LOST A BLANKET. But THANK GOODNESS, my bag was delivered to me last night with HOB safely inside!!

robkat317
04-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone.

I'll take a spot on Blissful Blues if there is still one available.

Thanks =)

gmmarton
04-04-2009, 07:07 AM
I received a very colorful blanket in the mail yesterday from Spikey. Crayons, an all-garter blanket, was knit in brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and black. I will be doing the border as soon as I figure out what color to use!

Thanks, Spikey, for the purple yarn. I love purple, and can’t wait to use it.
:knitting: :knitting:

gmmarton
04-04-2009, 07:13 AM
I just wanted everyone to know that we have another five completed worsted weight blankets ready for delivery to Bridgeport Hospital's Pediatrics Center. They are:

Northeast Rainbow II, Candy Cane, Vanilla Creme, Butterfly Kisses and Crayons.

I anticipate the completion of yet another four very soon, including:

New Year's Parade, Circus Circus, Seaside Park and It's a Girl.

And, there is the possibility, that these blankets might be part of my next delivery:

Creamsicle and The Big Apple.

Look for updates on our Blogs sometime next week.

Thanks, everyone, for your support!

You folks rock!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gmmarton
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
So sorry for the delay everyone...

Here is the link for the updated worsted weight baby blanket Blog (http://northeastoddball.blogspot.com/2009/04/march-madness-has-ended-what-relief.html)

MGM
04-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Both will be posted to GM's home today...confirmation number is
0103 8555 7497 8291 9788

Pictures are on my website:
Circus Circus is HERE (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2009/04/circus-circus-oddball-baby-blanket.html)
Seaside Park is HERE (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2009/04/seaside-park-oddball-baby-blanket_09.html)

MGM

kellee0302
04-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I received Leprachaun yesterday. Will work on it over the weekend and have it ready to go early next week.

gmmarton
04-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Attention Northeast Oddball Knitters: I have some DK/sport weight acrylic yarn ideal for preemie baby blankets that I'd like to donate to anyone in our group who can use it. I've pretty much been focused on the larger blankets for the last few months as well as my wool blankets that I knit for afghans4Afghans, so I feel the need to send my DK/sport weight yarn to someone in our group who can really put it to good use.

If interested, please send me a PM and I will mail the box out to you early next week.

Many thanks!

Gail

gmmarton
04-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I received two blankets in the mail...Spring Fling is ready for a border and Hues of Blues needs some finishing touches as well.

Many thanks to GinnyG and missyjoon for the yarn and special sentiments.

:muah: :muah: :muah:

colbysmimi
04-13-2009, 05:25 AM
Morning all,
I received Banana Split on Saturday. What a fun little blanket it is!
Big Apple is ready to move ahead to the next knitter, just pm me with the addy and I'll send it along.

gmmarton
04-13-2009, 09:48 AM
It's me, on both counts!

I just sent you a PM. Thanks so much for the post colbysmimi!

gmmarton
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
I received the finished Seaside Park and Circus Circus in the mail from MGM. Thanks for the lovely gift, MGM.

The blankets are really awesome. I know the folks at Bridgeport Hospital will get a real 'kick' out of the Bridgeport-themed blankets.

Thanks, everyone for your help in creating the above.

robkat317
04-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Good morning everyone.

Here are pictures of Dogwood and Starlight which will be sent out today to the next knitters.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3599/3446556317_d2573dba50.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3569/3446556315_d7271a034c.jpg

gmmarton
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the photos, robkat317.

gmmarton
04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I mailed out Tropical Plantation and Blissful Blues to missyjoon yesterday.

Delivery Confirmation #: 0308 2040 0000 9222 6235.

sarahbean
04-19-2009, 11:57 AM
hey everyone!
I just got back from our band trip to disney world, where we marched in a parade through magic kingdom, and I was thinking of some ideas for new blankets.
I don't really have time to start any new blankets, but if anyone wanted to, I came up with some ideas.
for example, what about one called A Whole New World and making it colors of a flying carpet (blues, yellows, reds, purples white)
or, Under The Sea with marine colors (bright pinks, yellows, blues greens)
or, Hakuna Matata (it means no worries. . . the lion king) with the colors of the sunset ( oranges, reds, yellows)
anyways, disney is amazing and it just made me think, what do kids love? disney.

happy knitting!

gmmarton
04-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Great ideas, sarahbean!

I would be happy to start two new worsted weight weight blankets using two of your themes, A Whole New World and Under the Sea.

So, knitting friends, we will create two more worsted weight blankets for our Northeast Oddball Project as follows:

A Whole New World: blues, yellows, reds, purples, whites, etc.

Under the Sea: bright blues, bright greens, bright pinks, bright yellows...bright, bright, bright!

If you are interested, please send me a PM and I will add you to the list.

Thanks, sarahbean, and I'm glad DisneyWorld was fun!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

gmmarton
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Spikey has made a good point about Under the Sea, which is currently circulating as a preemie baby blanket. Therefore, I won't start Under the Sea as a worsted weight blanket until the preemie blanket is completed and out of circulation.

Spikey
04-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Please help us welcome knead2knit to our Northeast knitting family! :grphug:

She is jumping right in as the last knitter and border patrol on Little Boy Blue.

:woohoo:

Shandeh
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
hey everyone! I just got back from our band trip to disney world, where we marched in a parade through magic kingdom....
I did the same thing at Disney World about 25 years ago! :)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/350116974_136f54e312_m.jpg

Spikey
04-21-2009, 03:26 PM
What a great picture! Thanks for sharing, Shandeh.

Shandeh
04-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks Spikey!
I always laugh when I look at photos of the "skinny me". I look like I'm all TEETH! Since I've put on weight, I've finally grown into my teeth. :teehee:

gmmarton
04-23-2009, 11:59 PM
I received the completed worsted weight blanket New Year's Parade in the mail today from mdc550. Thanks for the lovely note and notepad.

This makes blanket #11 that will be part of my delivery to the Pediatrics Unit at Bridgeport Hospital.

Thanks, everyone, for your great work!

:muah: :muah: :muah:

colbysmimi
04-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Yesterday I received Neon Fun from Angela. What a fun little blanket!
Thank you Angela. :happydance:

colbysmimi
04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Here's a peek!! Banana Split, Neon Fun and The Big Apple

sarahbean
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
thanks for sharing the band picture :D

gmmarton
04-29-2009, 04:22 PM
bobi1218, Dogwood is ready for you. I just sent you a PM that kidpal51 (knittinginhudson on Rav) is ready to ship Dogwood to you.

Please let us know if you are ready.

Thanks!

Spikey
05-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm finally back - and semi-conscious :-) We came in on the red-eye yesterday, and I worked last night but have finally caught up a little on sleep and can get back to the business at hand, before heading to work tonight.

The completed Over the Moon arrived from kidpal51. A lovely blanket, ladies. Thanks to all who participated. Thank you, kidpal51, for the lovely notecards. We are big animal fans over here at Chez Spikey (especially kitties) so they were a bit hit!

Thanks to everyone for all of the great blanket progress! I made a little of my own.

I've started a new DK weight blanket, called Dots, with the yarn from our MIA original Confetti blanket. It will be fun, dotted yarns. Who's interested?

Also, here are Over The Rainbow (going to skein 123 today) and Under the Sea (ready for Missyjoon).

gmmarton
05-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Marshmallow and April Showers, two new worsted weight baby blankets, will be traveling this week to Missyjoon. Sorry about the delay in getting these going: we are approaching year-end at school and things are really busy!

gmmarton
05-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Spots are open on two new worsted weight baby blankets:

Marshmallow has two openings and
April Showers has one opening

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks! :muah:

gmmarton
05-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Hello everyone,

I updated our worsted weight Blog yesterday for all interested parties. We have eleven completed worsted weight blankets with two more completed, but not yet received, and another five that are close to completion. If my math is right, that means eighteen more worsted weight blankets for the folks at Bridgeport Hospital's Pediatrics Center. This is truly amazing, as our last delivery was as recent as February, a short nine weeks ago!

We currently have another ten blankets in circulation, three of which need additional knitters. Please check our Blog (http://northeastoddball.blogspot.com/) and note our progress.

Many thanks to all who have helped make our Northeast Regional Group such an overwhelming success!

You folks rock!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

norepeats
05-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Spikey, Not familiar with this type of communication, have hunted for half an hour to find a way to send a message. I knit and crochet. Need more help? norepeats
norepeats at ravelry as well but not active in this type of networking yet,

saw somewhere your birthday is 3/16, another Pisces here, 3/14 Jo

Shandeh
05-07-2009, 12:05 PM
.........have hunted for half an hour to find a way to send a message. I knit and crochet. Need more help? norepeats.........
To send a private message, just click on the name of the person you want to contact, then click "send a private message...."

gmmarton
05-07-2009, 03:48 PM
norepeats, we have worsted weight and preemie blankets in circulation here. Are you in the Northeast? Please send one of us a PM and we will be in touch!

Thanks!

Spikey
05-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi norepeats, and welcome. We are always looking for new knitters and crocheters to join our group!

The DK (preemie) blanket blog has just been updated, so let me know where you might like to jump in (link in my signature).

SteveDallas
05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I hope everybody is well! I haven't been checking in here very much lately. But I just wanted to let you know that I did receive "It's A Boy" a few days back. I'll be starting the last section & border on it this weekend.

Vertigo1414
05-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi all, i'm kinda new to the forums but i just wanted to say hi. i already pm'ed spikey about joining the NE knitters group (i'm in MA). I also wanted to say my mom works from a non-profit group that provides childcare for low income families. they're always looking for donations of mittens, hats, anything for school age children. i don't know if there's anything we can do about it, but if anyone has any idead please let me know. thanks :hug:

gmmarton
05-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks, and welcome to the Northeast Regional Knitting Groups. We are quite an active group of knitters. Our worsted weight baby blankets have been going to Bridgeport Hospital's Pediatrics Center and our preemie baby blankets have been going to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). I coordinate the worsted weight blankets and Spikey coordinates the preemies.

We will be knitting throughout the summer months, so if you want to participate, let us know.

Vertigo1414
05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
just let me know when the next one is starting and what the guildlines are. :muah:

Spikey
05-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Check out the instructions/FAQs stickies at the top of the Charity Knitting page, that will explain all.

Then look at our blogs (links in my sig) to see where knitters are needed and let us know where you'd like to fit in.

There are circulating blankets that have openings, and new ones starting pretty regularly, just depends on what colors and weights of yarn that you have (or would like to buy).

Shandeh
05-13-2009, 01:59 PM
just let me know when the next one is starting and what the guildlines are. :muah:
Here's the sticky I made a long time ago about knitting an Oddball Baby Blanket. :)
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79558