PDA

View Full Version : Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

blkirback
12-15-2008, 02:05 PM
I truly am sorry for taking so long with the Crayola blanket. I didn't realize I had so much holiday knitting to do! I'm going to finish it today so I need the address of the next knitter so I can hopefully get it in the mail tomorrow.

kellybigeyes
12-15-2008, 04:02 PM
I have completed the first section of Winter Wonderland. I still need to make the card... but as soon as I can get to that, it will be ready to mail. Let me know if the next knitter is ready. I think it is Sandy.

Thanks.

blkirback
12-15-2008, 05:28 PM
I noticed that we didn't have any pictures of Crayola on the blog so I thought I would take a couple to add.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/3111654638_983ffcaf3a.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3017/3111655246_b463c74661.jpg

It's ready to get mailed as soon as I get the next knitters address.

kellybigeyes
12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
It looks wonderful!!

MrsP
12-15-2008, 07:31 PM
That is so cute!!! Great job!!! Thanks for posting pics!!

kellybigeyes
12-15-2008, 10:39 PM
I have a suggestion...

Once we finish our section of a blanket, can we please weave in our own ends... I spent about 15 minutes weaving in ends today before I started working on a blanket. I noticed in the picture of the Crayon blanket that blkirback posted, there are yarn ends everywhere. In my opinion, if everyone leaves a tail hanging...they get in the way while knitting. And it would really make it a lot easier for the last knitter or the person that adds a border if we would weave in our own ends. I think the only end that should be hanging when we get a blanket, is the end that we should be adding too. I am not trying to offend anyone... I just think it would make things goes alot smoother... and that way one person is not weaving in the ends for everyone.

Thanks

misha rf
12-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Crayola looks great! And I get it next! :woohoo:

kellybigeyes
12-16-2008, 04:51 PM
I finished the card for Winter Wonderland last night. So it's all ready to mail out. Is the next knitter ready?

MAmaDawn
12-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I finished the card for Winter Wonderland last night. So it's all ready to mail out. Is the next knitter ready?

Sorry we are in the middle of moving and I was packing most of the day yesterday and loading up today... just now seeing your posts. I'll check with the next knitter now.

I have a suggestion...

Once we finish our section of a blanket, can we please weave in our own ends... I spent about 15 minutes weaving in ends today before I started working on a blanket. I noticed in the picture of the Crayon blanket that blkirback posted, there are yarn ends everywhere. In my opinion, if everyone leaves a tail hanging...they get in the way while knitting. And it would really make it a lot easier for the last knitter or the person that adds a border if we would weave in our own ends. I think the only end that should be hanging when we get a blanket, is the end that we should be adding too. I am not trying to offend anyone... I just think it would make things goes alot smoother... and that way one person is not weaving in the ends for everyone.

Thanks

I think we can all try to do that, but it's easy to forget, just like taking a picture of it is easy to forget. And I usually leave a long tail after weaving in the ends so that with all the movement and going in and out the the bag and being mailed several times that it does start to pop through. I've had that happen to my own things and it's a bear to work with then.

MrsP
12-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Don't worry, MAmaDawn!! We understand how crazy moving is!! Especially this close to Christmas!!!

I am so excited about all the progress being made on the blankets! That means it will be my turn soon!!!! Woo Hoo!!

Good idea, Kelly, about weaving in the ends! I just learned that lesson with my mini stockings!! It was a BAD idea to wait and do them at the end of the project!!! :-)

nephthys8
12-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm on board with the whole weaving-in-of-ends deal. It took me a while to get them all in on Summer Olympics and it was a nice break from actual knitting, but it would have been faster to just do my own.

On a side note, Summer Olympics is doing fine. The blanket itself is finished all up, but some crazy stuff has been going on at home for me, so I'm not quite done with the crochet border yet. Tonight is my first night with "free time" in about 5 days, so the plan is to sit down and finish it tonight because I know we need to stick to the time frame as best as possible.

MAmaDawn
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm on board with the whole weaving-in-of-ends deal. It took me a while to get them all in on Summer Olympics and it was a nice break from actual knitting, but it would have been faster to just do my own.

On a side note, Summer Olympics is doing fine. The blanket itself is finished all up, but some crazy stuff has been going on at home for me, so I'm not quite done with the crochet border yet. Tonight is my first night with "free time" in about 5 days, so the plan is to sit down and finish it tonight because I know we need to stick to the time frame as best as possible.

You actually have longer than 2 weeks when you are doing the border and a knit section. Really it's 2 weeks for each. And I understand being busy... TRUST ME do I understand! :wink:

HollyP
12-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone!:hug: I hope you all are doing well! I have been trying to keep this Christmas stress free but everything has been crazy( not as crazy as Dawn's moving but still nutty) so my new goal is stress light. Here's hoping!

For those that want to weave in the ends on their section I found this method a while ago and love it! It is a way to weave the ends in while knitting. I can't remember if I have shared it here or not so if this is a repeat, sorry. Here is the tutorial. (http://sockpr0n.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-weave-in-ends-while-knitting.html)

LBECK
12-17-2008, 06:18 PM
HERE IS A PIC OF CAMO. IN A HURRY SO WILL POST LATER.

nephthys8
12-18-2008, 10:16 AM
You actually have longer than 2 weeks when you are doing the border and a knit section. Really it's 2 weeks for each. And I understand being busy... TRUST ME do I understand! :wink:

Fantastic! I wondered if extra time might be the case. I felt sick to my stomach last night (not really sure why) so I went home and crawled into bed at 8 pm (super early for me). I feel fine today. :cheering: I have one of my knit nights tonight (skipped the one last night for the same reason as above), so I think I will take Summer Olympics with me and work on it there.

I'd also like to say that it A) feels strange to hold a crochet hook again and B) my crochet--or what little I can do, anyway--has improved a bit, I think! Not sure why, but I think knitting has helped my crochet be better.

Who would I be sending the blanket to when it is finished? Is it different from who I should return the needles to?
:grphug:

HollyP
12-18-2008, 03:07 PM
When the blanket is finished it comes to me. I'll pm you my address. I'm not rushing you I just don't want to forget to do it!

Shandeh
12-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Just checking in to say "Hi!" before I head out for choir rehearsal. Our big musical is this weekend, so we're working extra hard to get it all together. I'll be on piano, and one of my students will be playing keyboard. We'll also have another keyboard doing strings, and a guest organist for that instrument. We've also hired a brass ensemble.

Our adult choir will be joined by the children's choir, youth choir and a group of soloists. We'll also have drama performed in front of the musicians. I'd say that it will be a busy day! :shock:

Our big rehearsal is this Saturday morning, so I'm hoping it goes well.

In addition to that, I'm still teaching piano lessons, and playing some gigs as well. I played my keyboard in one of the big skyscraper buildings in uptown Charlotte yesterday for a couple hours. And I'm playing it at Chick-Fil-A tomorrow for lunch. (my hubby's restaurant). They want me to play at Chick-Fil-A again on Saturday, but it all depends on how long rehearsal goes at church. (My student is using my keyboard for that performance.)

As soon as all the Christmas stuff is over, I'll be back full force. The Autumn blanket is sitting in a basket by my knitting chair, so that will be first priority.
Thank you all for your patience with me! :muah:

MrsP
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow, Sandy! You are jam packed busy!! I bet your concert sounds great after all this rehearsing!! I wish I could be there! I just love a good Christmas Concert!

My DH is finally done with his teaching/work for the sememster (he's a college prof) so we are in the final stages of getting everything ready to go to my Mom's house for Christmas. Can you believe it is only a week away??? I started the Lattice Scarf from knitzophrenic and I really like the pattern, but I am not happy with my yarn. It splits really easily and I have to concentrate on every stitch so as to no increase by accident!! Plus, the yarn is small and the needles are kinda small so it is slow going. I really like fast and easy projects!!

Anyway, my dd just woke up from her nap and I have to go get her!

nephthys8
12-19-2008, 10:42 AM
When the blanket is finished it comes to me. I'll pm you my address. I'm not rushing you I just don't want to forget to do it!

Thank you, Holly! Not feeling rushed here... I'm not even done with my Christmas knitting, lol! :) I did get a sizeable chunk of the border done last night, though, so maybe I'll get to finish it up tonight.

On a side note, today is my birthday. I am 24 and I'm happy that it still feels like fun. :)

blkirback
12-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Nephthys8 Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!:woot:

kellybigeyes
12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Hello again everyone. I have been out of the loop since Tuesday night. I was "hit" with a bad virus early Wednesday morning. By Wed evening I was in the hospital. I was very dehidrated. They checked for food poisioning and lots of other things. It turns out it was just viral. I also had the beginnings of a UTI. I was given 3 bags of fluids and a bag of antibiotics. I only had to stay Wednesday night. I got to come home last night (Thurs) at about 8 pm. I feel better, but I am still very weak. I have to be on a very strict bland diet for 4-5 days and do nothing but rest. We were supposed to be going out of town Saturday for a couple days to celebrate my husbands grandparents 50th anniversary and Christmas. So unfortunatley... we will have to miss that. I'm so sorry about not responding to the PMs I have. I just had no idea which way was up for the last few days. Hopefully, I will be back to normal soon.

MrsP... I will PM you now about the blanket.

I would appreciate everyones prayers for me to get back to normal quickly. I have a 19 month old that is ready to have lots of mommy lovin'.

Thanks so much.

kellybigeyes
12-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Happy Birthday Erica!!:balloons:

blkirback
12-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Crayola or Crayons whatever you want to call it is going in the mail today. The delivery confirmation number is 0103 8555 7495 4124 6605. I would have had it in the mail sooner but the PO down here are always crazy and this time of year is even worse. So I printed the label ahead of time and just have to drop it off now. I'm really sorry about all of this.

HollyP
12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Happy Birthday Erica!!!:present: Hope you have a great day!

Kelly hope you are feeling better soon!!

:hug:s for everyone else!! Please don't worry or stress about the blankets right now we can get back into full swing after the holidays.

nephthys8
12-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Hello again everyone. I have been out of the loop since Tuesday night. I was "hit" with a bad virus early Wednesday morning. By Wed evening I was in the hospital. I was very dehidrated. They checked for food poisioning and lots of other things. It turns out it was just viral. I also had the beginnings of a UTI. I was given 3 bags of fluids and a bag of antibiotics. I only had to stay Wednesday night. I got to come home last night (Thurs) at about 8 pm. I feel better, but I am still very weak. I have to be on a very strict bland diet for 4-5 days and do nothing but rest. We were supposed to be going out of town Saturday for a couple days to celebrate my husbands grandparents 50th anniversary and Christmas. So unfortunatley... we will have to miss that. I'm so sorry about not responding to the PMs I have. I just had no idea which way was up for the last few days. Hopefully, I will be back to normal soon.

Please feel better, Kelly! I am sorry that you all have to miss out on a planned trip like that.

MAmaDawn
12-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Holly great site... I've always knitted it in like Amy shows with both strands but that doesn't work when you have 2 different colors... and I agree don't stress about the blankets everyone, we will get them done honestly I think everyone has done an amazing job with them! And I think it's awesome that so much time if being devoted when everyone is so busy....

Camo looks cute Lisa...

Erica, glad you are not feeling sick still and it's almost over, but hapy birthday! Hope you had a great one....

And thank you both Erica and Holly for keeping it moving... Erica you can hold on to the needles if you want to start a new blanket sometime, it doesn't have to be anytime soon, in fact please don't make it anytime soon ( :teehee:)....

Wow Sandy you have been busy! Wish I could see it, it sounds like it will be great! Oh and we LOVE Chick-Fil-A.... You know the Chick-Fil-A Sauce, that's somewhat new... then guy that owns the restaurants where I grew up came up with it...

Amanda, I don't like splitty yarn at all! I won't use Microspun anymore cuz it's just too splitty for me.... I heard on here once (I think it was RedHeadedRacheal) that finer yarn is great cuz you get more time to knit it, so it last longer and makes it cheaper for you... I hadn't thought about it like that before she said it and just thought about that when I read your post.

Kelly so sorry you are so sick, that's really hard with a little one! Get lots of rest. I'm praying... And I'm glad that you are feeling a little better.

I understand about the PO blkirback... I try my best NOT to go there... I use the automated one or online as much as I can.... PO with 3 young kids... I think they prefer me not to go there too! :teehee:

We are getting moved in.... it's slow going, bet we are getting there.

misha rf
12-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Happy Birthday, Erica!!

Kelly, that sucks. I really hope you feel better soon!!

I have to go to the post office tomorrow morning. I am hoping that it won't be too scary. It's a small PO in a small town...maybe it won't be toooo bad. Maybe. I'm certainly not going to attempt the one downtown--that's a nightmare on a good day!

Sandy, I hope it slows down soon!!!

MrsP
12-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi Everyone!!

Kelly, I am so sorry that you are feeling bad!! I hope you feel better soon!! I know it is so hard to be that sick when you have a little one at home!!

Dawn, you are right - the yarn does make it so that I get to enjoy it that much longer, which would be great if it wasn't a Christmas present!! :-) My mom has a friend who is a big knitter and she told her that alot of knitters are doing lace projects since they are more complicated and last longer!

I have been avoiding the post office like the plague! I am really hoping I can spend the rest of the holiday season without having to go there! I don't envy anyone a trip there!

Oh, I almost forgot! I hope you had a great Birthday, Erica!!

I am leaving for my Mom's house tomorrow. But, I will still have internet access, so no worries!! :-)

nephthys8
12-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I avoid several things during this time of the year and the PO is one of them! I am actually waiting for a package right now of Malabrigo Silky Merino. I bought some additional skeins to match some that I got in a swap, but I have no idea when I will get them because of the holidays and the mail being backed up. :wall:

Thanks again to all of you who wished me happy birthday. :)

kellybigeyes
12-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Amanda... My hubby mailed Winter Wonderland on Saturday. Here is the confirmation # 0308 0070 0002 1951 9100

You should get it by tomorrow.

Let me know that it arrives safely.

nephthys8
12-23-2008, 11:25 AM
First, the proof is in the picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/nephthys8/Craft%20Projects/IMG_0188.jpg

If I have time, I will take another picture that shows a close-up of the border. It is an extremely simple crochet shell pattern (since crochet is not really my forte), but I think it looks nice. As it is now Dec. 23rd, I won't be getting it in the mail until after the Christmas holiday, but I just wanted everyone to know that it is done and ready to be sent to the final destination.

kellybigeyes
12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
It looks great!!!

MrsP
12-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Erica Summer Olympics looks GREAT!! It is so fun to see the finished product!!

We arrived safely at my Mom's house in Missouri and are now freezing our tushies off! It certainly feels like Christmas now!!

Kelly- Winter Wonderland arrived yesterday and it is Gorgeous!! I haven't had a chance to get yarn yet, but we are going to my mom's LYS tomorrow. I can't wait to get started! I don't know what pattern I am going to use yet to go with your checkerboard, I will have to look at the ones in the info link for ideas! :-)

Thank you so much for the bookmark and the stitch markers!! They are absolutely GORGEOUS!! I LOVE them!!

Merry Christmas, everyone, in case I don't get online again for a few days!! :-)

kellybigeyes
12-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Amanda... you are very welcome. Let me know if you have any questions. Remember to do 3 knit stitches at the beginning and at the end of each row... no matter what pattern you choose. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Shandeh
12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, etc.
:heart: :muah: :heart:
Wow, Sandy! You are jam packed busy!! I bet your concert sounds great after all this rehearsing!! I wish I could be there! I just love a good Christmas Concert!
Thanks! :)
The concert went very well. I'm SO glad it's over now.

Hello again everyone. I have been out of the loop since Tuesday night. I was "hit" with a bad virus early Wednesday morning. By Wed evening I was in the hospital.
Poor Kelly! :pout:

Wow Sandy you have been busy! Wish I could see it, it sounds like it will be great! Oh and we LOVE Chick-Fil-A.... You know the Chick-Fil-A Sauce, that's somewhat new... then guy that owns the restaurants where I grew up came up with it...
:hug:

Sandy, I hope it slows down soon!!!
It's slowing down already.....love it! cloud9

Thanks again to all of you who wished me happy birthday. :)
I hope it was a good one! :cheering:

Howdovely
12-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Summer Olympics looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yay!! Great job everyone!

MAmaDawn
12-25-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm up and it's now Christmas, so I wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone!

misha rf
12-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Summer Olympics looks fab!

And Merry Christmas, y'all!!

HollyP
12-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you all have a great Christmas!!
We just got home from Midnight Mass and I still have to bind off on one of my gifts and wrap about 4 . Somehow I really got behind this year. Next year I am starting my Christmas knitting in May!
:hug: Big hugs my friends!

blkirback
12-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy what Christmas is really about.:muah: :hug: :grphug:

MAmaDawn
12-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas!

I wanted to let you all know that Sat we are leaving to go to Florida until about the 5th or 6th, I'm bringing my computer with me so I'll be able to check in here some days but it may not be everyday.

I forgot to say that Summer Olympics looks GREAT!

Shandeh
12-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Christmas was nice, and now it's nice to have it over. :teehee:
My hubby and I have been relaxing all day. What a treat.
cloud9

LBECK
12-27-2008, 03:57 PM
I hope everyone had wonderful Christmas Holiday!! My christmas was a good one. I have been knitting like a mad woman. I gave one hat and a pair of wrist warmers for gifts, but I made like 5 hats for my DGS, DH, Mom, Nephew, and FIL. And, I started about 6 other projects. I am a glutton for punishment. No, rest for the wicked and all that. :mrgreen:

I have been out of the office for all of Last week and my pc at home is ssslllllloooooowwwwww dial up. So, I don't use it. I am in my DH's office today for a bit.

Kelly, I hope you are feeling better.

Erica I hope you had a wonderful b'day.

Dawn and HollyP, I have a set of needles left over from a blanket that I finished if you want me to start another after the holidays and everything settles just let me know.

Summer Olympics looks great. I haven't seen pics of any others on here in a while. Did I miss something?

I will be back in my office on Monday so I will get to keep up a little better then.

Happy New Year to everyone. :muah:

Shandeh
12-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I think our region has done a wonderful job this year! :)

And a special thank you to MamaDawn for handling the Southeast Region. You go girl! :hug:

:heart: :heart: :muah: :heart: :heart:

kellybigeyes
12-29-2008, 12:24 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Jelly Bellies is finished. I just wanted to see who is next (the blog says Erica [nephthys8]) and get an address. Just let me know.

Thanks

misha rf
12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Crayolas arrived today!! Brandi, thank you so much for the yarn! I loves me some Peaches & Creme! :muah:

I'm finishing up another blanket for a different project (I am going to finish it today or tomorrow if it hurts), and will start it right after that.

HollyP
12-30-2008, 09:19 AM
I think our region has done a wonderful job this year! :)

And a special thank you to MamaDawn for handling the Southeast Region. You go girl! :hug:

:heart: :heart: :muah: :heart: :heart:

I agree 2000% !!!! :hug:

I got back home yesterday. I hadn't planned on not checking in but we were having so much fun and kept so busy I didn't sit down to the computer. My brother and sil hosted Christmas this year at their house in Alexandria. She made a Turducken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken)for our Christmas dinner. I'm normally in charge of the cooking so it was a nice change to be able to stay on the side lines and peel potatoes. I kept teasing her that it wasn't fair she got to try new recipes since it was her first year hosting.

blkirback
12-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Crayolas arrived today!! Brandi, thank you so much for the yarn! I loves me some Peaches & Creme! :muah:

I'm finishing up another blanket for a different project (I am going to finish it today or tomorrow if it hurts), and will start it right after that.

Good, I'm glad that it got there safe and that you like the yarn. I wasn't sure because I checked the blog but there wasn't a questionnaire from you so I just took a wild guess and grabbed some. I hope it comes in handy.:woohoo:

MrsP
12-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Ladies!!!

I hope everyone has had a good Christmas!! I have been really busy with family stuff, and it isn't over just yet. I think maybe after this weekend it will slow down. So, I haven't had much chance to work on Winter Wonderland yet. I started it and I have picked a pattern. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but it is a fairly simple pattern. It is one that has 4 rows that you keep repeating, and I have only done it one time. I got so mad at myself because row 2 I was supposed to purl and I was almost done with the row before I remembered that I hadn't k3 at the end!!! I had to unpurl it (do you say lrup like you would say tink?) I was NOT happy!! But, I should be able to get my 4 inches done this week!

Shandeh
12-30-2008, 05:53 PM
I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! :cheering:

LBECK
12-31-2008, 10:56 AM
I haven't heard from Knitgirl2007 on Camo. I am just wondering if it got to her safely.
Dawn if you could pm her and find out if she got it I would be greatful.

MAmaDawn
12-31-2008, 11:39 AM
You all are not going to believe this.... The day we were leaving Tori got sick... she was fine later that day and we were able to leave but the kinda threw everything into craziness and we forgot the power cable for my computer and the battery on it is not working right so I can't get on it to access the spread sheet I have set up with all the infomation.... I'm sorry but I can't do anything with the blankets until we get back... I'm really sorry about this...

Right now I'm using my MIL's computer and I need to give it to her before her battery runs low.... I don't think I'll be back on until the 5th or the 6th... but I will get them all going again then

I'm really sorry about this guys.

Howdovely
12-31-2008, 11:06 PM
I had to unpurl it (do you say lrup like you would say tink?)

O.....M.....G...... I just now realized why people say 'tink'.

Wow, do I feel diputs.

LOL

misha rf
12-31-2008, 11:09 PM
Don't feel bad. It took me quite a while to figure that one out, too.

Happy New Year, y'all!! :clink:

MrsP
12-31-2008, 11:25 PM
You guys crack me up!!

HollyP
01-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Happy New Year!!!!!

tink took me a long time to figure out too. Now I am wondering how one would say lrup. :teehee: I tend to do quite a bit of tinking and lruping!

LMAO at diputs!! Very clever or should I revelc

Shandeh
01-01-2009, 08:52 PM
You all are not going to believe this.... The day we were leaving Tori got sick...
No apology necessary. Just take care of you and your family.

O.....M.....G...... I just now realized why people say 'tink'.
Wow, do I feel diputs.
LOL
:roflhard:
:thumbsup:

blkirback
01-02-2009, 01:18 PM
You guys are hilarious. :roflhard: :chair: I think I only knew what tink was because I read it somewhere.... I don't remember where...Wait yes I do it was on here. In general knitting they have a list of abbreviations used on the web site and it was on there. Otherwise I would have never know.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful New Year (so far), mine has been okay. We bought a Wii on New Year's Eve and played it until just before the ball dropped then I made the BF turn it off so I could watch the ball dropping.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

blkirback
01-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting school, again...:?? I'm still not quite sure why in the world I thought I need to go back right now but I did and now I'm stressing. :zombie: So if I'm not on here as often it's because my nose is in a book and I am stuck on another web site. I'll try to keep up on here but I don't know how much time is going to be consumed with writing papers and discussion questions and studying. And hopefully I won't get be too stressed once I get back into the flow of things. But currently this is me...:hair: :gah: :nails: :wall: :waah: Crossed Fingers :thud:

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Congratulations on going back to school! :cheering:

I need to go finish my music degree....maybe one day. :think:

My hubby has been talking about finishing his degree also. Must be something in the air right now. :wink:

Believe it or not, I'm almost finished with the "Autumn" blanket. I'll be binding off the stitches tonight, weaving in the ends, and doing a crochet border. Where does it need to go from here, MamaDawn?

HollyP
01-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Believe it or not, I'm almost finished with the "Autumn" blanket. I'll be binding off the stitches tonight, weaving in the ends, and doing a crochet border. Where does it need to go from here, MamaDawn?
Sandy, I'm not MamaDawn but I can answer your question.The finished blankets come to me.

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks so much! My brain is not wired yet for real life. All this holiday stuff erased it. :teehee:

HollyP
01-04-2009, 05:50 PM
No problem! I totally understand. :hug:

MrsP
01-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey Everyone!! I am glad that everyone seems to have survived the holidays with their sanity! :-) My sister and her family left today so it has been pretty quiet. My daughter and I are staying at my Mom's house in Missouri for a few more weeks though. My big sis is supposed to have her first baby any day now, and I couldn't go home before that happened!! My poor DH had to go home after Christmas alone!!

I finished my section of Winter Wonderland, and I am waiting to get the address from MAmaDawn for the next knitter. I will try to take a picture of it and post it tomorrow.

I haven't been knitting very much because of the family craziness, but we did try the kitchen scrubbies that were posted somewhere on here. They work great, but were kind of a bugger to make!!

I will be in touch!!

blkirback
01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Well, today is my first day back "in school". Boy oh boy. I'm going to be crazy by the time seven weeks is up. :???: I didn't think it would be too bad I've only taken 2 semesters off but I forgot what online classes are like. Hopefully I will survive!

As for knitting, I have finished some baby blankets that were requested. I have one more to finish and then I think I am going to make a few baby sweaters or something. I have a ton of baby yarn that was given to me and I don't know what to do with it! So, if anyone has a really good baby sweater pattern that they want to share I am open for suggestions.

MrsP
01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey! I totally sympathize with you, blkirback! I have been thinking about going back to school, but I just can't make that final step to make a decision!! We will be here when you need us!! :-)

I don't have a cute baby sweater pattern, but I found this baby hat pattern that I think is just adorable and thought I would share that instead!! here (http://users.netaccess.co.nz/major/freepatt/patt05a.htm)

I hope I did the link right!! :-)

blkirback
01-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Hey! I totally sympathize with you, blkirback! I have been thinking about going back to school, but I just can't make that final step to make a decision!! We will be here when you need us!! :-)

I don't have a cute baby sweater pattern, but I found this baby hat pattern that I think is just adorable and thought I would share that instead!! here (http://users.netaccess.co.nz/major/freepatt/patt05a.htm)

I hope I did the link right!! :-)

Thanks. That is an adorable hat. I may just have to attempt to try it! I'm still not great at knitting and I seem to a horrible time following a pattern....:shrug: I start out doing good and then some where along the line I go off on my own. You did the link wonderfully!

You might not want to offer up you services to help me out in school! The last person who did that said the next time I needed help to get a tutor! But I do appreciate it more than I can tell you. I think this semester will be okay but next semester I have Accounting 2 and I did horrible in the first one so I'm a little bit nervous about that. So if anyone is really good at accounting I may need you!:pout:

Shandeh
01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
My hubby wants to finish his degree, and he wants me to finish my music degree too. We'll see what happens! Crossed Fingers

He's interested in doing online classes. What are they like, blkirback?

blkirback
01-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I think that they are okay. Some classes are harder than others and some are pretty easy. It just depends on how well you are at dealing with teaching yourself. You have an instructor and they do help but sometimes I have to force myself to do work because I don't have someone to tell me in person what I need to do.

If you have the time available they can be very helpful. My classes online only last 7 weeks so I have to cram everything in, in a short time. I'm attending a college that is located in Michigan since that is where I started college and so it's the only way really for me to finish my degree. So I will have to make it work.

All in all, I think they are very helpful to people who have busy schedules. I hope that helps.

MrsP
01-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't think I would do well with onlines - I need someone standing over me or I get easily distracted!! And, I am pretty hopeless with accounting, but I can offer moral support!! :-)

I finally got to take pictures of Winter Wonderland. The pattern I chose was really easy and I think it is going to be really cute when it is all done!! :-) It is ready to mail whenever I get the address from Dawn. (No rush!! I know she is out of town!)

MrsP
01-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I had trouble with the picture so here is the 2nd attempt!!

HollyP
01-05-2009, 06:16 PM
That pattern is lovely! The blanket is looking so good already!

kellybigeyes
01-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah Amanda!!! :cheering: It looks great!!!

Shandeh
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
It definitely reminds me of winter. Good work! :thumbsup:

LBECK
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Winter Wonderland looks great so far.

MAmaDawn
01-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Well I'm back... it was a good vacation but it's good to be home too... missed you all...

Happy New Year!!!!!

tink took me a long time to figure out too. Now I am wondering how one would say lrup. :teehee: I tend to do quite a bit of tinking and lruping!

HA! I didn't get diputs until you said that.. ha ha ha! Guess I'm the diputs one now.... :roflhard:

I haven't heard from Knitgirl2007 on Camo. I am just wondering if it got to her safely.
Dawn if you could pm her and find out if she got it I would be greatful.

I'm going to check with her now....

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting school, again...:?? I'm still not quite sure why in the world I thought I need to go back right now but I did and now I'm stressing. :zombie: So if I'm not on here as often it's because my nose is in a book and I am stuck on another web site. I'll try to keep up on here but I don't know how much time is going to be consumed with writing papers and discussion questions and studying. And hopefully I won't get be too stressed once I get back into the flow of things. But currently this is me...:hair: :gah: :nails: :wall: :waah: Crossed Fingers :thud:

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I understand... I can't help with accounting either but I hope you can find someone to help... many colleges have tutors that you can use for free for up to so many hours... I know it's not a local college but maybe one would be willing to help over the phone or over I'm or something like that... you could scan the parts that you need help with and send them as a pdf so the tutor would see them...

Hey Everyone!! I am glad that everyone seems to have survived the holidays with their sanity! :-) My sister and her family left today so it has been pretty quiet. My daughter and I are staying at my Mom's house in Missouri for a few more weeks though. My big sis is supposed to have her first baby any day now, and I couldn't go home before that happened!! My poor DH had to go home after Christmas alone!!

I finished my section of Winter Wonderland, and I am waiting to get the address from MAmaDawn for the next knitter. I will try to take a picture of it and post it tomorrow.

I haven't been knitting very much because of the family craziness, but we did try the kitchen scrubbies that were posted somewhere on here. They work great, but were kind of a bugger to make!!

I will be in touch!!

That's exciting about your sister... has she had the baby yet? I'm checking with the next knitter now....

kellybigeyes
01-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Dawn... Welcome Back!! I know you have a lot a information to look through. I just wanted to remind you that I have Jelly Bellies ready to go. I just need to make sure of where to send it.

Thanks

HollyP
01-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi Dawn! Good to see you back!

MAmaDawn
01-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm checking with the next knitter now.

blkirback
01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome back:hug:

I thought about a tutor but the school really only offers English and regular math tutors. My mom has a lady that goes to her church who is a math instructor so I can contact her and she will help me. If nothing else I will do what I have done before and BS my way through the class!;)

Winter Wonderland looks wonderful! It makes me not miss living in Michigan!

LBECK
01-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Dawn, knitgirl2007 did get the camo blanket she had sent me a msg on Ravelry but I didn't get it until yesterday. Sorry for the confusion.

MAmaDawn
01-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks Lisa for letting me know.

Sorry that they don't have Accounting tutors too... that's too bad.

Shandeh
01-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Welcome back, Dawn! :muah:

HollyP
01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
:waving:Happy Birthday Sandy!!!:muah::present::woot::yay::happydance::woo hoo::cheering::blooby::clink::balloons:

MAmaDawn
01-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Happy Birthday, Sandy!:hug::muah:

LBECK
01-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Happy Birthday, Sandy!!! :present:

MrsP
01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey!!

We are still waiting on the baby - she was supposed to be induced tomorrow, but decided to put it off until next Friday - she is really hoping that the baby will come on its own before then, so we will see. It just means that much longer I will be away from my DH. :pout: But, I want what is best for my sis and her baby, so I am trying to be patient!! :-)

Dawn, I got your PM and I will send Winter Wonderland to Sandy tomorrow!! :woohoo:

I better run - I left my Mom giving my daughter her bath and she can be such a handful!!

Shandeh
01-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! :)
My birthday this year was wonderful. cloud9

I finished all the knitting on the Autumn blanket. Now, I'm working on the crochet border. Photos soon! :thumbsup:

HollyP
01-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Glad to hear you had a great b-day Sandy! I can't wait to see Autumn leaves!

Amanda hopes your sis has that baby soon! I know how hard it is being away from home for so long. I saw a show last week on Discovery health (about a midwife and her clinic )on all the things women do to induce labor naturally. I was amazed at all the different techniques.

blkirback- I've gotten through more than my fair share of classes using the old bs method! Good luck!

blkirback
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I have used the old bs to get through many classes! That's how I passes my first accounting class:???:. Maybe I should have paid more attention in it.

I can't wait to see Autumn leaves either. I love seeing them when they are all finished.

So has she has the baby yet? My boyfriend and I talked about kids the other night:?? but we've decided it would be something WAY in the future.

I did want to ask one question while I'm thinking about it. What happens if someone moves after they have already started in a region? Do they switch to a different one or can they stay with the one they already were with? My boyfriend and I are currently in the process of possibly moving, we just don't know where to yet. We're thinking Tenn., which is still in this region but we have to head MI for a little while. I just wanted to see how it would affect this whole thing.

Shandeh
01-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I can't wait to see Autumn leaves either. I love seeing them when they are all finished.
Here is Autumn Leaves!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/3190796706_c734caf155.jpg

Another photo, with flash:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3103/3189950649_ba2aa45c82.jpg

I did want to ask one question while I'm thinking about it. What happens if someone moves after they have already started in a region?
If you move, you'll change regions. One of the reasons we made regions is to save on shipping costs. :thumbsup:

blkirback
01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
It looks wonderful!

HollyP
01-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Beautiful!!:yay:

MrsP
01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Oh Autumn Leaves is Gorgeous!!! I just LOVE those fall colors!!!

I have to confess that I have not made it to the post office yet to post Winter Wonderland to Sandy! I am SO Sorry!!! It has been so hectic here trying to get ready for baby! I am actually on the laptop in the delivery room right now!! It is going very slowly, but we are hoping that things will pick up any time now!!

I'm so sorry!! :-( Please don't kick me out of the group!!

LBECK
01-12-2009, 08:05 PM
That is one beautiful blanket. I absolutely love the colors.

Shandeh
01-12-2009, 10:42 PM
I have to confess that I have not made it to the post office yet to post Winter Wonderland to Sandy!
No worries, my friend. I've been super busy, so it's fine to take your time. :hug:

MAmaDawn
01-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Autumn Leaves looks so pretty! I love it! :inlove:

And Amanda, we wouldn't kick you out! Silly lady! Praying for a safe delivery!

kellybigeyes
01-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Here is a picture of Jelly Bellies

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/3195065702_dda1d38e9e.jpg

Here is my portion of Winter Wonderland. I know Amanda has posted a picture with her section... but I wanted you to have this one for the blog if you needed it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3364/3195058396_48901d5f4b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3499/3195059320_fed0cb09ef.jpg

kellybigeyes
01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Here is a before picture of Jelly Bellies (for the blog)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3131/3195062882_0877405846.jpg

Shandeh
01-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Jelly Bellies look bright and colorful! :cheering:

And I love the pattern you chose for Winter Wonderland.

kellybigeyes
01-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks so much!! I improvised the pattern for WW myself. I was so excited when it turned out. :woohoo: Autumn Leaves looks great as well.

MrsP
01-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi Ladies!!!

We have a Baby!!! Nathanial Thomas was born this morning at 10:49 am and weighed 6 lbs 3.7 oz. He is absolutely gorgeous!!! (I'm not prejudiced or anything!! hee hee)

Gotta run!! I will write more later!

Shandeh
01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Yay!!! Congratulations! :woohoo:

LBECK
01-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Jelly Bellies is really georgous.

Congrats on the baby MrsP!

kellybigeyes
01-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Congrats Amanda!! :)

HollyP
01-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the pics Kelly! I love the yarn you chose for jelly bellies- what is it?
ETA: I really should read all the post I've missed before I hit submit! :teehee:
Congrats Aunt Amanda!! I love the name so classic! Give our best to the new Mommy and Daddy.

kellybigeyes
01-14-2009, 12:17 AM
It is Red Heart Kids... Sherbert Print. I'm glad you like it!!

Thanks for the pics Kelly! I love the yarn you chose for jelly bellies- what is it?
ETA: I really should read all the post I've missed before I hit submit! :teehee:
Congrats Aunt Amanda!! I love the name so classic! Give our best to the new Mommy and Daddy.

nephthys8
01-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi ladies... sorry I have been MIA!

Happy belated birthday to Sandy!

Congrats on the baby, Amanda!

I am a slacker and never dropped the finished Summer Olympics in the mail. It will be sent off after the Inaugeration next week. (I live in northern VA and work in Downtown DC... it is a crappy excuse, I know, but things are STILL crazy... I'm ready for the 20th to come and go so we can get back to normal!!)

HollyP
01-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I totally understand about the craziness of NoVA right now! My bro and sil are coming here on Sat morning to get away from it all.

MAmaDawn
01-16-2009, 09:18 AM
I live in northern VA and work in Downtown DC... it is a crappy excuse, I know, but things are STILL crazy... I'm ready for the 20th to come and go so we can get back to normal!!

I agree! They are actually shutting down parts or the INTERSTATE, it's not even IN DC, it's 495 that goes AROUND DC.... secret service says they are worried someone might attack the infrastructure... guess they won't attack the part that's open, they'll drive and see where they were going to attack is closed and decide to go home.... :???: (Sorry that's just been a bur in my butt...)

Congrats on the baby... It's awesome that you were able to be there. How's mom?

LBECK
01-18-2009, 07:39 PM
I received "Crayola" Saturday morning. Thank you Misha for the beautiful Yarn. I love it. It will be my first experience with Alpaca.
My stores near here don't sell the really good stuff. I only have Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart.

Here is a pic of the Crayola blanket before I get started. I will be adding green and will post pics when I get it done.

MAmaDawn
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
We have 6 blankets! :woot::yay: Way to go everyone!

We have 6 that we are working on, one is with that last knitter... and and 2 other are near the end...

So do you all want to start new ones?

We can start preemiee ones too... Knitgirl2007 (at Rav) would like to start one, so I think 2 or 3 others would be good. Who would like to start one (and what size do you want to make)? The preemie blankets are made with dk yarn.... We still have lots of themes left from our list...

Smurfy
Lucky Charms
Primary colors
diagonal rainbow
A neon one
spring in the garden
birds
fruit salad
Finding Nemo
Little Mermaid
Sunset
Tip-Toe in the Tulips
Blue Sky
Skittles
Banana Split
Splish Slash
Lemon Drops & Gum Drops
Little Boy Blue
Little Bo Peep
Cupcakes
Puddin’
Dinosaur
Diggers
Cinderella
Blue Ridge Mountains
Olivia - using chocolate - soft pink - and offwhite
Charles - using chocolate - baby blue- and offwhite
All that glitters
Ballband (Baby Brick or blocks)

Of course you don't have to pick one from here... it could be anything you would like to do....

blkirback
01-20-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm up for working on something. Which ever ones are picked I am available for working on any of them.

MrsP
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Ladies!! Thank you so much for all the congratulatory messages!! I have to tell you that I am so tired, I feel like I am the one who had a baby and not just the auntie!! :sleepy:

I have spent several nights helping her out (she is bf'ing, so you can only do so much, right??) And, I have my 2 year old to take care of during the day time, I am just exhausted!! But, Mommy and baby are doing GREAT! He is so adorable, I can't even tell you!! I just want to love him up!! I keep putting off the date of when I am supposed to go home! My poor DH probably thinks he has lost me forever!!!

On a different note, I FINALLY got Winter Wonderland in the mail to Sandy!!! :doh: I can't tell you how sorry I am that it has taken this long! I am so embarrassed!! :aww:

I did sneak out one day and go to a class with my mom at the LYS (before the baby came!) and we learned how to do Magic Loop and made a hat. It is the CUTEST hat ever and I am in the process of making another one for a good friend of mine!! It was really tricky for me at first since I hadn't knitted much in the round anyway, but I really liked it and I think I will like this method a lot more than using those tricky looking dpns!

Better run!!! Sandy, I have a tracking number for Winter Wonderland if it doesn't show up in a couple of days - I sent it priority!! :-)

JB4Knitting
01-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Hey there! I just bought a baby blanket book so I would love to work on something for the oddballs.:yay:

Let me know how and where I can help out, thanks!

misha rf
01-21-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm glad it got there & that you like the yarn! :happydance:

Amanda, congrats on the baby!! Will we get to see pics?? I love baby pics! :teehee:

The blankets all look fantastic!! :inlove:

MAmaDawn
01-21-2009, 12:15 PM
On a different note, I FINALLY got Winter Wonderland in the mail to Sandy!!! :doh: I can't tell you how sorry I am that it has taken this long! I am so embarrassed!! :aww:

I did sneak out one day and go to a class with my mom at the LYS (before the baby came!) and we learned how to do Magic Loop and made a hat. It is the CUTEST hat ever and I am in the process of making another one for a good friend of mine!! It was really tricky for me at first since I hadn't knitted much in the round anyway, but I really liked it and I think I will like this method a lot more than using those tricky looking dpns!

Don't worry about the blanket... it's really ok...

Glad you found you liked Magic Loop, I'd love to see that hat...

Hey there! I just bought a baby blanket book so I would love to work on something for the oddballs.:yay:

Let me know how and where I can help out, thanks!

Wonderful! Glad to have you join us... just send me a pm with you address... can you crochet a border? Here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79558)is what Sandy typed up a long time ago about the blankets.

ETA And here is our Blog (http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/)....

MrsP
01-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey Dawn!!

Thanks for making me feel better about not getting that in the mail faster!! :-)

Welcome to the group, JB4Knitting!! :-)

I really like the idea of doing preemie blankets, I don't really see why they wouldn't be the same size at the regular ones, but I have only worked on one so far and I was the 2nd section! What size do our blankets usually come out? I love the idea of the Olivia blanket!! I know I am about to get Jelly Bellies, so I am not sure if I am ready to start one of my own, but maybe after I get home and settled in.

Here is a picture of my nephew!!

Shandeh
01-21-2009, 11:10 PM
What a sweet baby! cloud9

And....please....no worries about the blanket being late. All of my stuff has been behind lately too. I just have too many projects going at the same time! :zombie:

HollyP
01-22-2009, 01:16 AM
My internet has been acting up lately and we just found out today it is due to the addition my neighbor is doing. Thankfully it should be fixed.
Autumn Leaves arrived here safe and sound yesterday! I really wish you all could see the blankets in real life they are so beautiful!!!!! The pile of finished blanket keeps getting bigger and bigger, I can't wait to deliver them.

:waving:Welcome JB! Glad you joined us. We love getting all the help we can!!

Amanda, the baby is sooo cute! You were not being biased at all when told us about him!

Dawn, I would love to start a blanket. I absolutely loved Red Roses that was done before we split into regions. I have 2 skeins of light blue simply soft that can be sent along so everyone can use the same yarn. I think it is called light country blue- so not quite smurfy or sky blue.

Also if anyone starting a new blanket needs needle I still have 3 available.

JB4Knitting
01-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Holly and Amanda! I'm Jeanine.:waving:

I sent a PM yesterday, so hopefully I'll get started here real soon.:blooby:

Lovely baby picture, he looks very peaceful.

MAmaDawn
01-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Do we want to call it Country Blue? I know not that creative, but I thought it was cute... I have a BUNCH of the yarn too, so if we need more (though I'm not sure we will...) we can use what I have.

The Preemie blankets are smaller... I'm not sure what size the blankets are across... but the length is about 24 inches, the preemie have been done with one less knitter (this is right isn't it Sandy?), each still doing 4 inches.

Does anyone else want to start one now? If it would be better for us to wait to start more than the 2 that's fine too.

I'm so impressed that you all have done so much!

kellybigeyes
01-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I would love to start a preemie blanket.... I'll check my stash to see what colors I have in DK yarn and get back to you.

LBECK
01-22-2009, 07:05 PM
The baby is beautiful!!!

I would love to start a blanket as soon as I get my part done on the CRAYOLA blanket.

MrsP
01-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks, ya'll!! I was worried that I was biased about how cute the baby is, so I am glad you think so too! :yay:

I learned another new thing this week! I learned how to knit a cable!! I thought it was going to be really hard, but it was super easy!! My mom has a good friend who knits alot, and she came over and shared a super easy pattern for cabled fingerless gloves. They are so easy and I have already finished my first pair!! I was just using some leftover yarn that my mom had from the scarf she made me for Christmas, so now I have a matching set! I just need to use my magic loop and make a hat to match them!! :rofl:

I think my dh is going to be glad for me to get home so I don't spend so much money on yarn!!

I better get my little one to bed! Can't wait to hear about the preemie blankets! I want to be on the list!!

misha rf
01-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Camo has arrived and it looks great! Knitgirl2007 sent me a nifty little slip row counter. :muah: I'll be getting some camo yarn this weekend. (I need some for another project, so I don't feel guilty about buying it at all. :teehee:)

Amanda, he is darling. Though it is OK to be biased!!

Shandeh
01-23-2009, 10:37 PM
The Preemie blankets are smaller... I'm not sure what size the blankets are across... but the length is about 24 inches, the preemie have been done with one less knitter (this is right isn't it Sandy?), each still doing 4 inches.
Sorry for the delay. I've been busy knitting lately. :)
GREAT excuse, ya think? :wink:

The Oddball Preemie Blankets usually measure about 20 inches across by 24 inches long.

I received the Winter Wonderland blanket! :thumbsup:

JB4Knitting
01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Is it possible to see a pic of the Winter Wonderland? It sounds great!

kellybigeyes
01-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Here is a picture of Winter Wonderland.

click HERE (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1191185&postcount=1071)

JB4Knitting
01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
That's very nice! So y'all just make up different patterns as you go along the way?

Sorry for all the questions; I'm just trying to get a good feel for how this works.

blkirback
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Each person gets to do whatever pattern they want to on their section, unless the blanket has a specific pattern to it.

You don't have to apologize for the questions, we've all asked at some point! I know I have!

Shandeh
01-26-2009, 04:00 PM
That's very nice! So y'all just make up different patterns as you go along the way?
Sorry for all the questions; I'm just trying to get a good feel for how this works.
You might want to read the post I made on how to work on an Oddball Baby Blanket. It probably answers all the questions you have. :)

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79558

MrsP
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey!! Sandy, I am so glad that Winter Wonderland arrived safely! Woo Hoo!!!

JB4Knitting- Don't worry about asking lots of questions!! I am the same way! :-) I got my stitch pattern from a perpetual calendar of stitches (every day was a different type of stitch). I can't remember the name of the stitch, but it was super easy!! I think I need to get a stitch dictionary for myself, that one was my mom's! :)

JB4Knitting
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey!! Sandy, I am so glad that Winter Wonderland arrived safely! Woo Hoo!!!

JB4Knitting- Don't worry about asking lots of questions!! I am the same way! :-) I got my stitch pattern from a perpetual calendar of stitches (every day was a different type of stitch). I can't remember the name of the stitch, but it was super easy!! I think I need to get a stitch dictionary for myself, that one was my mom's! :)

Thanks! Yes, a dictionary would actually be a great idea!

MAmaDawn
01-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Sandy made a list a while ago... it's with the link I posted before and here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106247&postcount=5)....

There are some here (http://www.knittingfool.com/)too

HollyP
01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Anyone looking for a stitchionary should check out their local library! I can't decide on which one I want to buy and have been trying different books from the library. I've found ones I really like and ones I don't but it didn't cost me a cent( except for the 50 cent late fee on the one I really liked:teehee:) I received one of the perpetual 365 stitch a day calendars a couple of years ago and really like it. Between that, the library books and of course the internet I am never at a loss for pattern. Most of the time I can't decide due to too many choices.

Shandeh
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
When I can't get to my knitting books, and a computer is nearby, I use this website for Knitting Stitch Designs:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

All of the "Reversible Stitch Patterns" on that page work well for our blankets.

:)

LBECK
01-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey Guys,

Just a quick note to say that: We in Northeastern AR are in pretty bad shape. Most of the areas do not have power. I do not have electricity and it is difficult to get anywhere from where I live as I live in a rural area and many electrical poles and trees are down around us. I will be late sending Crayola blanket out because of getting it to the PO. I will not be on the site until I can get back to work because we only have a lap top with a few hrs on it right now. We do have heat and water so we are doing okay. Food is running low and we have to drive at least 25 to 50 miles to the nearest open store but at least there are some open in driving distance. We will be going for food at some point today I think. Pray for us that we get back to normal soon.

MrsP
01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry to hear that you are trapped because of the ice storms!! I hope that everyone else in the group is safe too!! I glad that I came home to Atlanta when I did or I would be stuck for who only knows how long! Be careful when you drive out for groceries!

I have been working on a hat using magic loop and practicing knitting continental. I have trouble letting the yarn slide through my fingers while maintaining my tension, but I think it is getting easier. Of course, I haven't had to practice purling yet, and I think that might put me over the edge!!

My dd and I both have a nasty cold, so we have been taking it pretty easy. My prayers are with you!

HollyP
01-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Stay safe and warm Lisa!! You'll be in my prayers!

MAmaDawn
01-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Praying Lisa... stay safe and warm... and don't worry about the blanket. You will get it in the mail when you get it in the mail...

Amanda, praying that you and your dd feel better soon

kellybigeyes
01-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Lisa... I think I'm next on the Crayola blanket. No rush at all... you stay warm and stay safe. Sending prayers your way.

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 10:37 PM
:heart: :pray: Lisa and Family:pray: :heart:

MrsP
01-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Hey Everyone!!

I posted a pic of the hats I made after learning Magic Loop in Whatcha' Knitting if you want to pop over and have a looksee. I am pretty happy with how they came out! I really like doing magic loop! Which is good because I think those dpns are really scary!

Shandeh
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Cool Amanda! :)

This morning, I finished my part of the "Winter Wonderland" blanket. I didn't have a pretty blue, so I pulled out two ugly blues and did a "partridge eye" design with them. I also added a little section of seed stitch with a frosty blue & white yarn.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3259/3248400874_ca92fb8257.jpg

Here's the way I did it:

Knit 2 rows dark blue
then start design

Row 1: with light blue,
Knit 3, *Slip 1 purlwise, Knit 1*
Repeat between asterisks until you get to the last 3 stitches. Knit those 3 stitches.

Row 2: with light blue,
Knit 3, Purl until you have 3 stitches left, knit those 3 stitches.

Row 3: with dark blue,
Knit 3, *Knit 1, Slip 1 purlwise*
Repeat between asterisks until you get to the last 3 stitches. Knit those 3 stitches.

Row 4: with dark blue,
Knit 3, Purl until you have 3 stitches left, knit those 3 stitches.

Repeat rows 1 through 4 one more time, then repeat rows 1 and 2.
Knit two rows in dark blue.

Next, I did a seed stitch section in frosty white and blue.
Then, I repeated the partridge eye section in light and dark blue again.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3470/3247575269_e118c794db.jpg

blkirback
02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Sandy that looks so wonderful! It is absolutely gorgeous. I might have to try that patter on something just to see if I can do something like that!

Shandeh
02-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the compliment, blkirback! :hug:

It was actually a fun design to do. It goes VERY quickly, because of the slipped stitches. You just have to be careful to let the yarn flow and not be tight when you knit the next stitch. Just let the yarn hang across the back of the slipped stitch, so the blanket doesn't draw in too small.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

MrsP
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow!! That is Really cute!! It is pretty similar to the pattern that I did, except I think I did something like - slip 1, K1, YO, Pass slipped stitch over the k1 & YO. I really like the way yours looks with the two colors!! It is really cool how the stitches look framed in the darker color!! Way to go!!

Shandeh
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks Amanda! :)

Here's a photo of the back of my section, so you can see how the yarn is not tight on the back:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3325/3247672733_c1981a959f.jpg

misha rf
02-02-2009, 05:41 PM
That is really pretty, Sandy.

Lisa, I hope you're doing OK!!

My camo yarn arrived this afternoon. I couldn't find any at my usual spots (they're still looking threadbare from the holidays), so I ordered it from Joann.com. Hmm....maybe I'll use the partridge eye stitch...:teehee:

MAmaDawn
02-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Sandy that looks great! I'll check with the next knitter...

Shandeh
02-03-2009, 02:41 AM
The whole time I was working on "Winter Wonderland", I kept singing, "Gone away is the bluebird....here to stay is the new bird....He sings a love song, as we go along....Walkin in a Winter Wonderland."

I kept thinking about a blue bird, because I was doing the partridge eye design with blue yarn. :teehee:

HollyP
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Very cute Sandy! I am loving the textures and colors in this blanket!

LBECK
02-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I am hoping to get the blanket out by the end of this week. We got our electricity back last night so I am excited!!!:cheering:

We are all doing okay I think we are the first ones this way to get ours back many still do not have it.

Winter Wonderland looks Wonderful.

Shandeh
02-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you got your electricity back!
:woohoo:

HollyP
02-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah for getting your electricity back!:woot:

MAmaDawn
02-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Glad you are doing ok and yes Yay! for you getting electricity back!

misha rf
02-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Mrs. P, are you ready for Camo? I've got another inch to do, and will get it done tonight. I'm planning a post office run tomorrow.
Lisa, so glad you got your power back!!

MrsP
02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I am glad that your electricity is back too, lbeck!! I can't imagine being without it for so long!!

Yes, I am ready for Camo!

Thanks!
Amanda

MAmaDawn
02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't know if any of you have done a swap before but there's a spring swap (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1203563#post1203563) that about to close and just want to let you know about it. I just did my first swap and it was a lot of fun!

Shandeh
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone! :waving:

Just wanted to let you all know that I need to concentrate on finishing up our fullsize Oddball Blankets for a while. So, I won't be knitting on the baby blankets for a while.

I feel bad not getting those large blankets completed yet. The intended charities are going to think that I forgot about them!
:pout:

I'll stay tuned, reading your posts, and will be cheering you all on. I'll let you know when I'm ready to join in the knitting again.

MrsP
02-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey Sandy!!

I am glad that you going to be with us in spirit - even if you can't knit with us right now! :-) We will still be here when you get back to knitting with us!

HollyP
02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
:waving:Sandy. I think it is safe to say that we all understand how busy you are and how much you do! No worries at all!
Do what you have to do and we'll be waiting for your return. I skimmed the message really quickly and thought you were leaving us forever. I am soooo glad that is not the case!:hug:

LBECK
02-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Crayons is almost ready to go out in the mail. Kellybigeyes are you ready? If so you or Dawn please pm me your address. I thought that I had it but I guess I lost it. Sorry.

Will Post pics later.

kellybigeyes
02-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Lisa... I am ready!! Can't wait! I hope you are getting life back to normal... now that we are having some warmer weather :sun: . I'll Pm you my address now.

Thanks

LBECK
02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Kelly, just got your pm will let you know as soon as I get it out. Yes, thank you, we are getting some normalcy back. little by little.

MrsP
02-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Hey Ladies!!

I just wanted to let you know that I recieved Jelly Bellies AND Camo today!!

There was a mixup with Jelly Bellies since I left my mom's house early, and I was so afraid it was lost, but it has arrived!!! :-) I can't wait to get started!! :-) With Jelly Bellies do I need to do any particular color or just something fun and bright?

Thanks!!
Amanda

Oh and I LOVE the yarn!! Thank ya'll SO SO SO MUCH!!!!! I am actually acquiring a stash!!! I have almost busted out of my hidey hole!!:woot:

misha rf
02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Glad it got there, and that you like the yarn!! I like enabling. :rofl:

MAmaDawn
02-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Glad it got there, and that you like the yarn!! I like enabling. :rofl:

So do I, in fact I like buy yarn for all of you as much as I do knitting the blankets... :teehee:

Hey Ladies!!

I just wanted to let you know that I recieved Jelly Bellies AND Camo today!!

There was a mixup with Jelly Bellies since I left my mom's house early, and I was so afraid it was lost, but it has arrived!!! :-) I can't wait to get started!! :-) With Jelly Bellies do I need to do any particular color or just something fun and bright?

Thanks!!
Amanda

Oh and I LOVE the yarn!! Thank ya'll SO SO SO MUCH!!!!! I am actually acquiring a stash!!! I have almost busted out of my hidey hole!!:woot:

Glad it got there... and use whatever colors remind you of Jelly Bellies and inspires you.

MAmaDawn
02-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone! :waving:

Just wanted to let you all know that I need to concentrate on finishing up our fullsize Oddball Blankets for a while. So, I won't be knitting on the baby blankets for a while.

I feel bad not getting those large blankets completed yet. The intended charities are going to think that I forgot about them!
:pout:

I'll stay tuned, reading your posts, and will be cheering you all on. I'll let you know when I'm ready to join in the knitting again.

Thought I posted this... I totally understand... I don't know how you knit for so many! :thud:But love that you do. :heart:

Shandeh
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Thank you for the love! :hug:

MrsP
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey Ladies!

I am so irritated!! I got my yarn today so I could start on Jelly Bellies - I bought Caron Simply Soft in Limelight - so basically lime green. Totally cute with the other colors! And, I have done my first row and found a knot in the yarn! Like where they knotted it together to make a whole skein! I HATE it when that happens! So, now I don't know if I should cut it and start over or just leave it. I HATE knots!!

HollyP
02-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Amanda, I hate when that happens! It is so frustrating!! Do whatever is easiest for you. I think you chose the perfect color for the blanket!

LBECK
02-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey everyone,

Here is a pic of Crayola ready to move on to Kelly. Will try to get it in the mail today or tomorrow.

MrsP
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Crayola is so cute!! I just LOVE it!!

Thanks, Holly! I was really irritated about it! Especially that close to the beginning of the skein! I knit it to see where the knot would land and hated it so I had to tink back a few stitches. Then I just doubled over the yarn and started knitting further along in the strand - so it is like adding a new color. I will cut the knot out and weave in the ends when I am done.

I really like the lime green with the other colors! I think it was the perfect choice!!

HollyP
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey everyone! Crayons looks great!!!!
I was just updating our blog with the picture and noticed we had a comment. I'm happy to say we have gotten our first comment from someone outside of KH or Ravelry!! :woot: I love all the comments we get on the blog but it was very exciting to me that someone else was admiring our work. Yes I am a dork!

MAmaDawn
02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Hey everyone! Crayons looks great!!!!
I was just updating our blog with the picture and noticed we had a comment. I'm happy to say we have gotten our first comment from someone outside of KH or Ravelry!! :woot: I love all the comments we get on the blog but it was very exciting to me that someone else was admiring our work. Yes I am a dork!

:cheering: That's awesome!

MrsP
02-11-2009, 05:02 PM
You are so funny! I don't think you are a dork for liking comments!! :-)

LBECK
02-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Not a Dork!! I think it is awesome too. When I wasn't part of this community I looked at all of these things and thought to myself how awesome it was that people out there do these kind of things. I just never commented. I joined in. lol

MrsP
02-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi Everyone!!

I am finished with Jelly Bellies! :woot: It looks like Misha gets it next - is that right?

If so, I will need the address, and I will try to get it out in the mail! I realized as I was finished that I should have asked for the address yesterday - since I knew I was going to finish today! Oh well, I will try and remember that when I am close to finishing Camo!! :-)

Oh - and I just remembered - there wasn't an information sheet with Camo - does anyone remember how many stitches it has and if there is anything different I need to know?

Thanks!!

kellybigeyes
02-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Lisa... I just wanted to check and see if you have mailed the Crayons blanket yet? Just curious to know when to be expecting it.

Thanks

LBECK
02-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Everyone!!

Oh - and I just remembered - there wasn't an information sheet with Camo - does anyone remember how many stitches it has and if there is anything different I need to know?

Thanks!!

I started the Camo blanket and I really thought I put the info sheet in with it but it has been a long time since I sent that one out and it was very hectic around here at that time so I might not have. Sorry, if it was me. Anyway I am pretty sure it should have 100 stitches. and that is all you would need to know. If you have access to the MEMO could you put one with it and make sure it says that?

In other news... Kelly, I did get crayola sent out on Friday. The confirmation number is 03080660000168844480. I am sorry but just as I was trying to get it all together my grandbaby got sick. Then his Nana, that's me :teehee: and everyone who loves him got sick. Well, Nana and everyone else got better but poor little Kory got put into the hospital and he is still in there. He has a Roto Virus and has had the poops since Friday a week ago. He got dehydrated and had to be hospitalized. He is a lot better now but they will not let him out until he has less than 3 poopy diapers in one day. That hasn't happened yet. Pray for him please. He hates being in isolation. We cannot even take him out of the small, very small room that he is in.

blkirback
02-14-2009, 12:58 PM
In other news... Kelly, I did get crayola sent out on Friday. The confirmation number is 03080660000168844480. I am sorry but just as I was trying to get it all together my grandbaby got sick. Then his Nana, that's me :teehee: and everyone who loves him got sick. Well, Nana and everyone else got better but poor little Kory got put into the hospital and he is still in there. He has a Roto Virus and has had the poops since Friday a week ago. He got dehydrated and had to be hospitalized. He is a lot better now but they will not let him out until he has less than 3 poopy diapers in one day. That hasn't happened yet. Pray for him please. He hates being in isolation. We cannot even take him out of the small, very small room that he is in.

:hug: :hug: :hug: For him. I will keep him in my thoughts. I hope that he gets feeling better.

kellybigeyes
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Lisa... I'm so sorry about your grandson. I will keep him and your family in my prayers. I'll post when I get the blanket.

Thanks

HollyP
02-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Lisa sending lots of prayers for your grandson! Hope he is better soon!

MrsP
02-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey Lisa!!

:grphug: Here is a group hug for you and your family! I am so sorry that your grandson is sick!!

I am glad that there were 100 stitches on Camo - because that is what I counted! :rofl: I will print the memo sheet and send it when I am finished. I am doing a solid brown and I think it was called the Rice Stitch - Right side - K1P1 and wrong side- K It is super easy!

Misha, Jelly Bellies will go out in the mail on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday! :-) Thanks for sending me your addy!

MrsP
02-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey Sandy!!

I am planning on making the Knitty Fish Hat (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter08/PATTfishy.php) for my nephew and I was wondering if you would mind if I use your partridge eye pattern on it? He wants it blue and green stripes kind of like the one in the picture, but I was thinking that it would look really cool if I did some of the green stripes in the partridge eye with green and brown - I thought it might look like fish scales!

Would that be okay?

Thanks!!

cheerleader123
02-14-2009, 06:49 PM
ok do u need any help with stuff?

HollyP
02-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi Cheerleader123! We are always grateful for any help we can get! If you are interested in joining us send MAmaDawn a PM with your name and address.

blkirback
02-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey Sandy!!

I am planning on making the Knitty Fish Hat (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter08/PATTfishy.php) for my nephew and I was wondering if you would mind if I use your partridge eye pattern on it? He wants it blue and green stripes kind of like the one in the picture, but I was thinking that it would look really cool if I did some of the green stripes in the partridge eye with green and brown - I thought it might look like fish scales!

Would that be okay?

Thanks!!

That hat is so cool! I want to make one now!

So I hope everyone had a good valentines day. My boyfriend and I went down to the french quater with his boss and some other people to enjoy valentines and Mardi Gras. I had never been to anything like that before, boy oh boy was it crazy! Anyways, I had a blast catching beads, I think I got like close to 4 dozen in a half hour. :happydance: :woohoo: Well, I hope everyone had a great time.

Can't wait to start knitting on Camo!!!

MAmaDawn
02-15-2009, 10:28 AM

Praying for him and for your family, that you all will be able to find a way to make the time pass by faster for him. :hug:

Thanks! We would love to have you join us. Looking forward to knitting with you.

So I hope everyone had a good valentines day. My boyfriend and I went down to the french quater with his boss and some other people to enjoy valentines and Mardi Gras. I had never been to anything like that before, boy oh boy was it crazy! Anyways, I had a blast catching beads, I think I got like close to 4 dozen in a half hour. :happydance: :woohoo: Well, I hope everyone had a great time.

It has been a BUSY week and weekend. Friday dh took the day off and we had UPS come to deliver a package while a chimney sweep was here then a HVAC guy came out cuz our heat pump wasn't turning on and we had furniture delivered. And I organized most of my yarn, got pics of all the stash that I orginized and put it up on Rav. (There's pics of it in the stash busting KAL thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86233&page=6))

Then yesterday we had running around to do, I have ordered almost all the school stuff I need for next year for Tori and Belle. I only need to get history now.

Do you all want to start new blankets? Do you have too much going on right now and rather wait?

And thank you Amanda and Misha for keeping Jelly Bellies going. Misha Chocolate Mint should be on it's way to you this weekend or early next week, I got a message from the knitter before you.

LBECK
02-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Thank you everyone for all of the prayers. DGS got to come home from the hospital yesterday (Saturday evening). He is still sick but they changed their mind about the roto virus and now say they did not know what it was, maybe just a stomach flu. A bad one for him. He is still pooping but it seems to be getting better. We are giving him gatorade per the doctor and it seems to be helping him alot. He is at my feet right now playing so I am thinking that he is feeling better.

I will start another blanket when ever you guys are ready. Just let me know which one.

MrsP
02-15-2009, 04:18 PM

So I hope everyone had a good valentines day. My boyfriend and I went down to the french quater with his boss and some other people to enjoy valentines and Mardi Gras. I had never been to anything like that before, boy oh boy was it crazy! Anyways, I had a blast catching beads, I think I got like close to 4 dozen in a half hour. Well, I hope everyone had a great time.

Hey!! The Mardis Gras parade sounds awesome! I grew up in West Monroe, LA - and I always LOVED going to the Mardis Gras parade, but we never got to go down to the ones in New Orleans...Maybe some day!

I will keep you posted on how the fish hat comes out! :-) I think it is so cute!!

I am finished with Camo if you want to send me your address! I will get it in the mail on Tuesday! :-)

HollyP
02-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Dawn, I am all for starting some new blankets! I was thinking of calling the light blue blanket something like "baby blue" I was winding the hank into a center pull ball and my SIL said "oh what a pretty baby blue". I can cast on for it any time! I can also cast on for a couple more if you want since I do have needles.

I just realized I never posted a finished picture of cookies and cream. I have to get a new camera cord (my bro's puppy chewed through my old one) and as soon as I do I'll post it.

MrsP
02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Ladies! I tried to post pics of Camo and Jelly Bellies earlier, but I had issues, so I am going to try again now!! :-)

I have to say that I REALLY like Jelly Bellies!! I don't want to send it on - I want to keep it! I just LOVE the colors in it!! :happydance:

HollyP
02-16-2009, 09:21 PM
They look great!!:cheering:

LBECK
02-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Great job everyone! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

MAmaDawn
02-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Thank you everyone for all of the prayers. DGS got to come home from the hospital yesterday (Saturday evening). He is still sick but they changed their mind about the roto virus and now say they did not know what it was, maybe just a stomach flu. A bad one for him. He is still pooping but it seems to be getting better. We are giving him gatorade per the doctor and it seems to be helping him alot. He is at my feet right now playing so I am thinking that he is feeling better.

I will start another blanket when ever you guys are ready. Just let me know which one.

Glad he's feeling better! And that he got to come home.

Dawn, I am all for starting some new blankets! I was thinking of calling the light blue blanket something like "baby blue" I was winding the hank into a center pull ball and my SIL said "oh what a pretty baby blue". I can cast on for it any time! I can also cast on for a couple more if you want since I do have needles.

I just realized I never posted a finished picture of cookies and cream. I have to get a new camera cord (my bro's puppy chewed through my old one) and as soon as I do I'll post it.

You can start it whenever you are ready to. Looking forward to seeing cookies and cream...

Amanda those blankets look great!

I'm going to start "Spring in the Garden" (maybe that will help spring along ;)) it's going to be a preemie blanket.

And "Diggers" I'm starting off with a light brown color. I may change colors but I don't know.

MAmaDawn
02-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Forgot to say...

We have 3 blankets then...

Baby Blue
Spring in the Garden (preemie)
Diggers

Who would like to knit on these?

kellybigeyes
02-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Dawn... I would love to start a couple. However, someone would need to send me needles if there are any. If not I could get some myself. I was thinking about calling one Lemon Drops & Gum Drops (I have some yellow SS) and maybe one called either Little Mermaid or Splish Splash as I have some blue mint SS to use. I looked back at a past post to get the names of what we had dicussed in the past. Just let me know what you think. I can only start one if that what you want me to do.

I would also like to work on Spring in the Garden too. If thats ok.

misha rf
02-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Forgot to say...

Baby Blue
Diggers

You can put me wherever you need me. :muah:

HollyP
02-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Forgot to say...

Baby Blue
Diggers

:woot:
Just a reminder to everyone that for Baby Blue the yarn will be provided! All you will need to do is knit!!

Dawn you can put me on both other blankets at the end & border if you need me but I don't want to take spots from anyone.

blkirback
02-17-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm up for knitting on any of them that you need me to. Just let know when and which one or ones.:woohoo:

MrsP
02-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey Dawn! Can you put me on Spring in the Garden! I would love to work on a preemie blanket!! And, I would be more than happy to knit on the others - if there are spots open! :-)

Camo and Jelly Bellies are officially on their way! And, I got delivery confirmation numbers just in case!! :-)

kellybigeyes
02-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I can knit on Baby Blue also!!

kellybigeyes
02-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Lisa... the Crayola blanket arrived today. Such simple gater stitch but it is just stunning!! The pictures do it no justice at all. Thanks so much for the wonderful gifts. Just one question... there was no information sheet in with it... I'm assuming that there isn't one considering it is just simple gater stitch. I did count 100 sts. Is that correct?

Thanks

MrsP
02-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh Dang! Kelly's message reminded me that I forgot to put an info sheet in with Camo! I am pretty sure that it is supposed to be 100 stitches. Sorry!

Oh, Ladies! I am in BIG trouble over here! I went to my LYS today for the first time. I bought needles at Michaels to do this fish hat, but they were only like 29 inches long and I was really struggling to do Magic Loop on them and they were the longest I could find. So, I went to the LYS - I knew they would have my size and that they would cost more, but OMG! I bought the ADDI turbos which everyone on here seems to RAVE about and they were like $20!! (This is from the woman who can't buy the yarn unless there is a 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon!)

I LOVE them!!! How am I going to go back to the cheaper ones? Am I going to have to choose all my upcoming projects based on one set of size 7 40" circs??? :-)

kellybigeyes
02-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Amanda... if you like the ADDI turbos, you must check out these (http://www.knitpicks.com/Options+Interchangeable+Nickel+Plated+Circular+Kni tting+Needle+Set_ND90335.html) interchangables (by Knit Picks). My hubby bought them for me for Christmas. They are a little expensive, BUT 3 pair of ADDI's will get you these. They are very similar in feel to the ADDI needles. They are WELL worth the money. I can't imagine using anything different. And they have extra cords and tips so you can make what ever size you need. I started knitting on the Crayola blanket today while my DD was napping and I actually changed the blanket over to my Knit Picks and will then transfer the blanket back to the original needles before I mail it on to the next knitter. Let me know if you have any questions about them. I LOVE THEM!!!:happydance:

MrsP
02-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Wow - those look really nice!! I will have to put them on my birthday wish list!! Along with a ball winder!! :-)

kellybigeyes
02-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Wow - those look really nice!! I will have to put them on my birthday wish list!! Along with a ball winder!! :-)

I got one of those too!! I don't have a swift... but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ballwinder.

HollyP
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I cast on for Baby Blue last night during Lost. I should have known better, I messed up my pattern about 3 rows in and kept going. I used to think I could knit and watch that show but now I know better!:teehee: I got so wrapped up in what was going on I mixed up the rows. I will be frogging back tonight. From now on I will only knit garter stitch during Lost!

blkirback
02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Camo arrived today! I'm so excited to get to work on it. I picked up some yarn before but I don't know if I want to use it now that I have looked at it...:??

Thank you for the beautiful dragonfly pin. It's so neat! Well, time to get back to school work, I probably won't be able to actually start knitting until this weekend. It's my last week of classes till summer so I have to do a lot this week but Saturday I will be done!:woohoo:

MrsP
02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
I am glad that you like the pin - I'm sorry that I didn't have anything knitting related to give! I know what you mean about the yarn, I took my first color back too! But, after I finished my brown section, I looked at it again and I think the green I had would have been fine too. So, don't over think it too much! :-)

I am almost done with the fish hat and I am so in love with it! I am going to have a hard time sending it to my nephew!!

blkirback
02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I am glad that you like the pin - I'm sorry that I didn't have anything knitting related to give! I know what you mean about the yarn, I took my first color back too! But, after I finished my brown section, I looked at it again and I think the green I had would have been fine too. So, don't over think it too much! :-)

I am almost done with the fish hat and I am so in love with it! I am going to have a hard time sending it to my nephew!!

I love it anyways, I love odd little things, I'm weird like that. Don't worry about it not being knitting related, if I get too much more knitting stuff my boyfriend and I are going to need a bigger house! I take up almost the whole spare bedroom with just yarn and things (I hadn't realized that till now)!

Well, I bought some Bernat's Camouflage yarn in purple and I'm not sure the purple will really go now... I can try it and see where it leads or I can use it for something else and get to go to the yarn store :woot: ... I just know that it won't be till next week with the amount of work I have to do still for my classes :zombie:.

I can't wait to see pictures of the fishy!!! Maybe I'll have to try and make one, if I need to go to the yarn store anyways I might as well pick up some extra yarn...:yay:

LBECK
02-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Lisa... the Crayola blanket arrived today. Such simple gater stitch but it is just stunning!! The pictures do it no justice at all. Thanks so much for the wonderful gifts. Just one question... there was no information sheet in with it... I'm assuming that there isn't one considering it is just simple gater stitch. I did count 100 sts. Is that correct?

Thanks

Yes, Kelly it is 100 sts. It didn't have one when I received it either. I meant to put one in and forgot. Sorry.

I will work on all three blankets that are being started. I have a set of needles if you want me to start another. Please, let me know.

MAmaDawn
02-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I cast on for Baby Blue last night during Lost. I should have known better, I messed up my pattern about 3 rows in and kept going. I used to think I could knit and watch that show but now I know better!:teehee: I got so wrapped up in what was going on I mixed up the rows. I will be frogging back tonight. From now on I will only knit garter stitch during Lost!

I don't know how many times I have done that! I totally understand.

Camo arrived today! I'm so excited to get to work on it. I picked up some yarn before but I don't know if I want to use it now that I have looked at it...:??

Thank you for the beautiful dragonfly pin. It's so neat! Well, time to get back to school work, I probably won't be able to actually start knitting until this weekend. It's my last week of classes till summer so I have to do a lot this week but Saturday I will be done!:woohoo:

I love it anyways, I love odd little things, I'm weird like that. Don't worry about it not being knitting related, if I get too much more knitting stuff my boyfriend and I are going to need a bigger house! I take up almost the whole spare bedroom with just yarn and things (I hadn't realized that till now)!

Well, I bought some Bernat's Camouflage yarn in purple and I'm not sure the purple will really go now... I can try it and see where it leads or I can use it for something else and get to go to the yarn store :woot: ... I just know that it won't be till next week with the amount of work I have to do still for my classes :zombie:.

I can't wait to see pictures of the fishy!!! Maybe I'll have to try and make one, if I need to go to the yarn store anyways I might as well pick up some extra yarn...:yay:

I hope your classes end well, are you taking accounting now? or is that later? I have a lot of yarn and knitting stuff too.

Looking forward to see the hat

Yes, Kelly it is 100 sts. It didn't have one when I received it either. I meant to put one in and forgot. Sorry.

I will work on all three blankets that are being started. I have a set of needles if you want me to start another. Please, let me know.

I will add you and you can start a new one.... which ever one you want. Here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1197267&postcount=1112)'s a list of them.

kellybigeyes
02-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Dawn... Since you didn't say anything about this post... I'm guessing you did not see it. Let me know what you want me to do... i would like to work on baby blue also. Thanks

Dawn... I would love to start a couple. However, someone would need to send me needles if there are any. If not I could get some myself. I was thinking about calling one Lemon Drops & Gum Drops (I have some yellow SS) and maybe one called either Little Mermaid or Splish Splash as I have some blue mint SS to use. I looked back at a past post to get the names of what we had dicussed in the past. Just let me know what you think. I can only start one if that what you want me to do.

I would also like to work on Spring in the Garden too. If thats ok.

MAmaDawn
02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Having to change it... Sorry this is what happens when I try to do too many things at once....

You guys are awesome!

On the 3 blankets we only have 2 opening now!

Baby Blues
HollyP
Kellybigeyes
MrsP
Misha rf
LBECK
need a knitter
Border: MamaDawn

Diggers
MamaDawn
Oliver
Blkirback
LBECK
need a knitter
Misha rf
Border: HollyP

Spring in the Garden
MamaDawn
blkirback
Oliver
MrsP
Doodknitwit
Kellybigeyes

I'm leaving those open in case our Rav members send a message that they want to knit on one.

I know some of you are willing to work on more, but I wanted to leave some spaces open for others to join in that might not have seen this

MAmaDawn
02-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Dawn... Since you didn't say anything about this post... I'm guessing you did not see it. Let me know what you want me to do... i would like to work on baby blue also. Thanks

I saw it, I was getting the list ready. I replied to just Lisa so she had the list of blankets.

blkirback
02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
I hope your classes end well, are you taking accounting now? or is that later? I have a lot of yarn and knitting stuff too.

Accounting is in the summer and I am still dreading it. Right now I have English and Psychology, both are going well I think. I will find out tomorrow how I did, or at least I am suppose to be able to find out tomorrow, then I will have 7 weeks to do nothing but knit cloud9!

Diggers
MamaDawn
Oliver
Blkirback
LBECK
need a knitter
Misha rf

Spring in the Garden
MamaDawn
blkirback
Oliver
MrsP
Doodknitwit
LBECK

Are there any specific colors that we need to get for these blankets? I need to make a trip to the yarn store tomorrow so I can get some new yarn for Camo and thought I would pick up some for the others. And maybe some for myself...:wink:

MrsP
02-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Hey! I can't wait to work on the new blankets!! :woohoo:

I finished the fish hat, and I have to admit that I am totally in love with it!! I don't want to give it to my nephew!! :aww:

I posted it on the Whatcha' Knitting thread Here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1207984#post1207984).

I hope you like it!! I know it is crazy and weird, and I thought it was ridiculous, but after I got into it, I fell in love! But, that might just be because I love the colors together. And, I had a really good time making up the color pattern! :teehee:

HollyP
02-20-2009, 06:20 PM
blkirback there aren't any specific colors for either of those blankets. Just what ever you think will work. Spring in the garden is a preemie blanket so make sure the yarn is dk/sportweight. I meant to ask last night where did you find the purple camo yarn?

blkirback
02-20-2009, 08:01 PM
blkirback there aren't any specific colors for either of those blankets. Just what ever you think will work. Spring in the garden is a preemie blanket so make sure the yarn is dk/sportweight. I meant to ask last night where did you find the purple camo yarn?

Hobby Lobby is where I got it. I thought that it was neat so I picked it up and after looking at the blanket it really doesn't got with it so I will have to pick up something else tomorrow.

I will make sure that I get a dk or sportweight. I just wasn't sure if the spring one was going to be done in like greens or just springyish colors.

misha rf
02-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Jelly Bellies is here!! Amanda, thank you for the dragonfly pin! It's so cool! Did you make it??

I'm gonna have to figure out what color I want to use. I thought I had some really bright blue yarn (there's only a little blue in the blanket), so I figured I'd use that. But I don't have any more of it. Or, maybe I'll find something else that I like better. It's a good excuse to go yarn shopping!

And thanks for adding me to some of the other blankets, Dawn!

HollyP
02-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Any excuse to go yarn shopping is good for me! :teehee: I always justify it by saying but it's for charity( if something else jumps in my basket while I am shopping oopsie!)

:waving:Kelly- I should be able to send Baby Blue to you on Monday. I'm pretty close to being done and will definitely have time to knit on Sunday to finish my part. Are you ready for it?

kellybigeyes
02-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I am ready for Baby Blue whenever you get it done. Do you need me to PM you my address or do you still have it? Just let me know.

Thanks

LBECK
02-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Thank you Dawn for putting me on the other blankets and I think I will start one I can't make up my mind if I want to start Cupcakes or Finding Nemo. I will decide this week and get one going. I will let you know so that you can get knitters for it. If anyone has a preference of one of these two let me know I will do the one with the most feedback.

HollyP
02-21-2009, 11:38 AM
My vote is for Finding Nemo! I love that movie!! I think it would be a great blanket.
eta: Kelly I have your address. I'll let you know when I send it

MrsP
02-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi! I vote for Finding Nemo too! I think that would be a really cute blanket!!!

Yes, I did make the Dragonfly pins, so I really glad you like them!! :-)

Holly- you cracked me up! I just had to laugh out loud when I pictured a beautiful skein of yarn just accidentally dropping into your shopping basket - and you looking down at it with surprise and saying - oopsie! :roflhard: I wonder if my DH would buy that story? ;)

HollyP
02-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Amanda, it could work!:teehee: You'll never know until you try;)

blkirback
02-22-2009, 02:01 PM
It works for me! I tell my boyfriend that I have to have the yarn for something (even if I just want it) and usually he will say okay. What he doesn't know is how much I spend on all of my "charity yarn"! :roflhard:

Holly, I'm getting ready to work on camo and hoping to have it done by Tuesday. When I send it would you like for me to send the purple camo yarn? You were asking about it and I figured if you would use it then I could just send it to you. Let me know.

As soon as I get done with camo I am going to work on a fishy hat!!! :yay: I'm excited to see how it turns out. Well, time to get :knitting:

LBECK
02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Finding Nemo it is then. I love it too and I think it will be really cute. I will get started on it next week and Dawn you can get the knitters lined up. I will let you all know when I have it started.

MAmaDawn
02-22-2009, 09:37 PM
You guys are making me laugh...

I got a good bit of knitting done this weekend cuz I haven't been feeling well, I had a migraine yesterday for part of the day (I slept then) and just felt run down and had a headache the rest of the day. Jeremiah has been waking up 4 or 5 times a night for almost a week and it's worn on me.

So we have 2 more blankets with openings....

Lisa is starting Finding Nemo and Kelly is start one, which one of the ones you listed did you want to start Kelly?

ETA: Just found out from Kelly she's going to start Lemon Drops and Gum Drops.

So we have Lemon Drops and Gum Drops and Finding Nemo....

kellybigeyes
02-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I will start Lemon Drops & Gum Drops. I'm not sure how many sts it will be yet though. Everyone can use whatever yarn and st pattern. No specifics on this one!! I will be using Caron SS in a pale yellow. I will post later when I decide how many sts there will be.

MAmaDawn
02-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Spring in the Garden has 100 stitches on it. Just so everyone knows, I'll take a picture of it tomorrow when I have natural light. I used Barnet Stain Sport in the color Meadow and in Rice stitch, but used the wrong side for the right side, this was actually by accident but it was a good accident, I like the what is usually the back better... :yay:

kellybigeyes
02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
I should have the Crayola blanket ready to go out by mid-week. The blog says that nephthys8 is next. I wanted to see if she is ready. If you will please PM me your address and I will let you know when I get it mailed.

Thanks

MrsP
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey Dawn! I like the sound of Finding Nemo AND Lemon Drops and Gum Drops! So, you can put me on either or both! :-) I do have black and white in my stash, so I could do a section like that on Nemo without spending any money though... I don't know if that is a plus or a minus...:roflhard:

HollyP
02-22-2009, 10:26 PM
I put this on the blog but remembered I didn't put it here, Baby Blue has 110 stitches ( 104 plus the 6 border).

Kelly, I will most likely send the blanket out tomorrow. I'll let you know either way!

blkirback, I was just asking about since I thought that colorway had been discontinued. I bought 5 skeins at Big Lots last year some time so I just assumed. I just looked it up and I was wrong. I'm not sure why Big Lots had it.:?? Thanks for the offer. You don't have to send it to me especially if you have a use for it or can exchange it for something you would use.

Dawn:hug: hope you are feeling better soon. I can only imagine how hard getting up that many times during the night would be and then having to function during the day! Moms definitely deserve a ton of credit! I love the back of rice stitch too, what a great accident!

ETA- is there anything special for Diggers? Or is it just what ever we think of ? I was posting about it on the blog and just went blank for a description!

MAmaDawn
02-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Thank you Holly. I'm glad that Goob got up with him last night.

For Diggers I was thinking of browns, yellows, greens, black, colors you might think of when you think of diggers... What made me think of it was my son, he loves cars, trucks, trains and diggers... He even asks for a car when he goes to sleep. cloud9 (Now just if he would STAY asleep)

blkirback
02-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Thank you Holly. I'm glad that Goob got up with him last night.

For Diggers I was thinking of browns, yellows, greens, black, colors you might think of when you think of diggers... What made me think of it was my son, he loves cars, trucks, trains and diggers... He even asks for a car when he goes to sleep. cloud9 (Now just if he would STAY asleep)

I picked up a bright yellow when I was at the store because that was what I thought of when I think of diggers or John Deere Green...

misha rf
02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Dawn, what stitch pattern did you use on Jelly Bellies? I think it might be neat to end the blanket with the same pattern.

Thanks!!

MAmaDawn
02-24-2009, 09:25 AM
That's a cute idea! It's called Inlaid Lozenge from knittingfool.com. I'm sure it's in other books and stuff too.

That sounds like a great color, blkirback.... now I need to cast that one one and get it out too. :knitting:

lizardknits
02-24-2009, 06:56 PM
can I join baby blues?

blkirback
02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Camo didn't make it out in the mail today. The mail doesn't run down here on Mardi Gras day apparently so I am hoping for Thursday. I would get it out tomorrow but we have a vet appointment and I won't be able to stop by the post office or be home to make sure the mail lady gets it.

I will try and post pictures tomorrow night though.

HollyP
02-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Baby Blue is finally in the mail! I have the confirmation if we need it.
I'll post pictures later when I'm home.

blkirback
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Camo is in the bag and ready to go! I should be able to get it in the mail tomorrow. I thought I would get it in the mail today but the vet called on Wednesday and moved our appointment to today so I didn't get it in the mail today.

So here are some pictures.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3470/3312831310_835dfed563.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3312000351_57688c936a.jpg

I did a divided box stitch pattern, I like the texture that it gives the blanket. Well, it should be on it's way to you Holly tomorrow.

MrsP
02-26-2009, 08:35 PM
That looks GREAT!! I love how the color made its own pattern!! It looks AWESOME! Great job!! :-)

MAmaDawn
02-26-2009, 11:40 PM
That looks GREAT!! I love how the color made its own pattern!! It looks AWESOME! Great job!! :-)

I was just thinking that too!

HollyP
02-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Camo looks great!! I can't wait to see it in person!

Here is the beginning of Baby Blue. I used the loop pattern after much debating. I love how easy it is and how it turns out.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3340/3313533268_41210f7d16.jpg

MAmaDawn
02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Holly it looks wonderful!

Is that the honeycomb stitch? I've used it before and that look similar.

I forgot to take a pic of Spring in the Garden, sorry about that. I was excited to get it off and forgot. Next time I think I'll take a pic with the flash and get one in natural light if I remember.