PDA

View Full Version : Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

HollyP
02-27-2009, 11:32 AM
No it's the loop pattern, I found it online somewhere. It's super easy!
row 1: knit row 2: slip1 k1 row 3: k row 4: k1 slip1 . I love that everything for the pattern happens on the wrong side so I don't have to move my yarn back and forth.

MAmaDawn
02-27-2009, 12:47 PM
No it's the loop pattern, I found it online somewhere. It's super easy!
row 1: knit row 2: slip1 k1 row 3: k row 4: k1 slip1 . I love that everything for the pattern happens on the wrong side so I don't have to move my yarn back and forth.

Wow, that's almost the same as Slip-stitch Honeycomb (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/honeycomb.htm).Row 1 and 3 (RS): k
Row 2: k1, *sl1 with yarn in back (wyib), k1; rep from *
Row 4: k2, *sl1 wyib, k1; rep from *, end k1

Funny how they are like that, it's like feather and fan and old shale...

I do love that stitch :inlove:

HollyP
02-27-2009, 03:05 PM
It's funny how you can find the same pattern with a totally different name depending on which site you use. They look exactly the same! I love the stitch too!

kellybigeyes
02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
It's very similiar to this one too!!!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chinese-waves-dishcloth

blkirback
02-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Spring in the Garden arrived today. Thank you Dawn for the wonderful yarn! :muah: I don't know yet what I am going to use it for but I can't wait to use it!:woot:

kellybigeyes
02-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey Guys!! I am hoping to start Lemon Drops & Gum Drops this weekend. I was going to use yellow Caron SS, but I forgot we are not supposed to start or end a blanket in yellow or green. So... I am going to use a combo of yellow and light pink... and I have a question.... I should know the answer to this, but my mind has went blank... so bear with me....

If I do a few rows in pink, then a few in yellow, ect, ect... do I have to knit a row before changing colors? I know when we end our section we have to knit a row for the next person to add their yarn.... the reason I am asking is b/c I have not decided what pattern I'm using yet, and I just wanted to see if that would matter since I will be changing yarn very often... I didn't know if I should just go with simple garter stitch....

PLEASE HELP!!!:shrug:

Thanks

kellybigeyes
02-27-2009, 10:28 PM
I see that we still need someone else on Diggers'.... I don't mind to do it if you need me to. I saw the post on Ravelry and it made me think about it... Just let me know. I don't want to take the spot if someone else wants it.

HollyP
02-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Kelly, that sounds great! Thanks for remembering about the yellow. No you wouldn't have to knit a row in before changing colors. You just want to make sure you start the new color on the right side. The reason we knit the last row is to make it easier for the next knitter. It less confusing than having to possibly deal with yo's or slipped stitches etc.

kellybigeyes
02-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Gotcha! Thanks so much Holly!! I just wasn't sure about what to do if i was doing a pattern st. I didn't want to have color changing 'bumps' where I wasn't supposed to. Thanks so much!!

kellybigeyes
02-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I got the Crayola Blanket mailed to Erica today. The conf # is
0308 0070 0002 1952 9222

Here is a before and after picture!!

HollyP
02-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Looks great!!! Thanks for the pictures!

MrsP
02-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey Guys!! I am hoping to start Lemon Drops & Gum Drops this weekend. I was going to use yellow Caron SS, but I forgot we are not supposed to start or end a blanket in yellow or green.

Hey! I haven't started or ended a blanket before, so maybe that is why I don't know, but why can't you start or end a blanket with yellow or green???

I really like that stitch - no matter what you call it! :-) Great job!!

kellybigeyes
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Amanda... you can read Holly's post about here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1128252&postcount=15). Hope this helps!

kellybigeyes
02-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Holly... I just wanted to let you know that I got Baby Blue today. It looks great!! I have actually started on it already!:teehee: Thanks so much for the yarn. I have never used anything by Knit Picks. I can't wait to try it. I changed the st count on the sheet to 110 for you. The only thing that I think I'm missing is a card to go with the blanket. I don't mind at all to make one. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing it. Just let me know.

Thanks!

HollyP
02-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Kelly, I totally forgot to include one! Thanks for taking care of it. I can sign my name when it comes back here for delivery.

LBECK
03-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey guys,

I got the yarn for "Finding Nemo" So I will be starting it soon. Possibly today just depends on what time my DGS goes home. We got about 6 or 8" of snow yesterday so Son and Dil may be sleeping in.

Dawn you can start getting a list of knitters anytime.

MAmaDawn
03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Here are the memos... Just so everyone has them. If you need to find them later you should be able to search for memo in the thread and find them.

I have Finding Nemo started and some on it we have 2 knitters and a border open on it and on Lemon Drops and Gum Drops. And knitgirl2007 over at Rav is starting another preemie blanket called Lucky Charms. So we have quite a good list of blankets going now. YAY!

HollyP
03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Camo came is yesterday's mail. Now I just have to decide what yarn to use. I was going to use the same yarn that Lisa cast on with but Bernat apparently changed the colors and I can't find the same yarn.The new outback camo doesn't have green in it!:wall: I'll take it shopping with me when I return the yarn( same brand, type, and name but very different) I got today. I'm sure I'll be able to find something!

:waving:Brandi, thanks for the goodies you included for me! :muah:

MAmaDawn
03-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Here are the blankets we still have openings on.

Lemon Drops and Gum Drops
Kellybigeyes
Need a knitter
KnitGirl2007
need a knitter
MrsP
Need a knitter and border

Finding Nemo
LBECK
MrsP
Knitgirl2007
need 3 knitters and a border

Lucky Charms (preemie)
KnitGirl2007
need 5 knitters and a border

MAmaDawn
03-04-2009, 03:19 AM
First before I forget diggers has 106 stitches, I was thinking about doing a color work pattern, but I'm not sure I want to now, so I need to find a stitch pattern.

Spring in the Garden arrived today. Thank you Dawn for the wonderful yarn! :muah: I don't know yet what I am going to use it for but I can't wait to use it!:woot:

Glad you got it and that you like it. I loved the way Jeremiah's hat came out with the other color.

I see that we still need someone else on Diggers'.... I don't mind to do it if you need me to. I saw the post on Ravelry and it made me think about it... Just let me know. I don't want to take the spot if someone else wants it.

Knitgirl2007 actually asked just before you did. But thank you.

I think it's awesome that we have so many blankets going and new ones starting. :cheering: Y'all make it easy to keep it all going. cloud9

MAmaDawn
03-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Ok I just HAD to post this, We talk A LOT! This is post #1270!!!!!! Just in our thread here... WOW! :thud:

I had no idea that we had said THAT much...

blkirback
03-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Holly, I'm glad you liked everything. I wasn't sure about the yarn but I thought that it was neat and I picked some up for myself.

Dawn, I love the yarn. I can't wait till the end of this month when I go the airport and get to use it. :woohoo:

Speaking of that, I know that I am on diggers and I have no problems mailing it from a different place I just wanted to let everyone know that on the 26th of this month I am flying up to MI for a little while. My parents are celebrating their 25th anniversary and I am going to surprise them with a visit. So hopefully I will get the blanket before I go, if not can we move my spot or something?

Oh yeah, I have had a major problem with Spring in the Garden:wall: . I can't seem to find a stitch that I like so I have knit and tinked and knit and tinked I think about 6 times. So I am going to try today and get it done since I have the house to myself (other than my dog and the one I am doggy sitting for). I am hoping this time I get it the way I like it!

MrsP
03-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey Dawn!! When I was on yesterday, I noticed that we seemed to have WAY more posts in our thread than any of the other Charity threads!! It totally cracked me up! I think it is AWESOME!! :-)

kellybigeyes
03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Dawn... I just wanted to let you know that I am finished with Baby Blue. I'll try to get it in the mail by Friday. Mrs. P has already sent me her address. I am about halfway finished with Lemon Drops & Gumdrops. If it's ok, I would like to work on Finding Nemo and Lucky Charms also. Just let me know when you find out who the next knitter is for Lemon Drops and I'll get it in the mail ASAP. Oh yeah... I cast on 100 sts for the Lemon Drop blanket.

misha rf
03-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Ok I just HAD to post this, We talk A LOT! This is post #1270!!!!!! Just in our thread here... WOW! :thud:

You make it sound like that's a BAD thing!!! :chair:

Also, feel free to add me in wherever you need me on the new blankets. :muah:

HollyP
03-04-2009, 06:09 PM

And we wouldn't have it any other way!:grphug: :muah:
You could think of it like, we don't talk a lot the other regions just don't talk enough!:teehee:

MAmaDawn
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
I didn't mean I was a bad thing at all.... just surprised it's been THAT many... that's A LOT! But I agree just makes me love you all more.... :grphug:

Added you Kelly and misha... and blkirback I can change you if we need to. That won't be a problem at all. Would you rather just get it when you get back or would you like to have it while you are there?

blkirback
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
I didn't mean I was a bad thing at all.... just surprised it's been THAT many... that's A LOT! But I agree just makes me love you all more.... :grphug:

Added you Kelly and misha... and blkirback I can change you if we need to. That won't be a problem at all. Would you rather just get it when you get back or would you like to have it while you are there?

I don't mind having it while I'm there at all, then I could show my parents what I am always talking about. They know I knit on the blankets but they have only ever seen pictures of them. I don't mind paying the extra shipping either, the post office there is a whole lot less busy then the ones down here!

HollyP
03-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Dawn, you can put me at the end of any of the blankets if you need me.

MAmaDawn
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I don't mind having it while I'm there at all, then I could show my parents what I am always talking about. They know I knit on the blankets but they have only ever seen pictures of them. I don't mind paying the extra shipping either, the post office there is a whole lot less busy then the ones down here!

Then I will switch you and Oliver. I'll send it to you when I get it done, but I will make sure I have it done and in the mail by the 21st, that should be PLENTY of time cuz I always mail them priority cuz it means I don't have to go to the post office with 3 kids and doing it online I get a discount and free tracking.

And I understand about Spring in the Garden, I'm having the same issue with Diggers... I'm hoping the one I have in mind now will do the trick.

blkirback
03-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Then I will switch you and Oliver. I'll send it to you when I get it done, but I will make sure I have it done and in the mail by the 21st, that should be PLENTY of time cuz I always mail them priority cuz it means I don't have to go to the post office with 3 kids and doing it online I get a discount and free tracking.

And I understand about Spring in the Garden, I'm having the same issue with Diggers... I'm hoping the one I have in mind now will do the trick.

That works for me. I've been doing mine through the internet too lately. It's a 40 minute drive for us to get to a post office that isn't in a dangerous neighbor hood and then I have to stand in line for 30 minutes. I can't wait! I've almost finished with Spring in the Garden, I did a stockinette stitch because I was tired of undoing everything. But hopefully it will look nice.

I am planning on finishing it here in a little bit so if the next knitter will be ready soon I should be able to get it in the mail in a few days.

MrsP
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Hey Dawn! I wouldn't mind filling in where needed too! :-) I can't believe we have so many blankets going! I think it is awesome!!

We are expecting a new niece or nephew this summer, and I want to make something, but can't decide what yet! I am thinking about maybe a blanket and a hat, what do you think? Do you think cream is the best bet to go with since we don't know the sex? They don't have a set color scheme for the nursery yet, so I can't go off that...grrr! I love having it be a surprise, but it sure does make it hard when you are making something special!!

HollyP
03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Cream would be really nice and I am sure the parents will love what ever you make. I think the sex should be revealed to the knitter in the parents life even if the parents don't want to know! :teehee: My bro and sil are dealing with infertility which is heartbreaking. But they agreed to when they get pregnant they will send the results of the sex ultrasound to me even if they don't want to know( he will, and she won't, not sure who would win the argument). I would love to be in the room when the tell the U/S tech we don't want to know but could you please write it down and put it in a sealed envelope for my sister the knitter.

MrsP
03-05-2009, 08:24 PM
That is awesome! It totally cracks me up! I should email my BIL and tell him that he needs to have the doctor send me a sealed envelope!! Ha Ha Ha!! Somehow I don't think they will go for it! :-)

I think I will go with the cream, I have 2 skeins that my mom gave me - she had them leftover from the blanket she made my sister. So, I already have it and it is free...makes it look pretty good! But, it isn't my favorite - I would rather do something colorful... And, I won't even get to meet the baby until next Christmas because they live in England. So, I can make him/her something colorful for Christmas! :teehee:

kellybigeyes
03-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I got 2 blankets mailed out today!! *patting myself on the back*

I got Baby Blue mailed out to Amanda.
The conf# is 0308 1400 0001 7225 4210

And I got Lemon Drops & Gumdrops mailed out to Michele.
The conf# 0308 0070 0002 1952 7297

I don't think I forgot anything!! Let me know if you have any questions. I will post pics this weekend.

MrsP
03-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Yahoo!! I can't wait to get Baby Blues!! I will let you know when it arrives!!!

HollyP
03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Can't wait to see them! You are a knitting machine getting 2 blankets done so quickly!

Amanda- it wouldn't hurt to ask!;) I was joking when I said but they agreed so I'm sticking with it!

ETA; just noticed how many !! there are in the last several posts, it made me laugh!

HollyP
03-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey all! Hope everyone had a great weekend! We were certainly enjoying beautiful weather here.

I am completely stumped as to what color to add to Camo. I had been planning on finishing with the same yarn that Lisa started with but as I already said they have changed the color. Looking at it now I am pretty sure I don't want to add another camo print right after Brandi's. That's as far as I have gotten. I am completely at a loss. Any and all opinions are very very very welcome! You can see a current picture of it on the blog (link is in my signature)

MrsP
03-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey Holly!!

I can see your dilemna about Camo - I read the post about not doing blankets and the part about green and yellow, it read to me that the lady just asked for no blankets that are ALL green or ALL yellow - I don't see why you couldn't end the blanket with a camo green. But, if you don't want to do that, then I would probably pick a beige color. Or even a cream - think about the camo they use for snow country! White/cream/or grey. I am sure that whatever you pick will be GREAT! :-)

Kelly - I got Baby Blue today! Thank you so much for all the goodies!!!

On another note, my husband and I got ambitious this weekend - he is on spring break this week. We have a patio area that was covered with those pea sized pebbles. We HATE those rocks - our 2 yo threw them and spread them EVERYWHERE! So, we dug them out, bagged them and laid paving stones. It looks GREAT! Now, I can't wait to have a break from manual labor and do some knitting! :teehee::teehee:

kellybigeyes
03-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Better late than never... here are a few pictures for you.

Baby Blue

And a CLOSE up!!

Lemon Drops and Gumdrops

I hope you all like them!!

MAmaDawn
03-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Hey all! Hope everyone had a great weekend! We were certainly enjoying beautiful weather here.

I am completely stumped as to what color to add to Camo. I had been planning on finishing with the same yarn that Lisa started with but as I already said they have changed the color. Looking at it now I am pretty sure I don't want to add another camo print right after Brandi's. That's as far as I have gotten. I am completely at a loss. Any and all opinions are very very very welcome! You can see a current picture of it on the blog (link is in my signature)

I was thinking like Amanda, I'd use a cream or light brown/beige.

Better late than never... here are a few pictures for you.

I hope you all like them!!

They look great!

HollyP
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I was looking through my stash last night and found a dark green. I think I will do a section with it and do another with the camo yarn I have so that it doesn't end in the green. Thanks for the suggestions! :hug:

Amanda - There was another post about the green and yellow after the post Kelly showed you clarifying. I had double checked with the coordinator and she asked that we not start or end with either color but that they could be in the blankets.

Kelly - I love lemon drops and gum drops!!! Perfect for spring! Baby blue looks great too!

misha rf
03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Lemon Drops & Gum Drops is here! It's very pretty! Thank you for the bookmark & memo pad. I always need those things.

My life took an unexpected header last week, and I wasn't able to finish Jelly Bellies. I'm almost done with it now, and can mail it tomorrow. My apologies!! (Oh, and am I binding it off & sending it to get a border added, or is the next knitter doing a section and a border? I'm confused. Thanks!)

HollyP
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Jelly bellies is coming to me next for the border. I can't wait to see it! Do you need my address?

MrsP
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi guys!! I am so dumb about adjusting patterns and I need some help! I want to useThis (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/spacedchecks.htm) pattern for Baby Blue. It is for 10 + 2 (Which is like greek to me, I don't really get it!) :whoosh:

In the pattern notes, they say you can easily adjust the stockinette parts to any amount of stitches once you understand the pattern, but I can't figure it out for sure.

Baby Blue has 110 stitches -would it work if I did - 102 stitches of the pattern and then 4 stitches of garter on either side? Does the 10 + 2 mean that 10 times how every many repeats and then add 2 to the end???

Is this right??:shrug:

kellybigeyes
03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Yes Amanda, that would be correct. The 10 + 2 means it would work for 22, 32, 42, 52, etc. It means a multiple of 10 plus 2. So it would work for 102 sts. So since the blanket is 110 sts, you would do 4 K, 102 in pattern, and 4 K. The best way to do it without getting confused would be to use 2 stitch markers. I would knit 4 sts, place a marker, do your pattern (as written) until you get to the last 4 sts, place another marker, then K the last 4. I hope this makes sense. The st markers will be a constant reminder for you to knit 4 sts on each end. Let me know if you have anymore questions. :thumbsup:

Howdovely
03-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say hello here. I've been lurking (sort of) but haven't posted lately. I'm not currently on any blankets and haven't been since my part of Jelly Bellies. Life sure does get busy!!! I took a break hoping to catch up on my UFO's, but what did I do? Started a scarf AND the Pinwheel blanket! Thanks to Shandeh for starting me on the Pinwheel - boy was THAT intimidating! That was like fighting Porcupines with all those needles sticking every which way!!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well - I hope to get back on some blankets soon.

Brenda

MAmaDawn
03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Lemon Drops & Gum Drops is here! It's very pretty! Thank you for the bookmark & memo pad. I always need those things.

My life took an unexpected header last week, and I wasn't able to finish Jelly Bellies. I'm almost done with it now, and can mail it tomorrow. My apologies!! (Oh, and am I binding it off & sending it to get a border added, or is the next knitter doing a section and a border? I'm confused. Thanks!)

No need to apologize... Thanks for keep us updated about it.

Yes Amanda, that would be correct. The 10 + 2 means it would work for 22, 32, 42, 52, etc. It means a multiple of 10 plus 2. So it would work for 102 sts. So since the blanket is 110 sts, you would do 4 K, 102 in pattern, and 4 K. The best way to do it without getting confused would be to use 2 stitch markers. I would knit 2 sts, place a marker, do your pattern (as written) until you get to the last 4 sts, place another marker, then K the last 4. I hope this makes sense. The st markers will be a constant reminder for you to knit 4 sts on each end. Let me know if you have anymore questions. :thumbsup:

Did you mean knit 4? I think that's what you meant... I'd do the same thing.

Also Amanda watch the pattern. Your knit 3 and purl 3 sections are what's going to make that section pop out. The whole thing is one a stocking stitch background, so you have a knit side and a purl side. The knit 3 section is on the purl rows and the purl 3 section is on the knit rows. So you are making reverse SS rectangles. The +2 is to stagger the rectangles. Does that make sense? I hope it does. Try to watch for it. Try to watch and see what happens as you knit it. Learning what your stitches do will help a lot in knitting. And for me it makes it so much more fun. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say hello here. I've been lurking (sort of) but haven't posted lately. I'm not currently on any blankets and haven't been since my part of Jelly Bellies. Life sure does get busy!!! I took a break hoping to catch up on my UFO's, but what did I do? Started a scarf AND the Pinwheel blanket! Thanks to Shandeh for starting me on the Pinwheel - boy was THAT intimidating! That was like fighting Porcupines with all those needles sticking every which way!!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well - I hope to get back on some blankets soon.

Brenda

Glad you checked in... I was thinking about you the past few days. We've missed you around here.

Looking forward to having you join us again. :hug:

kellybigeyes
03-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Did you mean knit 4? I think that's what you meant... I'd do the same thing.

Yes I did mean Knit 4. Sorry!! :eyes: Thanks for chatching that Dawn!!:thumbsup:

I'll change it in the original post.

misha rf
03-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Winter Wonderland is here!!! :cheering:

Sandy, thank you so much for the yarn and calendar and point protectors! I feel so spoiled!

I'm almost done with Lemon Drops & Gum Drops, so I'll start this one as soon as I'm done with that one. And Jelly Bellies went out in today's mail. :rofl:

kellybigeyes
03-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Michele... it sounds like you are working on a lot of blankets. Busy Busy!!

HollyP
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Wow the blankets are really moving now!!

MrsP
03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi! I am done with Baby Blue! Can you send me the address of the next knitter?! I will post pics tomorrow!!

Thanks for the help with the pattern!!

MAmaDawn
03-13-2009, 07:02 AM
I'll check with the next knitters for both the blankets...

MAmaDawn
03-13-2009, 07:40 AM
I wanted to check who can crochet the borders.... I have Shandeh, Holly, Lisa and me... am I missing anyone?

biztec
03-13-2009, 09:09 AM
I wanted to check who can crochet the borders.... I have Shandeh, Holly, Lisa and me... am I missing anyone?
I would love to do borders!!

HollyP
03-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi Biztec! Welcome!!!!:hug: If you send a PM to MamaDawn with your name & address she will add you to our group.

I finished my green section on camo and started the last camo section last night. I think I will try a brown border since Kelly's brown is now the center section.

misha rf
03-13-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm done with Lemon Drops & Gum Drops! Will try to get a pic up later today (no promises). Winter Wonderland & I have been chatting, trying to determine a stitch pattern. I may give up and just do garter to give me some Zen time. I'm planning on doing a post office run tomorrow (have other stuff to mail), so if I can get the addy for the next knitter for LD, that would be awesome. :happydance:

biztec
03-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Biztec! Welcome!!!!:hug: If you send a PM to MamaDawn with your name & address she will add you to our group.

I finished my green section on camo and started the last camo section last night. I think I will try a brown border since Kelly's brown is now the center section.
It's done!

knitgirl2007
03-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi, I am finishing up the first section of the "Lucky Charms" preemie blanket. I am going to attempt to send a picture with this post. Need help!!!

I did add it to my ravelry acct: knitgirl2007 under projects.

Thanks,
Katie

Knitgirl2007

HollyP
03-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi Katie! Welcome to KH! It's great to see you over here especially since this thread is soooo much more active than our Rav thread as you can see!

misha rf
03-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi Katie! :waving:

You're the next knitter on Lemon Drops & Gum Drops (according to the blog). Are you ready? If so, please PM me your addy!!

Thanks!!

MAmaDawn
03-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm done with Lemon Drops & Gum Drops! Will try to get a pic up later today (no promises). Winter Wonderland & I have been chatting, trying to determine a stitch pattern. I may give up and just do garter to give me some Zen time. I'm planning on doing a post office run tomorrow (have other stuff to mail), so if I can get the addy for the next knitter for LD, that would be awesome. :happydance:

Knitgirl2007 is next and I just got the message that she's ready so I'll pm you her addy...

It's done!

:cheering: I got it... Glad you are in our group! :yay: Welcome! :hug:

Hi, I am finishing up the first section of the "Lucky Charms" preemie blanket. I am going to attempt to send a picture with this post. Need help!!!

I did add it to my ravelry acct: knitgirl2007 under projects.

Thanks,
Katie

Knitgirl2007

It looks great! Welcome to kh! :hug: Shandeh has direction for uploading a photo in her sig line. But putting it up on your rav id is great too. I like putting mine there too.

MAmaDawn
03-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Did I miss anyone? Does everyone that has a blanket ready to go have an address? I've not been getting enough sleep (for like 3 weeks) and so I'm worried I missed something. Misha rf saw what lack of sleep does to me, I started to tell her to send herself Lemon Drops and Gum Drops... guess that would save on postage. :teehee:

We have just about filled our blankets. I'll post the lists when I hear back from a few people.

HollyP
03-13-2009, 07:27 PM
:roflhard: That would be one way to save on postage!

We have just about filled our blankets. I'll post the lists when I hear back from a few people.:woot:

Jelly Bellies has made it safely to me! :cheering: This blanket is awesome! It's so bright and cheerful I couldn't stop looking at it this afternoon. It is a cold rainy day here and this blanket made all of the grayness of the day disappear. I think I will do a black border. I loved on Neon Rainbow how the black border made the colors POP even more!

misha rf
03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Yay! You got it!

I'm mailing Winter Wonderland to you tomorrow. It was nice to play "hooky" and knit today. :happydance:

MrsP
03-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Wow you guys have been so busy the last few days!! Dawn, thanks for the address! I will get Baby Blue in the mail to Michelle on Monday! :-) Yahoo!

Welcome to the new members! Sorry, I can't remember your names!

blkirback
03-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. My BF had to do some work about 4 hours away from the house and I went with him, bad thing about it is that was no internet and no knitting :(

I have Spring in the Garden finished but I was wondering since Oliver is after me on both of the blankets would it be acceptable to hang on to it until I can mail both of them at once? That way I can save on shipping and everything. Also, I will need an address when you have the time.

misha rf
03-14-2009, 05:45 PM
I mailed Winter Wonderland & Lemon Drops and Gum Drops today. Confirmation numbers are in my purse, which is on the other side of the room. (Why yes, I am that lazy!) I'll pm them later. I also used the point protectors that I received for both of the blankets. They didn't have any, and I figured, "why not?" :teehee:

HollyP
03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Mish-Don't worry about sending the confirmation. I'll get it from you if the need arises.

MAmaDawn
03-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. My BF had to do some work about 4 hours away from the house and I went with him, bad thing about it is that was no internet and no knitting :(

I have Spring in the Garden finished but I was wondering since Oliver is after me on both of the blankets would it be acceptable to hang on to it until I can mail both of them at once? That way I can save on shipping and everything. Also, I will need an address when you have the time.

Yes you can wait, that's fine. We've done that before. She is ready, I'll pm you her address so you have it and let her know.

misha rf
03-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Photo time!

Here are Jelly Bellies, Lemon Drops and Gum Drops and Winter Wonderland!

Holly, I've got other pics on my Flickr page if you want to swipe them for the blog.

kellybigeyes
03-16-2009, 03:01 PM
The blankets are beautiful!!!

MAmaDawn
03-16-2009, 03:25 PM
They look wonderful, nice additions there!

HollyP
03-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Winter Wonderland arrived yesterday! It's looks great! The pictures really don't do these blankets any justice! I started working on it last night. I feel like I have knitting ADD right now.:teehee: I have 3 of our blankets and I can't seem to focus on just one! Last night I was knitting on Camo and suddenly thought oh I know exactly what color blue I want to add to W.W. I put Camo back into it's baggy and went to search my stash. I found the color and had to start knitting right away. I worked on it for a while and looked up to see Jelly Bellies sitting patiently in it's baggy in my basket waiting for me to finish it.Thankfiully I was able to curb the urge to work on it as it was getting late and I really needed some sleep

Mish- Thank you:hug:

ETA- All the blankets are beautiful!

MrsP
03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just realize that I put Baby Blue in the mail and I didn't take a picture! So, it is in the mail and it should be there in a couple of days. I have the tracking number if necessary.

Thanks!

HollyP
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm almost done with my part of Winter Wonderland. Lizardknits are you ready for it? I should be able to send it tomorrow or the next day.

LBECK
03-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to quickly wish blkirback a Happy Birthday today!!! :balloons:

HollyP
03-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Happy Birthday Brandi!!:present::hug:

Shandeh
03-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Happy Birthday!! :)
Here's a photo of a yarn birthday cake I found online for ya.

MAmaDawn
03-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Happy Birthday May your day be filled with :knitting:and :)and yarn, lots of yarn! :balloons::present:

misha rf
03-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Happy Birthday, Brandi!! :muah:

Chocolate Mint and Baby Blue arrived today!! They look lovely! And thanks to both of you for the goodies. They will most definitely be put to good use! :rofl:

kellybigeyes
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Happy Birthday Brandi!!:present: :balloons:

blkirback
03-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Thank you all. I did have an okay birthday. I was ready for it to be over though. I actually didn't get any knitting done :( I don't know why but I just couldn't sit still long enough to.

I have pictures of Spring in the Garden and will hopefully post them soon, things have been busy and hectic so I will try my hardest to get them up in the next couple of days.

MrsP
03-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Hey Michelle!

I hoped your treat would arrived okay - I double bagged it separately so there was no way it could get to Baby Blue!

It was purchased in the throes of acute PMS!

MAmaDawn
03-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Hey Michelle!

I hoped your treat would arrived okay - I double bagged it separately so there was no way it could get to Baby Blue!

:roflhard: Dh is at the store right now for that reason... getting powdered cocoa and other stuff for brownies... yum!

misha rf
03-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey Michelle!

I've had a lot of stress lately, so chocolate is MOST welcome!!

Speaking of chocolate, I finished Chocolate Mint. Who gets it next? Am working on Baby Blue now. :)

HollyP
03-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi all! I finished Winter Wonderland a few days ago, I'll post a picture tomorrow. I've had a nutty couple of days! First my cat Joey was diagnosed with bladder stones. He's going to be fine. They put him on Rx food and are going to monitor them for a while. Thankfully he is my laid back cat and doesn't seem to mind the new food or my obsessing about his trips to the litter box.:teehee: Just when things calmed down with Joey, Bentley my dog ruptured an anal gland.:ick:(x100) It was not pretty. He's now on antibiotics and steroids to treat the infection that causedit. He's also doing fine now. I made a new rule for my animals no more blood outside of the body!! Sorry if all of that was TMI!I was truly grateful that my other cat Sierra didn't end up at the Vet this week too.I almost expected after my 3rd trip in 1 week(2 to diagnose Joey and 1 for B) When I was leaving with Bentley they asked about her.

As soon as I hear from Lizardknits I will send the blanket, I sent her a PM a couple of days ago.

MAmaDawn
03-23-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm glad to hear that they are both ok... and hope they follow that rule there...

I pmed her too. She maybe on spring break... I know one of the schools up here had it last week.

kellybigeyes
03-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Holly... good luck with the animals. I hope they are doing well. I just wanted to let everyone know that Lucky Charms arrived today. I can't wait to get started on it. :)

HollyP
03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Here's Winter Wonderland! I used light blue simply soft again. I seriously don't know how I accumulated so much of this one color!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3464/3385430844_4a4fe6540a.jpg

blkirback
03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
That looks great! :woohoo:

kellybigeyes
03-25-2009, 03:03 PM
I will have Lucky Charms ready to mail by the end of the week. I checked the blog and it is not listed on there. I just need to know who is next and where to send it. Thanks so much.

Holly... The blanket looks great!!

MAmaDawn
03-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Winter Wonderland looks great!

Sandy let all the region leaders know about a sale she got info about... it's at AC Moore... Saturday, March 28th

Vanna's Choice & Caron Simply Soft will be $1.99

Bernat Softee Baby will be $2.49

TLC Baby will be $2.99

kellybigeyes
03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I have Luchy Charms ready to mail. Does anyone know who gets it next?

MAmaDawn
03-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Sorry Kelly we had a bug going round the house, it was a strange one... aches, feeling really sick and wiped out and a fever were the only symptoms, no cold type symptoms, no stomach problems...

But we are better now, I'm sending a pm to the next knitter to see if she is ready.

MAmaDawn
03-28-2009, 07:35 AM
oh and Misha, my friend here is next, but she has a different zip code and I'm waiting to get it. I meant to on Tuesday when I saw here and didn't...

And she should be coming to register today...

HollyP
03-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Happy Saturday everyone! Dawn Pm'd me updated lists this morning. I'll be updating the blog today also with all the new info.

Lemon Drops and Gum Drops
Kellybigeyes
Misha rf
KnitGirl2007
HollyP
MrsP
MamaDawn
Border: Biztec

Lucky Charms
Knitgirl2007
Kellybigeyes
HollyP
MrsP
MamaDawn
my friend (who should be joining us this weekend)
Border: my friend

Finding Nemo
LBECK
MrsP
Knitgirl2007
MamaDawn
Kellybigeyes
HollyP
Border: HollyP

Kelly- I am ready for Lucky Charms!
Dawn - Glad you are feeling better!

biztec
03-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Ooooh goody, I get to do a border!!

Shandeh
03-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Dawn, I'm sorry you got sick! :heart: :pout: :heart:

MAmaDawn
03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you HollyP and Sandy, dh has ha a bad habit this year of bringing stuff home from work... and I always get it after he does... I told him to leave that stuff at work... :teehee:

Thanks for posting the list Holly...

I had a spinning class today. I learned how to better spin on my drop spindle and got to spin on a wheel for the first time... and I bought a wheel!!!!! :woot::woohoo::cheering::happydance: :yay: I really need like 10 more of each of them to show how excited I am.

Going to finish it tonight and then put it together and tomorrow I will be spinning on it!

HollyP
03-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Biztec actually you will be doing 2 borders! Dawn moved you onto Spring in the Garden also.

Dawn, that is so cool! When you said spinning class I was picturing spinning class at the gym not how to spin yarn. I think I might have lost a few knitter's points for that slip! :teehee:

biztec
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Biztec actually you will be doing 2 borders! Dawn moved you onto Spring in the Garden also.

Dawn, that is so cool! When you said spinning class I was picturing spinning class at the gym not how to spin yarn. I think I might have lost a few knitter's points for that slip! :teehee:
Can I crochet the borders? Can I use a border pattern?

HollyP
03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes, I'd say 99.9% of the borders are crochet. Patterns would be great!

biztec
03-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes, I'd say 99.9% of the borders are crochet. Patterns would be great!
Yippee!!

Shandeh
03-29-2009, 07:08 PM
I had a spinning class today. I learned how to better spin on my drop spindle and got to spin on a wheel for the first time... and I bought a wheel!!!!! :woot::woohoo::cheering::happydance: :yay:

Yay!!! Congratulations on your spinning wheel!
Isn't it exciting? :balloons: :balloons: :present: :balloons: :balloons:

misha rf
03-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Lisa, Baby Blue is ready for you! Are you ready for it? :teehee:

blkirback
03-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Sorry I haven't been on here much. I finally made it to MI but it was a very long day on Thursday, me and Atlanta never get along very well! But it was worth it to surprise my mom and dad.

I've been meaning to post picture of Spring in the Garden I just haven't had the time yet. I will try and get them up later today. I should have some free time some time today. Busy, busy, busy!

MrsP
03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi Everyone! I am so excited to see that it is almost my turn on another blanket! :-) :cheering:

Sorry that I haven't posted very much lately. I have recently made the commitment to walk the Breast Cancer 3 Day here in Atlanta. It will be Oct. 23-25 and we will walk 60 miles over the 3 days. So, I have been walking a lot! I have also been working on fundraising ideas, and trying to come up with things that I can make and sell to help me reach my goal. I have to raise $2,300 in order to do the walk! Yikes!

I thought I would try making a felted purse (I have never felted before) and I bought the wool and started knitting but like a dummy didn't realize that of course if I am going to SHRINK something then it has to be BIG to begin with!! So, I feel like I am doing a baby blanket on my own! My pattern is 100 stitches wide and I have to knit it to 31 inches long! It is VERY slow going - all stockinette!! I take it EVERYWHERE! :rofl:

So, I have been lurking, but not posting! But, don't worry! I am still here and I am still really excited to work on the blankets!

HollyP
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Good to see both of you!

Brandi- glad you made it safe and sound. I'm sure your parents really appreciate you surprising them!

Amanda- $2300 seems like a lot right now but it shouldn't be too hard to raise. I had to raise $4000 to participate in a Ministry team about 10 years ago. I sent letters detailing what I was going to do to every person I had ever met. I was blown away by the generosity I received. I raised over half with around 40 or so letters. Not everyone responded but every little bit helped.

LBECK
03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Lisa, Baby Blue is ready for you! Are you ready for it? :teehee:

Sure. It has been a while actually since I worked on a blanket. I have had soooo much going on. I am still trying to get Finding Nemo started. I can't decide on a pattern to use. I have the yarn though. I just need to dive right in and pick one I guess.

kellybigeyes
03-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Holly... I sent you a PM but I thought I would post it here also. I got Lucky Charms in the mail to you today. Let me know when you get it.

misha rf
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Awesome! I'll do a post office run tomorrow!

blkirback
04-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Sorry that it took so long but here are some photos of Spring in the Garden!

I tried to fix them using Flickr but it really didn't help but to make the color pop.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3435/3406063606_8eecb26fce_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3474/3406061640_1e49f4ac78_m.jpg

These two are the same but before I fixed them. I didn't know which ones would be better for the blog.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3472/3405246057_560537d10c_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3474/3406057446_763d06d185_m.jpg

I also got Diggers today! I love the yarn thank you so much. I am planning on shopping soon for yarn. We had an unexpected death this morning so I am going to try and finish them before the funeral on Saturday but I don't know for sure if I will be able to. I still need to get the next knitters address for the blankets so that when I get them done I can send them out. Well, time to get to knitting!

HollyP
04-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Happy Friday everyone!!! I probably won't be around much until Monday. My entire immediate family is coming into town this weekend. We are celebrating my birthday and Easter. My bday was Wednesday and this is the only time we could all get together so we decided to celebrate both now. I'm excited! We haven't all been able to get together since last summer!
I am finally putting the border on Camo. This one has been so tough for me to figure out color and stitch wise. But I think I finally did!

Kelly I will make sure to let you know when I receive Lucky Charms!

LBECK
04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Finally!!!! I have finished the beginning of "Finding Nemo" So I want to tell you my take on this beginning... Nemo is at the start of his very long journey into the deep blue and so is the scene on the blanket where he realizes that he is alone out there. Hope you all like it.

Dawn or MrsP I need and address for MrsP so that I can get it in the mail next week. Thanks.

kellybigeyes
04-03-2009, 10:23 PM
I LOVE Finding Nemo!! It looks amazing!!:yay:

Howdovely
04-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Love how you did Finding Nemo!!

misha rf
04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
I had a bit of a glitch this week, but I got both Baby Blue and Chocolate Mint mailed yesterday. At least now I know where I hid my packing tape! (Note to self: next time, put it back in the cupboard with the dispenser, not on the floor in the closet.)

Finding Nemo looks absolutely adorable!! And Spring in the Garden is so pretty!

HollyP
04-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Kelly, I sent you a PM but I thought I would post here Lucky Charms is here safe and sound!
Lisa , Finding Nemo is awesome! :yay:

Spring in the Garden is so springy!

blkirback
04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Finding Nemo looks so great! I love it!

I finished Diggers yesterday. I did a Moss stitch and a Textured Strip stitch. I think it looks great.

Here's one of both sections together.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3337/3418674208_75c658b639.jpg

Here's one of just Dawn's section.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3560/3418674318_909f8614da.jpg

And here is one of my section.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3389/3417864819_e019963810.jpg

Hope you all like it.

I do need the next knitter's address so that I can get them in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday.

MAmaDawn
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I had a bit of a glitch this week, but I got both Baby Blue and Chocolate Mint mailed yesterday. At least now I know where I hid my packing tape! (Note to self: next time, put it back in the cupboard with the dispenser, not on the floor in the closet.)

Finding Nemo looks absolutely adorable!! And Spring in the Garden is so pretty!

I hate it when I do stuff like that!

Finding Nemo looks so great! I love it!

I finished Diggers yesterday. I did a Moss stitch and a Textured Strip stitch. I think it looks great.

It does look great! And you reminded me to post my pic (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Mamadawn/digger-blanket)... I actually remembered to take a picture of it this time!

Shandeh
04-07-2009, 02:45 AM
I know I'm late, but Happy Birthday Holly! :muah:

HollyP
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I just had an idea for a blanket and want to see what you all thought of it. The name would be something like bee-utiful and it would use the bee stitch (http://www.halfknits.com/bee-stitch.htm) throughout. What do you think?

I just updated the blog. (http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/) I think I got all the new pictures and have all the blankets in the right places. Please let me know if I have missed anything!!

Drea
04-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Not sure where I am supposed to introduce myself officially but I am Dawn's friend Andrea. My mother taught me to crochet some when I was about 12 or so and I am a beginning knitter. I think I actually prefer to knit though, which may be because it's new, but who knows!!

I have been on the list to do a blanket for some time now and I finally got around to registering here when Dawn needed to let the previous knitter know my address!! ( Sorry Dawn) I recieved Chocolate Mint on Monday afternoon and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I was soooo excited that I have already finished my section and am now working on the crochet border.

I look forward to knitting with you all and will have Dawn walk me through how to post a picture as soon as I have the border finished.

Happy knitting,
Andrea

blkirback
04-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Welcome!!!:hug:

I am going to the post office today to mail both of the blankets to Oliver. I can't wait to see what gets done to them!

MAmaDawn
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I just had an idea for a blanket and want to see what you all thought of it. The name would be something like bee-utiful and it would use the bee stitch (http://www.halfknits.com/bee-stitch.htm) throughout. What do you think?

I just updated the blog. (http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/) I think I got all the new pictures and have all the blankets in the right places. Please let me know if I have missed anything!!

I think that's a great idea for a blanket!

Not sure where I am supposed to introduce myself officially but I am Dawn's friend Andrea. My mother taught me to crochet some when I was about 12 or so and I am a beginning knitter. I think I actually prefer to knit though, which may be because it's new, but who knows!!

I have been on the list to do a blanket for some time now and I finally got around to registering here when Dawn needed to let the previous knitter know my address!! ( Sorry Dawn) I recieved Chocolate Mint on Monday afternoon and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I was soooo excited that I have already finished my section and am now working on the crochet border.

I look forward to knitting with you all and will have Dawn walk me through how to post a picture as soon as I have the border finished.

Happy knitting,
Andrea

:yay:Glad you posted...

Welcome!!!:hug:

I am going to the post office today to mail both of the blankets to Oliver. I can't wait to see what gets done to them!

I was thinking about these, I started both of them, sent them both to you and now you are sending both to Oliver... I don't think that's happened here before... :teehee:

You did a wonderful job on both of them!

HollyP
04-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Welcome Andrea ! :hug: So glad to finally have a name for you, for so long you have been "MamaDawn's friend" on the blog. Can't wait to see what you have done!

Drea
04-10-2009, 12:04 AM
I just couldn't help myself, SOOOOO .........Chocolate Mint is finished!!! :)

As soon as I figure out which child has my camera (and get with Dawn to find out how) I'll post a picture.

Drea
04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Oh and thank you for the warm welcome!!

HollyP
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Drea - here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1118273&postcount=1) is a step by step tutorial on how to post pictures. It really isn't hard! Good luck figuring out which kid has the camera! I am always looking for mine and it's just me using it!:teehee:

HollyP
04-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Amanda, I am almost finished with Lucky Charms. I have one more row. Are you ready for it? I'll need your address please.

Dawn, I'll be shipping Winter Wonderland to you on Monday. Getting new windows in the house is taking a lot longer and is a lot more inconvenient than I thought it would be. They will be done tomorrow! And I can finally access the closet the blanket is in that is being covered by furniture they had to move to get to the windows. I completely blanked on pulling it out before they came and started rearranging everything :wall: On a positive note the new windows look great and are 1000% more efficient than the old windows!:woohoo:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend! :muah:

MrsP
04-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey Holly!!

I am ready for Lucky Charms, so I will PM you my address. I am jealous about your new windows!! We had new windows installed about 3 months before my DH decided to move us all to Atlanta! I barely got to enjoy them before moving, but they were fabulous! Now, I have to save up to have them in this new house!!

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I am training to walk the Breast Cancer 3 Day here in Atlanta! Part of it is fundraising - you have to raise $2,300! Yikes! I am hoping to make things and sell them to help raise money for the walk. So, if you have any suggestions of things that are quick and easy, I would love them! Especially if you had ideas about how I could incorporate the "pink ribbon" theme! I have been playing around with a few thing - like knitting beads in and stuff, but haven't come up with something that I love yet.

Don't worry - I still want to work on blankets! :-)
Amanda

MAmaDawn
04-11-2009, 09:07 PM
You could knit an I-cord and make it into the shape of a ribbon.

How are you doing donations? Do you have a paypal account?

MrsP
04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey Dawn! Thanks for the idea! I just made my first I-Cord recently and I really like how it came out! I did knit a pink ribbon with some light pink red heart yarn. It came out ok but not my fave. So, I went to the store and bought some pink crochet thread and did a simple crochet one - it came out much...dainty-er...if that is a word. I guess it should be much more dainty! :-) I was thinking about making simple purses and making an i-cord type pink ribbon and sewing it to the front, but I don't know if I should just sell pink ribbon type things. Know what I mean?

All the regular donations go through www.The3Day.org website. There is a button that says Donate and the person would search for my name - Amanda Pennington. I have my own page and it has a little snippet from me and my training blog. For items that I sell, I would have to send them a check or donate the proceeds online myself. I haven't decided if I am going to try and sell things online or just in person. I've been toying with the idea of an Etsy shop though...

Thanks for the ideas!! :-) I take pictures of some of the things I come up with! :-)

Amanda

HollyP
04-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Winter Wonderland and Lucky Charms are on their way to Lizardknits and Mrs.P. I have the delivery confirmations in my car. I'll post it if we need it.

HollyP
04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
I just realized I didn't take a picture of Lucky Charms.:doh: I think that might be a first for me.
eta Amanda I was just looking on Rav and found a bunch of free patterns for BC awareness. Here are just a few
http://www.knittingknonsense.com/awarenessribbon_soapsack.html
http://jaybird-designs.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=3
http://gimpykatkpatterns.blogspot.com/2008/08/breast-cancer-awareness-cloth.html
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d69ncps_1gnf9vhg3 <- my fave! this doesn't have a picture but you can see it on Rav.

I would be more than happy to help you knit/ crochet stuff for fund raising. I don't have a lot of extra money to give but I do have some time and yarn!

blkirback
04-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Sorry I haven't been on here. I made it back to New Orleans safe and sound but have been missing my family. The visits never seem long enough.

I have the confirmation number for the blankets that I sent if we need it.

Amanda - I think it's great that you are doing the walk! My aunt is a survivor so we have always done the survivor walks with her. I think washcloths are the easiest thing to make. You can do white or cream or brown one's with the pink ribbon duplicate stitched on them. They look really nice. I've made some coffee sleeves that I got off of Ravelry that have turned out great if you feel adventurous. If you need any help making things let me know. I may not be able to make a lot of things with classes starting up soon but I would be willing to help you out if you need it.

HollyP
04-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Welcome back Brandi!

LBECK
04-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Finding Nemo is on it's way to you Amanda. Confirmation number is 03083390000029732555 if you need it.

Good luck with your walk and fundraising. The company that I work for does relay for life every year and we do a lot of fundraising. I never thought of things like you guys have talked about but if the need arises I might consider that kind of stuff here. Thanks for the ideas.

lizardknits
04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
we don't need to post the confirmation number for winter wonderland ;)

guess what just arrived today in greensboro? :D *attempts a happy dance*

woo hooo !!!!!

now I have an excuse to buy yarn (as if I really NEEDED an excuse to buy yarn ? ;) ....) .....

HollyP
04-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Wow that was fast! Glad it made it safely!

Speaking of arrivals Lemon drops and Gumdrops came in my mail today! Here it is with Knitgirl2007's addition!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3447969706_2b390e5032_m.jpg

blkirback
04-16-2009, 01:38 PM
That looks great!

kellybigeyes
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I LOVE Lemon Drops and Gum Drops!! It looks wonderful!! I love how it has turned out!! When I started it, I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it, but I think it has turned out wonderful!!!

lizardknits
04-16-2009, 03:02 PM
:aww: :woohoo: :hug: cloud9

Ok, i admit, I have a problem with patience. I just opened my package from hollyp. I knew the blanket would be in there, that was a given. i wondered why the package seemed bulky and after I took the blanket bag out of the mailer, I noticed another bag ..... with yarn..... oh my gosh, I have never seen that yarn before...:noway: :shock: and then I saw the card.... i opened the card...:heart: this will certainly be a welcome break from studies, considering the big projects that I have t o work on in the next few weeks.... thank you so much hollyp :hug: :muah:

the first picture is everything that was in the bag (no, I don't have a before pic of the blanket, but I should try and get that later)

the second pic is of the yarn that holly sent me. (again, thank you soooo much)

the third pic is of the card that holly p sent me.

LBECK
04-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Lemon Drops and Gum Drops is absolutely, positively, georgous. I love how the colors are working together. Keep up the good work!!!:cheering: :yay: :thumbsup:

HollyP
04-16-2009, 07:16 PM
You are very welcome Elizabeth! I really hope you can use the yarn, it's been sitting in my stash for a while. I was starting to feel bad for it since I could never figure out what to do with it! Don't worry about a before picture there is one on the blog and in this post a few (or more:teehee:) pages back.

I love how Lemon drops and Gumdrops is turning out too! I was searching through my stash today and found some mystery acrylic that I think will work. I am going to start working on it tonight!

Shandeh
04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
.........I really hope you can use the yarn, it's been sitting in my stash for a while. I was starting to feel bad for it since I could never figure out what to do with it!
I get emotional about my unused "orphan" yarn too. :teehee:
Sometimes I actually talk to it...."Yeah...hang in there....one day you'll be something AMAZING!" :wink:

Yes....I AM insane. :roflhard:

HollyP
04-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Sandy, if you are insane then so am I! :teehee: I was kool aid dying last week and for some reason one batch didn't turn out as bright as the others. I asked the yarn why before I realized it wouldn't/ couldn't tell me, or if it did I would be in serious trouble! :teehee:

I have been procrastinating on doing the borders on Jelly Bellies and Camo. :oops: I put them aside for a while but I think I finally know what I am going to do with them. I hope to have both finished by early next week. I'm saying this on the thread to keep myself accountable!
Hope every one has a great weekend!! Besides knitting I will definitely be doing yard work and if I can figure it out pressure washing the house. The new windows have inspired the start of a massive clean the house inside and out mission. I guess it is the right time of year!

lizardknits
04-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Holly, what yarn did you use for your section. It feels like simply soft.....
just curious
♥♥
Elizabeth

Shandeh
04-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Sandy, if you are insane then so am I! :teehee: I was kool aid dying last week and for some reason one batch didn't turn out as bright as the others. I asked the yarn why before I realized it wouldn't/ couldn't tell me, or if it did I would be in serious trouble! :teehee:
Yay! I'm not the only one that talks to my yarn! :hug:

HollyP
04-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Elizabeth- yep, it's Simply Soft.

ETA::hug: Sandy - I think we are among the majority but in the minority of actually admitting it!:teehee:

kellybigeyes
04-18-2009, 11:34 AM
I guess I haven't been knitting long enough to be talking to my yarn yet!! I'm sure it will come soon enough.:teehee:

MrsP
04-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey Guys!! I got my two blankets today! I was starting to get nervous, so I am pretty excited they arrived safely!! Perfect timing too!! We finished the 3rd day of our yard sale fundraiser today and we raised $800!!! How awesome is that??!!

I can't wait to take some quiet time to work on these blankets!! :-)

HollyP
04-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Amanda,Wow!! That's awesome!!

HollyP
04-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Here is Camo! I did an applied i cord for the border. It took a lot more time than I thought it would but I really love how it looks!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3498/3463196457_50aa89cc86.jpg

Close up of the border. Sorry it is blurry!! I am horrible about being still enough for the camera and too lazy to go find my tripod:teehee:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3508/3464013636_900b142be9_m.jpg

Jelly Bellies should be finished in the next day or so. I had promised myself I would have both done by the beginning of the week. But the weather was so nice I just couldn't stay out of the garden this weekend!

LBECK
04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
I love camo. It turned out GREAT!!!:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Shandeh
04-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Great job! :thumbsup:

misha rf
04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Camo looks awesome!! :yay:

MAmaDawn
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
It looks GREAT!

kellybigeyes
04-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Camo looks great!!

LBECK
04-22-2009, 07:28 AM
I am finished with my part of "Baby Blue". I need an address for lizardknits and it will be on its way. I will post a pic when I post the confirmation of it being in the mail. Happy knitting everyone.:knitting:

HollyP
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I finished Lemon drops and gumdrops this morning. I am :heart:loving:heart: this blanket!! I'll post pictures later when I am home.
Amanda, I know you have 2 blankets right now do you want me to hold onto this one until next week? Let me know what works for you!

I am sooo close to being done with Jelly Bellies! I will definitely finish it tonight!

lizardknits
04-22-2009, 11:13 PM
I picked up simply soft eco in white for the blanket. I shall hope to work on it soon.

MrsP
04-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Hey!!

Holly, if you could hang on to it until next week, that would be GREAT!! I am almost done with Lucky Charms, but haven't started on Finding Nemo yet. I need to dig in the stash and see what I can do for Nemo!

Thanks!

nephthys8
04-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Here's what's been going on:

The short version is, I moved, but it got all stretched out and started way back in February. I am now in Arlington, VA and really loving it, but I have only been in my new place with my new roommates for about two weeks at this point. I have high hopes, so keep your fingers crossed. Anyway, that kept me really busy with organizing for the move and actually getting it done... work was also hectic with some layoffs (not me, thankfully).

I am coordinating with Dawn now to make sure that the blankets I have will finally get to where they belong. My apologies for having them even this long, but I promise that they are quite safe and clean. Since I can't predict things for the coming little bit, though, I am going to continue to step back for the time being and just observe what you wonderful folks can do.

HollyP
04-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Good to see you Erica!!:hug: Hope everything goes well for you!:clink:Here's to new beginnings!!

HollyP
04-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Here is Jelly Bellies finally completed! I did the Mason Dixon garter stitch border (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1224640&postcount=12). I don't know why but I am on a knitted border kick lately! Crocheting is much faster but I love the look this border and it really didn't take too much time.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3604/3469585290_15973ec34c.jpg
Here is a close up of the border
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3495/3469585446_53caf6f0ff_m.jpg

And last but not least Lemon drops and Gumdrops. It looks wavy but it isn't! I was trying to hold the needle straight and must have pulled it funny. I used SS in ocean mist and soft yellow.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3503/3468771661_295c65c2d2_m.jpg

MAmaDawn
04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Here's what's been going on:

The short version is, I moved, but it got all stretched out and started way back in February. I am now in Arlington, VA and really loving it, but I have only been in my new place with my new roommates for about two weeks at this point. I have high hopes, so keep your fingers crossed. Anyway, that kept me really busy with organizing for the move and actually getting it done... work was also hectic with some layoffs (not me, thankfully).

I am coordinating with Dawn now to make sure that the blankets I have will finally get to where they belong. My apologies for having them even this long, but I promise that they are quite safe and clean. Since I can't predict things for the coming little bit, though, I am going to continue to step back for the time being and just observe what you wonderful folks can do.

That's totally understandable. Praying everything keeps going well and when it calms down we will love having you knit with us again.

Here is Jelly Bellies finally completed! I did the Mason Dixon garter stitch border (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1224640&postcount=12). I don't know why but I am on a knitted border kick lately! Crocheting is much faster but I love the look this border and it really didn't take too much time.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3604/3469585290_15973ec34c.jpg
Here is a close up of the border
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3495/3469585446_53caf6f0ff_m.jpg

And last but not least Lemon drops and Gumdrops. It looks wavy but it isn't! I was trying to hold the needle straight and must have pulled it funny. I used SS in ocean mist and soft yellow.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3503/3468771661_295c65c2d2_m.jpg

They look GREAT! I love the border too! :inlove:

LBECK
04-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Here is a pic of Baby Blue with my section done. I will be sending it out today I hope. I will post confirmation as soon as I get it out.

LBECK
04-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Here is another one closer up. I clicked out too soon and didn't get the second pic in the same post.

The pictures really do not do it justice. The blanket is very beautiful.

MAmaDawn
04-24-2009, 08:42 AM
The pictures really do not do it justice. The blanket is very beautiful.

Then is must gorgeous because it looks very pretty in the picture! Looking forward to seeing it in person.

blkirback
04-24-2009, 09:17 AM
All of the blankets look great!

Sorry I haven't been on here much, it's been a very long 2 weeks. I informed Dawn already but I am going to have to step back from doing blankets for a while. I have moved back to my parents house to try and figure somethings out, I hate being in Michigan but it seems like the only place I can think anymore.

I'm excited today because I have a job interview and I am hoping that all goes well. If you could keep me in your prayers today that it goes great that would be awesome!:hug: :muah:

I hope everyone is doing well. Oh yeah I talk to my yarn too! I try to tell it that it will one day be a great project but I think that all my yarns are mad at me for stuffing them into a trunk for 36 hours because they don't seem to want to untangle and be nice to me!!:pout:

Well, have a great day everyone.

misha rf
04-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Diggers is here! It's really cute!! Will be working on it soon.

lizardknits
04-27-2009, 12:05 AM
i am an inch and a half into my work on winter wonderland blanket and it looks great :D
:)

LBECK
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Baby Blue is on its way to you Dawn. The confirmation number is 03083390000029737635. Happy knitting. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

lizardknits
04-28-2009, 11:04 AM
i now have one row left to do
wow, i've been knitting away at this....
it looks great and I cant wait to share a picture of it before I send it off (i have friends who have digital cameras).

HollyP
04-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Can't wait to see it!!

I had to share this with you guys(or should I say gals) I had a very vivid dream last night about the blankets. In my dream I had 3 or 4 blankets in my knitting bag that needed to be finished. I was feeling guilty since they had been put aside while I have been finishing up this semester. It seemed so real that this morning I woke up and checked my bag to get one of the blankets out to work on before my first class. However my bag was empty. I was so confused as to what had happened to the unfinished blankets. Then I realized the blankets I had dreamed about hadn't even been started yet!:teehee:

kellybigeyes
04-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Can't wait to hear about what the blankets looked liked Holly!!

misha rf
04-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm almost done with Diggers. Who's next?

HollyP
04-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Amanda ( Mrs P.) is next for Diggers.

Kelly-:roflhard:

MrsP
04-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey Guys!

I'm sorry I have been out of touch! I have some medical stuff going on right now and I think I need to take a step back. I think I have over extended myself and I can't do it all. I do still want to help with the blankets, but I am feeling very overwhelmed right now.

I'm so sorry!
Amanda

knitgirl2007
04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi, I am currently not working on any blankets and would be available to knit. I love Blue Boy. Can't wait to see the finished blanket.

Katie
Knitgirl2007

HollyP
04-29-2009, 11:34 AM
:hug: Amanda!! You'll be in my prayers!! I hope everything resolves itself quickly.

Thanks Katie!! I'm sure we will take you up on that!!

Shandeh
04-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Holly, your dream reminds me of the days when I managed ALL the blankets for the entire US. I couldn't think of anything else! :) I used to dream about the blankets also.

That was when I decided to recruit region leaders for the blankets. Now, I am able to dream up new projects for us. (Like the Oddball Pet Snuggles) :thumbsup:

Anyway, I hope that everyone is doing well. It looks like the summer will be slower for all the baby blanket regions. This usually happens every year. Things will speed up again in the fall....I'm sure. :wink:

I'm busy working on finishing up the fullsize Oddball Blankets and Shawls. I'm also seaming together "Many Colors Squares" into blankets and lapghans.

Hopefully, I'll be able to help with our baby blankets again in September. Here's hoping! Crossed Fingers

lizardknits
04-29-2009, 07:23 PM
i finished this morning and left a tail for lisa
I took pictures with my webcam (sorry if the pictures are poor quality)

HollyP
04-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Looks great!!! How did you like the Eco yarn? I keep seeing it but haven't tried knitting with it yet.

lizardknits
04-30-2009, 10:21 AM
its great :)

misha rf
04-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Katie, would you like to work on Diggers? (Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by asking!)

Amanda, I hope your medical stuff works out quickly and well.

HollyP
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I think that is the way to go! If Katie knits the next section, I will knit the last along with the border.

ETA: I was just talking to my sister and she is thinking about joining our group. :woot: She has recently learned to knit and is very interested in what we do!

MAmaDawn
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow this week got away from me here at home and I guess it did here to huh... well when it rains it pours! :roflhard:

i now have one row left to do
wow, i've been knitting away at this....
it looks great and I cant wait to share a picture of it before I send it off (i have friends who have digital cameras).

I'm checking with the next knitter now... it looks great!

Can't wait to see it!!

I had to share this with you guys(or should I say gals) I had a very vivid dream last night about the blankets. In my dream I had 3 or 4 blankets in my knitting bag that needed to be finished. I was feeling guilty since they had been put aside while I have been finishing up this semester. It seemed so real that this morning I woke up and checked my bag to get one of the blankets out to work on before my first class. However my bag was empty. I was so confused as to what had happened to the unfinished blankets. Then I realized the blankets I had dreamed about hadn't even been started yet!:teehee:

I've done stuff like that too. :teehee: And I agree I'd like to know what they looked like.

Hey Guys!

I'm sorry I have been out of touch! I have some medical stuff going on right now and I think I need to take a step back. I think I have over extended myself and I can't do it all. I do still want to help with the blankets, but I am feeling very overwhelmed right now.

I'm so sorry!
Amanda

I completely understand and I will keep you in my prayers. Just let us know when you can knit with us again and if you can keep in touch in the meantime.

Holly, your dream reminds me of the days when I managed ALL the blankets for the entire US. I couldn't think of anything else! :) I used to dream about the blankets also.

That was when I decided to recruit region leaders for the blankets. Now, I am able to dream up new projects for us. (Like the Oddball Pet Snuggles) :thumbsup:

Anyway, I hope that everyone is doing well. It looks like the summer will be slower for all the baby blanket regions. This usually happens every year. Things will speed up again in the fall....I'm sure. :wink:

I'm busy working on finishing up the fullsize Oddball Blankets and Shawls. I'm also seaming together "Many Colors Squares" into blankets and lapghans.

Hopefully, I'll be able to help with our baby blankets again in September. Here's hoping! Crossed Fingers

:yay: Looking forward to having you join us again.

Katie, would you like to work on Diggers? (Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by asking!)

Amanda, I hope your medical stuff works out quickly and well.

I think that is the way to go! If Katie knits the next section, I will knit the last along with the border.

ETA: I was just talking to my sister and she is thinking about joining our group. :woot: She has recently learned to knit and is very interested in what we do!

Nope Misha you are not stepping on any toes... And I do think that's a great idea.

We have one spot open on Lemon Drops and Gum Drops, it's coming to me now. Is there anyone who hasn't knit on this one that would like to.

Holly we would love to have your sister join us. I have another friend here that is going to be doing the border on Baby Blue and I'm going to knit the section. I'm hoping she joins us here soon. It fun to knit on them with someone you see face to face. And if anyone has friends that want to join us and can hand the blanket off to them I can try to put you together on the blankets.

We have several blankets that are getting near the end... I'm excited to see them all!

MAmaDawn
05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
I forgot to say that I'm very excited, I'm going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival tomorrow! :woot: They are calling for rain, but I don't care... that's why I have a poncho... maybe I'll find a drum carder there!

HollyP
05-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Dawn!! Sounds like fun! Good luck finding the carder. I would do a no rain dance for you but I would be afraid it would not rain here and rain there:teehee:

HollyP
05-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Dawn, I was showing my sister Lemondrops tonight. If no one else wants to knit on it she would be more than happy to. I can give it to her and have her send it to you. Let me know if that works for you!

MAmaDawn
05-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks Holly! It's great that she wants to knit on it! I'm glad she's joining us!

And hey maybe the rain will make me more likely to find good deals cuz less people will be there... I can hope right? :teehee:

knitgirl2007
05-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Misha, I am ready to knit on Diggers. I will email you my address.

Katie
knitgirl2007

Shandeh
05-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Have fun at the festival, Dawn! cloud9

HollyP
05-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Hope you are having a great time at the festival Dawn!!

My sister Sharon is happily knitting away on Lemon drops and Gumdrops right now! I told her she needs to come and introduce herself. We don't bite much!:biting: :teehee:

Shandeh
05-02-2009, 11:33 PM
C'mon and talk to us Sharon! :hug:

MAmaDawn
05-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Misha, I am ready to knit on Diggers. I will email you my address.

Katie
knitgirl2007

I just sent it to her too! I did everything I needed to with pms before coming here to read. :teehee:

Hope you are having a great time at the festival Dawn!!

My sister Sharon is happily knitting away on Lemon drops and Gumdrops right now! I told her she needs to come and introduce herself. We don't bite much!:biting: :teehee:

That's right we don't bite much... or that hard... come join us!

And thank you all I did have a good time at the Festival yesterday, we are going back to day. :teehee: This time I'm buying fiber... :teehee:

SharonP
05-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi all!! I'm SharonP, sister of HollyP. I've just recently really fallen in love with knitiing. I've always admired the beautiful blankets that you have been knitting for the deserving children at CHKD. Anyway, i just wanted to say hi to everyone and say that I am thrilled to be joining your group, especially since your numbers have dwindled. I started working on Lemon Drops and Gumdrops over the weekend and hope to be able to finish it off soon. I'm getting loads of help from Holly and my section is coming along nicely. right now my biggest challenge is finding time to knit on it while my long-haired cat Abby is asleep. I definitely don't want her donating any hair to our beautiful work. Thank you so much to Dawn for letting me join you all!! This is all very exciting!!

HollyP
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
:woot: Glad you finally came to say hi Sharon!

Shandeh
05-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Welcome, Sharon! :muah:

MAmaDawn
05-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi all!! I'm SharonP, sister of HollyP. I've just recently really fallen in love with knitiing. I've always admired the beautiful blankets that you have been knitting for the deserving children at CHKD. Anyway, i just wanted to say hi to everyone and say that I am thrilled to be joining your group, especially since your numbers have dwindled. I started working on Lemon Drops and Gumdrops over the weekend and hope to be able to finish it off soon. I'm getting loads of help from Holly and my section is coming along nicely. right now my biggest challenge is finding time to knit on it while my long-haired cat Abby is asleep. I definitely don't want her donating any hair to our beautiful work. Thank you so much to Dawn for letting me join you all!! This is all very exciting!!

Welcome! Thank you for joining us! :grphug::hug:

LBECK
05-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Welcome, Sharon!!

Keeping you in prayers, Amanda.

I have some exciting news to share but it will have to wait til later this afternoon. I must get to work right now as it is 6:41 and I have to be there at 7:00am. Have a good day everyone and knit away.

Shandeh
05-04-2009, 10:23 PM
...I have some exciting news to share but it will have to wait til later this afternoon.....
:tap: :nails:
OK....HOW long are we gonna have to wait? :pout:

LBECK
05-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Ok, I have time this morning to do a bit of chatting. I taught a knitting class over the weekend. It was a 4hr class with 4 more hrs coming in June for a second session. I taught them about the tools of knitting and a little about what yarns I know about and let them experience the feel of some yarns that I have in my stash. Thanks to several of you I have some really cool yarns. Like one homespun in particular that they really enjoyed and some merino wool and some 100% Alpaca. They were very impressed with all of this. Then we went over the abreviations for knitting. Next, we moved on to the long tail cast on, Knit, Purl, and finally binding off. This took every bit of 4 hours to get through it all. They have all been informed about Knittinghelp.com and the video tutorials to help them remember and learn more if they so choose. I told them that they should read some thread especially the charity ones and join if they felt compelled to do so. They are all from Missouri so they would not be in our region if they joined but just the same it would help someone in need. They had homework to practice making small swatches and at least cast on and try a dishcloth which I gave them a pattern for. (EASY) They were very excited to do this and I think one, and maybe even a couple of them have already cast on the dishcloth. In my next session I plan to go over inc., dec., and some simple stitches and have them to buy the supplies and do a project of their choice. Do any of you think I am leaving anything out that should be covered for beginners sessions? I tried to research what the agenda's are for beginner classes online from many different shops that offer them and so far I have done the maximum that I found online. Also I provided the Kits at a very low price. I will take a pic of one of them and post it to show you what all is in it. I don't have a wide variety of things to choose from around here since all we have is a Wal Mart with very little inventory for yarn supplies. We also have a hobby lobby but the needle choices are very small there also.
Any way that was my news. I hope I didn't disappoint you with all of the suspension. I just didn't have the time to type all of this yesterday.

MAmaDawn
05-05-2009, 07:46 AM
That's wonderful, Lisa! I think I'd just try to also talk about how to fix mistakes. And how it's ok to NOT fix SOME mistakes. You know like when you are doing ribbing and you k where you should p but get back on track and don't notice it until 20 rows later. No one else is going to see it, it doesn't stick out, and it doesn't make the ribbing not work, so it's ok to leave it. Of course it's ok to fix it to. I'd mention life lines and how to use them and that they are not just for lace, you can use them in any pattern that you find a challenge. And how much stitch markers can help in pattern repeats. I'd love to teach a class one day.

ETA... and thank you Lisa for the beautiful stitch markers! Wait til you all see these! They are so pretty! I'll post pictures of them when I post pics of Baby Blue finished. It just needs the border now.

HollyP
05-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I was just coming to ask about your news Lisa! That's exciting!!

I can't wait to see Baby Blue! Is it just me or did this blanket move pretty quickly? It seems like I just cast on for it not too long ago.

misha rf
05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi Sharon! Welcome aboard!! :waving:

That's awesome, Lisa! I am in awe of people who have the patience to teach classes. :notworthy:

I haven't had a chance to get to the post office to mail Diggers yet. (I know, bad girl, no biscuit.) But I'll be sending it out tomorrow!!

lizardknits
05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
winter wonderland was sent out yesterday.

the confirmation number is 0304 0320 0005 2219 4616

Shandeh
05-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Great news, Lisa! :woohoo:
I've only taught ONE knitting class, and it was just for 3 people. It's hard to do, because everyone has their own issues, you know. Some are right handed, others are left handed. Some have arthritis, others are just "confused". :teehee:

Do you have internet available at the location of your classes? If you do, you could show them some of the KH videos. :thumbsup:

LBECK
05-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Okay, thanks for all of your feedback. I love it.

Dawn, I did go over how to fix some mistakes that are caught within a few rows. They had a crochet hook in the kit that I put together for fixing mistakes also. I gave instruction on how to pick up a dropped stitch. I did also direct them to KH for help and told them to feel free to register and ask any questions in the How to thread and they would have more than enough people to reply to them.

lizardknits, thanks I can hardly wait.

Sandy, my class is in 2 sessions so I have one more. I am still up in the air about whether or not to continue after this. The four people that I had in my class begged me to have the class, so that they could learn. One of them brought her dishcloth to work today with a couple of problems but she was doing very well. The only thing wrong was a dropped stitch but she didn't know how to recognized it yet. Maybe she will now, I showed her where it was at and she seemed to understand what had happened.

I will keep you all posted as to how it goes. I wanted to take pictures of the class but they asked me not to until next time so I agreed. It was raining so a bad hair day and no one had on their make up. lol

MAmaDawn
05-07-2009, 10:26 PM
On Tuesday my laptop fall on my ankle. It hurt and swelled a little but wasn't that bad. Wednesday Goob stayed home to help me so I could stay off of it and be better today. Well last night it was more swollen than it was Tuesday night. So today I went to the dr. And it's broken right in the joint. They are making an appointment for me with the orthopedic surgeon.

Please pray for God to lead the Dr to whatever is needed. I don't want to have to have Sx, but if that's what I need I want to Dr to see it clearly.

I am on pain meds and they are helping. It still hurts just not near as bad.

Thank you all for the prayers

kellybigeyes
05-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Dawn.. I will be praying for you!! I hope you feel better soon.:pray:

HollyP
05-08-2009, 10:45 AM
:hug: Dawn! You'll be in my prayers!

LBECK
05-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Dawn, that sounds very painfull!:cry: I will pray for you as well.

Drea
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Just wanted to pop in really quickly and let you all know that I recieved "Spring in the Garden" today. I actually forgot it was coming so I am really excited and can't wait to get it started!!

Blessings,
Andrea

LBECK
05-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I received Winter Wonderland today. I must say it is really pretty. Now to decide on a pattern.

SharonP
05-08-2009, 10:26 PM
On Tuesday my laptop fall on my ankle. It hurt and swelled a little but wasn't that bad. Wednesday Goob stayed home to help me so I could stay off of it and be better today. Well last night it was more swollen than it was Tuesday night. So today I went to the dr. And it's broken right in the joint. They are making an appointment for me with the orthopedic surgeon.

Please pray for God to lead the Dr to whatever is needed. I don't want to have to have Sx, but if that's what I need I want to Dr to see it clearly.

I am on pain meds and they are helping. It still hurts just not near as bad.

Thank you all for the prayers

Dawn,
Sorry to hear about your foot!! I'm also sorry I haven't posted in a while. My section of the blanket is almost complete. I should be able to send you it by early next week. Can u please PM me with your address? Thanx!!

MAmaDawn
05-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Again, thank you all for all your prayers. I did find out that knitting lace when you are taking codeine isn't a good idea. That's what mindless knitting is for. I've started a pair of leg warmers in bulky weight yarn cuz I'm going to be in shorts even when it's really too chilly for it. Not using a pattern, just knitting a tube in ribbing. I might just make one though, my right foot is wrapped half way up to my knee so I don't know if that one will need it. At least I won't be needing to leg warmer the whole time. And at least I can still knit. :teehee: Gotta have priorities.. :knitting::thumbsup:

I should know if I need surgery on Tuesday, that's when my appt with the orthopedic surgeon is.

kellybigeyes
05-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers!!

HollyP
05-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Happy Mother's day!!:hug:

Shandeh
05-10-2009, 02:37 PM
On Tuesday my laptop fall on my ankle............
:shock: Dawn! Your poor thing! :pout:
Be very careful with that. Your ankle is a weight-supporting joint, so it's fragile. I'll definitely be praying for you. :pray:

MAmaDawn
05-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm keeping it up pretty much all day. I get up just to get something for the kids that they can't get, which isn't much. For the most part they bring whatever they need help with and whatever I need, like ice for my drink. And I get up to go to the bathroom. It was nice the first few days to be able to relax, but now it's harder, but I'm going to stay off of it. I don't want this to take longer to heal.

I am getting some knitting done. I started and finished a leg warmer since I'm going to have to be in shorts even when it's too cool to wear them. I may wear it today.

I'm also working on a baby hat it was supposed to be for a toddler, but I don't think I've made it big enough. That's ok I'll keep it for another baby or donate it.

Ok sorry I started rambling there. Thanks for all the prayers!

Shandeh
05-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm glad you're taking it easy. :hug:
And isn't it nice to have lots of time to knit? cloud9

HollyP
05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone! I was at my sister Sharon's yesterday and saw Lemon drops and gumdrops. It looks great! I want to brag on my big sis for a minute, this blanket is the first time she has ever changed colors while knitting. She copied Kelly's stripe pattern so she change color 5 times! She confessed she had to frog once due to starting a new color on the wrong side. I'm just so proud of her I had to share!

Shandeh
05-12-2009, 10:45 AM
That's great to hear about your sister!
It's one of the things I love about our Oddball projects....knitters learn new techniques with our blankets. :thumbsup:

LBECK
05-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Holly that is great. I learned soooo much from doing the blankets that I have now started my first sweater. It is just a vest for my 1 year old grandson but a sweater non the less. Big accomplishment for me.

Dawn I hope everything goes well at the surgeon visit.

And I hope everyone had a really nice Mother's day. I did I got pictures of my DGS and they were just beautiful. He is such a joy to look at.

HollyP
05-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Dawn, how did it go with the surgeon yesterday? I'm hoping you have good news!!

Lisa,Your DGS is such a cutie! I love seeing him in your avatar!

SharonP
05-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Thank you Holly!! I jsut wanted to let everyone know that the blanket is en route to Dawn as of 2:30 today. I have the delivery confirmation if you need it!! Happy knitting!! Oh BTW, last night while watching the "Biggest Loser" finale, I got inspired to create my own 80 stitch baby blanket to be given to CHKD with the rest. It is really starting to look good and I'm so proud of myself for starting such a large project!! Knitting rocks!! Hope everyone is doing well!!:happydance:

Hi everyone! I was at my sister Sharon's yesterday and saw Lemon drops and gumdrops. It looks great! I want to brag on my big sis for a minute, this blanket is the first time she has ever changed colors while knitting. She copied Kelly's stripe pattern so she change color 5 times! She confessed she had to frog once due to starting a new color on the wrong side. I'm just so proud of her I had to share!

MAmaDawn
05-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Dawn, how did it go with the surgeon yesterday? I hoping you have good news!!

Lisa,Your DGS is such a cutie! I love seeing him in your avatar!

I agree Lisa, he's very cute!

I do have good news Holly! It's not broken! What looks like a break is really a from an injury that didn't heal properly before. I don't remember ever hurting my ankle like that, but I'm glad it not a break. He wants to see how it looks after it heals from the laptop, cuz it still really hurts from that and he said that it's a sprain. But that it's been long enough that I can walk on it, just don't over do it. So I'm still taking it easy. And staying off of it mostly. I use the crutches if I have to be up and it's bothering me. He also put a brace on it that's helping too.

Thank you all for all the prayers and support. It's wonderful to be working with such a great group!

Thank you Holly!! I jsut wanted to let everyone know that the blanket is en route to Dawn as of 2:30 today. I have the delivery confirmation if you need it!! Happy knitting!! Oh BTW, last night while watching the "Biggest Loser" finale, I got inspired to create my own 80 stitch baby blanket to be given to CHKD with the rest. It is really starting to look good and I'm so proud of myself for starting such a large project!! Knitting rocks!! Hope everyone is doing well!!:happydance:

I'll be looking for it. And that's wonderful to be making a blanket for them!

kellybigeyes
05-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Dawn... I'm so happy for the wonderful news. I hope it continues to do well.

HollyP
05-13-2009, 11:23 PM
:woot: That's great news Dawn!!!

I hope you all are having the same beautiful weather we have been having. It finally feels like spring!! I have been having such a hard time staying inside to do all the inside chores. My laundry pile is entirely too large but my front yard is newly weeded and mulched. I figure I can always do laundry when it rains or gets too hot!:teehee:

LBECK
05-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Dawn, I am glad that your ankle is not broken. Thank you all for the compliments on my DGS we think he is pretty special and cute also, and we are not a bit biased. lol He is a great inspiration for my knitting. I have started him a sweater vest in Sunnyboy (baby bee) a bright yellow. His Momma likes him in yellow. It will be my first sweater ever. So wish me luck.:woohoo:

Holly, as for the weather where we are we have had nothing but rain for several days now give or take a few pretty but windy ones. I am glad that someone is having pretty weather. Enjoy.

Sharon, great for you that you are venturing a blanket of your own to give that is quite a project.

Shandeh
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Great news! :woohoo:

SharonP
05-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Great news! :woohoo:

Dawn, that is great news!! I hope this makes everyone laugh. I have a serious problem as a knitter now. I can't find time to read because I'm so into my knitting!! Holly suggested books on tape, which I might have to try. By the way to any Stephenie Meyer fans out there, The host is as amazing as the Twilight series and I highly recommend it!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!:grphug:

Moxiemade
05-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I sorta fell off the face of the 'net.. I sorta got distracted for a few months. Got married, got a new job, that kinda thing. ;) Finally getting some time here to knit up a storm again. I'd love to jump back in to knitting on some blankets if they are still going. :knitting:

:aww:

HollyP
05-15-2009, 06:58 PM
:hug:Good to see you again!! Congratulations on your marriage and new job!!!:balloons:

I think we are going to start a few new blankets soon. We are just waiting for a few to be finished. 4 or 5 are at the last knitter or on the way to the last knitter!:happydance:

MAmaDawn
05-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I sorta fell off the face of the 'net.. I sorta got distracted for a few months. Got married, got a new job, that kinda thing. ;) Finally getting some time here to knit up a storm again. I'd love to jump back in to knitting on some blankets if they are still going. :knitting:

:aww:

:cheering: Glad to have you back. I have wondered what was keeping you away.

Congrats! On both getting married and on the new job.

We will be starting a few new ones. I'm glad you are coming back to join us in time get be a part of the new ones coming up.

Speaking of the new blankets... Finding Nemo is the only one that we will still be working on in a Month.. so lets plan what ones we want to do next.

I think we should stagger them so that they we have some going through the summer but not a lot. We ca pick back up in Sept and add more blankets.

I think 5 total will be a good amount for summer. We can add more if we get through them fast, but I don't want to put too many out there.

I'd like to start one... I got some cupcake yarn that was on sale for 99 cents. I was thinking that it would be cute if we all used the cupcake yarn, whatever color you want and all did just plain garter stitch. It's bouclé but not loopy like pooch yarn is. Here (http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/yarnInfo.cgi?yarnPage=1694592)is a pic from lion brand. I got a few skiens of it so I can send some people it and it was at Micheal's that I got it so it might be on sale at your Micheal's too.

Holly you wanted to make the bee-utiful blanket. It had the bee stitch.

We can plan the summer blankets and then start some of them when the others are going well.

Sound like a good idea to everyone else? What other blankets would you like to make?

HollyP
05-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Sounds great!!:woot: I love when we start new blankets!!!!!

kellybigeyes
05-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Dawn... I would love to work on the cupcake blanket!! However, I do not have a Michael's near me. The closest one is 2 1/2 hours away and I have never even been there, so I would need some yarn if possible, or I could order it online. I would love to start one also. I think I am supposed to be the last knitter on Spring in the Garden. I guess I could keep those needles and use them to start another one. Just let me know.

Thanks!

MAmaDawn
05-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Dawn, that is great news!! I hope this makes everyone laugh. I have a serious problem as a knitter now. I can't find time to read because I'm so into my knitting!! Holly suggested books on tape, which I might have to try. By the way to any Stephenie Meyer fans out there, The host is as amazing as the Twilight series and I highly recommend it!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!:grphug:

I haven't read or listened to any of her books. But I LOVE audio books. And if you find you like them I highly recommend a subscriptions to audible.com. You can get one or 2 downloads a month and if you don't download it on the 2 a month you can have up to 6 downloads that are saved, so it's not a completely use or lose type subscription. You can also hear the reader before you download it. Which can make a difference. I've been listening to the Wheel of Time series and love it.

In addition to the first 6 books in the Wheel of Time series (Goob has downloaded some of those and I've downloaded others, we each have a subscription) I've also downloaded Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and the New and Old Testaments, Eragon, Little Women, and Love Comes Softly (VERY different from the Movie).

I've found with the subscription it's cheaper than if I bought the books and often we listen to one of the books at night instead of watching something we have on DVD.

Are there other series that you like?

MAmaDawn
05-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Dawn... I would love to work on the cupcake blanket!! However, I do not have a Michael's near me. The closest one is 2 1/2 hours away and I have never even been there, so I would need some yarn if possible, or I could order it online. I would love to start one also. I think I am supposed to be the last knitter on Spring in the Garden. I guess I could keep those needles and use them to start another one. Just let me know.

Thanks!

I will add you to Cupcake. You are the last knitter on Spring in the Garden, if you want to start one with those needles that would be great, it would be a preemie blanket and I like that we will have another one.

When it's your turn to knit on cupcake just let me know if you are going to order it online or want me to send one to you. I think the other stores like AC Moore and Hobby Lobby (is that right? is that then name of it?) and Ben Franklin's (if there are any left) may have it too. But I'm happy to send some to anyone that needs it. I'm starting it with Sugarplum and will have some of the one I'm using and the other one left of that one and Blueberry, I have 2 of this one also. But the Blueberry isn't as dark as it's coming up on my screen.

HollyP
05-17-2009, 11:20 AM
I'll take a look at my Micheal's in the next day or so for the Cupcake. I haven't been in a while. I was organizing my stash and realized I have A LOT more yarn than I thought I did! I've sort of put myself on a yarn diet. It's not a super strict diet as I really can't resist getting great deals on yarn!

SharonP
05-17-2009, 05:59 PM
I haven't read or listened to any of her books. But I LOVE audio books. And if you find you like them I highly recommend a subscriptions to audible.com. You can get one or 2 downloads a month and if you don't download it on the 2 a month you can have up to 6 downloads that are saved, so it's not a completely use or lose type subscription. You can also hear the reader before you download it. Which can make a difference. I've been listening to the Wheel of Time series and love it.

In addition to the first 6 books in the Wheel of Time series (Goob has downloaded some of those and I've downloaded others, we each have a subscription) I've also downloaded Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and the New and Old Testaments, Eragon, Little Women, and Love Comes Softly (VERY different from the Movie).

I've found with the subscription it's cheaper than if I bought the books and often we listen to one of the books at night instead of watching something we have on DVD.

Are there other series that you like?

Dawn,
Why did you have to ask me such a hard question? I'm an avid reader and have been for years. I guess my fav series books that I always read lately are Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books( hilarious), James Patterson's Women's Murder Club( full of action and suspense), and I'm going to start rereading J.D. Robb( Nora Roberts)'s In Death series( futuristic romantic suspense). I don't know if any of these would appeal to you, but I highly recommend them!! Warning: Janet is up to number 15 this summer, James has 8 WMC books, and Nora Roberts has well over 25 in her series. Hope you are doing well!!

SharonP
05-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Dawn,
Why did you have to ask me such a hard question? I'm an avid reader and have been for years. I guess my fav series books that I always read lately are Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books( hilarious), James Patterson's Women's Murder Club( full of action and suspense), and I'm going to start rereading J.D. Robb( Nora Roberts)'s In Death series( futuristic romantic suspense). I don't know if any of these would appeal to you, but I highly recommend them!! Warning: Janet is up to number 15 this summer, James has 8 WMC books, and Nora Roberts has well over 25 in her series. Hope you are doing well!!

Okay so I'm sitting here laughing at myselfbecause I forgot to say that if you are sending Cupcakes to VA, I would love to help out. I was planning on heading to Michael's on Tuesday to get more yarn for the preemie blanket I am working on. OR maybe Holly and I can go to Michael's tomorrow while we are out and about?!!( hint, hint!!) Thanks for dealing with my slight stupidity. :teehee:

HollyP
05-25-2009, 08:47 AM
No one has posted in over a week!:noway: Hope all is well with everyone!

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!!

LBECK
05-25-2009, 05:06 PM
All is well here. I was wondering the same thing as I have checked the site many times during the last week. I just thought maybe with the holiday everyone was busy,

MAmaDawn
05-25-2009, 06:23 PM
That's what it's been with me... been busy. We open our pool and I understand why people pay others to open it for them... not going to do that, but I do understand. The water is still cold, hopefully the solar blanket will warm it up.