PDA

View Full Version : Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

MAmaDawn
03-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Thank you Holly, Kelly and Brenda!

HollyP
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Debbie and Lisa, did you receive the needles yet? I sent them on Monday afternoon.

LBECK
03-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I did get mine and I am trying to come up with a blanket I can't find my to pick one from so if anyone has any ideas just throw them out here. I will try to come up with something within the next week and get it out there.

Dawn, I hope you feel better soon. Congratulations to you and your family.

HollyP
03-28-2010, 11:39 PM
You know we haven't done a rainbow one yet....neon or other wise. We also haven't had a lot of boy themed ones. Somehow we have ended up with quite a few girly blankets.

auburnchick
03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi all!

I wanted to thank the group for the two blankets that I received last week. The blankets have already been gifted. I wanted to share the hug that I received from one gal...

:hug:

I hope you know that your efforts really do go a long way. The girls who receive these blankets are immensely grateful and touched that people knit for those they don't know.

Thanks again for sharing!!!

:muah:

Howdovely
03-30-2010, 07:23 AM
My favorite one was the neon rainbow bordered in black. I think that was done a few years ago, before we split the group into regions.

If there are more needles, I'd more than happy to start a boy one. I have a few different shades of blue just begging to be used!

You know we haven't done a rainbow one yet....neon or other wise. We also haven't had a lot of boy themed ones. Somehow we have ended up with quite a few girly blankets.

Debbie
03-30-2010, 11:06 AM
I got the needles !!! I will start two boy blankets, I have lots of blue yarn. I will come up with names and let you know when I need an address to send to! Congratulations, Dawn !

MAmaDawn
03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
How about for one of the boy blankets Sailor Boy? If you guys like other ones better that's fine too, just an idea I had as I logged on here.

So we have Debbie starting 2 blankets, Brenda and Lisa starting one... Holly are you starting one also?

Let me see if I can find the list. Ok I've looked though a bunch of pages and haven't found it yet, going to keep looking but want to get this posted.

If you guys can say prayer for me I would really be very grateful. My m/s has gotten a little worse. It's still not anywhere near as bad as before, with all 3 other ones I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG). Now I still feel sick most of the time, but I am able to keep most of my food and drink down. This is how I felt before while taking Zofran. While I don't like feeling this way I can handle it and I'm thankful that I'm not as sick as before. Really I just don't want it to get worse like it was before. But by this time before I had been on meds for several weeks already.

Hi all!

I wanted to thank the group for the two blankets that I received last week. The blankets have already been gifted. I wanted to share the hug that I received from one gal...

I hope you know that your efforts really do go a long way. The girls who receive these blankets are immensely grateful and touched that people knit for those they don't know.

Thanks again for sharing!!!

Thank you for sharing, I'm so glad we could help!

MAmaDawn
03-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Of course a few mins after I posted that I find it... if I had known that's all it took then I would have posted it sooner... :roflhard:

Smurfy
Lucky Charms
Primary colors
diagonal rainbow
A neon one
birds
fruit salad
Little Mermaid
Sunset
Tip-Toe in the Tulips
Blue Sky
Skittles
Splish Slash
Little Boy Blue
Little Bo Peep
Puddin'
Dinosaur
Cinderella
Blue Ridge Mountains
Olivia - using chocolate - soft pink - and offwhite
Charles - using chocolate - baby blue- and offwhite
All that glitters
Ballband (Baby Brick or blocks)

I think I took off all the ones we have done, if I missed some let me know... I'm also gonig to save this in the spread sheet that I keep track of all the blankets in so we don't have to go searching every time. I found it on page 20, but I have my pages set to have the max amount of posts per page so it will be different if you have it set to a different amount.

CivicSista
04-01-2010, 07:58 AM
I have a lot of blue yarn as well- add me to a couple.

Howdovely
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Sounds great! Looking forward to starting one! Yay!

kellybigeyes
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
You can take Splish Splash off of that list... I almost have it ready to mail... I'll let you you know when it's ready!

kellybigeyes
04-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Splish Splash is done and ready to mail!!:woohoo: Just need an address to who it needs to go to!!

Thanks!

MAmaDawn
04-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Splish Splash is done and ready to mail!!:woohoo: Just need an address to who it needs to go to!!

Thanks!

Awesome I'll check with the next knitter now... and I've taken it off the list I saved now.. :)

Sounds great! Looking forward to starting one! Yay!

Great what do you want to name it?

CivicSista
04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
You can add me to a blanket, when ever you need a knitter.

Debbie
04-06-2010, 04:50 PM
I will start "Blue Sky" and "Little Boy Blue" !

CivicSista
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM

Can you add me to one or both of those?

Howdovely
04-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Hmmm.... I'll have to check the blog to see what's already been used.
When I think of something, I'll post it here!

Great what do you want to name it?

LBECK
04-07-2010, 06:21 PM
I am sooo glad to see this thread jumping. I was afraid we were a dying breed.... not really I know everyone has been busy and working on several blankets still... I will start one and how about we do one called Sesame Street and use the primary colors idea from the list to represent the characters on Sesame Street? If that is okay with everyone I will get started with Elmo red. I will make the card and you can write the color and character on the card so that it may be used as a learning too for a young one.

MAmaDawn
04-07-2010, 06:53 PM

Great! I've got both started

Can you add me to one or both of those?

I've added you to both and Sesame Street... do you want to do all 3?

I am sooo glad to see this thread jumping. I was afraid we were a dying breed.... not really I know everyone has been busy and working on several blankets still... I will start one and how about we do one called Sesame Street and use the primary colors idea from the list to represent the characters on Sesame Street? If that is okay with everyone I will get started with Elmo red. I will make the card and you can write the color and character on the card so that it may be used as a learning too for a young one.

I really like that idea!

Oh and Brenda I missed hitting the quote on your post.... can't wait to see what name you come up with.

HollyP
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I can't wait to see the new blankets that are starting!
Sesame Street sounds perfect! Great idea Lisa!!

ETA: Dawn go ahead and put me at the end &/ border of any of the blankets.

kellybigeyes
04-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I got Banana Split and Splish Splash mailed today!! :woohoo: I have the conf. #'s if we need them!!

LBECK
04-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Great!! I will get started on Sesame Street then. You can put me on some more if you want to. Remember I can crochet and I don't mind finishing.

Shandeh
04-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Just catching up. Congratulations on your little one on the way, Dawn! :muah:

Howdovely
04-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Perfect! I'll be on the lookout for Banana Split!
Just wanted to let you know that I got Banana Split and Splish Splash mailed today!! :woohoo: I have the conf. #'s if we need them!!

MAmaDawn
04-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Awesome everyone! I've added all that wanted to be added so far. We still have room on all the blankets, so anyone else want to do some just let me know.

HollyP
04-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to put a quick note in to say I probably won't be around much in the next two weeks and that the blog might get a little behind. My brother is getting married on the 24th and as the quasi wedding planner my life has been busy. I thought the family of the groom was supposed to get it easy:teehee:

I will still be getting the email updates and PMs. I haven't left permanently and I promise once this wedding is over I will be back.

Howdovely
04-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Received Banana Split today! I can probably start my section tonight - I'm pretty sure I have the perfect yarn for it.

WandaT
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
I received Splish Splash today and have done a few rows on it. Should be able to get it out to the next person pretty soon. :)

WandaT
04-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Splish Splash is done. Who's next on the list Mama Dawn? :)

MAmaDawn
04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to put a quick note in to say I probably won't be around much in the next two weeks and that the blog might get a little behind. My brother is getting married on the 24th and as the quasi wedding planner my life has been busy. I thought the family of the groom was supposed to get it easy:teehee:

I will still be getting the email updates and PMs. I haven't left permanently and I promise once this wedding is over I will be back.

Have fun Holly!

Received Banana Split today! I can probably start my section tonight - I'm pretty sure I have the perfect yarn for it.

Thanks for letting me know.... looking forward to seeing your section.

Splish Splash is done. Who's next on the list Mama Dawn? :)

Awesome, I'll check with the next knitter. Don't forget to post pics. :)

Howdovely
04-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Started my section of Banana Split yesterday. It's a very busy week or so for me with Furniture Market going on right now. It may take me just a little longer than planned to finish it up, but it is my knitting priority! I finally got a camera (actually, scammed it off the boyfriend!) so hopefully I can post a pic of it when I'm done.

LBECK
04-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I have started "Sesame Street" with "Elmo" Red still in search of the perfect pic for a card but I am sure by the time I get my section of the blanket done I will have it ready.

Debbie
04-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I have "blue sky" ready to send and "little boy blue" almost done ! I am ready for the addresses of the second knitter on each of them and will take pix before I send :)

LBECK
04-24-2010, 06:36 PM
I am finished with the "Elmo" red section of "Sesame Street". Dawn if you could let the next knitter know and send me an address, it is ready to go. And here are a couple of pics.

Howdovely
04-25-2010, 09:59 AM
I finished Banana Split yesterday. Who's next?

WandaT
04-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Just a reminder that Splish Splash is ready to go to the next knitter. Here's a pic of it so far ...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3467/4559879947_fd033f9949.jpg

kellybigeyes
04-28-2010, 10:49 AM
LOVE it!! It looks great!!

LBECK
04-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Both of these are really great. I absolutely love working on these blankets and watching them come together.

ewalker
05-03-2010, 02:23 PM
I would like to participate in the knitting of some of these blankets. I
am from GA so that places me in your area. I really do not know what I am doing so who knows if you will get this post or not.

Have fun Holly!

Thanks for letting me know.... looking forward to seeing your section.

Awesome, I'll check with the next knitter. Don't forget to post pics. :)

LBECK
05-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Welcome, ewalker you did it just right. The is the most awesome thing to do ever.

biztec
05-04-2010, 07:11 AM
I haven't worked on anything for a while (MamaDawn I think I'm up for at least one border) and I'm missing the blankies. If it will be a while before the ones needing borders arrive, you can add me to the list of knitters on one.

Hugs,
Burma

Debbie
05-04-2010, 08:16 AM
I have two started and still need addresses ! Blue Sky and Little Boy Blue.

ewalker
05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Just Lovely
Just a reminder that Splish Splash is ready to go to the next knitter. Here's a pic of it so far ...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3467/4559879947_fd033f9949.jpg

ewalker
05-04-2010, 01:12 PM
I am in GA also, not far from Atlanta. Where are you.

Just Lovely

LBECK
05-06-2010, 09:15 PM
If you are asking me, I am in Arkansas, Northeast of Little Rock.

MAmaDawn
05-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey guys... sorry I dropped the ball there... this trimester has been hard.

So we have Seasme Street, Little Boy Blue, Blue Sky and Banana Split all ready go move on right? Did I miss any?

I'm going to check with the next knitter for each of them and then send out pm's with addresses.

Shandeh
05-10-2010, 07:22 PM
I hope your pregnancy goes smoother for you soon, Dawn!
:heart: :muah: :heart:

LBECK
05-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks, Dawn, I hope things get better for you soon.

Howdovely
05-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I am putting Banana Split in the mail tomorrow. I meant to mail it last week, but.............
Sorry!

Howdovely
05-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Do we have any preemie blankets going, or is that a different blog/thread?

Howdovely
05-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Banana Split is in the mail! I have the tracking number at work if it's needed. Sorry it took so long!

I am having surgery on Friday so will start a new one that's been named "Bayou Dreams". I'll have a few days of recouping off my feet, so I'm thinking I'll be able to get caught up on some projects.

We'll need a list of knitters for it. I know we were short on boy-ish blankets, so this one will be started in a nice smokey blue.

I'll get it the first section done and then give it to knitgirl2007 (Katie) since she's close to me, but we'll need more on the list!

Hope it was ok to just run with it! If we aren't ready to circulate another blanket, I'll get it back from her when she's done and hold onto it until its ready to be mailed.

Brenda

MAmaDawn
05-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Thank you all, those that said it here and in pm, sorry I forgot to say thank you in my replies.... was blanket focused... lol. I am getting better and a big sign of that was that I'm knitting again. It got so bad there for a while that I wasn't even doing that. My body just does not like all those hormone. And I pretty much disappear everywhere. And I'm now in my 2nd trimester so should really have a turn around and I'm starting to see it. :)

Brenda that's great with the new blanket! And I love the name! Hope you do well with your surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers.

We have some opening on other blankets too.

Blue Sky
Debbie
CivicSista
HollyP
need 2 knitters
LBECK
Border: LBECK

Little Boy Blue
Debbie
LBECK
need a knitter
CivicSista
need a knitter
HollyP
Border: Holly P

Seaseme Street
LBECK
Biztec
CivicSista
need 2 knitters
Holly P

Bayou Dreams
Howdovely
Knitgirl2007
need 4 knitters
need a border

Let me know wish ones you want to knit on. :)

MAmaDawn
05-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Do we have any preemie blankets going, or is that a different blog/thread?

Sorry I forgot to answer this one. We have done some, but none are preemie right now.

Debbie
05-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Mama, so glad you are feeling better!
Please put me on Sesame Street either 4th or 5th and I will be the last knitter and border on Bayou Dreams.
Thanks for the address for Little Boy Blue, I will take a picture and send it out. Blue Sky is ready for CivicSista whenever you can get her address to me :)
You are the best for organizing our little blankies !!!!!!

kellybigeyes
05-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Hello Everyone!! I think I am going to hold off on knitting on any of these for the time being... however, if there is a spot that is needing to filled... feel free to ask me about it!! I have been having a few complications with the pregnancy. I am 25 weeks and I have already been in the hospital once and on bedrest for a week. I am now free of "strict" bedrest, but I still have to take it easy. I am been having contractions for 8 weeks now. They kicked it into high gear a couple weeks ago and thats why I was sent to the hospital. Everything seems to be getting better... but we still need to be extra cautious. I have still been having some but not enough to really cause any problems. I have been instructed by the Dr to take it as easy as possible, avoid stressful situations and I can't lift my daughter (who just turned 3 this week)!! So please keep me and the baby in your prayers... and I will let you know if I can be added to a blanket later down the road.

Thanks!!

MAmaDawn
05-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear this ones been hard Kelly... I will be praying.

Shandeh
05-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Hang in there, Kelly! I'll be praying for you and your family.
:heart: :muah: :heart:

LBECK
05-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Dawn, I am glad to hear that things are looking up for you I hope you keep in that direction.

Kelly, I hope things get better for you and your family soon.

WandaT
05-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Banana Split received ... thanks!

WandaT
05-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Banana Split is done. I'll get it out this week if you'll PM me the next knitters addy! :)

MAmaDawn
05-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Banana Split is done. I'll get it out this week if you'll PM me the next knitters addy! :)

WOW! That was super fast... I'll check with the next knitter.

Debbie
05-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Blue Sky and Little Boy Blue are snug in their mailing envelopes and will go to the post office tomorrow ! Can't wait to see what everyone adds. Top two are "Blue Sky" and the bottom two are "Little Boy Blue".

Shandeh
05-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Mmmmmmm....I can almost smell those flowers!
:heart: :heart: http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/16.gif :heart: :heart:

MAmaDawn
05-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Debbie those a beautiful!

ewalker
05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Which one do you still have openings on, I am willing to work on any or all.
Elaine
Thank you all, those that said it here and in pm, sorry I forgot to say thank you in my replies.... was blanket focused... lol. I am getting better and a big sign of that was that I'm knitting again. It got so bad there for a while that I wasn't even doing that. My body just does not like all those hormone. And I pretty much disappear everywhere. And I'm now in my 2nd trimester so should really have a turn around and I'm starting to see it. :)

Brenda that's great with the new blanket! And I love the name! Hope you do well with your surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers.

We have some opening on other blankets too.

Blue Sky
Debbie
CivicSista
HollyP
need 2 knitters
LBECK

Little Boy Blue
Debbie
LBECK
need a knitter
CivicSista
need a knitter
HollyP

Seaseme Street
LBECK
Biztec
CivicSista
need 2 knitters
Holly P

Bayou Dreams
Howdovely
Knitgirl2007
need 4 knitters
need a border

Let me know wish ones you want to knit on. :)

LBECK
05-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I put Sesame Street in the mail on Tuesday to Biztec. Confirmation is 03081400000065118681. Happy Knitting.

WandaT
05-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Splish Splash and Banana Split are in the mail. I have delivery confirmation numbers if needed.

Debbie
05-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Blue Sky and Little Boy Blue have delivery confirmation, too .... um .... somewhere in my purse, or car, or on my desk ....

knitgirl2007
05-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, finally have Bee-utiful in the mail to Biztec. I am working on Bayou Dreams and will be ready to mail this week.

Katie
knitgirl2007

knitgirl2007
05-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Forgot to mention that I will be willing to knit on any of the new blankets. Just add me to an empty space.

Katie

LBECK
05-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I received Little Boy Blue in the mail on Saturday. I have started but only got two rows of garter on there still trying to come up with a pattern to go well with Debbie's. :woohoo:

biztec
05-25-2010, 07:11 AM
I put Sesame Street in the mail on Tuesday to Biztec. Confirmation is 03081400000065118681. Happy Knitting.

I received it and am almost finished. BTW Thank you!! I decided to do Big Bird. I'll post pix when it's finished.

MamaDawn, you can put me on any list that needs additional knitters.

Hugs,
Burma

CivicSista
05-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Where is a good place to learn some new knitting patterns for these blankets? I usually only do garter stitch.

biztec
05-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, finally have Bee-utiful in the mail to Biztec. I am working on Bayou Dreams and will be ready to mail this week.

Katie
knitgirl2007

Hey Katie,

I received it today. Do we have any color restrictions? I can't find the post containing the original discussion of this one.

CivicSista
05-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Received Blue sky yesterday. Hopefully will get started on it tomorrow.

Howdovely
05-26-2010, 06:56 PM
No color restrictions on Bayou Dreams, but I started it in blue because there had been a post that the last bunch of blankets wound up girlie.
Brenda

Hey Katie,

I received it today. Do we have any color restrictions? I can't find the post containing the original discussion of this one.

biztec
05-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Sorry I didn't post the blankets

Thank you Kelly, I am taking it easy and the prayers are most welcome!

Here are he blankets now:

Banana Split
LBECK
KellyBigEyes
MamaDawn
WandaT
need a knitter
HollyP
Border: HollyP

Cupcake using Cupcake (http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/cupcake.html)yarn from Lion brand
MamaDawn
Drea
need a knitter
Kellybigeyes
LBECK
Knitgirl2007
Border: Biztec

Bee-utiful using the Bee stitch (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/beestitchcloth.html)
HollyP
Howdovely
LBECK
Knitgirl2007
need a knitter
MamaDawn
Border: Biztec

Splish Splash
Kellybigeyes
Howdovely
Knitgirl2007
WandaT
need a knitter
LBECK
LBECK

I know that some of you are willing to work on more than I signed you up for but I wanted to make sure that everyone that wants to knit on one gets to. The order may change too, but I'll post the updates when they come.

Dawn,

Would it be possible for the beginning knitter to jot down the list of knitters on a project before sending it on? If everyone thinks it's safe, we could also include the addresses.

I keep forgetting whether I'm knitting or doing the border. I just knitted a whole section on Bee-utiful after which I noticed that it seemed kind of long. i did a search on the board and found this post. Seems I'm to be doing a border instead!

Also, could we include in the instructions the one about the colors to avoid for the border? I think green was one of them.

Of course, if none of you are quite the doofus I am, you might not need any of this!!!

biztec
05-27-2010, 07:57 AM
No color restrictions on Bayou Dreams, but I started it in blue because there had been a post that the last bunch of blankets wound up girlie.
Brenda

Thanks, Brenda, but I'm working on the border for Bee-utiful, which has lots of different colors. I'm pretty sure we were to stay away from green, but I don't know if there were other colors to avoid.

Also, please let the guys doing the borders know if you want a blanket to be earmarked for a boy or girl because crocheted borders are always going to look girlie.

Anybody know whether Bee-utiful should be bordered for a boy or girl? Thanks all!!!!

biztec
05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Where is a good place to learn some new knitting patterns for these blankets? I usually only do garter stitch.

I have the Perpetual Calendar "365 Knitting Stitches A Year", which has some I've never heard of. It's a fun resource, but if you don't understand one of the directions, you can always find a YouTube demonstration online. Don't you just love technology?

HollyP
05-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi all! I'm finally back. For some reason I wasn't receiving updates so I had no idea so much was going on! I'm going to try to get the blog up to date this afternoon.

Burma, I'm going to try to answer some of the questions/concerns you have.

"Also, please let the guys doing the borders know if you want a blanket to be earmarked for a boy or girl because crocheted borders are always going to look girlie."
I don't think that is necessarily true. A simple crocheted border in the right color can be masculine. I think most of the blankets you can tell which way they are leaning and do a border accordingly. There also maybe really good gender neutral blankets that should remain that way instead of being pushed one way or the other. Not all people are crazy about pink for girls and blue for boys.

"Anybody know whether Bee-utiful should be bordered for a boy or girl? Thanks all!!!!"
Do whatever color(s) you think will bring the blanket together best.

"Would it be possible for the beginning knitter to jot down the list of knitters on a project before sending it on? If everyone thinks it's safe, we could also include the addresses."
The only problem I can see with this is by having the addresses people might forget to check in and there ultimately could be confusion about who has which blanket. But if everyone else agrees I am game. I agree that the list of knitters and what they are doing is a good idea.

"I keep forgetting whether I'm knitting or doing the border. I just knitted a whole section on Bee-utiful after which I noticed that it seemed kind of long. i did a search on the board and found this post. Seems I'm to be doing a border instead!"
It's OK if they are a little shorter or longer. Babies come in all sizes!!

"Also, could we include in the instructions the one about the colors to avoid for the border? I think green was one of them."
The colors to avoid on the borders are green and yellow. This also goes for the first and last section when at all possible. The hospital has found that these colors can make babies look sicker. I know this to be true, my niece was wearing a yellow onesie one day and she looked so jaundiced.

Of course, if none of you are quite the doofus I am, you might not need any of this!!![/quote]
You're not a doofus you just had questions! It is so much better to ask than to feel confused and frustrated!

HollyP
05-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I like this site (http://www.knittingfool.com/pages/thumbs.guest.cfm?Sort=None&Gallery=None&StartRow=1&PageNum=1) .There are also a lot of free stitch patterns online. Here is a Google search I did (http://www.google.com/search?q=free+knitting+stitch+patterns&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a).

kellybigeyes
05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I like the idea of adding the names of the people that are to knit on the blanket... but I DO NOT want my address put down. Seems kinda weird!! But I'm just weird like that I guess!! LOL

Does anyone know the status of the Cupcake blanket?

LBECK
05-27-2010, 05:27 PM
I am with Kelly on not putting the address on the list. I do, agree with the list of knitters though, I think it will save some time in looking them up when they might not be posted on the blog yet.

Also, I agree with Holly on the colors and crocheted borders. I think when I did a gender neutral I did just a simple single crochet around a couple of times and it was not really girlie at all. I have also, crocheted boy blankets and used certain patterns that had scallops and they were not seen as girlie because of the colorway of the blanket.

Howdovely
06-05-2010, 08:10 AM
I like the idea of putting names with the blanket but without the addressess.

But what would happen if the order changes, or if someone needs to drop off and we add someone else? I guess whoever has the blanket can just make a new list, huh?

Howdovely
06-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Oops, I forgot to say that I got Splish Splash from Katie the other night. I picked out a color and will start it this weekend. I'll be sure to finish before Wednesday because I'm flying home on Thursday for a long weekend.
Can I get the next knitters info soon, just so I have it all ready to plop in the mail as soon as it's done?
Thanks!

(I just checked the blog -- Hmmm.... either the order is wrong, or we goofed. Katie (knitgirl2007) and I (howdovely) live near each other and we had been able to hand off the last 2 or 3 blankets to each other. We wound up handing off Splish Splash also, but I just noticed I was not after her! Sorry! Hope this doesn't mess up anyone to badly.....)

Debbie
06-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I just love knitting on these blankets !!! Please put me on Banana Split after Wanda T and also on Splish Splash, also after Wanda... unless there are knitters who have been waiting for a blanket.

LBECK
06-08-2010, 09:47 PM
I have finished with Little Boy Blue. Here are the pics and I need the next knitter and the address to send it to.

CivicSista
06-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Blue sky is almost ready to go, should be done by end of this week. Life decided to play catch up this past week so have been super busy.
Let me know where I should send it to: Thanks

LBECK
06-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about Dawn or why she has not been on in a while? Just concerned that she might not be feeling well.

HollyP
06-13-2010, 03:07 PM
I have finished with Little Boy Blue. Here are the pics and I need the next knitter and the address to send it to.
We had an opening here so I talked to SharonP and she is ready and waiting to work on it. I'll send you a PM.

Blue sky is almost ready to go, should be done by end of this week. Life decided to play catch up this past week so have been super busy.
Let me know where I should send it to: Thanks
Life always seems to get in the way doesn't it! According to the last list I could find on here that would be me, I'll send you a PM.

Does anyone know anything about Dawn or why she has not been on in a while? Just concerned that she might not be feeling well.
I sent her an email last week and haven't heard back. I hope everything is OK.

Debbie
06-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Lisa, Your addition to Little Boy Blue is WONDERFUL !!!!!!

Shandeh
06-14-2010, 08:19 AM
I haven't heard from her either.
I will send an offsite email.

knitgirl2007
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I have Bayou Dreams ready for the next available knitter. I think this blanket has not been posted to the list of blankets to sign up for because Brenda started it and passed on to me. Let me know where to send it and I will put it in the mail.

I am available to knit on another blanket if one is ready.

Keep cool!!

Knitgirl2007

HollyP
06-14-2010, 07:48 PM
As far as I can tell there is a need for 4 knitters and a border for Bayou Dreams. Any volunteers??

HollyP
06-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone! I'm going out of town for a long weekend and will have limited internet access. See you all on Monday.

CivicSista
06-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Have fun!

ewalker
06-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I would love to help. I will be out of town until Mon. so no e-mail contact till then.:)
As far as I can tell there is a need for 4 knitters and a border for Bayou Dreams. Any volunteers??

HollyP
06-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I would love to help. I will be out of town until Mon. so no e-mail contact till then.:)
Thanks so much!

Any other volunteers? We still need 3 and a border. I'll be happy to do the last section and the border if no one else wants to. So I guess I should say we have 2 spots.

CivicSista
06-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks so much!

Any other volunteers? We still need 3 and a border. I'll be happy to do the last section and the border if no one else wants to. So I guess I should say we have 2 spots.

You can add me to a spot, but warning I take awhile to knit.

Got the blue one out in the mail for you- check to see if they card was in there, I might have it here- will have to look.

Debbie
06-21-2010, 08:08 PM
You can put me on Bauou Dreams !! I am "at a place" where I can get them back out quickly... at least for now :)

HollyP
06-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah we now have a complete list!!!

Bayou Dreams
Howdovely- done
Knitgirl2007- done
Ewalker- awaiting arrival
Civicsista
Debbie
HollyP - also doing border

HollyP
06-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Since people are in the volunteering mood.:hug: I would love to get the rest of these blankets filled!!

Sesame Street
LBECK- done
Biztec- working on it now
CivicSista
knitgirl2007
SharonP
Holly P

Little Boy Blue
Debbie- done
LBECK- done
SharonP - awaiting arrival
CivicSista
knitgirl2007
HollyP

Blue Sky
Debbie- done
CivicSista- done
HollyP- awaiting arrival
SharonP
Biztec
LBECK

knitgirl2007
06-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Holly, you can add me to knit on any or all of the blankets with an opening. I think it is wonderful to see we have four blankets making the rounds. Yeah!!

EWalker please PM your address so I can send you Bayou Dreams.

Happy knitting,

knitgirl

kellybigeyes
06-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know the status of Cupcake?

HollyP
06-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know the status of Cupcake?
I haven't heard anything about it. I am not sure it was started.

ETA : Knitgirl, I added you to a couple and might add you to Blue Sky if no one else steps forward

biztec
06-23-2010, 06:49 AM
I have finished Bee-utiful and Sesame Street. Please let me know where they should go. I took photos of them, but the files are too big and I haven't had time to re-size them.

Blessings,
Burma (Biztec)

Thanks to my secret pal!

biztec
06-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Holly, I can do Blue Sky.

biztec
06-23-2010, 06:52 AM
I see Sesame Street goes to CivicSista, so if you can PM me your address, that would be great. I'm assuming the finished Bee-utiful comes to you Holly? I have your address.

HollyP
06-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks everyone! All of the new blankets are filled!!!
I don't know about where all of you guys are but the heat index here is going to be 114*. It's a great day to stay in and knit!

HollyP
06-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Sky Blue arrived safe and sound. It looks beautiful so far!! I'll take pictures tomorrow morning, right now the colors are coming out all wrong.

eta- Civicsista, the card was in with it but you forgot to sign it. Would you like me to sign for you?

Debbie the card you made is wonderful! I love the poems!! I copied down the kite one to read to my niece.

SharonP
06-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi ladies! Just wanted to jump on and say hi and to say how excited I am about the new blankets and to welcome all new knitters! I honestly missed working on them . It's always fun to see the progress and the awesome job that all the knitters do. I'm glad to be part of such a great group!

LBECK
06-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Sharon, Little Boy Blue is on it's way to you. I mailed it 06/23/10, confirmation number is: 03083390000151652745 if you need it. I am sorry it took soooo long to get it mailed. We had a girl in our office to pass away suddenly and it has been crazy at work trying to keep all the work done. LOTs of overtime.

CivicSista
06-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Sky Blue arrived safe and sound. It looks beautiful so far!! I'll take pictures tomorrow morning, right now the colors are coming out all wrong.

eta- Civicsista, the card was in with it but you forgot to sign it. Would you like me to sign for you?

Debbie the card you made is wonderful! I love the poems!! I copied down the kite one to read to my niece.

Yes please. :)

SharonP
06-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Lisa,
I'm very excited about Little boy Blue coming here!! No worries about when you sent it out! I know how crazy life gets. Sorry about your coworker. Hope you are having a good week otherwise.

Sharon:hug:

Howdovely
06-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Splish Splash is done. Who's next?

Sorry for the delay - I wanted to finish it before vacation, but I never even touched it until last week. My bad.

HollyP
06-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I'll check with the next knitter right now. Do you have pictures? We'd love to see the progress.

HollyP
06-28-2010, 11:42 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4742123975_244381ae84_m.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4742124119_e202f5a954_m.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4742761788_b90bc40b04_m.jpg 1st picture is after Civicsista, 2nd is my section and the 3rd is what the whole thing looks like.
It is packed and ready to go off to Burma.

I ended up having to switch the order on this one since SharonP was going to end up with 3 blankets at once!
The new order is
Debbie- done
CivicSista- done
HollyP- done
Biztec- awaiting arrival
SharonP
LBECK

SharonP
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Little Boy Blue arrived safe and sound to me! Lisa and Debbie, your sections look fabulous! Can't wait to get started!

Sharon

Debbie
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
LOVE the clouds in Blue Sky !!!

HollyP
06-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks!! I was feeling like my section was a little boring with just the blue stockinette. I had a lot of fun adding them!

dawn1838
06-29-2010, 02:58 PM
HollyP, Do you still need a knitter? I am not very experienced but I would like to help out.

HollyP
06-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Welcome Dawn1838! We are always happy to welcome new knitters!!

dawn1838
06-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks HollyP, I am looking forward to this.

HollyP
06-29-2010, 07:41 PM
:waving:I was just over on the blog and realized A LOT of the people who are knitting with us haven't done the questionnaire. It is totally not mandatory but it is a fun way to get to know each other. Those of you who have done the questionnaire can also join in if anything has changed. Everyone's answer can be found here (http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/2008/08/questionnaire.html)
What is you favorite fiber?
What fibers do you not like? or non-knitting related?
Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc)
What weight yarn do you prefer?
Is there a weight yarn you don't like?
What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc)
What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use?
What non-knitting things do you like?
Favorite scent?
Favorite color?
Favorite flavor?
Do you collect anything?
Anything else you like that is not listed here? edit for sizing issues!

HollyP
06-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Slight order change on Bayou Dreams
Howdovely- done
Knitgirl2007- done
Civicsista
Dawn1838
Debbie- also doing border

ewalker
06-30-2010, 05:49 PM
What colors are in Bayou Dreams? Just checking because it comes to me next. Thanks:aww:
Slight order change on Bayou Dreams
Howdovely- done
Knitgirl2007- done
Civicsista
Dawn1838
Debbie- also doing border

Howdovely
07-01-2010, 07:01 AM
I thought Bayou Dreams was to be any color, but trying to keep it more boy-ish.

What colors are in Bayou Dreams? Just checking because it comes to me next. Thanks:aww:

LBECK
07-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Has no one heard from Dawn yet?

HollyP
07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
No. I have tried several times several ways and still nothing. I guess she'll get back in touch when she can. Until then I'll be trying my best to keep things running.

Hope everyone is having a great 4th!!!!

LBECK
07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks Holly, and you are doing a great job. I was just concerned, that is all. Its not really like her to not be on here for so long. And thanks I am having a good 4th.

HollyP
07-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Lisa, I totally understand your concern. I'm concerned too. I really hope my post didn't come across wrong. I was writing in a hurry trying to get the info in. If it sounded cold or angry I apologize!

Due to all of the transitional craziness my records are a little spotty. There are a few people whose addresses I don't have. I'll be PMing you in the next couple of days. I think I have almost everyone.

Also if you could correct any errors you see in my blanket list I would be very very appreciative!

Sesame Street- Biztec
Little Boy Blue- SharonP
Blue Sky- in mail to a new knitter over on Ravelry, Katurahariel if you are ever over there be sure to say hey!
Bayou Dreams- Ewalker
Splish Splash- in mail to SharonP

Does anyone know the where Banana Split or Finding Nemo are?

Thanks a million!!!:hug:

Howdovely
07-06-2010, 07:10 AM
I dropped the ball on Splish Splash and haven't exactly gotten it IN the mail yet. Will be sure to bring it with me to the PO today and will post here after!

LBECK
07-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Lisa, I totally understand your concern. I'm concerned too. I really hope my post didn't come across wrong. I was writing in a hurry trying to get the info in. If it sounded cold or angry I apologize!

No you didn't sound cold or angry. I think you are doing a great job of keeping things going.

Also if you could correct any errors you see in my blanket list I would be very very appreciative!

Sesame Street- Biztec
Little Boy Blue- SharonP
Blue Sky- in mail to a new knitter over on Ravelry, Katurahriel if you are ever over there be sure to say hey!
Bayou Dreams- Ewalker
Splish Splash- in mail to SharonP

Does anyone know the where Banana Split or Finding Nemo are?

Thanks a million!!!:hug:

I don't know of any errors I don't think I would be the one to see them if there were any. I am just glad to have you with us and making sure that we have the addresses that you can supply to us so that we can keep the blankets moving in Dawn's absence. I hope everything is okay with her.

Howdovely
07-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Finally got it in the mail!! What is UP with the kiosk at the PO?? Sometimes I can send them with a delivery confirmation, sometimes it only lets me do insured. In any case - here is the label number:
1396 9011 5420 0600 7031

HollyP
07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!
I have another favor to ask of you. Could you please set your options to receive an email when you get a PM. It is really easy to do. While signed in go to User Settings in the upper left under the KH logo. From there go to Options. Scroll down a bit and you will see an option that says something like receive email notification of Personal Message. Check it, then press the save button at the bottom. That's it! This way you don't have to be signed in to KH to know you have a PM. Thanks!

I sent another card to Dawn today. I told her we all missed her and we hope that all is well.

biztec
07-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi Holly,

Bee-utiful is on the way to you. I left for vacation and forgot to mail it, but my next door neighbor sent it for me. Let me know when it arrives!

Hugs,
Burma
(Biztec)

biztec
07-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Sesame Street is on the way to you. I am sorry for the delay, but with vacation preparations, I got terribly behind. Please let me know when it arrives!

HollyP
07-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Burma- Can't wait to see it! :woot: Hope you are having a great vacation!!!!!

Civicsista- I'm going to switch you and knitgirl2007 on Little Boy Blue so you don't have to do two at once.

CivicSista
07-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Civicsista- I'm going to switch you and knitgirl2007 on Little Boy Blue so you don't have to do two at once.

Sounds great thank you.

SharonP
07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey everyone! just wanted to let you know that Splish Splash arrived safely in Virginia. Hope everyone is doing well!:hug:

HollyP
07-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Today must be the day for arriving blankets! A finished Bee-utiful arrived in my mail today. I'll post pictures tomorrow. It is gorgeous!!

CivicSista
07-10-2010, 12:16 PM
I received Sesame Street in the mail yesterday. I have the perfect green for Oscar the grouch section :)

HollyP
07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/4783750822_bb7196d5f5_m.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/4783750772_5f35f5d2f8_m.jpg Finished Bee-utiful!

ewalker
07-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Very pretty, job well done to everyone.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/4783750822_bb7196d5f5_m.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/4783750772_5f35f5d2f8_m.jpg Finished Bee-utiful!

Debbie
07-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Bee-utiful is Beeeee-U-Tee- Fullllllllll !

HollyP
07-11-2010, 08:40 PM
When I received Bee-utiful I also got the needles it was knit on. Soooo I was thinking of starting a new blanket. A million years ago before we were split into regions we did a whole slew of rainbow blankets. I thought maybe we could honor where we came from and kick it( or knit it:teehee:) old school.
I'll start with Red we'll need Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet. It will be knit in garter stitch throughout. On the advise of my sister SharonP we'll call it Rainbow Connection.
If you want to be apart of this one just let me know what color.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Shandeh
07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Holly, thank you SO much for handling the Southeast region while we wait to hear from Dawn. I've tried to reach her through email a few times, but haven't heard back. I sure hope she is okay! :pout:

Let me know if you need anything, my friend. :hug:

ewalker
07-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Holly,
I would love to knit on this one, how about yellow, green or blue. Just let me know.
I also need the name and address of where to send Bayou Dreams because it is ready for the next leg of its journey.

Thanks,
Elaine
When I received Bee-utiful I also got the needles it was knit on. Soooo I was thinking of starting a new blanket. A million years ago before we were split into regions we did a whole slew of rainbow blankets. I thought maybe we could honor where we came from and kick it( or knit it:teehee:) old school.
I'll start with Red we'll need Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet. It will be knit in garter stitch throughout. On the advise of my sister SharonP we'll call it Rainbow Connection.
If you want to be apart of this one just let me know what color.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

HollyP
07-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Holly, thank you SO much for handling the Southeast region while we wait to hear from Dawn. I've tried to reach her through email a few times, but haven't heard back. I sure hope she is okay! :pout:
Let me know if you need anything, my friend. :hug: Thanks Sandy! It is my pleasure. I hope Dawn is alright too! I sent another card this week. Hopefully we will hear something soon

Holly,
I would love to knit on this one, how about yellow, green or blue. Just let me know.
I also need the name and address of where to send Bayou Dreams because it is ready for the next leg of its journey.

Thanks,
Elaine
I'll put you down for yellow. I'll check with the next knitter now for Bayou dreams and PM you when I hear back.

Rainbow Connection is filling up fast! Yeah!!
HollyP- Red
SharonP- Orange
Ewalker-Yellow
knitgirl2007- Green
Civicsista- Blue
Need a knitter- Purple
Need a border

LBECK
07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
You can put me on the Purple and border if you want to or, if someone else would like to knit the Purple section I will give it up and just do the border. Either way I will work on the blanket if you like.

LBECK
07-12-2010, 06:01 PM
I love this blanket. I think the border is just awesome as well.

HollyP
07-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Great!!!
Rainbow Connection
HollyP
SharonP
Ewalker
knitgirl2007
civicsista
LBeck
border: LBeck

Debbie
07-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Have you ever seen the "mind test" where the word color is different than the written name and you are supposed to read word not the color ? blue, orange, green .... Well, I am looking at the rainbow Connection List going this can't be right R is first, not H .. and what color starts with H and how does the rhyme go .. HSYKCL ... I thought it was Roy G. Biv..... Holly, your list really blew my mind !!!!! I can't believe how long it took mne to figure it out !

biztec
07-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Holly, I'll be glad to do the purple if you'd like. Also, can we start another "stitch" blanket? I thought Bee-utiful turned out very nicely. I have the calendar of 365 stitches; there are so many cool ones! One I particularly like is "waterfall", but another idea would be for everyohe to do something different--just not stockinette or garter.

HollyP
07-13-2010, 10:15 AM
I love the stitch blankets too! Once we finish a few of the blankets we have going I'd love to do another. Splish Splash is going to the last knitter now. Would you like to pick a pattern that will be our next blanket?
A lot of the blankets do have everyone doing something different. I think sometimes they end up having more garter due to time restraint, knitter's confidence in doing another stitch, or not knowing what to do.

HollyP
07-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Have you ever seen the "mind test" where the word color is different than the written name and you are supposed to read word not the color ? blue, orange, green .... Well, I am looking at the rainbow Connection List going this can't be right R is first, not H .. and what color starts with H and how does the rhyme go .. HSYKCL ... I thought it was Roy G. Biv..... Holly, your list really blew my mind !!!!! I can't believe how long it took mne to figure it out !

LOL Debbie! I didn't mean to cause anyone any brain strain. I was just sick of writing the colors after the name.:teehee:

CivicSista
07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Holly, I'll be glad to do the purple if you'd like. Also, can we start another "stitch" blanket? I thought Bee-utiful turned out very nicely. I have the calendar of 365 stitches; there are so many cool ones! One I particularly like is "waterfall", but another idea would be for everyohe to do something different--just not stockinette or garter.

That sounds like fun, would you include directions with the blanket.... I seem to be a total noob when it comes to knitting, give me a pattern and I think i can handle it.

biztec
07-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Oooohh, I'd love to! I'll look through my calendar and pick one that is pretty but not too hard. I can also add the pattern to my posting. I can get it started if you'd like. I guess we'd need a theme, though. How about Shades of Summer? Light blue sky, darker blue water, green leaves, yellow daisies, orange daylilies, red roses in that order?

Debbie
07-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I want to work on the "stitch pattern" blankie, biztec !!! Holly, please put me on the list ! :)

biztec
07-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Holly, in looking at these patterns, I'm assuming we don't want any openwork?

HollyP
07-13-2010, 12:12 PM
It is probably best that we stay away from a lot of openwork. Little fingers and toes get caught pretty easily. But other groups have done feather and fan with success. I consider that pretty open. Go with what ever you think will work. Sorry my answer is so wishy washy!

ETA- will do Debbie! thanks for another laugh!!!

SharonP
07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Lisa and Katie,
Just wanted to let both of you know that I sent Splish splash and Little Boy Blue out to you today. I have the delivery confirmations should you need them!
Sharon

LBECK
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Thank you. I will be on the look out for it. I would really like to see pictures of some of these blankets as we are working on them if anyone has the time to photograph and put them out here. And it might help knitters in the line to get them to decide a bit ahead what color and pattern they want to use.

CivicSista
07-13-2010, 02:42 PM

What stitch is that blue section? I want to learn how to do that.

HollyP
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
The whole blanket was done using the Bee Stitch (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/bee.htm). It is pretty easy if you can get the hang of the Knit 1 below. This site has a video showing how to do it. I think it is in the abbreviations glossary. I love the bee stitch!!

Here is a terribly blurry picture of Splish Splash I took last night when I saw Sharon. You can atleast get a good idea of color. They are showing up true.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4098/4791568484_b97d88d046.jpg

biztec
07-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Lisa,
I took pictures of the first two sections of Sesame Street, but I forgot to resize them in the camera and the computer I was using didn't have Photoshop (or any other appropriate software) installed. Now I'm on vacation in Michigan and my digital camera is back in NC! When I get back this weekend, I promise I'll post the photos.
Burma

CivicSista
07-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Lisa,
I took pictures of the first two sections of Sesame Street, but I forgot to resize them in the camera and the computer I was using didn't have Photoshop (or any other appropriate software) installed. Now I'm on vacation in Michigan and my digital camera is back in NC! When I get back this weekend, I promise I'll post the photos.
Burma

I'll take a pic of it when I am done with oscar the grouch...

LBECK
07-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Burma,
You can use this site online to resize pictures. It is free and really easy. And the pictures do not stay out there they are automatically deleted after a short while. http://www.shrinkpictures.com. Also if you have windows 7 you can use it to resize.

biztec
07-14-2010, 07:34 AM
What a great tip! I was trying to upload the photos via my laptop mini, which runs the latest version of XP (which I actually like better than Vista) I don't have Windows 7 yet, but am anxious to upgrade.

BTW I bought some of Dawn's stitch markers online last night. Let's see if she pops back in. It seems really strange without her.

ewalker
07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
I love the stitch blankets too! Once we finish a few of the blankets we have going I'd love to do another. Splish Splash is going to the last knitter now. Would you like to pick a pattern that will be our next blanket?
A lot of the blankets do have everyone doing something different. I think sometimes they end up having more garter due to time restraint, knitter's confidence in doing another stitch, or not knowing what to do.

When you start the stitch blanket, I would like to work on it. Please put me down for a spot.

Elaine

HollyP
07-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Great, I will! So far we have 3 knitters( Biztec, Debbie, Ewalker) for a blanket that is still in the planning stage. I love it!!!

How does everyone feel about starting it now? We have 6 blankets active. I have no problems with it just want to see what ya'll think.

CivicSista
07-14-2010, 02:45 PM
The whole blanket was done using the Bee Stitch (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/bee.htm). It is pretty easy if you can get the hang of the Knit 1 below. This site has a video showing how to do it. I think it is in the abbreviations glossary. I love the bee stitch!!

I am defiantly going to have to practice that stitch- so pretty.

Debbie
07-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Holly, I am good if you start the stitch blanket now. I am blessed to be having a lazy, fun summer so no worries if I have two at a time. I will get them out in a "timely" manner :)

HollyP
07-14-2010, 05:16 PM
:waving:Hey Rainbow Connection knitters,
I just finished my section and realized it looked a little wide. I recounted my stitches and saw that I had 120 instead of 100ish. That's what I get for casting on during a good movie:teehee:.

Is it OK with all of you if we go with it this wide and make it slightly longer (5 inches each not 4)? If not I'll be happy to start over.
Thanks!

CivicSista
07-15-2010, 09:49 AM
:waving:Hey Rainbow Connection knitters,
I just finished my section and realized it looked a little wide. I recounted my stitches and saw that I had 120 instead of 100ish. That's what I get for casting on during a good movie:teehee:.

Is it OK with all of you if we go with it this wide and make it slightly longer (5 inches each not 4)? If not I'll be happy to start over.
Thanks!

I don't know if I can't handle that. ha ha jk keep it the way it is.

HollyP
07-15-2010, 04:55 PM
lol @ civicsista!
I took the leap that everyone else would be OK with it and have passed Rainbow Connection on to SharonP. I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to her:doh: I'll be sure to take one before she sends it on. Ahh the beauty of having the next knitter 15 minutes away!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and eagerness to keep this group moving. It warms my heart to see so many people as excited about these blankets as I am. I could go on but I'm not sure I know exactly how to express it all so.... Thanks again!!!!:grphug:

HollyP
07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi again! I was just over on Ravelry and we have an other new knitter! :happydance: If you are over there say hi to Wimora.

LBECK
07-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you all know that I received Splish Splash in the mail today. Still thinking about the stitch and color to use but will try to get it done soon.

I will work on the stitch blanket if you want to put me on it. If you want to give spots to the new knitters that haven't got spots somewhere else that will be okay with me if I don't get a spot.

Rainbow Connection sounds fine that way to me.

So, now I am headed over to Rav to give Wimora a hey and to add Dawn as my friend.

HollyP
07-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone. With new blankets starting up fairly soon I thought I would attach the updated oddball memo that travels with the blankets. There are a few changes mainly putting my name and number in for Dawn's. I also put the reminder about yellow and green not being used in the first or last section or the border.
If you still have one of the old memos by all means use it. As long as everyone knows until further notice to contact me in case of a problem with the blankets.

For some reason the site is saying my word document is too large. Not sure why when it is the same as all the other oddball memos. I've attached the PDF of the document. If anyone needs it in Word form let me know.

Still no word from MamaDawn. I sent a PM to her friend Drea today. Hoping we hear something soon.

CivicSista
07-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Sesame Street will be ready to go to the next knitter tomorrow. Could you please tell me where to send?

HollyP
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
I'll check with her now. Can you take and post pictures? I'm sure I am not the only one excited to see it.
I thought you said you were a slow knitter. You only had that blanket for a week. I guess you are not as slow as you thought you were!

CivicSista
07-18-2010, 06:26 PM
If I put my mind to it, I get it done. I took it to my local knit day on Thursday. That really helped.

The next one I do, I am going to try to do something other then garter stitch. I found a website that has a bunch of stitch patterns. I am excited to try some, so send me some blankies!!

CivicSista
07-18-2010, 06:28 PM
http://gallery.mac.com/civicsista/100028/Sesame%20street.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=12794920730001

Here is Sesame Street

After starting the green, I think it looks like a flag from the world cup matches.... ha ha

HollyP
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
I am excited to try some, so send me some blankies!!
Your wish is my command:teehee: Little Boy Blue is ready for you if you are ready for it.
I'm sending you a PM now for Sesame Street.

dawn1838
07-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I received Bayou Dreams today! Now the problem is picking a good color...:think:

HollyP
07-19-2010, 08:42 PM
That's half the fun! Happy knitting!!

Debbie
07-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I love how our blankets are flying off the needles. Sesame is SO CUTE !

ewalker
07-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I received Bayou Dreams today! Now the problem is picking a good color...:think:

I am glad it got there ok. Guess I can throw away the confirmation information.:) :)

HollyP
07-20-2010, 10:18 AM
I love how our blankets are flying off the needles. Me too! :woot:

Debbie
07-20-2010, 10:23 AM
This may have been done at the beginning of this thread, but I am too lazy to go back through and find out. I have only been knitting on blankets a few months and would love to know a little bit more about everyone!

My name is Debbie. I live in Orlando, Florida. I will be 58 in a few weeks and remember when that was "old", but I don't think it is, now :) I have two sons a wonderful daughter in law and two beautiful granddaughters. I worked many years as a school librarian but last year my position was eliminated (who needs a librarian, right) Anyway, I have a wonderful hard working husband and have not had to go back to work.

I have been knitting for about 6 years and found KH right when I started. I learned everything but knit & purl right here at KH. I belong to a great guild called Knit or Knot. I am enjoying learning to spin and I am determined to stop buying yarn (ha, ha) and make my own. Except for our blankies, unless someone comes up with acrylic rovings !

dawn1838
07-20-2010, 07:51 PM
I am glad it got there ok. Guess I can throw away the confirmation information.:) :)

Yes you can throw it away. And thanks for the pad. :)

Dawn

ewalker
07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Yes you can throw it away. And thanks for the pad. :)

Dawn

You are very welcom, not much more than just a small token.

HollyP
07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
This may have been done at the beginning of this thread, but I am too lazy to go back through and find out. I have only been knitting on blankets a few months and would love to know a little bit more about everyone!
I honestly can't remember if we did or not. I agree about getting to know everyone better.

:waving: I am Holly. I'm 31 years old and I have been knitting since I was 19. I can't believe how long it's been! I am currently unemployed :( and really trying to discover what I want to be when I grow up. I don't have any children.But I would love a house full someday! My niece is the absolute joy in my life. Every time I work on one of our blankets I say a prayer of thanksgiving that she is healthy and thriving. I have a dog, Bentley and two cats, Joey and Sierra. They make me laugh every single day. I love gardening and reading.

biztec
07-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi Holly,

I'm now officially retired (although I'll help out for a brief period until they hire a replacement), so I can start "Remar-cable"!! I think we agreed that each person would choose their own color? Also, I'm pretty sure I have an extra set of circulars to include. I really enjoy working on these blankies and being a part of this group!

Burma

HollyP
07-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks for starting this one! Congratulations on your retirement! :balloons:
If you have an extra set of needles, we can use them!

Sign ups for Remar-cable are officially open. The pattern can be found in the 365 stitch a day perpetual calendar on Oct 21. It's called Little Cable Fabric. I'll look and see if I can find the pattern online so I can post a link. Due to copyright I can't type the pattern out here. We can thankfully send it with the blanket!

so far I have Biztec, Debbie, Ewalker, and LBECK signed up for it. We need 2 more knitters and some one on the border.

biztec
07-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks for starting this one! Congratulations on your retirement! :balloons:
If you have an extra set of needles, we can use them!

Sign ups for Remar-cable are officially open. The pattern can be found in the 365 stitch a day perpetual calendar on Oct 21. It's called Little Cable Fabric. I'll look and see if I can find the pattern online so I can post a link. Due to copyright I can't type the pattern out here. We can thankfully send it with the blanket!

so far I have Biztec, Debbie, Ewalker, and LBECK signed up for it. We need 2 more knitters and some one on the border.
Holly,

As always I'm happy to do the border, unless someone else really wants to.

HollyP
07-23-2010, 06:17 PM
As of Monday we will have 5 of our blankets in the mail! :woot: I am so proud of how you guys( or should I say girls) are keeping the blankets moving!!

If anyone has any ideas for new blankets let me know. We should be finishing up a few blankets in the coming weeks. I really don't want to lose the momentum we've been building.

CivicSista
07-24-2010, 12:44 PM
My name is Tracy and currently live in Viera, FL, near Cocoa. I just moved down here in April from Wisconsin, well technically MN, where I lived for 7 months. I am 26 and have one cat named Smugen. I like to travel back up north when ever I get a chance, that is where all my friends are.
I work at a place called World of Beer, I know WAY to much about beer and love to taste and try new beers. When I am not working or knitting I race cars. All legal and safe.

SharonP
07-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi! I'm Sharon, sister of HollyP. I'm 34 and live in Newport Nes, VA. I am happily single and the love of my life right now is my 5 y/o cat Abby. I am currently volunteering at a nursing home and am slowly accruing a bunch of new adopted gramdmas. I have so much fun with them. Besides knitting, I love to read and am a huge movie buff. I've become a big fan of all the black and white classics as of late, but also love watching the newest releases too!
I have only been knitting regularly for a little over a year but lately I can't go very long without a pair of needles in my hand. It's fun learning as I go along too. I love being a part of this group. Go southeast!:hug:

kellybigeyes
07-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello! My name is Kelly. I am 27 years old. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 6 years. We have a 3 year old daughter and we are expecting again... any day!! My due date isn't until Aug 23 but things are moving right along and the doctor is thinking I might make it 2 more weeks!! We'll see! My husband and I both have our real estate license. He does it full time and I am keeping mine active in case I decide to do it again. But for now... I am a stay at home mom. I have been knitting for almost 3 years!! Never thought I would like it as much as I do. Even though I don't post a lot... I do keep up with the forum. Maybe after things settle down after this baby is born... I can get back to working on some of the blankets.

dawn1838
07-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi, My name is Dawn. I am 49 years young. I have been married 27 years and have two children, 22 and 25. (No grandkids yet.) I live in Waynesville, NC. I work full time at a propane gas company. When I am not knitting I enjoy reading and being outdoors. I am enjoying knitting in the blankets. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group.

SharonP
07-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Elaine,
Just wanted to let you know that I mailed off Rainbow Connection today. I have the delivery confirmation if you need it. Hope you are doing well and have fun knitting on the blanket!

ewalker
07-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Elaine,
Just wanted to let you know that I mailed off Rainbow Connection today. I have the delivery confirmation if you need it. Hope you are doing well and have fun knitting on the blanket!

Sharon,
Thanks for notifying me that the blanket is on its way. I will be watching for its arrival. I really enjoyed wording on the previous one and am looking forward to this one. I will let you know when it arrives.:mrgreen:

Elaine

Debbie
07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing ! It is so good to get to know you all.

LBECK
07-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey,

I am Lisa. I am from Arkansas. I am 42, married with 2 adult children, one 24 and one 21 about to be 22. One DIL and one DGS. I like to read, watch movies, shopping, and spending time with my family. I love nature and Knitting and Crocheting. I am usually pressed for time when I get on the PC so I don't post a lot but I do check in to see what the progress is on here almost every day. I try to post when I can. I also check ravelry pretty often but do not post most of the time. too busy making my projects to post them. Sometimes I do go back and put stuff I have made throughout the year here and there. I work full time as a billing clerk so I keep pretty busy. Well, that's me happy knitting! :knitting:

HollyP
07-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks everyone for sharing ! It is so good to get to know you all.
Agree! It is so nice to get to know everyone. Thanks for starting Debbie!!

Last night I couldn't sleep so I made a list of blanket names. I know we already have quite a few but I figured we can never have too many! Right now they are just a list in my journal. I'll type them up soon to share with the group.
If anyone has any ideas for new blanket names or opinions on which blankets we want to start soon let me know. Thanks

biztec
07-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Agree! It is so nice to get to know everyone. Thanks for starting Debbie!!

Last night I couldn't sleep so I made a list of blanket names. I know we already have quite a few but I figured we can never have too many! Right now they are just a list in my journal. I'll type them up soon to share with the group.
If anyone has any ideas for new blanket names or opinions on which blankets we want to start soon let me know. Thanks
Holly,

I thought of some, but they are probably lame:

Neaopolitan: pink, brown and white, maybe each knitter could do three stips of the colors?? Might be too busy, but could be fun.
Hudson Bay: primary colors in the same order as the blanket by the same name!
Autumn Leaves: All colors found in fall trees.
Sweet Heather: All the Caron Simply Soft heather shades or a like brand's heathers.

I know I'm late but about me:

I turned 60 last fall and still wonder who that old lady is in the mirror! I recently retired from my job as business manager for a local church and school and am thrilled to have more time to knit.

I've crocheted for many years, but taught myself to knit (using the videos on this website) 2 years ago. Now I'm hooked. I still enjoy crochet for lacy afghans and baby blankets, but find knitting is easier on my hands.

I've been married for 30 years to a wonderful guy and have a 26-year-old son who lives an hour away (yay!). I have a 17-year-old miniature dachshund who continues to amaze us. She just keeps going, and going, and going.

I'm so thankful to have found this group and hope someday to meet some of you!

Shandeh
07-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Love reading everyone's bios. Thanks for sharing!

HollyP
07-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Burma, they are not lame at all! In fact we did an Autumn Leave (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MtgXv2-NZMU/SWvTrVLtOuI/AAAAAAAAAOs/pFQQmlL8G_U/s1600-h/3190796706_c734caf155.jpg)s when we first started. We may just have to do another! I'll put the others down too. I especially love Neapolitan that will be super cute! But I have been obsessed with pink and brown things since my niece was born.

HollyP
07-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Here is my list :
Ladybug
Jack Frost
Preppy Pastels
Think Pink
Care Bears
Jello Jigglers
Creamsicle
Strawberry Shortcake
Neon Lights
Pink Explosion ( named after my niece's closet:teehee:)
Pooh & Friends
Where the wild things are
Goodnight Moon
Cherry Blossom
Slugs and Snails
Sugar and Spice
Stripey- I was thinking it would have a skein that travels with it. Everyone would use that yarn and there own to make a striped blanket.

biztec
07-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Burma, they are not lame at all! In fact we did an Autumn Leave (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MtgXv2-NZMU/SWvTrVLtOuI/AAAAAAAAAOs/pFQQmlL8G_U/s1600-h/3190796706_c734caf155.jpg)s when we first started. We may just have to do another! I'll put the others down too. I especially love Neapolitan that will be super cute! But I have been obsessed with pink and brown things since my niece was born.
Holly, I haven't forgotten about Remar-cable. I did it in a heathery rose color (I have a lot of green and yellow in my stash which I couldn't use) and didn't like it, so I ordered a bunch of other colors and am waiting for them to arrive. They should be here today or tomorrow, so I can get it done and on to the next person.

I didn't realize you and Sharon were sisters!! My brother and SIL live near Smithfield/Suffolk and they say "Newpert News"!!

biztec
07-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Here is my list :
Ladybug
Jack Frost
Preppy Pastels
Think Pink
Care Bears
Jello Jigglers
Creamsicle
Strawberry Shortcake
Neon Lights
Pooh & Friends
Goodnight Moon
Cherry Blossom
Slugs and Snails
Sugar and Spice
Stripey- I was thinking it would have a skein that travels with it. Everyone would use that yarn and there own to make a striped blanket.
You have quite an imagination! This is a great list. I was in our LYS Knit Picky, yesterday telling Jo about this group. I'm hoping to recruit some more knitters. If anyone from NC is ever in this area, Knit Picky is a fabulous store.

biztec
07-28-2010, 07:20 AM
I love brown and light blue (see my Argyle Afghan "The Beast" on Ravelry), but I couldn't think of a theme to include these colors.

dawn1838
07-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Holly, I think all these names are great! You are very creative. I look forward to working on some of them. FYI, the Bayou Dreams is comiing right along. I should be able to pass it along right on schedule.

Dawn

biztec
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I couldn't quite tell who sent me Blue Sky, but it arrived just fine!!

HollyP
07-28-2010, 07:39 PM
You have quite an imagination! This is a great list. I was in our LYS Knit Picky, yesterday telling Jo about this group. I'm hoping to recruit some more knitters. If anyone from NC is ever in this area, Knit Picky is a fabulous store. Great we can always use more knitters! More knitter=more blankets:happydance:

I love brown and light blue (see my Argyle Afghan "The Beast" on Ravelry), but I couldn't think of a theme to include these colors. That's lovely! We will definitely have to find a theme to use that combo!

Holly, I think all these names are great! You are very creative. I look forward to working on some of them. FYI, the Bayou Dreams is comiing right along. I should be able to pass it along right on schedule.

Dawn
Can't wait to see it!

HollyP
07-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey again! I just realized I forgot to tell everyone I will be out of town starting tomorrow( Thurs) until Monday. I am not sure if I'll have internet access or not. If anyone needs addresses while I am away please contact the next knitter. The blog( link in my signature) is up to date as far as I can tell. Thanks :hug:

I hope everyone is staying cool! The heat is starting to get to me. Can't it be fall yet?:teehee:

ewalker
07-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Elaine,

Blanket arrived on Wed. in good condition.

ewalker
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Here is my list :
Ladybug
Jack Frost
Preppy Pastels
Think Pink
Care Bears
Jello Jigglers
Creamsicle
Strawberry Shortcake
Neon Lights
Pooh & Friends
Goodnight Moon
Cherry Blossom
Slugs and Snails
Sugar and Spice

Holly,
May I add one? I was thinking of candy cane for the holidays.
Looks like I need to work on anything you have that has yellow. LOL
I am willing to work on anything.

Elaine

ewalker
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Holly,

The Rainbow Connection blanket will be ready to mail this week end, I need the address for the next person.

Thanks,

Elaine:cheering:

Howdovely
08-01-2010, 08:47 PM
You have quite an imagination! This is a great list. I was in our LYS Knit Picky, yesterday telling Jo about this group. I'm hoping to recruit some more knitters. If anyone from NC is ever in this area, Knit Picky is a fabulous store.
Where in NC is it?

CivicSista
08-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I received Little Boy blue Yesterday.
Thanks so much for the post its!

dawn1838
08-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Holly,
Bayou Dreams is ready for the next knitter. Will you please pm me the next knitter when you get a chance?

Thanks

Shandeh
08-02-2010, 05:30 AM
After reading everyone else's bio, I've decided to share a little about myself.

I'm 46, my hubby is 48, and we live in a little house in Indian Trail, NC. We have 6 grown children from previous marriages, and my hubby has a young grand-daughter. I was a single mom for over 13 years before meeting my hubby on Yahoo Personals. We've been together now for 10 years.

I've been a church musician (organ, piano, and conducting) for more than 30 years. When I married my hubby, I put aside 16 years of full-time office administrative work, and started teaching piano lessons. Recently, I started teaching some of my students to knit! :heart:

I enjoy reading (classics, mysteries, Bible), playing video games (PC, DS, Wii), surfing the internet, blogging, and watching PBS, HGTV, A&E, Discovery, Nat Geo, and the History Channel. I keep a decent stash of DVDs and Videos to watch also (Columbo, LOTR, Harry Potter, space travel, documentaries, Looney Toons, Disney, etc.)

I started crafting when I was a young girl, learning embroidery, needlepoint, crewel embroidery, sewing, and crochet. I learned how to knit six years ago, by watching some free "beginner knitting" videos on the internet. I took two knitting classes at SAFF (http://www.saffsite.org/) in the mountains of North Carolina, and figured everything else out by watching Amy's videos (http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/learn-to-knit) here in the KH Forum. :thumbsup:

I've dabbled in learning to spin yarn, and want to learn to weave. When I have time, I'll take some classes and figure it out. But, right now, I'm too busy knitting! :knitting:

I started the Oddball Blankets (http://blanketfinder.blogspot.com/) in February of 2007, and was amazed to see it become a huge hit! Now, I'm still finishing up the original full-size blankets and shawls, and will occasionally knit a section of our Southeast Oddball Baby Blankets. cloud9 Mostly, I'm just a support person for the region leaders, sending them yarn and needles, books, etc. The Oddball Region Leaders ROCK! :notworthy: I love browsing the KH Forum and Ravelry, seeing new Oddball Knitters join every day, and watching new Oddball Blankets being created all over the world.
:hug: :heart: :grphug: :heart: :hug:

About a year ago, Bernat Yarn (http://www.bernat.com/) asked me to be a blogger for them. I've really enjoyed knitting monthly projects for their blog (http://bernat.com/blog/), using free Bernat yarn and patterns of my choice. So far, I've made four sweaters for me, an afghan for my step-son, two hats, a crocheted bathroom set, and a baby outfit and two dolls for charity. This month, I'm making some ankle socks. The Bernat gig has taken some of my time away from Oddball knitting, but I know it's a good learning experience for me. And it's fun too! :woohoo:
Well, enough about me. Thank you for patiently reading my long-winded bio. Happy Knitting! :X:

HollyP
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Holly,

The Rainbow Connection blanket will be ready to mail this week end, I need the address for the next person.

Thanks,

Elaine:cheering:

Bayou Dreams is ready for the next knitter. Will you please pm me the next knitter when you get a chance?

Thanks

Just sent PMs to both knitters I'll be in touch when I hear back from them.

HollyP
08-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Holly,
May I add one? I was thinking of candy cane for the holidays.
Looks like I need to work on anything you have that has yellow. LOL
I am willing to work on anything.

Elaine
Just saw this post. Candy Cane is a cute idea! I've added it!!

HollyP
08-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Turns out we need a pinch knitter on Bayou Dreams. Is anyone available and interested? Thanks!!

ETA: We also still need 2 knitters on Remar-cable.

ewalker
08-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Turns out we need a pinch knitter on Bayou Dreams. Is anyone available and interested? Thanks!!

ETA: We also still need 2 knitters on Remar-cable.

I can work on Remar-cable. I did section 3 on Bayou Dreams but am willing to do another one if needed. Just let me know.

HollyP
08-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Elaine, I already have you down for Remar-cable.
So far our list looks like
Remar-cable
Biztec
Debbie
Ewalker
LBeck
need a knitter
need a knitter
HollyP - border

I'm more than willing to do the last section also but I don't want to take a spot if others want it.

ewalker
08-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Elaine, I already have you down for Remar-cable.
So far our list looks like
Remar-cable
Biztec
Debbie
Ewalker
LBeck
need a knitter
need a knitter
HollyP - border

I'm more than willing to do the last section also but I don't want to take a spot if others want it.

Oops, I forgot.

HollyP
08-04-2010, 06:50 PM
That's easy enough to do! Thanks for your enthusiasm!

CivicSista
08-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Little Boy Blue is all set and ready to go. :)
I'll take pics this afternoon

HollyP
08-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Sending you a PM.
Can't wait to see it!!!!

ETA: I just realized we will have 4 in the mail at the same time again! These blankets are really moving!!

Debbie
08-06-2010, 12:09 PM
YEA!

CivicSista
08-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Little Boy Blue got out today. I can't believe how fast I got that one done. :)

dawn1838
08-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Bayou Dreams went out today also.:cheering:

HollyP
08-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Bayou Dreams and Little Boy Blue arrived here today. My camera is charging. I post pictures as soon as I can.

ewalker
08-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Bayou Dreams and Little Boy Blue arrived here today. My camera is charging. I post pictures as soon as I can.

Rainbow Connection has not gone out yet. I missed making it to the post office on Sat. by a minute. I am in orientation for my new teaching job and cannot get to the PO before it closes. Will probably have to wait till Sat. Possibly Fri. but I doubt it.

Sorry if this has inconvenienced anyone.

Elaine

HollyP
08-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Good luck with the new job!!!
Just get it out when you can. No one is going to whip you with Red Heart Super Saver for not making it to the PO!:teehee:

ewalker
08-11-2010, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=HollyP;1297202]Good luck with the new job!!!
Just get it out when you can. No one is going to whip you with Red Heart Super Saver for not making it to the PO!:teehee:[/QU

Thanks for the good wishes. Believe it or not Rainbow Connections got to the post office today. I have the confirmation number if it is needed.

HollyP
08-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm working on Little Boy Blue . I thought I had it finished but really didn't like how the border was turning out.The border was just too floppy looking. I think I was using too big of a crochet hook for the yarn. Oh well, live and learn!

Let's start thinking of which blankets we want to start soon. I have 2 sets of needles right now. One from Little Boy Blue and one I found in the depths under my couch cushions.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :hug:
My big plans are to finish organizing and cataloging my yarn. I think I am finally going to take advantage of the Ravelry stash feature.

msbookie
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi all! I discovered your group on ravelry and Holly pointed me over here. I'm looking forward to joining in on some of your projects.

My grandmother taught me to knit at the age of 6 and then I taught myself to crochet in my mid-20s. I love almost any kind of needlecraft. I have looked at the pictures of your blankets and am excited to get started.

Thanks,
Beth

Debbie
08-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Welcome, Beth ! This is a great group ... fun and so pretty blankets!

SharonP
08-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Welcome to our little group Beth! It's always exciting when someone new comes to join us! Hope you have fun knitting on your gorgeous blankets!

HollyP
08-17-2010, 02:15 PM
:waving:Hi Beth! Welcome again!!

dawn1838
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi Beth. Welcome to the group. I am fairly new to the group too. Everyone is very nice and so helpful. I enjoyed helping on one of the blankets. I'm sure you will be glad you found us.

ewalker
08-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the group Beth, we are glad you are here.

Katie, did you get Rainbow connection? It was mailed last Thursday and I am a little concerned that it did not make it. I have the conf. number if needed.
Elaine

HollyP
08-18-2010, 12:12 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/4904925646_f635e4edf6_m.jpg My Section - used my old standby loop pattern and a mossy green Vanna's choice.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4904925710_2c53126408.jpg The colors are reading pretty true in this picture. It's a great neutral blanket!

It is now packed up and ready to go to Debbie. I'll hopefully get it in the mail today.

Debbie
08-18-2010, 10:02 PM
It is so pretty I am going to hold my breath till it gets here !!!!!!!