PDA

View Full Version : Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

HollyP
08-18-2010, 11:13 PM
It is so pretty I am going to hold my breath till it gets here !!!!!!!
I hope you don't! We need you Debbie!! It didn't get in the mail today, I'll be sure to mail it tomorrow. So please breathe!:teehee: That way it can take you breath away when it arrives.

I'll also have pictures of Little Boy Blue tomorrow. I am so close to finishing the border.

biztec
08-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Hi gang,

Blue Sky is on the way to Lisa in Arkansas. I'm sorry I took so long to mail it out (it's been finished for some time), but some happy and sad things intervened.

I started Remar-cable and hope to get it out to the next knitter soon. I'll be adding a circular to add to our collection.

Lisa, Blue Sky has one narrow strip because I ran out of yarn, but I think the end result, coupled with the color I picked for the next strip, ended up blending well. I hope you agree!! I also included a little something to apologize for the long delay.

Hugs,
Burma

dawn1838
08-21-2010, 07:54 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/4904925646_f635e4edf6_m.jpg My Section - used my old standby loop pattern and a mossy green Vanna's choice.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4904925710_2c53126408.jpg The colors are reading pretty true in this picture. It's a great neutral blanket!

It is now packed up and ready to go to Debbie. I'll hopefully get it in the mail today.

That blanket looks great! Nice choice of color.:thumbsup:

HollyP
08-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I finally got Bayou Dreams in the mail!I have the delivery confirmation if we need it. Last week was eaten up by a visit from my 7month old niece and of course her parents. Who knew playing peek a boo and snuggling a baby could take up a whole week:teehee:.

How are the rest of the blankets coming?

HollyP
08-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Seeing as how I have an empty set of needles I thought I would start a new blanket. Burma's idea of Neapolitan ice cream has gotten stuck in my head. Do we want to do it that every one does all 3 colors chocolate, off white and pink, just have it be random, or assign colors? Any way is fine with me.

Let me know if you would like to knit on this blanket and your preference!
Thanks!

I know I still have to upload the picture of Little Boy Blue. I have it on the camera just not on the computer.

ewalker
08-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Seeing as how I have an empty set of needles I thought I would start a new blanket. Burma's idea of Neapolitan ice cream has gotten stuck in my head. Do we want to do it that every one does all 3 colors chocolate, off white and pink, just have it be random, or assign colors? Any way is fine with me.

Thanks!

I know I still have to upload the picture of Little Boy Blue. I have it on the camera just not on the computer.

I will help and I do not have a preferene about the way we will do it just let me knowl

biztec
08-28-2010, 07:45 PM

Thanks!

Holly, I'm happy to help as well. I almost finished with Remar-cable, so I can add another after that. I have all three colors in my stash, and think it would be fun for each of us to do all three colors unless others don't have them available. Instead of 4" strips, we could do 3 x 2" and then we wouldn't need quite as many knitters (or we could make a bigger blanket). Maybe we should wait until everyone signs up and then the majority rules!

Hugs,

Debbie
08-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Bayou Dreams is in Florida and is GORGEOUS !!! I can't wait to get to work on it ! Thanks Holly :muah:

Debbie
08-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Holly, what is the pattern for you loops ... I love them!

msbookie
08-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi Holly,

I'd love to work on this blanket. This being my first project with the group I don't really have any preferences and will be happy to go along with whatever you come up with.

Thanks Beth

Howdovely
08-29-2010, 09:11 AM

Love the Neapolitan idea! Do you need another knitter? I'm not currently on any blankets so I can go on a few now. I actually don't have any of these colors (believe it or not!) so I'll just buy one color, or all three depending on whats decided!

HollyP
08-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Great! I have myself, SharonP, Ewalker, Biztec, MsBookie,and howdovely down for Neapolitan.
We just need someone to do the border.
I like the idea of everyone doing all 3 colors for 2 inches. Is that OK with everyone? If not we can work something else out.

Debbie, the pattern I use is
row 1 knit
row 2(wrong side) k1, slip 1 across
row 3: knit
row 4: slip1 knit 1 across
repeat

HollyP
08-30-2010, 01:36 AM
I've received a couple of PMs about Neapolitan. Let's go ahead and do it random. If you would like to use all three color feel free but it is not required. And we will keep it regular sized.
I'll be casting on today with chocolate and seeing where my stash takes me after that.
ETA: Thanks to everyone who signed up! This one filled up quickly!!
Neapolitan Ice Cream
HollyP
SharonP
MsBookie
HowDovely
Biztec
Ewalker
Need a border

Debbie
09-01-2010, 08:01 PM
:sun: Bayou Dreams is on its way to the beach with me for the weekend:sun:

ewalker
09-01-2010, 09:00 PM

Could you snap a picture and load it to this site, have not seen blanket's progress in a while.

Thanks

ewalker
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
How is Rainbow Connection coming along? Would love to see pictures.

HollyP
09-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Could you snap a picture and load it to this site, have not seen blanket's progress in a while.
Thanks

You can see the most up to date pictures one page back.

How is Rainbow Connection coming along? Would love to see pictures.
I just sent a message to check on it. I agree we need to see more pictures!
Have fun!!! I guess you guys aren't having to worry about Hurricane Earl that far south. Must be nice! We are hoping and praying it stays east.

Debbie
09-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Sure, I will take a picture at the beach and then when I finish it up. Holly posted pix before she sent it to me a few posts back ... it is BEAUTIFUL !

Debbie
09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Holly, we may get a little rain but Earl knows that this is Girls at the Beach weekend ... and there are NO BOYS ALLOWED ! My granddaughters, daughter in law and I have been doing a girls week end at the beach every since our oldest grandaughter was 1 ... This is Girls @the Beach 10 ... and we added another grand girl at # 5 :)

Praying that the hurricane will stay out in the ocean and not cause loss and damage. Stay safe!!!

LBECK
09-02-2010, 04:48 AM
I received Blue Sky in mail a few days ago. Haven't started it still finishing up on Splish Splash. Had a baby gift get in between but I will be back to work on it this weekend and hopefully start on Blue Sky as no more babies until Feb are due around here.

I will be starting on Christmas though soon. Has anyone else started on Christmas yet? I know some people work on that all year. I just don't have the time.. it seems like every time I turn around there is a baby coming here.

Thank you, Burma, for the little surprise in the bag. Love them.

knitgirl2007
09-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Well I finally finished Sesame Street and it will go out in the mail to Sharon today. I have finished Rainbow Connection (love this blanket) and I need Civicsista's address for mailing.

I took pictures with my iPhone. Not very good shots but it gives you a peek!!

Rainbow Connection

Sesame Street

Katie

HollyP
09-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks Katie!! They look great!
I'll PM Civicsista now.

kellybigeyes
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Hello Everyone!! I just wanted to let everyone know that our new addition has arrived!!:woohoo:

Annabella Hope.... We are calling her Bella

She was born on Wed. Aug 18. So she turned 2 weeks old yesterday! (Sorry I am just getting around to posting... things have been crazy.... but wonderful!) She was born at 1:47pm. And was 7 lbs and 13 oz and was 20 1/2 in long. And PERFECT I might add!! No problems at all!

She is already sleeping all night...or what I consider all night. Last feeding of the night is around 10:30 and then she doesn't get up again until 5 or 5:30.

Her BIG sister is doing GREAT!! Has not been jealous at all!!

I hope you are all doing well!!

ewalker
09-02-2010, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=kellybigeyes;1299141]Hello Everyone!! I just wanted to let everyone know that our new addition has arrived!!:woohoo:

Annabella Hope.... We are calling her Bella

Let me be the first to congratulate you and Bella.

HollyP
09-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Congratulations Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her name!! 2 weeks old and sleeping 6 hours straight- wow! I am so happy to hear everything is going well. :hug:

HollyP
09-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Elaine is starting a blanket for us! Sign up are open for Candy Cane
We need 5 knitters and someone on the border.

I finished my section of Neapolitan Ice Cream and passed it on to Sharon today.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/4952813623_7b9063b195_m.jpg

While I was loading pictures I finally got around to getting Little Boy Blue on my computer. I had a hard time capturing the true colors of this one. This is the closest I got.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/4952813581_2b4260dc5d.jpg

biztec
09-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Holly, Neapolitan looks great! I'd be glad to do a border.

msbookie
09-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I'd love to work on Candy Cane. With my husband away working in NYC I have lots of time for projects! ;)

CivicSista
09-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I'll take a spot on Candy Cane as well.
Thanks,
Tracy

HollyP
09-06-2010, 11:28 AM
So far I have Elaine, MsBookie, Civicsista and Knitgirl2007 for Candy Cane. We still need 2 more knitters and someone on the border. Any takers?

Hope everyone is having a great rest of the holiday weekend. We are having the nicest fall like weather it is such a treat!

Shandeh
09-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Hello Everyone!! I just wanted to let everyone know that our new addition has arrived!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:
Congratulations, Kelly! cloud9

HollyP
09-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I just realized we started knitting blankets as the SE group in Aug. of 2008. Happy belated 2 year anniversary everyone!!!!:balloons::grphug: Wow where has the time gone???
I also realized that we had planned on my donating the blankets when we had 10 finished. A lot of life has happened and we now have 14 blankets here ready. I'll call tomorrow and see exactly what needs to be done to donate. I want to donate them as soon as possible. I'm hoping to be able to do it this week sometime.

SharonP
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Congratulations Kelly!! Glad to hear that everything is going so well!

Sharon:hug:

LBECK
09-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Congratulations Kelly.... Love the name for your little angel.

Holly if you still need someone to work on Candy Cane I will be glad to help.

Howdovely
09-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi all
just catching up on the posts here.....
Congratulations Kelly!! Love the name!!

If we need one more knitter on Candy Cane, I can do it. I think im on one other, but I should have time to do another.

Brenda

Shandeh
09-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Happy 2 Year Anniversary, Oddball Baby Blankets!
:cheering: :heart: :woohoo: :heart: :cheering:

HollyP
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Yay!!! Candy Cane is full! Thanks everyone!
The Knitters:
Elaine
MsBookie
Civicsista
Knitgirl2007
Howdovely
LBeck
HollyP-border

SharonP
09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Katie,
Just wanted to let you know that I received Sesame Street. It looks so great! Thank you for the adorable notepad and magnet set. I really appreciate it.

Sharon

kellybigeyes
09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words!! We are doing GREAT!! Getting adjusted quite well! :woohoo:

CivicSista
09-11-2010, 03:34 AM
I received Rainbow Connection in the mail today :)

HollyP
09-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi all! Sharon has decided to start another blanket for us!:woohoo: It's called Jiggly Jello. We need 5 knitter and someone on the border. Thanks!

ETA: I received Sesame Street last night. It looks great!! Now the hard part of choosing my character. :teehee:

CivicSista
09-17-2010, 08:52 AM
rainbow connection should be ready to go by Monday.

HollyP
09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
I'll check with the next knitter now.

msbookie
09-17-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm up for knitting some Jiggly Jello ... sounds fun!

:woot: Beth

dawn1838
09-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Hi all! Sharon has decided to start another blanket for us!:woohoo: It's called Jiggly Jello. We need 5 knitter and someone on the border. Thanks!

ETA: I received Sesame Street last night. It looks great!! Now the hard part of choosing my character. :teehee:

I would like to knit on Jiggly Jello. I will be away next week but put my name on the list.

Thanks

HollyP
09-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey everyone we have another new knitter from Ravelry!:woot: Please welcome bpmcwill if you are over there.

So far I have 4 knitters for Jiggly Jello- this name makes me smile every time I say or type it! We still need 2 more knitters and someone to do the border. Thanks!

ewalker
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey everyone we have another new knitter from Ravelry!:woot: Please welcome bpmcwill if you are over there.

So far I have 4 knitters for Jiggly Jello- this name makes me smile every time I say or type it! We still need 2 more knitters and someone to do the border. Thanks!

I will be glad to work on jiggly jello. I have a dog but am very allergic to cats and cigarette smoke.

biztec
09-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi!

I finally got my life straight and finished the beginning section of Remar-cable. Who's next??

Hugs,

SharonP
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Beth,
I mailed Neopolitan today and have the delivery confirmation if you need it. hope you are doing well!

HollyP
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi!

I finally got my life straight and finished the beginning section of Remar-cable. Who's next??

Hugs,
Glad to hear things are going better!:hug: I'll check with the next knitter now.

ETA: I just realized we still need one more knitter on Remar-cable. It is not an immediate opening you would be the 5th knitter .
Remar-cable
Biztec
Debbie
Ewalker
LECK
need a knitter
HollyP
border- HollyP

Howdovely
09-20-2010, 04:26 PM
It's called Jiggly Jello.

Love the name! Cracks me up!

Debbie
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Bayou Dreams at the Beach !

HollyP
09-20-2010, 11:22 PM
What a lovely location for one of our blankets! Did you enjoy your girls weekend?

Debbie
09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
It was an amazingly wonderful time. I did not actually knit a single stitch on the blanket but I think it enjoyed the view.
I am on my way to Colorado for a week and will take it with me and finish it there.... I will take pictures in the cool crisp breeze... which I am looking forward to, because it is a zillion degrees here and so very hot !

LBECK
09-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I am loving the color way of Bayou Dreams!!! And the location fit very well with the colors.

Ooooh to be in a cooler place right now. It is very hot here in AR.

Anyone else got pics of the blankets you are working on? I should soon have pics of at least two finished blankies.

CivicSista
09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
I will post one tonight of rainbow connection :) It will be in the mail tomorrow.

ewalker
09-21-2010, 08:37 PM
I was wondering what had happened to Bayou Dreams. I did the beige color 3rd from the beginning. I was afraid it was lost.:muah:

CivicSista
09-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Here is Rainbow connection.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5013614628_0d01986ee3_z.jpg

HollyP
09-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Brenda , me too! I can't wait for it to be started, I know it will be a fun one.

Tracie, Rainbow Connection looks great!! Thanks for the picture!

Lisa, I hope you get the beautiful fall weather we've been having soon! I can't wait to see the blankets you have!!

Debbie, Have fun in CO. About 10 years ago I went to Colorado and have wanted to go back ever since.

msbookie
09-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks Sharon, I received Neopolitan today and have already gotten started. It looks great so far!

msbookie
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear things are going better!:hug: I'll check with the next knitter now.

ETA: I just realized we still need one more knitter on Remar-cable. It is not an immediate opening you would be the 5th knitter .
Remar-cable
Biztec
Debbie
Ewalker
LECK
need a knitter
HollyP
border- HollyP

Holly if you still need a knitter for this blanket I'm up for it.
:happydance: Beth

melmac51
09-23-2010, 12:48 PM

If you still need someone, I'd like to knit on Jiggly Jello. I've been working on the Oddball Pet Snuggles, and worked on two crocheted charity blankets. Just let me know!

HollyP
09-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Melanie, Welcome!! I'll put you down for Jiggly Jello. I just need you to PM me your name and address. Thanks!

ETA: Thanks Beth ! Remar-cable is full!

We still need one more knitter and someone on border for Jiggly Jello.
The Knitters:
SharonP
Bpmcwill(new knitter from Rav)
Dawn1838
MsBookie
Melmac51
need a knitter
need a border

This is just the order in which people signed up not necessarily the order the blanket will be sent. If I missed any please let me know it was definitely unintentional!

ewalker
09-23-2010, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=HollyP;1301034]Hi Melanie, Welcome!! I'll put you down for Jiggly Jello. I just need you to PM me your name and address. Thanks!

The Knitters:
SharonP
Dawn1838
MsBookie
Melmac51
need a knitter
need a border
I would like to be added to Jiggly Jello

ewalker
09-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Holly,
Candy Cane will be ready for the next knitter by Monday. Will you please let me know what the address is?

msbookie
09-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Neopolitan is ready for the next knitter. Here's what we have so far ... Beth

HollyP
09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Elaine, I'll PM the next knitter. Do you have pictures? We love pictures.

WOW! Neapolitan looks amazing!!!!:inlove: I'll PM the next knitter now. Beth when you signed up you didn't say you were a speed knitter. :teehee:

ewalker
09-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Neopolitin is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.
What is the stitch pattern?

msbookie
09-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Neopolitin is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.
What is the stitch pattern?

Elaine, the stitch pattern on my section (third) is called Honeycomb -- super easy to do!

ewalker
09-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Elaine, the stitch pattern on my section (third) is called Honeycomb -- super easy to do!

Thanks for the info, I must find it and give it a try. I really do like it.

LBECK
09-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks, Holly, I am just now getting the fall weather. I has been really pretty here this weekend. Now I think we are in for some rain though. :happydance:

I LOVE!!!! Neopolitan it is beautiful. Great work guys!!! :cheering:

I will certainly post picks of the three I have as I finish them. I am a little bit behind as I have had a baby and some fair projects to finish for this week. The fair starts Tuesday.

I will be getting going and try to finish all 3 of them up by next week though. :woot:

biztec
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi Gang,

I'm finally getting everything together to send this blanket on to Debbie. I've never started one before, so I almost forgot the instruction sheet, the pattern, and the card. I will get it in the mail today or tomorrow, but here are a couple of pictures (I couldn't capture the exact color, but it's between these two--I'd call it burnt orange):

SharonP
09-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Burma,
That looks so cool! i can't wait to see what looks like when it is finished!

ewalker
09-30-2010, 10:02 PM
How do I post pictures of my part of the candy cane Christmas odball blankie. Please keep it simple, that is almost all I am capable of on a normal day. Today, I might not be able to follow instructions for a 3 year old. (14 hours in a high school classroom will do that to you.):woohoo:

Thanks,

Elaine

HollyP
10-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Elaine, the easiest way for me is to upload them to Flickr (free) . Once the picture is on flickr there will be a drop down menu at the upper left corner that says actions. Click on the view all sizes option. Choose medium 500. Right click the picture. Choose copy image location. Come to knitting help. reply to the thread. Above where you write there is an icon that looks like mtns with a yellow background click it. Paste the Url you just copied. Et viola! Picture posting in 800 easy steps!:teehee:

If this is too complicated let me know!

ETA: I hit send waaaaaay to soon.
Burma, Remar-cable looks great! Perfect color for fall knitting!

I finally decide to do Bert and Ernie for my section of Sesame Street. Almost done with Bert and will be getting my Ernie yarn back from Sharon tomorrow.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I'll try to check in but in case I don't I wanted you all to know I am not ignoring you. I'll be back Sunday maybe Monday.

ewalker
10-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Elaine, the easiest way for me is to upload them to Flickr (free) . Once the picture is on flickr there will be a drop down menu at the upper left corner that says actions. Click on the view all sizes option. Choose medium 500. Right click the picture. Choose copy image location. Come to knitting help. reply to the thread. Above where you write there is an icon that looks like mtns with a yellow background click it. Paste the Url you just copied. Et viola! Picture posting in 800 easy steps!:teehee:

If this is too complicated let me know!

ETA: I hit send waaaaaay to soon.
Burma, Remar-cable looks great! Perfect color for fall knitting!

I finally decide to do Bert and Ernie for my section of Sesame Street. Almost done with Bert and will be getting my Ernie yarn back from Sharon tomorrow.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I'll try to check in but in case I don't I wanted you all to know I am not ignoring you. I'll be back Sunday maybe Monday.

I signed on and downloaded the pics but do not see anything about actions.

ewalker
10-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I signed on and downloaded the pics but do not see anything about actions.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54453096@N02/5043274126/sizes/m/in/photostream/http://www.flivckr.com/photos/54453096@NO2/5043274126/sizes/m/in/photostream/

ewalker
10-01-2010, 10:01 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54453096@N02/5043274126/sizes/m/in/photostream/http://www.flivckr.com/photos/54453096@NO2/5043274126/sizes/m/in/photostream/

It did not download so you automatically see the picture but it is there if you click on it. Will try with one more.

:aww:

Elaine

ewalker
10-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Did try once more.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/5060049456_1c12f28157.jpg

Elaine

biztec
10-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Did try once more.

www.flickr.com/photos/54453096@N02/5043274350/sizes/m/in/photostream/

Elaine
Candy Cane is going to be so cute!! Great job gals.

Hugs,

biztec
10-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Neapolitan:

This is so beautiful and I love the pink and white stripes in between the two strips with chocolate!! Great job.

Hugs,

biztec
10-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Hi Melanie, Welcome!! I'll put you down for Jiggly Jello. I just need you to PM me your name and address. Thanks!

The Knitters:
SharonP
Dawn1838
MsBookie
Melmac51
need a knitter
need a border

This is just the order in which people signed up not necessarily the order the blanket will be sent. If I missed any please let me know it was definitely unintentional!
I'd be happy to work on Jiggly Jello!

HollyP
10-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Elaine, you are so close to getting them to show up as pictures! All you have to do is click on the circled icon and paste your image's url. BTW Candy Cane looks great!! http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5053953321_0289ec8fe2.jpg

Burma , thanks!
Jiggly Jello is now full!

Jiggly Jello
SharonP
Melmac51
Ewalker
MsBookie
BPMCWill
Dawn1838
Biztec

ewalker
10-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Elaine, you are so close to getting them to show up as pictures! All you have to do is click on the circled icon and paste your image's url. BTW Candy Cane looks great!! http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5053953321_0289ec8fe2.jpg

Burma , thanks!
Jiggly Jello is now full!

Jiggly Jello
SharonP
Melmac51
Ewalker
MsBookie
BPMCWill
Dawn1838
Biztec

Will try it again next time I knit on a blanket.

ewalker
10-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Candy Cane is going to be so cute!! Great job gals.

Hugs,

Thanks

Howdovely
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Received Neopolitan in the mail a few days ago. It's beatiful!

Question: Are we supposed to use all three colors in our section? I don't have any of them, so just wanted to know what to buy.

Thanks!

Shandeh
10-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I posted the photo of "Candy Cane" for you, ewalker. :hug:

HollyP
10-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Brenda, You can use any one or all of the colors it doesn't matter!

LBECK
10-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Sharon, I have sent you a set of needles to start a new blanket with at Holly's request. Just wanted you to know that they are in the mail.

Debbie
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Bayou Dreams is beautiful, the yarn colors and knitting are amazing ! I finished the last section and edge at my brother's cabin in Colorado. (altitude: 11,110 ft.) I surprised him with "yard art" for the entrance to his driveway.

HollyP
10-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Is it sad that I am jealous of one of our blankets for all the traveling it's been doing? :teehee: Bayou Dreams looks amazing!!! Great job everyone!!

dawn1838
10-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Is it sad that I am jealous of one of our blankets for all the traveling it's been doing? :teehee: Bayou Dreams looks amazing!!! Great job everyone!!

I am kind of jealous too. But I am excited about the places it has been and proud of how it turned out! I am looking forward to the next one. :yay:

SharonP
10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey guys! I received the needles from Lisa today so I will be getting Jello jiggling tonight. Hope everyone is doing well!

CivicSista
10-17-2010, 06:14 PM
I received candy cane in the mail yesterday. Elaine thank you so much for the stitch markers, so pretty.

ewalker
10-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed mine.

I received candy cane in the mail yesterday. Elaine thank you so much for the stitch markers, so pretty.

HollyP
10-24-2010, 01:23 PM
:waving:Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's been slow on the thread lately. Is everyone busy with fall activities? I've been knitting baby gifts but have finally gotten back to Sesame Street. Glad I am the last knitter or I would be seriously holding this blanket up! I decided to Bert( or is it Burt?) and Ernie as separate sections. Mostly because I went more than 2 inches with Bert before I realized it. :teehee:

I left a message for the volunteer coordinator weeks ago about donating the blankets soon. I just realized I hadn't heard back from her. Guess I'll keep leaving messages until I hear something.

CivicSista
10-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I've been busy knitting socks- boy are those addictive.

Candy cane should be ready to go by Tuesday. :)

CivicSista
10-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Just noticed- is there a card for Candy Cane? It is ready to go :)\

HollyP
10-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Elaine, was there a card with Candy Cane?

ewalker
10-25-2010, 07:58 PM

Elaine, was there a card with Candy Cane?
No, I remembered it the day after I put it in the mail.,
Elaine

HollyP
10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Just noticed- is there a card for Candy Cane? It is ready to go :)\

No, I remembered it the day after I put it in the mail.,
Elaine
Tracie, would you mind putting a card with it? Thanks.

CivicSista
10-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Sure can- what names have to go in?

HollyP
10-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks so much! Just you and Elaine have knit on it so far. Elaine started with 2 sections.

SharonP
10-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey Jiggly Jello knitters!! I just finished my section and it ended up measuring 5 inches from start to finish. I would be happy to tink back a few rows to make it less than 5 inches or I could leave it, depending on what everybody else wants to do. IJust let me know either way!

ewalker
10-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey Jiggly Jello knitters!! I just finished my section and it ended up measuring 5 inches from start to finish. I would be happy to tink back a few rows to make it less than 5 inches or I could leave it, depending on what everybody else wants to do. IJust let me know either way!

My vote is leave it. What is one more inch?

Howdovely
10-26-2010, 07:38 PM

I say leave it. So it'll be a little longer than planned - no biggie!

Howdovely
10-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Hello everyone! Was just wondering if we've donated blankets lately? I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but I don't remember reading about it or seeing any pictures in a long time. Where are they going? I know there are tons of places around here that always need donations, so I got to wondering about the ones we've finished the past few months.

Just wondering. If I've completely missed it, I'm sorry!

dawn1838
10-26-2010, 08:01 PM

I vote to leave it too.

SharonP
10-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks ladies!! I will just leave it then since everyone agrees to do so. I honestly think it wouldn't hurt to have a slightly larger blanket anyway. I'll probably be sending it out either tomorrow or Friday.

CivicSista
10-27-2010, 11:09 AM
I need to get signed up on a blanket- I don't think I am on any list at the moment.

HollyP
10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Hello everyone! Was just wondering if we've donated blankets lately? I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but I don't remember reading about it or seeing any pictures in a long time. Where are they going? I know there are tons of places around here that always need donations, so I got to wondering about the ones we've finished the past few months.

Just wondering. If I've completely missed it, I'm sorry!
You didn't miss it! I am currently trying to get in touch with the coordinator to see exactly what needs to be done to donate. I received an email last week that they needed donations and to contact them to arrange it. I'm hoping to donate them this week or next!

melmac51
10-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks ladies!! I will just leave it then since everyone agrees to do so. I honestly think it wouldn't hurt to have a slightly larger blanket anyway. I'll probably be sending it out either tomorrow or Friday.

I'll be waitin'!

HollyP
10-27-2010, 09:43 PM
I need to get signed up on a blanket- I don't think I am on any list at the moment.
How timely! I was just coming to post about starting 2 new blankets. I am sooo close to finishing Sesame Street.

I had talked about doing a striped blanket with one skein traveling with blanket. Everyone would use that yarn and their own to make a striped blanket. This blanket could be a great stash buster! Some how I ended up with a ton of white CSS. So I guess we'll call it White Stripes unless anyone can come up with a better name.
I'll cast on for it as soon as I finish Sesame Street. I promise I'll do it by the weekend!! We need 5 knitters and someone on border.
Thanks.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month I thought we could do Think Pink. Does anyone who currently has some of our needles want to start it? Thanks. We'll need 6 knitter and someone on border.

Debbie
10-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Holly,
Put me down for Stripes and I will start Think Pink with the needles from Bayou Dreams !!!!!

CivicSista
10-28-2010, 04:17 PM
You can put me down for stripes. Sounds fun!

ewalker
10-28-2010, 08:29 PM
How timely! I was just coming to post about starting 2 new blankets. I am sooo close to finishing Sesame Street.

I had talked about doing a striped blanket with one skein traveling with blanket. Everyone would use that yarn and their own to make a striped blanket. This blanket could be a great stash buster! Some how I ended up with a ton of white CSS. So I guess we'll call it White Stripes unless anyone can come up with a better name.
I'll cast on for it as soon as I finish Sesame Street. I promise I'll do it by the weekend!! We need 5 knitters and someone on border.
Thanks.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month I thought we could do Think Pink. Does anyone who currently has some of our needles want to start it? Thanks. We'll need 6 knitter and someone on border.

Please put me down for both if you want to, or only one if there are many responses.

Elaine

HollyP
10-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Happy Halloween! I've had fun so far this weekend. On Friday I went on a Ghost walk in Williamsburg, VA. We didn't see anything spooky but had a good time. Last night I went to an oyster roast/ costume party. I didn't find out it was a costume party until about an hour before so I went as myself. Thankfully I wasn't the only one not in costume.

So far we have myself, Debbie, Civicsista,& Ewalker on White Stripes. I'll be casting on tonight in between trick or treaters.
We need 2 more knitters and someone on border.

Think Pink has Debbie, Ewalker, and SharonP so we need 3 more knitters and someone on border. I'd be happy to be last and on border on this one if no one else wants it.

biztec
10-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Holly, you can put me down for both and I'd be happy to do the last section and border on Think Pink. Looking forward to it!!

Hugs,

knitgirl2007
11-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Holly, I will be happy to knit on both blankets. If you need a border, I can do the last section and the border on one.

Glad you had a fun halloween. It was such a beautiful fall day. Loving it.

Katie
knitgirl2007

HollyP
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the response everyone!
Think Pink needs one more knitter. So far I have Debbie, Elaine, Sharon, Katie, and Burma.

White Stripes is full! I think this is the first time that they way people signed up actually works geographically for mailing. I try to send the blankets farthest away when they are small and closer as they get larger to save on postage.

White Stripes
HollyP
Debbie
Civicsista
EWalker
Biztec
Knitgirl2007 also doing the border.

msbookie
11-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Candy Cane was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Thanks for the sticky notes CivicSista! I couldn't find a card in the package -- do you have one or should I find one to put in?

msbookie
11-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Candy Cane is ready for the next knitter ... here's what it looks like so far ...

Howdovely
11-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Neopolitan is done! Here's a pic. I took it with my phone, but it came out pretty good!

Debbie
11-02-2010, 10:50 PM
They are BOTH so very pretty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HollyP
11-02-2010, 11:08 PM
They are both looking so good!:inlove::inlove: I love coming here and seeing picture of our blankets!!

Beth, I'll PM the next knitter now.

Debbie
11-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I FINALLY bought envelopes for Bayou Dreams (finished and going to Holly for gifting) and Remar Cable today. They are packed up and ready to go to the Post Office tomorrow.
Here are some pictures of Remar Cable ! It did not get a vacation ...

Debbie
11-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Mailed them both this morning !!!!!!

Debbie
11-05-2010, 05:54 PM
THINK PINK !!!
Think Pink is ready for the next knitter !! The pinkest picture is the closest to its "true color" !

ewalker
11-07-2010, 07:09 PM
They are both looking so good!:inlove::inlove: I love coming here and seeing picture of our blankets!!

Beth, I'll PM the next knitter now.

Neopolitin Ice Cream came on Sat. It is beautiful and I am having difficulty deciding what I want to add. Thanks for the sticky notes, (Brenda in NC. I think) I will enjoy using them they are always so very handy.

LBECK
11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
The blankets are sooo very beautiful!!! I love the colors!! Great Job guys!!!

Debbie
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Lisa, one of them is on it's way to you, but I can't remember which one !! I mailed Think Pink today.

LBECK
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Debbie,

I received Remar cable today in the mail. It looks even better in person than in the pics. Very nice. I will do my best to keep that going. Now, to find just the right yarn for it. :woot:

HollyP
11-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Sesame Street is still needing it's border. I saw the perfect yarn last week and will buy it tomorrow. We had a new knitter on Sesame Street at the end. I've teaching my neighbor and her daughter to knit for the past few weeks. One day we were all knitting together and I was working on Sesame Street. Sierra the 7 year old daughter loved it! She asked me if she could knit on it. I thought sure why not, thinking she would do a few rows on my section. But Sierra had other plans, she wanted to knit her own character section. So she did. Sierra and her mom worked on it every night this past week and gave it back to me today. I'll have pictures tomorrow. I'm so proud of her!

White Stripes has been passed to Sharon. Again I'll post pictures tomorrow. My camera batteries died during my blanket photo shoot this afternoon.

Bayou Dreams arrived safe and sound on Saturday. It is gorgeous!! I loooove the border Debbie. Thank you!!!

Howdovely
11-09-2010, 08:38 AM
You're very welcome!!

Neopolitin Ice Cream came on Sat. It is beautiful and I am having difficulty deciding what I want to add. Thanks for the sticky notes, (Brenda in NC. I think) I will enjoy using them they are always so very handy.

msbookie
11-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Candy Cane left today and is on its way to Katie. I love the red and white colors, it's so bright and cheerful!

SharonP
11-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Debbie,
I've received Think Pink. I just love the pink you used! Hope you are doing well!

HollyP
11-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Wow this week really got away from me. I was really feeling under the weather and had no energy. I finally have all the pictures I promised. Here is Sesame Street finished. It is officially the SE's longest blanket with 8 sections. You can see all the section in detail on the blog(link in my signature) It looks great in person much better than the pictures! The border is Loops and Thread version of Homespun. It has red, orange, blue, purple, and gold in it, which all look just red on my computer.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/5175727744_9cbef91a69.jpg

Here is the beginning of White Stripes!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/5175626526_ed8d23f3a8.jpg

bailchri
11-14-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm from the West Coast/Central group and I just love looking at the other regions' posts. I was looking through your blog and you all are some very talented knitters! Beautiful blankets, I love some of your ideas!

HollyP
11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks Bailey!! I'm glad I am not the only one checking out the other groups work. It's so fun to see everyone's creativity!!

LBECK
11-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey guys,
I am a bit stumped on the remar cable blanket. First thing is the memo calls for 100 stitches and I count 105 which one is correct? This might answer my other questions so I will wait on them until I get the correct count. :aww:

HollyP
11-16-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't know for certain but my guess is the 105 is correct. If the memo is the original memo it says 100 and it's easy for people forget to change the number.
Burma do you remember the number of stitches?

biztec
11-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi Holly,

I think I used 105 so there would be 3 purls on each end and the remainder would be divisible by the pattern repeat and any leading stitches. I hope that helps!!

Hugs,
Burma

SharonP
11-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Karen,
I'm mailing Think Pink to you this afternnon. I'll be sure to get delivery confirmation in case you need it. hope you have as mauch fun on this blanket as I di!

ewalker
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
You're very welcome!!

Brenda, what was the type of brown yarn that you used on Neopolitan. I bought one but do not like the color with those of everyone else. I have Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate Brown.

HollyP
11-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Hi Elaine! I'm not Brenda but I used Red Heart Soft in Espresso for my section (the first one). In the pictures her brown looks the same as mine.

ewalker
11-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Hi Elaine! I'm not Brenda but I used Red Heart Soft in Espresso for my section (the first one). In the pictures her brown looks the same as mine.

I have not seen Red Heart Soft in the stores here and all the brown in the blanket so far seem to be the same.. I will need to keep looking because the Caron has too much red in it to look good with all the pink and the other brown color in the blanket. Thanks for the info.

Howdovely
11-18-2010, 08:28 AM
I used I Love This Yarn, Brown. I think that is actually Hobby Lobby's brand of yarn? I love it. It's $3.49 and it's a big soft skein w/355 yards on it. With their 40% off coupon, it's only $2.09!

Brenda, what was the type of brown yarn that you used on Neopolitan. I bought one but do not like the color with those of everyone else. I have Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate Brown.

ewalker
11-18-2010, 06:36 PM
I used I Love This Yarn, Brown. I think that is actually Hobby Lobby's brand of yarn? I love it. It's $3.49 and it's a big soft skein w/355 yards on it. With their 40% off coupon, it's only $2.09!

There are Hobby Lobby's in my area and I will try looking there. Thanks.

knitgirl2007
11-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I have Candy Cane and it is so cute. Beth I like your stranded section. Thank you for the sticky tabs. I use these to mark my place on a pattern.

I purchased the yarn today for my section and will try to have it ready by the end of next week.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Katie

melmac51
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Hello All,

Jiggly Jello is ready for the next knitter. All I need is an address!

Thanks

:grphug:

CivicSista
11-24-2010, 11:02 AM
All the blankets look great!!

I have had no time for knitting the past couple weeks. I picked up a second job, which I thought was going to be part time, and turned into full time. Last week I worked 70 hours plus school- as you can see doesn't leave me much time for knitting.

I know I am on for white stripes which I will take with me to work and work on my lunch break. How is that one coming along?

HollyP
11-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Tracy, Big hugs!!! Hoping the paycheck is worth the extra craziness. White Stripes is going to be mailed Monday or Tuesday of next week to the knitter before you. You should be getting it in 3ish weeks. I have pictures I just need to get them on my computer.

Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I am truly thankful for each one of you! I was so worried when Dawn disappeared about our group falling apart. But that obviously didn't happen! The way everyone banded together and just kept on knitting made me so proud to be a part of this group. The love and care everyone puts into the blankets is so evident when you see them. :grphug:

dawn1838
11-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I am truly thankful for each one of you! I was so worried when Dawn disappeared about our group falling apart. But that obviously didn't happen! The way everyone banded together and just kept on knitting made me so proud to be a part of this group. The love and care everyone puts into the blankets is so evident when you see them. :grphug:[/QUOTE]

Holly, Thank you for helping to keep the group together. I came in just as Dawn was missing. It was strange seeing all the posts about "Mama Dawn" because that is what my children's friends all call me! I enjoy being a part of this group. This may sound selfish but I get a lot of satisfaction out of knitting on theses blankets. I look forward to getting the next one. Happy Thanksgiving!

ewalker
11-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Tracy, Big hugs!!! Hoping the paycheck is worth the extra craziness. White Stripes is going to be mailed Monday or Tuesday of next week to the knitter before you. You should be getting it in 3ish weeks. I have pictures I just need to get them on my computer.

Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I am truly thankful for each one of you! I was so worried when Dawn disappeared about our group falling apart. But that obviously didn't happen! The way everyone banded together and just kept on knitting made me so proud to be a part of this group. The love and care everyone puts into the blankets is so evident when you see them. :grphug:

Holly,
Neopolitan Icecream will be ready for the mail by tomorrow (Sat) or Monday if you will send me the next knitter's info.

Elaine

biztec
11-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Did anyone ever find out what happened to Dawn?

Hugs,

HollyP
11-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Unfortunately, no.

melmac51
11-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Jiggly Jello is on its way.

Confirmation # 03101230000232006443

ewalker
12-01-2010, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=melmac51;1306667]Jiggly Jello is on its way.

Confirmation # 03101230000232006443[/QUOTE

Jiggly Jello arrived today. Is it just a bright color or ones own choice. I lookied back to when it was started and I found no order of colors or anything like that.

HollyP
12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Just Jello flavor colors. Nothing was set with this one!

ewalker
12-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Ok, it did not go out today as planned because I left the next knitters little surprise at home. Hopefully tomorrow.

ewalker
12-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Holly, Jiggly Jello is almost ready. Need address of next knitter. I can have it ready to go out Mon. pm. Neopolitan Ice Cream will go out at that time too.

HollyP
12-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi Elaine, I just sent a PM to the next knitter. Can you take pictures? We haven't seen this one yet. Thanks!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

ewalker
12-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi Elaine, I just sent a PM to the next knitter. Can you take pictures? We haven't seen this one yet. Thanks!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I have taken pics and will get them on the site as soon as I can.
By the way, I got a pm from you but there was nothing there. Hope it was not important.

HollyP
12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
That's weird. Did you get the PM about Beth's address?

ewalker
12-06-2010, 01:44 PM
That's weird. Did you get the PM about Beth's address?

No I did not get a name or address for Beth.

ewalker
12-06-2010, 10:05 PM
No I did not get a name or address for Beth.

I got Beth' info and I mailed jiggly jello to her this afternoon, I have confirmation number if needed. It should be there before the end of the week.

Burma, I sent Neopolitan Ice Cream out to you and it shoud be there after mid week. I have the confirmation number if it is needed. Happy knitting to both of you!

Elaine

HollyP
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm so sorry I dropped the ball on contacting the hospital about donating after leaving a few messages. Then life got a little hairy with both my Mom and I getting the flu. :ick:
In the midst of getting over the flu I asked Sharon to take over the calling. She finally got in touch last night with someone. We will be going down on Tuesday to donate!:woot:

Howdovely
12-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Yay! Try to take some pictures!!

I'm so sorry I dropped the ball on contacting the hospital about donating after leaving a few messages. Then life got a little hairy with both my Mom and I getting the flu. :ick:
In the midst of getting over the flu I asked Sharon to take over the calling. She finally got in touch last night with someone. We will be going down on Tuesday to donate!:woot:

HollyP
12-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Yay! Try to take some pictures!!
Will do!

Shandeh
12-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Go Southeast! :muah:

msbookie
12-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I received Jiggly Jello yesterday afternoon.

Also received the news that we will be moving to NJ for the next year as my husband's contract in Manhattan was extended. So this will be my last blanket with this group. It has been lots of fun, thanks! If we end up moving back to the SE I will be back!

ewalker
12-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I received Jiggly Jello yesterday afternoon.

Also received the news that we will be moving to NJ for the next year as my husband's contract in Manhattan was extended. So this will be my last blanket with this group. It has been lots of fun, thanks! If we end up moving back to the SE I will be back!

Sorry you are going but go with Godspeed.

HollyP
12-10-2010, 10:47 PM
:hug:Beth! We'll miss you!!! The NE oddballers are very lucky to get you. Thanks for all you did!

knitgirl2007
12-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi, I received Think Pink on Sat. Karen, thank you for the tea. It will be used during these cold days and nights.

Katie

ewalker
12-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Just checking to make sure Neopolitan Icecream arrived :hug:

HollyP
12-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey everyone. Donating our blankets was slightly postponed. I forgot I had another appt. Tuesday when I was supposed to take the blankets. I am planning on going tomorrow, Thursday if the weather holds out. We are expecting a snow storm. Last big snow storm we had we couldn't leave our neighborhood for a few days.

I'll be sure to keep you all in the loop. I really want to get these beautiful blankets donated!

ewalker
12-16-2010, 09:29 PM

Still nothing about Neopolitan Ice Cream? Do I need to track it? It was too lovely to be lost.
Happy Holidays to everyone.

Holly, I will not have internet access after 12-19 until 12-26.:muah:

msbookie
12-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Jiggly Jello is ready for the next knitter.

HollyP
12-17-2010, 12:10 AM
I'll check with the next knitter on Jiggly Jello. It looks great!!! So fun and bright. Perfect for dreary winter days.

I'll also check on Neapolitan. Thanks for the heads up on your internet access.

ETA: Brenda have you gotten Candy Cane from Katie yet?

We did get the snow as predicted. It's not too bad only a couple of inches. It looked so pretty this morning! I decided to stay safe and warm at home. People around here don't know how to drive in snow. I heard on the news there were over 300 accidents today in the state. I'm hoping to take the blanket early next week.

All of the sudden Christmas has snuck up on me. I got a few cards in the mail from family and realized I hadn't done mine yet. Eek! I made ornaments for everyone this year but am having an issue finding a felting needle to finish them off. I hope I don't have to spend my weekend knitting new ornaments! If I do at least I know a few quick and cute patterns.

biztec
12-17-2010, 07:07 AM

Hi Elaine,

I'm so sorry I didn't let you know when it came last week! I've been up to my eyeballs in alligators, which is why I haven't signed on recently. As I said to Holly, I'm subscribed to this thread and supposedly have it set up to email me when anyone posts, but I'm not receiving any.

Hugs,

biztec
12-17-2010, 07:12 AM
I'll also check on Neapolitan. Thanks for the heads up on your internet access.

Hi Holly,
I did check on the blogspot. I thought I was doing a section and border on this one. Do you want a knitted border or crocheted? I know some think the crocheted border is girly, but with the pink on this blanket, maybe that would be appropriate???

Hugs,

HollyP
12-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi Burma, Do what ever kind of border you think looks best. I totally trust your judgment. Every thing you do is gorgeous! Neapolitan is definitely a girly blanket.

ewalker
12-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi Elaine,

I'm so sorry I didn't let you know when it came last week! I've been up to my eyeballs in alligators, which is why I haven't signed on recently. As I said to Holly, I'm subscribed to this thread and supposedly have it set up to email me when anyone posts, but I'm not receiving any.

Hugs,

Alligators?
Just wanted to make sure that Neopolitan was not lost on my end.

HollyP
12-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone! I have the blankets all washed, folded and packed up ready to go. However looking at my schedule for the rest of this week I think I am going to have to wait until after Christmas to donate them. I'm really disappointed but know they will be used and loved whenever they get there.

Howdovely
12-22-2010, 06:07 PM
ETA: Brenda have you gotten Candy Cane from Katie yet?

Yes, I got an email from work that they put it in my office. I've been in Mississippi and Alabama, but plan on going into the office tonight (after everyone is gone so I dont get stuck there haha) to pick it up to work on it over Christmas in Charlotte, NC.

I'll post of pic soon.

msbookie
12-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Jiggly Jello is on its way to Dawn.
Confirmation #: 0310 2640 0002 0622 2534

It's been great knitting with you all!

HollyP
12-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! I'm so excited my whole family will be here to celebrate. It's been a couple of years since we all were able to come home for Christmas. My niece is almost a year old and is ready to unwrap all the presents for us. I'm pretty sure we could have just given her wrapped empty boxes and she'd be thrilled. I started my baking tonight. The whole house smells like butter,cinnamon and vanilla. I absolutely love this time of the year. If only I didn't have to go out tomorrow to finish stuffing my Mom's stocking....

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas!!! :muah:
Start thinking about new blankets. 2011 is going to be our year!

CivicSista
12-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Received White stripes earlier in the week. I have been sick and haven't even had a chance to open it yet. :( hopefully soon.

HollyP
12-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Did anyone else have a White Christmas? It started snowing here Christmas day and 24 hours later we had 13 inches. Let me tell you this area is not used to nearly that much snow!! My brother and sister in law were supposed to leave on Sunday but were snowed in until this morning. It was a strange experience for me having to help dig out the cars. On the plus side we got an extra day with my niece who is the sweetest, cutest kid. I need to video tape her laugh for days I am feeling bummed. Baby laughs are the best!

As soon as the snow melts I'll be donating the blankets. It is supposed to warm up in the next day or so. Hopefully mid week I'll be able to safely get there.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!!

Shandeh
12-28-2010, 10:44 AM
We had a white Christmas too! Of course, the snow started late in the day, but it was still Christmas day! :wink:

Here's our little house in the snow the next day.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5009/5297204919_aedce23399.jpg

dawn1838
12-29-2010, 05:58 PM
We ended up with about 12 inches on top of 3 inches of ice!!! My husband has driven me to work the past 3 days. I do not drive on slick roads.

On a brighter side, I received Jello Jigglers in the mail yesterday. So pretty so far. Can't wait to pick my color and get started.

HollyP
12-29-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm with you on that one Dawn! It scares the bejeezus out of me to drive in snow and ice. I know what to do and how to do it I just choose not to!

I'm so mad I didn't take any pictures when the snow was pretty! We still have quite a bit left over but it is not pretty anymore.

ewalker
12-29-2010, 08:48 PM
We had a white Christmas too! Of course, the snow started late in the day, but it was still Christmas day! :wink:

Here's our little house in the snow the next day.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5009/5297204919_aedce23399.jpg

We had a white Christmas here in Atlanta but we missed it because we were in the Bahamas. Just the luck. There was still snow when we got home and the Bahamas was great.

HollyP
12-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Elaine , I thing being in the Bahamas beats being stuck in snow any day!!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new years eve! can't believe it's 2011 already! I feel like it was just 2000. Remember all the hype about the Y2K bug?
I am staying home nursing the cold I got from my niece. Not sure if I'll make it to midnight or not. Cold meds really knock me out!
Happy New Year ya'll :grphug:!!!

biztec
12-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Holly and Everyone:muah:

I finally realized that I will receive a message indicating a post here after each time I visit, so if I don't visit regularly, I don't hear anything! I guess that's why I never know what's going on. I'll try to be better about checking in, at least daily.

We had a white Christmas here in Winston-Salem as well. I didn't hear the final count, but it sure was pretty since our son was already here from Charlotte, safe and sound. Right after the holiday he moved to the DC area. :verysad:

If anyone is in need of yarn, the Hobby Lobby here in NC has some good yarn on sale. I don't know if the sale is company-wide, but it's worth checking on. They also had lidded, clear containers on sale 30% off so I got a couple. My New Year's resolution is to clean out my knitting closet and organize my yarn. We'll see if I actually do it!

I usually decide to lose weight over the new year, but I decided to start back in October. Thus far I've lost 22 pounds! I was wearing size 10s, which were getting tight, but now I'm in 8s, heading toward 6s. I'm so proud of myself! I was starting to give up hope, but I decided I was just eating tooooo much.

I'm working on a Celtic Aran Afghan pattern from Ravelry to auction for charity this summer at the Gerard Butler Fan Convention in Las Vegas. Everything is Gerry-themed, so besides the Celtic symbols, the color of the yarn matches his eyes. The pattern is filled with cables, which I haven't done a ton of before, so it's giving me fits, but I think I'm finally on a roll.

Has anyone heard anything from Mama Dawn? She seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth! So sad; I miss her!

Have a wonderful New Year all! I'm so happy to be part of this group.

Hugs,

ewalker
12-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Elaine , I thing being in the Bahamas beats being stuck in snow any day!!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new years eve! can't believe it's 2011 already! I feel like it was just 2000. Remember all the hype about the Y2K bug?
I am staying home nursing the cold I got from my niece. Not sure if I'll make it to midnight or not. Cold meds really knock me out!
Happy New Year ya'll :grphug:!!!

Yes the Bahamas was a wonderful relief from the deep freeze we had been in for several weeks, and the one we came back to. Wonderful to be with our entire family for a week, that is what we really enjoyed.

CivicSista
01-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I only work in the morning tomorrow and friday, and my plan is to go buy some yarn for white stripes and get cracking on that. Hopefully will be done by the end of the week. Sorry it has taken me so long.

HollyP
01-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Tracy, No need to apologize! Things always slow down during the holidays. I also totally understand when life gets in the way of knitting!

Howdovely
01-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Here it is! I can mail tomorrow if the next knitter is ready.

(Hmmmm can't upload the photo. The file size is 78kb, but when I upload it here, it says its 148kb which is to big.)

knitgirl2007
01-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Happy New Year to everyone. I have finally finished my section of Think Pink during this snow/ice event. Several days to knit and watch TV!

Please PM me the name and address of the next knitter. I think we discussed enclosing the order with email address with the blanket. This would be so helpful and I think would expedite the transfer. How does everyone else feel about this?

Stay safe.
Katie
knitgirl2007

Shandeh
01-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Sounds good, but be SURE to let the region leader know the blanket has been sent to the next knitter. The leader keeps a spreadsheet of all blankets. If the leader doesn't know that blanket has changed hands, it could potentially be lost.

One of our groups lost several blankets this way, because some knitters forgot about their commitment, and the blankets were hidden behind other stuff in their homes. The group leader did not know who had the blanket last, because the members were not letting her know about the transfer. They were impossible to find.

HollyP
01-16-2011, 03:53 PM
I agree about including a list of knitters on the blanket.We have discussed it in the past and as a group decided just names not addresses. For the very reasons Sandy mentioned. I will be more than happy to send the list to the first knitter, if that is what everyone wants. Occasionally the order does change for various reasons.
I try very hard to keep the blog( link in my signature) up to date. For the most part it is updated weekly. If you are ever wondering about your spot, where it is, or who's working on a blanket you can message me or check the blog. I receive Pm's through my email, which I check several times a day.

HollyP
01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey again everyone! I was just looking through my notes and realized I haven't updated everything in a while.cough before cough Christmas cough cough :)
I'm going to post the blankets and the status. If anyone sees anything wrong PLEASE let me know. Thanks so much!!!
Neapolitan- Biztec working on border
Think Pink- Ewalker awaiting delivery
White Stripes- Debbie awaiting delivery
Jiggly Jello- Dawn1838 working on it now
Candy Cane- HollyP awaiting delivery
Remar-cable- LBeck working on it now

dawn1838
01-18-2011, 09:19 PM
I just want everyone to know that I have not lost the blanket. I hope to finish it this week and in the mail by Monday at the latest. I apologize for the delay. With all our crazy weather, things have been too caotic to get any quality knitting time.

SharonP
01-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey ladies1 hope everyone's well1 I just wanted to let everyone know that Holly is having computer issues. She will respond to any PMs as soon as possible. Candy Cane arrived at her house yesterday and it looks gorgeous! Take care!

HollyP
01-24-2011, 12:20 PM
After a couple of hours on the phone I got my computer fixed!:woot: It is crazy to me how much of my life was put on hold when I couldn't use my computer.
I am almost done with Candy Cane. It really looks great! I did a white section and then decided it should end with a red section so I can do a white border. Believe it or not I don't have a single scrap of red in my stash. Hopefully I'll be able to swing by Micheal's in the next day or so.

We need to start thinking about what blankets to do next. We should have several sets of needle opening up in the next couple of weeks. Any ideas?

dawn1838
01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Jello Jiggler went out in the mail today. I have the confirmation number if needed. I must say, it is looking very cheerful. I love all the bright colors.

ewalker
01-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Jello Jiggler went out in the mail today. I have the confirmation number if needed. I must say, it is looking very cheerful. I love all the bright colors.

Pictures, please...guess that may be applicable to the next knitter.

Debbie
01-25-2011, 09:08 AM
If you have not clicked on "Southeast Baby Odball Blog" at the bottom of HollyP's posts, you are missing a real treat ! Thanks Holly for the great pictures and captions! We are so cool ... we make cool blankets ... or warm blankets ??

Debbie
01-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Blanket ideas ...
In honor of our Northern friends ... "Ice, Ice, Baby".
I enjoyed working on Remar-cable (everyone doing the same stitch) and learning a new stitch.
"Sunset" or "Dawn" would have pretty colors !
"Bunny Hop" for spring ...
Some "Disney" colors -
Micky, Minnie, Pooh, Goofy, Princess ???
I will start a new blanket if there are needles available, or, I can do a border and then use the needles to start a new one!

HollyP
01-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks Debbie! I agree we do make "cool" warm blankets:teehee:. I have myself on the border for Jiggly Jello which is on it's way to the last knitter. I'll put you down instead. Pick a blanket you want to start and let us know. I love your ideas. Although Ice Ice baby would not only apply to our friends up North it applies here. It has been below freezing every night for a couple of weeks. Not typical VA weather! Oh that's right your from Florida everyone is up north for you!:teehee:

Speaking of Remar-cable we need a pinch knitter. Any takers? It wouldn't be right away I just noticed we still have an opening.

CivicSista
01-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I love the idea of a disney blanket.
Blue skies
Very Berry
Cupcake
Kaleidoscope

HollyP
01-25-2011, 07:40 PM
I love all the new ideas!!
Here is a list I've been keeping of the ideas we've had for the blankets. I've added the newest ideas. Sorry they aren't in any kind of order. Maybe someday I'll take the time to sort them!

ETA: I also just linked this to the blog so we can all find it easily. It's in the helpful links.

LBECK
01-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Holly,
I just sent your package out today. Postman says it should be there by Friday or Saturday... If we need confirmation I have it. Thanks again.:aww:

biztec
01-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Holly, Neapolitan is finished and I just received Jiggly Jello. I will send them both out at the same time. Sorry it took me so long!!
Hugs

biztec
01-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I just want everyone to know that I have not lost the blanket. I hope to finish it this week and in the mail by Monday at the latest. I apologize for the delay. With all our crazy weather, things have been too caotic to get any quality knitting time.
I have it Dawn, thanks!!

Hugs,

biztec
01-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks Debbie! I agree we do make "cool" warm blankets:teehee:. I have myself on the border for Jiggly Jello which is on it's way to the last knitter. I'll put you down instead. Pick a blanket you want to start and let us know. I love your ideas. Although Ice Ice baby would not only apply to our friends up North it applies here. It has been below freezing every night for a couple of weeks. Not typical VA weather! Oh that's right your from Florida everyone is up north for you!:teehee:

Speaking of Remar-cable we need a pinch knitter. Any takers? It wouldn't be right away I just noticed we still have an opening.
Holly, since I started it, I'd be glad to do the last section and border if you'd like!

Hugs,

biztec
01-27-2011, 12:58 PM
I love all the new ideas!!
Here is a list I've been keeping of the ideas we've had for the blankets. I've added the newest ideas. Sorry they aren't in any kind of order. Maybe someday I'll take the time to sort them!

ETA: I also just linked this to the blog so we can all find it easily. It's in the helpful links.
Holly, I have a bunch of pale peach/orange yarn if you ever decide to do Dreamsicle. My mother loved those when I was a kid!

Hugs,

Debbie
01-27-2011, 02:09 PM
I will put the border on Jiggly and then use the needles for a Disney blanket .... not sure which one, yet :)

HollyP
01-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Holly, since I started it, I'd be glad to do the last section and border if you'd like!

Hugs,
Sounds great! Thanks Burma.
Holly, I have a bunch of pale peach/orange yarn if you ever decide to do Dreamsicle. My mother loved those when I was a kid!

Hugs,
Would you like to start it with the needles you'll have from Remar-cable. Creamsicles represent summer time to me! I think we could all use a little summer right now!
I will put the border on Jiggly and then use the needles for a Disney blanket .... not sure which one, yet :)
I love it when things are this easy. Thanks Debbie!!

I found a set of needles at Goodwill today. I always look but this it the first time I've found any. As soon as I finish Candy Cane I'll be casting on for 2 blankets. I was thinking of doing Neon Lights and Cherry Blossoms.
We'll need 4 knitters and someone on border for Neon Lights. We'll also need 5 knitter and someone on border for Cherry Blossoms. Thanks everyone!!

ewalker
01-27-2011, 10:30 PM

Would you like to start it with the needles you'll have from Remar-cable. Creamsicles represent summer time to me! I think we could all use a little summer right now!

I found a set of needles at Goodwill today. I always look but this it the first time I've found any. As soon as I finish Candy Cane I'll be casting on for 2 blankets. I was thinking of doing Neon Lights and Cherry Blossoms.
We'll need 4 knitters and someone on border for Neon Lights. We'll also need 5 knitter and someone on border for Cherry Blossoms. Thanks everyone!!

I would like to work on Cherry Blossoms.

Think Pink arrived today thanks Katie, for the note pad, I really enjoy using pretty things like it.

ewalker
01-27-2011, 10:33 PM

I would like to work on Creamsicle also if you need me.

Debbie
01-28-2011, 10:01 AM
After I finish "Jello" I am going to start "Disney Princesses" and begin with Snow White (yellow, blue and red ... maybe a row of black for her pretty hair)

Howdovely
01-28-2011, 06:40 PM
I dont think I'm on any blankets, so feel free to stick me wherever is needed.

Debbie
01-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Beautiful "White Stripes" is in Orlando ! Thanks, Tracy ... I can always use an extra hand ! :roflhard:

CivicSista
01-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Beautiful "White Stripes" is in Orlando ! Thanks, Tracy ... I can always use an extra hand ! :roflhard:

He he. :)

HollyP
02-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Lisa, got your box today! Thank you. :hug:

I finished the last section of Rainbow Connection tonight. Love love love the rainbow blankets! It is so cheery and fun to look at and work on. Trying to figure out what to do for the border.
I finished Candy Cane yesterday or the day before. It looks great!!!
I'll post pictures of everything soon! We haven't had a good sunny day for picture taking in what feels like weeks.

We still need knitters for both Neon Lights and Cherry Blossoms. I don't have my list in front of me but I think we only have 3-4 knitters on both. Thanks everyone!

Howdovely
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM
We still need knitters for both Neon Lights and Cherry Blossoms. I don't have my list in front of me but I think we only have 3-4 knitters on both. Thanks everyone!

You can put me on one, or both.

Debbie
02-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I've finished my section of "White Stripes' ! I will take pictures and get it into the mail to the next knitter this weekend! Holly, please PM me the lucky knitter !

HollyP
02-03-2011, 12:43 PM
I've finished my section of "White Stripes' ! I will take pictures and get it into the mail to the next knitter this weekend! Holly, please PM me the lucky knitter !
Can't wait to see it! I'll PM her now.

Speaking of pictures I'll be posting some later today.

HollyP
02-04-2011, 09:20 PM
OK I am a day late with pictures. Sorry!
Yesterday was an exciting day for our group. Sharon and I donated the blankets!!!:woot: I should have taken more pictures but it was so cold outside and once we got in I forgot to take any.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5174/5416778091_ae02aebf8e_m.jpgHere they all are washed and ready.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5093/5416778067_924dbb6c2f_m.jpg All packed up and ready to go!
After a few wrong turns we got to the hospital. http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5217/5416778137_0b7c7f62e5_m.jpg

The donation was almost anticlimactic. We walked in, filled out the paperwork, and handed over the blankets. The woman we gave the to was very thankful. She assured me they would be used and loved. I know the blankets will make lots of families happy. I was really proud of the beautiful gifts we gave to the kids of this hospital! Thanks for all of your hard work!!!!!

The container for the blankets looks so funny being empty. I can't wait for it to fill up again. Which reminds me I have a couple of borders to finish :)

ewalker
02-06-2011, 12:44 AM
OK I am a day late with pictures. Sorry!
Yesterday was an exciting day for our group. Sharon and I donated the blankets!!!:woot: I should have taken more pictures but it was so cold outside and once we got in I forgot to take any.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5174/5416778091_ae02aebf8e_m.jpgHere they all are washed and ready.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5093/5416778067_924dbb6c2f_m.jpg All packed up and ready to go!
After a few wrong turns we got to the hospital. http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5217/5416778137_0b7c7f62e5_m.jpg

The donation was almost anticlimactic. We walked in, filled out the paperwork, and handed over the blankets. The woman we gave the to was very thankful. She assured me they would be used and loved. I know the blankets will make lots of families happy. I was really proud of the beautiful gifts we gave to the kids of this hospital! Thanks for all of your hard work!!!!!

The container for the blankets looks so funny being empty. I can't wait for it to fill up again. Which reminds me I have a couple of borders to finish :)

Holly,
Think Pink will be ready to go in the mail on Monday. Need next knitters info.

Thanks,
Elaine

Shandeh
02-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Yay! Good work, everyone! :woohoo:

Holly, I know exactly what you mean about the donation being anticlimactic. I felt the same way when I took blankets to the hospital. It's like you're giving away your children! :help: And the sterile environment at the hospital doesn't feel so welcoming, either.

I think we miss out on the real joy of the donation, when it is given to a baby, and the family sees the blanket wrapped around them. We just have to imagine that part. cloud9

Shandeh
02-07-2011, 03:29 PM
You can put me on one, or both.
Brenda, I LOVE your new avatar! You look GORGEOUS! :heart:

Shandeh
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I would like to make a challenge to all the Oddball Blanket groups.

Use my design ideas to knit two blankets for your group.

Blanket 1: “GENIUS” :cool:
Black, White, and Red

Blanket 2: “SUPERHERO” :star:
Comic Book Colors

I think it will be interesting to see what each group does with this!
I will make a new blog, showing the progress of the blankets. Be sure to post photos, which I can use to highlight the work for your regions!

When the blankets are complete, I will send an additional blanket (knit by me) to your region, for you to donate in your area. So, everyone will be a winner! :)

ewalker
02-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Holly,
Think Pink will be ready to go in the mail on Monday. Need next knitters info.

Thanks,
Elaine

Think Pink mailed to Burma today. Info available if needed.

HollyP
02-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks Elaine!

Hey everyone what do you think about the challenge? I think it sounds FUN!!! If we have enough interest I say lets do it.

Shandeh
02-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I'll be glad to help out on the blankets if you decide to do it, because I'm officially part of this region! :teehee:

I'm especially drawn to the "Genius" colors, because I know that the high contrast blankets are good for developing eye coordination in babies. I used to have some black and white toys for my boys, and they LOVED looking at them!

HollyP
02-08-2011, 07:04 PM
More pictures! Here is Splish Splash. It wasn't included in the batch that I donated because I was out of baby detergent. My niece's stomach bug while she was here lead to an enormous amount of washing!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5134/5428894781_dfa6b0d7e8_m.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5054/5428894761_b992d3d829_m.jpg Great job everyone! This was knit by Kellybigeyes,WandaT,Knitgirl2007,Howdovely,SharonP , and LBeck Border by LBECK

Here is Remar-cable
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5098/5428894819_6de05bfc6a_m.jpg
and a closeup of the stitchhttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5216/5428894863_de54f8400a_m.jpg It is going to the next knitter tomorrow!

ewalker
02-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks Elaine!

Hey everyone what do you think about the challenge? I think it sounds FUN!!! If we have enough interest I say lets do it.

Count me in.

Elaine

PS. could everyone in this group please put up a little note with some ideas about things they like. Being relatively new, I have a difficult time deciding what to include with my blankies when I send them to the next knitter.

Howdovely
02-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Brenda, I LOVE your new avatar! You look GORGEOUS! :heart:

Awww, thanks Sandy - I needed that. I'm sitting here feeling like crap fighting a cold that wants to start, but you just made me feel better! That pic is very recent, just a few weeks old from lunch with the girls.

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods on Sunday to watch the superbowl with some friends at a new bar by you. Its called Bonfire and they have the BEST wings and the BEST white chocolate raspberry cheesecake EVER. YUM!

Debbie
02-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Count me in on a challenge blanket !

HollyP
02-09-2011, 11:10 AM
I guess we are doing the challenge! :woot: So far I have myself, Sharon, Shandeh, Elaine, and Debbie.

Elaine, when we first started everyone filled out a questionnaire. With likes etc. You can find the answers on our blog (http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/)on the right side.
If anyone hasn't filled out the questionnaire please feel free. Just post the answers to this thread or in a pm to me. Thanks!!

ewalker
02-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I guess we are doing the challenge! :woot: So far I have myself, Sharon, Shandeh, Elaine, and Debbie.

Elaine, when we first started everyone filled out a questionnaire. With likes etc. You can find the answers on our blog (http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/)on the right side.
If anyone hasn't filled out the questionnaire please feel free. Just post the answers to this thread or in a pm to me. Thanks!!

I will check it out.

biztec
02-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Jiggly Jello is finished and will be on the way to Debbie for a border very soon.

Neapolitan is finished and will go to Holly as soon as my mailing envelopes arrive!!

Awaiting Think Pink; I'll let you guys know when it arrives.

Hugs,

HollyP
02-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Burma, you can hold onto to Neapolitan until you are done with Think Pink. There is no need for you to mail something to me twice in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to see both of them!!!

biztec
02-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for reminding me, Holly! I had totally forgotten you were doing the border. I'll let you know when I send them out.

Hugs,

Shandeh
02-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Nice to see your smiling face, Burma! :hug:

...BTW, I was in your neck of the woods on Sunday to watch the superbowl with some friends at a new bar by you....
No way! :noway:
You were HERE, and I didn't sense your magnificent presence?
Usually, I can feel a tremor in the earth.
http://bestsmileys.com/panic/1.gif

:woohoo: Excellent! cloud9

Gosh, I wonder what I put on there earlier? No telling. I'd better go check. :hiding:

Debbie
02-14-2011, 10:27 AM
"White Stripes" was a fast knit ... pictures and getting it in the mail ... not so much ! I think it is BEAUTIFUL !!! What a great idea, Holly. I am taking it to the post office tomorrow !

HollyP
02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the pictures Debbie!! It looks beautiful! I guess having a surplus of yarn comes in handy every once in a while.:teehee:I think we may have to reuse this idea in the future.