PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Buy Prescriptions online?

bailsmom
07-15-2008, 10:39 PM
DH and I are trying to scrimp and save as much as we can and I was thinking of switching my allergy medication for something that's equivalent to generic but am finding that a hard thing to do. DH was wondering about buy 'scrips online and is quite leary so I told him I'd ask my favorite people on this planet :wink: for their advice on the matter. I think it's risky, but our monthly 'scription bill is quite high and we need to do something or we ain't gonna have no heat this winter! Forgive the slang. :teehee:

Any thoughts?

kellyh57
07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
I've used Medco as a mail-in provider. Is that what you are talking about? I had to get a 90-day supply written though and there was all sorts of hoops to jump through it seemed. It was who my health insurance went through so that's just who I went through. Once I got started, it was great.

I wouldn't trust those emails you get that advertise cheap prescriptions.

Have you checked into Wal-Mart and the other pharmacies that are now doing the cheap ($4) generics?

Kelly

bailsmom
07-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Nope, I'm talking about just going online and buying them from whomever. That sounds really stupid when I re-read that sentence. We would never buy from any joe-shmoe, but from a reputable company. I just don't know of any out there and if it safe.

Yes, we did check walmart and we don't use any of the ones on the list.

NC Girl
07-16-2008, 10:49 AM
DH uses Medco and loves it. He said after he got set up with them, it was simple to use. HTH!

CBH

figaro
07-16-2008, 10:52 AM
My husband also uses Medco and he has had no complaints about it at all. I do like the fact that they give you a 90 day supply instead of only a month so I think it helps out a lot.

jheatherley
07-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Both my husband and I have been buying prescription drugs on line for several years. To me, it's the only way to go. I recall when I first learned I needed to take medicine for osteoporosis, I wanted to get started immediately rather than waiting for the medicine to arrive in the mail. I got the prescription filled locally at a cost of well over $200. Thereafter, I've got the prescription on line at about $70. PM me if you would like to know the sites I use.