PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Oddball Preemie Blankets

Shandeh
07-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Hello friendly charity knitters and crocheters! :waving:

We work together to make Oddball Preemie Blankets for charity. Our blankets will be made according to the requests of local hospital(s), so keep watching this thread to see our guidelines.

The Midwest Preemie Baby Blankets are led by stagebear (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=14462)

The Midwest region includes Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, and Nebraska.

If you would like to volunteer to help make baby blankets, please send a private message to stagebear, and she will help you get started!

Our project will begin in August, so let's start our plans!

stagebear
07-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to have the opportunity to work on this.
I was thinking maybe we could start with blankets based on nursery rhymes? I have a whole list of ideas. Let me know what you think.

stagebear
07-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Here's the start of a blog for the Midwest Oddball Preemie Blankets (http://midwestpreemiekal.blogspot.com/).

stagebear
07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
We have the following knitters confirmed:
bethany
Constance123
kellyh57
momwolf
my3boys (rav)
stagebear

We'll start out small until more people join in.

What do you all think of using themes from nursery rhymes and childrens books?

I was thinking too that if you'd all want, we could take the little money that we would usually spend on goodies for each other and use it to chip in to buy the theme book to donate with the blanket - that way the parents have something right there to read to the babies. (I know the childrens books I still have are signed by those that gave them to me, which gives them extra special meaning.) (I can get them pretty cheap online.)

Let me know your thoughts.

traceleighj
07-23-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm in too- Just sent you an email confirming my info!:blooby:

momwolf
07-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Stagebear
That is such a cute idea about the books.How exactly would we make the blanket to match the nursery rhymes ?

stagebear
07-24-2008, 09:40 AM
I was thinking the book could travel with the blanket for inspiration.
Two example ideas:

One of my favorite childrens books is "The Little Rabbit Who Wanted Red Wings." We could use white for the rabbit, red for the wings, blue for the wishing pool, etc.
For "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed," we could do 5 shades of neutrals to represent the monkeys.

momwolf
07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Stagebear,Could it be possible to do like 5 rabbits across a row (like a dish cloth rabbit) ? Or whatever we could find to match the story books.I think that would be so cute,and dish cloth patterns are just knit and purl.Or like a single train car for say Thomas the Train.Just an idea I had,what do ya think?:teehee:

stagebear
07-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Of course - that would be great! That's what is so great about this project, it's oddball - all sorts of colors and patterns that relate to a central theme to make a one-of-a-kind blanket.

momwolf
07-24-2008, 09:54 PM
What other books do you have so I can start looking patterns:woohoo:

momwolf
07-31-2008, 07:45 PM
My computer will be down for the weekend so will check in on Monday ,I hope

Shandeh
07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
I'll be sending needles and yarn soon, stagebear! :muah:

kellyh57
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
I know it's not really a nursery rhyme, but it's a great baby book- "Love You Forever." I'm not sure of the author, but I have a copy on the bookshelves I can pull out if we need it. The cover has a blue background with a baby pulling out toilet paper I think. I was thinking of doing the colors on the cover. What do you think?

Kelly

Shandeh
08-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Good luck with your blankets, Midwest Preemies!
Take good care of your new leader. :hug:

stagebear
08-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I know it's not really a nursery rhyme, but it's a great baby book- "Love You Forever." I'm not sure of the author, but I have a copy on the bookshelves I can pull out if we need it. The cover has a blue background with a baby pulling out toilet paper I think. I was thinking of doing the colors on the cover. What do you think?

Kelly

That sounds great Kelly - let's have that as our first blanket. We need 4 other knitters for this one.
Kelly, remember to begin with 3 rows of garter before you begin the pattern, and then begin and end each row with 3 knit stitches.

stagebear
08-05-2008, 12:35 PM
We now have 11 confirmed knitters!
becjo
bethany
BinkyKat
Constance123
grandjneedles (rav)
kellyh57
momwolf
my3boys (rav)
stagebear
traceleighj
wildforyarn

my3boys
08-05-2008, 02:35 PM
So is kellyh57 starting the first blanket? What is the order of knitters for this blanket?

stagebear
08-05-2008, 02:38 PM
So is kellyh57 starting the first blanket? What is the order of knitters for this blanket?
I'll set the order once we have all of the knitters lined up for the blanket. Usually it will be just based on who joins the blanket first, but sometimes it's nice to save on shipping.

Shandeh
08-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Go Midwest Preemies! :woohoo:

momwolf
08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm back on line now :woohoo::woohoo::woot:

momwolf
08-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Have we started yet :shrug:

traceleighj
08-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Put me in where you need me!

stagebear
08-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Have we started yet :shrug:

We have! Kellyh57 has a book called "Love You Forever" which will be our first theme. Kellyh57, my3boys and traceleighj are on it so far - we still need 2 more knitters!
I'm working on getting a few more books to get us started, but if anyone has any they would like to share, let us know.

traceleighj
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Here are some book suggestions (I just quit working at a bookstore- so I can :knitting: more!)

Guess How Much I Love You
Goodnight Moon
The Very Hungry Catepillar
The Little Engine That Could
Madeline
Curious George

Shandeh
08-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Good ideas! :thumbsup:

kellyh57
08-19-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm going to get casted on this week. It's been BUSY around here but school started today so things ought to settle down! I'll probably do the blue, but there's orange and red on his shirt on the front too if you want to start thinking of ideas :)

Kelly

momwolf
08-19-2008, 10:36 PM
You can add me:cheering:

my3boys
08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
kelly, who are you sending it to, after you are done with your portion? I am just wondering where I am at in the list.

stagebear
08-20-2008, 10:10 AM
kelly, who are you sending it to, after you are done with your portion? I am just wondering where I am at in the list.

Here is the order for "Love You Forever":
kellyh57
my3boys
traceleighj
momwolf
(still need a 5th knitter)
i'll complete the border

monzogary
08-20-2008, 02:38 PM
You can add me!

stagebear
08-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I have begun another blanket “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (and other favorite bedtime stories)” - any takers for this one?

here is the order of knitters for “Love You Forever”:
kellyh57
my3boys
traceleighj
momwolf
monzogary
stagebear (border)

momwolf
08-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Add me too:cheering:

stagebear
08-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Add me too:cheering:
Got you!
P.S. I'm posting pics of the books on the blog, so if you ever want to check out the color/theme, just head over to the blog (http://midwestpreemiekal.blogspot.com/).

stagebear
08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Here's the list of knitters for "Twinkle Twinkle":
stagebear
Mulderknitter (rav)
(Mulderknitter's friend)
momwolf
Cheryl1973 (rav)
still need someone for the border

Mulderknitter
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Here's the list of knitters for "Twinkle Twinkle":
stagebear
Mulderknitter (rav)
(Mulderknitter's friend)
momwolf
Cheryl1973 (rav)
still need someone for the border
Unfortunately "mulderknitter's friend" has not replied to my request yet. I would not count on her to be in on this one, but i will let you know if she will be in on any future one's. Sorry to get the hopes up!:pout:
ETA: I'm Mulderknitter on Ravelry and here.

monzogary
08-29-2008, 09:56 AM
If you want to push everyone up a slot because mulderknitter's friend is not going to participate, you could put me at the end and I can also do a border if you want me to. I have been crocheting as long as I have been knitting (22 yrs!) and I almost always put a crochet border on my blankies, so I have plenty of experience doing it. :)

stagebear
08-29-2008, 11:29 AM
We now have 2 blankets full of knitters -woohoo!

“Love You Forever”
kellyh57
my3boys
traceleighj
momwolf
monzogary
stagebear - border

"Twinkle Twinkle"
stagebear
Mulderknitter
momwolf
Cheryl1973 (rav)
monzogary - last section & border

Shandeh
08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Way to go, Midwest Preemies! :woohoo:

kellyh57
08-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Love You Forever is ready to move on! I finished it yesterday. I'm waiting to mail it with the regular baby blanket from the Midwest Great Plains to my3boys :) I'll get pictures posted tonight or tomorrow!

Kelly

my3boys
09-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I can't wait to receive them! Will the address of the next people in the list be included or do I just pm them for it?

stagebear
09-02-2008, 09:51 AM
I can't wait to receive them! Will the address of the next people in the list be included or do I just pm them for it?
When you're ready to send the blanket to the next knitter, notify me and I will make sure they are ready for the blanket. I will pm you the address.

kellyh57
09-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Love You Forever is finally on its way to my3boys! Here's some pictures. I used Bernat Softee Baby in a white and light blue blend. I thought it went pretty well with the background of the cover.

Kelly

Mulderknitter
09-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Very very pretty!:muah:

my3boys
09-19-2008, 09:55 AM
I can't wait to receive the blanket! I have some thoughts on what I am going to do.

my3boys
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I have received the Love You Forever blanket and will get started on it right away.

stagebear
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
"Love You Forever" looks great - nice way to start it our Kelly!
"Twinkle Twinkle" is ready for the next knitter.

I have 2 more blankets about ready to ship off:
"Five Little Monkeys" - colors based on the 5 monkeys' pjs
need 4 knitters and border

"I Love You Through and Through" - colors based on backgrounds of the pages

(pictures later when I remember where I put my camera)

momwolf
09-26-2008, 10:19 PM
You can add me to both :cheering:

Shandeh
09-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Go Preemies! :cheering:

Mulderknitter
09-30-2008, 06:11 PM
"Love You Forever" looks great - nice way to start it our Kelly!
"Twinkle Twinkle" is ready for the next knitter.

(pictures later when I remember where I put my camera)
I haven't gotten Twinkle Twinkle yet, have you mailed it?:??

ferretlove
10-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I'd like to knit the I Love You Through and Through blanket.:knitting:

Tina

monzogary
10-04-2008, 11:25 AM

You can add me to both, and if no one else wants to do a border, you can add me to do one of the borders as well.

farmgirl
10-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I would like to help, too! I am not very confident about doing the border but would be happy to do anything else!:grphug:

monzogary
10-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Any updates on our blankies? Been pretty quiet around here...

Shandeh
10-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I'll be glad to help if you need it. Just let me know. :hug:

momwolf
10-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm waiting for my turn :teehee:

my3boys
10-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I have the 'Love You Forever' blanket. Sorry about the delay. I have had some sick kids to contend with. It should be done this coming week.

traceleighj
10-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah! I'm next on the list!!!:woohoo:

Mulderknitter
10-23-2008, 04:17 PM
:?? I'm still waiting on Twinkle Twinkle. I haven't heard a thing since sept? Anyone hear from StageBear?

lissaplus2
11-05-2008, 07:26 PM
OH OH OH I WANNA PLAY!!!!:waving:
How do I get on the list???:knitting:

Hey my3boys i LOVE your picture!!! I feel that EXACT same way!!

Shandeh
11-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi everyone! :waving:

I am concerned about Stagebear, the leader for your region. I haven't heard from her since September.

Until I hear from her, I will be your temporary region leader.

I'll do my best to get caught up on the status of your current blankets. I already have names and addresses for most of you:
becjo, bethany, Constance123, Cynamar, karne, KathleenG, kellyh57, knittinicole, monzogary, Mulderknitter, traceleighj, wickedphantm, and wildforyarn

If your name is NOT on that list, please send me a private message, with your name and mailing address, so I can make an up-to-date spreadsheet for your region.

Shandeh
11-06-2008, 03:55 AM
"Love You Forever" is the only blanket in progress right now. my3boys should be mailing it to traceleighj. Has it been mailed yet?

We'll put a hold on the other 3 blankets that stagebear started until she comes back.

In the meantime, I'll start some simple blankets we can work on for charity. :) They won't be based on books.

I'll cast on 5 blankets, and mail each of them to 5 different knitters. That will get us busy! :thumbsup:

We'll just get started, then finish adding knitters to each blanket as they are ready to move on.

Orange Fluff (orange and white)
Candy Shop (candy colors)
Sweet Dreams (pastels)
Ocean Waves (blues, greens, aquas)
Happy Princess (pink, purple, and white)

Who wants to knit on a blanket?
:hug:

(By the way, if stagebear does not return when these blankets are complete, they will be donated with traceleighj's other blankets in the Midwest Great Lakes region.)

momwolf
11-06-2008, 08:51 AM
me:cheering::woot::hug:

traceleighj
11-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Shandeh- you can add me where you need me! :p

Mulderknitter
11-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Add me to one! Me and Tracie live close to each other, so if you want to put us in order together it saves on shipping for both of us. We just meet for coffee and knitting and pass the blankie!:yay:
Thank you for taking over. I sure hope stagebear is ok:zombie:

Shandeh
11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks so much! :muah:
I'm going to send a card to stagebear to see how she's doing. If any of the rest of you already have her address, you can send a card as well if you want.

traceleighj
11-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Shandeh-
If you want me to start a blanket, I would be more than happy to!

Shandeh
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks, Tracie!

I just cast on "Orange Fluff" last night.

You can just look in your stash, and see what yarns you have that will work for another blanket. You can name it yourself, too. :)

traceleighj
11-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Tracie!

I just cast on "Orange Fluff" last night.

You can just look in your stash, and see what yarns you have that will work for another blanket. You can name it yourself, too. :)

How about I cast on Sweet Dreams?

monzogary
11-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I have some variegated baby yarn in sport weight that is white, blue and green, would that work to cast on for Ocean Waves?

Shandeh
11-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Yay! Thank you both for your help! :woohoo:

How about I cast on Sweet Dreams?
Sounds perfect! :wink:
I have some variegated baby yarn in sport weight that is white, blue and green, would that work to cast on for Ocean Waves?
Excellent! :thumbsup:

Here is the plan for the blankets so far:
Orange Fluff
Shandeh, Mulderknitter, traceleighj (need 2 more)

Candy Shop
Shandeh, momwolf, farmgirl (need 2 more)

Sweet Dreams
traceleighj, Mulderknitter, Shandeh (need 2 more)

Ocean Waves
monzogary, ferretlove (Ravelry), momwolf (need 2 more)

Happy Princess
Cynamar, Cheryl1973 (Ravelry), Shandeh (need 2 more)

farmgirl
11-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Please put me on the list, too! I would be happy to help on any one!:p

Shandeh
11-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks Lori! I added you to the "Candy Shop" blanket.
:muah:

Shandeh
11-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I've done about an inch so far on "Orange Fluff". Today, I went to three different craft stores, trying to find a size 5 circular needle for our blanket. (I've mailed out all my extra needles to the Oddball Region Leaders.) Believe it or not, I couldn't find a single one for a decent price. (Almost 8 dollars for one at AC Moore, only 16" available at Hobby Lobby, and nothing at all at Michaels)
So, I decided to buy a set of 14" plastic straights for a few dollars. They'll work just fine through the mail, since they are plastic. I'll mail the project in a tube that's large enough to include small gifts for our friends. That way, we can keep using the same tube for all the mailings. Feel free to use your own circular needles at your house when working on it, but remember to put it back on the straight needles before mailing it out.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3173/3014651048_0e79259db2.jpg

Mulderknitter
11-08-2008, 10:45 PM
You don't have to go searchng or buying, you can always ask someone here if we have what you need! You are so generous it's the least we can do!:muah:

momwolf
11-08-2008, 11:10 PM
You can add me to all the ones I'm not on:teehee:

Shandeh
11-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Sure thing! :thumbsup:
You don't have to go searchng or buying, you can always ask someone here if we have what you need! You are so generous it's the least we can do!:muah:
Awww...how sweet! I was just trying to avoid anymore shipping charges, you know. :wink: I'm just glad it worked out, and I have needles that will work...even though they're straights.

Here's our updated list of blankets and knitters, with momwolf all over the place! :)

Here is the plan for the blankets so far:
Orange Fluff
Shandeh, Mulderknitter, traceleighj, momwolf (need 1 more)

Candy Shop
Shandeh, momwolf, farmgirl (need 2 more)

Sweet Dreams
traceleighj, Mulderknitter, momwolf, Shandeh (need 1 more)

Ocean Waves
monzogary, ferretlove (Ravelry), momwolf (need 2 more)

Happy Princess
Cynamar, Cheryl1973 (Ravelry), Shandeh, momwolf (need 1 more)

Mulderknitter
11-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Go ahead and put me on all the ones that I'm not on yet :knitting: I've started buying large mailing envelopes in bulk!:roflhard:

Shandeh
11-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Thanks, mulderknitter! :hug:

Here's our updated list of blankets and knitters, with momwolf all over the place! :)

Orange Fluff

Candy Shop
Shandeh, momwolf, farmgirl, Mulderknitter (need 1 more)

Sweet Dreams

Ocean Waves
monzogary, ferretlove (Ravelry), Mulderknitter, momwolf (need 1 more)

Happy Princess
Cynamar, Cheryl1973 (Ravelry), Mulderknitter, Shandeh, momwolf

I'll be willing to give up my spots to Midwest US knitters, so your shipping fees will be cheaper. Just let me know. :wink:

kellyh57
11-10-2008, 10:51 AM
You can put me on Candy Shop or Sweet Dreams.

Kelly

traceleighj
11-10-2008, 08:23 PM
I can also crochet borders if you need me to! I even got a new book of edges to try out!:eyes:

Mulderknitter
11-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I can also crochet borders if you need me to! I even got a new book of edges to try out!:eyes:
You'll have to teach me to do that someday. Crochet is scary:zombie:

traceleighj
11-10-2008, 08:27 PM
You'll have to teach me to do that someday. Crochet is scary:zombie:
Any time! We can have a party!!:balloons:

Shandeh
11-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Yippee! We're making progress! :thumbsup:
The only blankets that still need a knitter are "Orange Fluff" and "Sweet Dreams".

Here is the updated plan for the blankets:

Orange Fluff

Candy Shop
Shandeh, momwolf, farmgirl, Mulderknitter, kellyh57

Sweet Dreams

Ocean Waves
monzogary, ferretlove (Ravelry), Mulderknitter, momwolf, Shandeh

Happy Princess

farmgirl
11-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I can do Orange Fluff & Sweet Dreams, too. I can crochet although the only borders I have done were on washcloths! Just let me know.

Lori

Shandeh
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks Lori! :muah:

If anyone else wants to join, they can take either of my spots on "Ocean Waves" and "Happy Princess". :)

Here is the updated plan for the blankets:

Orange Fluff
Shandeh, traceleighj, Mulderknitter, momwolf, farmgirl (border also)

Candy Shop
Shandeh, momwolf, farmgirl, Mulderknitter, kellyh57

Sweet Dreams
traceleighj, Mulderknitter, momwolf, my3boys, farmgirl

Ocean Waves
monzogary, ferretlove (Ravelry), Mulderknitter, momwolf, Shandeh

Happy Princess

mapletree1234
11-12-2008, 05:20 PM
I'll join. My name is Laura. I can do either Ocean Waves or Happy Princess.

traceleighj
11-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Sweet Dreams will be ready to move by the end of the week. Mulder, are you ready?

Mulderknitter
11-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Sure thing! I can meet this friday or this weekend, if you don't want to mail. let me know if you are available!:waving:

traceleighj
11-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Mulder- I will PM you!

Shandeh
11-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Thank you both for working that out! :thumbsup:

I have "Orange Fluff" ready to go too. Originally, Mulderknitter was the next knitter, but I would like to switch her with you, traceleighj. Is that okay with you both? That way, Mulderknitter won't have two preemies at the same time.

traceleighj
11-18-2008, 08:52 AM
That works for me!:blooby:

Mulderknitter
11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
No problem! Thank you:muah:

monzogary
11-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Ocean Waves is ready for the next knitter! I will need ferretloves address.
Also, what all do I need to put in with the blanket? A card for everyone to sign, and an instruction sheet- anything else? Does anyone have a file I can print out for the instruction sheet? Thanks!

Shandeh
11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for being willing to switch, you two! :hug:

Monzogary, I'll check with ferretlove (she's on Ravelry) to make sure she's ready for it now. Then I'll send her address, and a document you can print for the instruction sheet. You can use a blank greeting card, and sign your name inside. (Sometimes, I just make a greeting card, and print it out.) Be sure to put the actual blanket and greeting card in a ziploc bag, to protect them from the weather.

traceleighj
11-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Shandeh-

Mulder and I are meeting tomorrow to pass off Sweet Dreams. I will get a picture and post it tonight or tomorrow.

momwolf
11-21-2008, 07:44 PM
So are we just suppose to pick a color we think matches the blanket name or are there set colors to go with each name?

Shandeh
11-23-2008, 08:10 PM
So are we just suppose to pick a color we think matches the blanket name or are there set colors to go with each name?
Just pick a color that works nicely with the other colors, and feels like a good match to the name as well.

I usually wait until I get the blanket in my hands (if I'm knitting a middle or end section), and I take it to the store to choose the right color.

traceleighj
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Mulder has Sweet Dreams now. Sorry Mulder about our little guest! I had to bring my nephew as Grammie was babysitting and got very sick, so I got nominated. But, his mom came back yesterday so I'm off the hook now!

Mulderknitter
11-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Not a problem! I took the blankie over to Michael's and picked out a nice color. :yay:

Shandeh
11-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Glad to see that "Sweet Dreams" is on the move.

I'll be mailing out "Orange Fluff" tomorrow, Tracie. :)

I'm still working on "Candy Shop". It's sitting by my computer right now. Will you be ready for it soon, momwolf?

Monzogary finished her part of "Ocean Waves", and it's on the way to ferretlove (a Ravelry member).

Cynamar, how is "Happy Princess" coming along?

traceleighj
11-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I'll be mailing out "Orange Fluff" tomorrow, Tracie. :)
Sounds good! :thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
12-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Sweet Dreams is ready for the next knitter. She is looking very pretty.:yay:

Shandeh
12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Sweet Dreams is ready for the next knitter. She is looking very pretty.:yay:
I'll check on the next knitter now. :)

By the way, traceleighj, I STILL haven't mailed "Orange Fluff". The Thanksgiving holiday erased my brain, I think. :teehee:

Please forgive me for being so slow. :pout:

traceleighj
12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
No problemo Sandy! I know how that happens.:teehee: I will be here when it gets here.

Mulderknitter
12-02-2008, 07:10 PM
:waving: HI momwolf! I will try to get Sweet Dreams out this week yet. I have some xmas packages I want to get out early. I hope.:roflhard:

momwolf
12-02-2008, 09:09 PM
okie dokie,I'll be here waiting for it:roflhard:

Mulderknitter
12-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I meant to get sweet dreams out on saturday, but i missed the post office by about 3 min. I will put it in the mail monday, sorry for the wait!

traceleighj
12-08-2008, 09:02 AM
i missed the post office by about 3 min.
Don't you hate that? That is something that always happens to me!

Shandeh
12-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh, I hate when that happens! Makes you want to tear the door down and demand service. :teehee:

Mulderknitter
12-08-2008, 01:28 PM
I had to wait in line forever, but Sweet Dreams is off to Momwolf!:waving:

momwolf
12-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I got sweet Dreams:yay:

momwolf
12-18-2008, 12:35 AM
I got Sweet Dreams knitted tonight:yay: Tracie who gets it next?

traceleighj
12-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Momwolf- It looks like my3boys is next. Shandeh, is that right? Can you check with the next knitter?

Shandeh
12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I'll check on it! :thumbsup:

momwolf
12-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks Sandy:hug:

traceleighj
12-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Hello! I received Orange Fluff today. Thanks Shandeh for the goodies!

traceleighj
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Here is a picture so far of Orange Fluff...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3104/3160175117_f375cca38a_m.jpg

I will be ready to send out by the end of next week and have sent Mulderknitter a PM to arrange a pass off. Now, off to work on it!:knitting:

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Remember the "Candy Shop" blanket I started FOREVER AGO!!!
:doh:
I finally finished the first section!! :woohoo:

So, now it's ready to go to the next knitter. I'll send them a PM to see if they're ready. :)

Here's the photo I just made. I poured out the contents of one of my piano student's Christmas treat bags to add some candy to the photo. Some of my students weren't able to have their lesson for the past two weeks, because of the holidays. They'll be happy to get a treat after Christmas, I'm sure! :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/3164186618_0a53500fc3.jpg

traceleighj
01-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Candy Shop looks pretty! I will be getting together with Mulderknitter this week and pass off Orange Fluff....

momwolf
01-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Still waiting for address for next person to get Sweet Dreams:shrug:

traceleighj
01-06-2009, 09:38 PM

I think Shandeh might be the next person.......let me check....

Shandeh
01-07-2009, 02:52 AM
I sent a message to the next knitter on January 3rd, but I haven't heard back from her. I'll see if I can find her on Ravelry.

Mulderknitter
01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I just picked up Orange Fluff from Tracie, so will be working on it!:muah:

Shandeh
01-10-2009, 07:02 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/waving/1.gif IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/1.gif

Just wanted to let everyone know that traceleighj (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=15341) has stepped up to manage the entire Midwest Region now!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

So, everyone offer your encouragement and salutations to Tracie, our Midwest Region Oddball Leader.

She will be handling all Oddball Baby Blankets for the following states:
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Thank you, traceleighj!
:heart: :muah: :heart:

I'll be starting a NEW discussion thread for the Midwest Region tonight, and will close the discussion on the other threads.

This way, Tracie can start with a clean slate. :thumbsup:

traceleighj
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks Shandeh! I have the list of all the blankets we have going on, so if you are working on one right now, let me know when you are ready to pass it along. I will be adding new blankets (baby and preemie) this week, so keep an eye open on our new thread. :p