PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with the saturday market bag pattern:(

*KnitPixie*
07-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Grr... I am so annoyed right now I am trying to knit the saturday market bag and am having nothing but problems...I Casted on and on circs knit the 4 rounds of garter stitch (top of the bag)on size 10's. well when I went to switch the needles to a size 15 as directed the stitches would not go over the big needles. Then I frogged started over and tried to knit extremely loosely and it still would not work so I got super frustrated so I tried to knit the lace on a size 10.5 and then realized after the first row of lace I am so confused by the pattern. I do not understand the 2nd and the 4th row of the lace pattern:hair: :hmm: :tap: :grrr: :wall: :-x :violin:
Lace Background Stitch -
Row 1 – (RS) – k1 *yo, sl 1, k1, yo, psso the knit st and the following yo; repeat
from*
Row 2 – *P2, drop the yo from the proceeding row; rep from* end p1.
Row 3 – K2, rep from * of Row 1, end k1.
Row 4 – P3 * drop the yo from the proceeding row, P2; rep from*

Someone please help me..I was hoping to get this done for the weekend because Fiance and I are going to the Amish marketplace Friday morning.

suzeeq
07-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Don't try to transfer the sts to the larger needles because it won't work as you found out. Just knit them from the small needle in one hand by using the size 15 in the other.

*KnitPixie*
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks so much gosh why didn't I think of that*taps brain*..Helllo anyone there lol.... Okay so I am working on circs to avoid seaming would that mean I have to do the lace differently? Also cn you please help me understand what they mean on rows 2 & 4. I am to drop a stitch(do I just drop it off the needle? Sorry for all the questions

suzeeq
07-22-2008, 12:18 PM
You'll be dropping off one of the YOs on the previous row, just let it fall off the needle, it makes the sts longer and helps give it some stretch. Knitting it in the round shouldn't be a problem, I did 2 of them from the bottom up.

*KnitPixie*
07-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Sue thanks so much...okay I was thinking of doing my bag in the round using the magic cast on and then distributing the stitches to dpns. Do you think this would work out okay?

suzeeq
07-22-2008, 02:05 PM
From the bottom up? Sure that's how I did it; I used the Turkish CO, which is similar, did a few rows of garter stitch on a size 11, then started the mesh pattern with 13s I think. I just sorta magic looped it because I don't have dpns that size and after a couple rounds of the mesh pattern it stretched enough that I could use the 29" length.

*KnitPixie*
07-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Okay thank you so much for all your help Sue..I'll post pics in FO's when I am done;)