PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Come Up With a Nickname for My Son for My Blog/Update - I Selected a Name!

auburnchick
07-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Hey you guys! Got a question.

My son was reading one of my recent blog entries and decided that he doesn't like being referred to as "Littlest Chick." He says that 1) he's not little, and 2) "chick" sounds like a girl. Not kosher with a 14yo boy.

I have nicknamed the members of the family, with my daughter being "Soccer Chick" (no surprise there, eh?) and my dh being named Mr. AuburnChick.

My son wants another name. I'm not very creative. I'm hoping that with so many imaginative people here, we'll be able to find something good.

Do you have any suggestions?

He's a teenager entering high school. He plays the drums, is a avid Auburn fan, and is active in our church youth group.
Thanks all! :muah:

Jan in CA
07-22-2008, 05:47 PM
He doesn't want to be a chick, huh? Can't say I blame him. :teehee: How about Drum Dude.. :teehee: nah, I don't know, but I'm sure someone will come up with something cool .

Tropicflower24
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Auburndrummer? I don't know. LOL

ArtLady1981
07-22-2008, 06:09 PM
DRUMMER DUDE

DRUMBEAT

SOCCER MAN

SOCCER SON

AUBURN MAN

AUBURN ACE

AUBURN ACTION

kristaj
07-22-2008, 06:11 PM
How about AuburnSon? He's your son and he's and Auburn fan. Not super creative, but true.

kellyh57
07-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I had to read that a couple of times to figure out who you were referring to! (Yeah, I read your blog!)

I agree with Auburnson or something, but since everyone else is Chick something why not Chick-son. Kinda like chicken, but with a boy instead. Duh, I know!

Kelly

figaro
07-22-2008, 07:15 PM
How about Roosterboy?:teehee: Kinda sounds like a new superhero....

Ingrid
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
I was going to suggest using Rooster, too.

Wanda Witch
07-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Heck, so was I going to suggest something like: Rooster Auburn, Auburn Rooster, Rooster Drummer, Big R. Oh dear, what did I miss by not being a mother? Well, I did have two teen-aged stepkids years ago. I guess that qualifies me. Good luck, how about letting him come up with his own moniker. Kids keep you young? I dunno.

auburnchick
07-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Y'all are hilarious!

I'm loving your suggestions.

I'm hoping to find something that kind of goes with the chick theme.

Here are some names some people left for me on my blog:

Fledge (as in fledgling, as in a young bird recently growing feathers and learning to fly)

Drumstick (drums and chickens have sticks)

Chicken Doolittle
Rooster Doolittle
Rooty-Doo :roflhard:

Knitting_Guy
07-22-2008, 09:25 PM
I was going to suggest drumstick but I see someone beat me to it.

Since he's a drummer how about Headache? :rofl:

knitpurlgurl
07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
You have soccerchick.. how about boy-with-sticks?

Puddinpop
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I was trying to come up with something like He Rolls, you know like a drummer, that's how he rolls. Oh well, I tried. I like Drumstick.

Sunshine's Mom
07-23-2008, 09:55 AM
I like DrumStick, which can also correlate to this site with "DS". I also like AuburnDrummer, but that seems like a lot to type when you're talking about him. I know that Auburn is a school, but what about "Red" or "Big Red"? What would he like?

MMario
07-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Banty
Bantam
AuburnBantam
BantamRed

Many of the "male chicken" related terms would not be acceptable to a lot of people *grin*

auburnchick
07-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Y'all are so funny!

:roflhard:

Someone on Ravelry suggested Rockin Rooster. I think I may go with this one, although Drum Stick and Drummer Boy are still appealing..

Thanks, everyone, for all of the GREAT suggestions!

:muah: