PDA

View Full Version : I spun, plied and dyed!

Mulderknitter
07-24-2008, 09:01 PM
hey!
I finally have successfully made yarn! ok, it's not the best yarn out there, but I spun it, plied it and dyed it myself!
you can check out the whole process on my blog:
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/2008/07/pleased-as-punch-with-myself.html

Foxyie
07-25-2008, 02:31 AM
nice job! and another thing you can usefor dyeing.. do you have lemon juice? works wonders!

mullerslanefarm
07-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Woo Hooo! you're a fiber artist!

Mulderknitter
07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
nice job! and another thing you can usefor dyeing.. do you have lemon juice? works wonders!
No, but we have lime juice for gin & tonic. equal justice for drinking my blue kool aid:roflhard:

bethany
07-25-2008, 07:57 PM
hey and then you could have the gin and tonic as a reward! THAT'S the equal justice for drinking the koolaid! :) (Did he drink it with no sugar?)

And the yarn is lovely!! Nice work!

Mulderknitter
07-25-2008, 09:03 PM
hey and then you could have the gin and tonic as a reward! THAT'S the equal justice for drinking the koolaid! :) (Did he drink it with no sugar?)

And the yarn is lovely!! Nice work!
No, he made real kool aid with sugar and all, but only told me afterwards that the blue was gone:pout:
Maybe I'll dye and drink gin and tonic at the same time!:clink:
Thanks for the compliment on the yarn! it is in it's own special bag, waiting to inspire me!

Lucy78green
07-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Looks better than the first lot I did with my spindle and I'm hoping to learn how to use a wheel - I've been saving my roving for the wheel and trying to blitz my UFOs so I haven't had a wee go in a while - I'm gonna be scared to wreck my roving at first so I have some practice clumps of uncarded fleece stored waiting.