PDA

View Full Version : Who else combines methods for socks?

SBG
08-01-2008, 06:19 PM
I learned socks on DPNs, then learned how to do magic loop. I've done toe-up 100% on magic loop, and cuff down 100% on DPNs. I haven't tried 2 circs yet but I will get to that since I like to learn new things. What I've found is that I most enjoy cuff-down socks, but I like to do the cuff on magic loop. It's much faster that way. Then for the rest of the heel and gusset, I like to use DPNs. Sometimes I then switch back to magic loop for the foot.

Just curious if anyone else does that :)

Mirl56
08-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Nope, not me. I like 2 circs and stay that way throughout the whole sock.

SBG
08-02-2008, 09:49 AM
I'll be trying that soon. :)

tokmom
08-03-2008, 10:10 AM
So far, I'm a dpn kind of girl, but I want to learn magic loop.

Lighting57
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I started on the dpn's. Then I learned the ML. I perfer the ML. For me it is quicker, I get better tension, there is only the one needle to keep up with, I don't have a problem with laddering, and the top of the sock can rest on hold on one part of the cable while I'm working the heel flap and gusset.
I want to learn to do two socks at the same time (top down) on the ML. I don't have high speed internet so dial up makes watching the videos of little use.

jdee
08-03-2008, 03:54 PM
What I've found is that I most enjoy cuff-down socks, but I like to do the cuff on magic loop. It's much faster that way. Then for the rest of the heel and gusset, I like to use DPNs. Sometimes I then switch back to magic loop for the foot.

Just curious if anyone else does that :)

OMG! I do that,too. I thought I was the only one.