PDA

View Full Version : Oooohhh...aaaaahhhh New samplers on knit picks

SBG
08-07-2008, 08:00 AM
I went there this morning to see when the lace yarn samplers I haven't gotten yet would be available and -gasp!- new samplers!

http://www.knitpicks.com/knitting+yarn+kits+samplers_AL300108.html

Sock & fingering weight samplers. Now I'm confused! What do I buy? Choice overload...

suzeeq
08-07-2008, 09:00 AM
I'd seen the sock yarn samplers, but the palette are new, though I'd heard they were going to make some up. I know, too pretty eh?

tokmom
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Just buy them all.cloud9 :teehee:

I want those fall colors for socks. By the time I got knit all up, I'm sure spring would be here.:roflhard:

ArtLady1981
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for sharing that link! Very very very nice!!!!

SBG
08-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Well, I decided for now to get the fall/winter sock kit with patterns. I can only buy one at a time at that price, but eventually i will own them all (insert evil laugh)!

Lisa R.
08-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, personally, I think it's terrible of them to make up these sampler kits!! What a horrible thing....to place so much temptation in front of us budget-minded knitters. Of course, they're good prices for what you get---but I don't need to spend ANY money on yarn just now, and am trying to knit from my stash! It's just not nice of Knitpicks to do this!!! :-D

SBG
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Well, personally, I think it's terrible of them to make up these sampler kits!! What a horrible thing....to place so much temptation in front of us budget-minded knitters. Of course, they're good prices for what you get---but I don't need to spend ANY money on yarn just now, and am trying to knit from my stash! It's just not nice of Knitpicks to do this!!! :-D

I agree! I thought I could stop spending money there after one more purchase, and here they go making up cool new stuff for me to buy. Curses!

suzeeq
08-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I've been trying to figure out how to justify buying one of the samplers. I bought some of lace and fingering when they were selling off some colors, and I pick up lots of other stuff at the thrift store for about 50 cents a skein. Then I buy closeout stuff at Hobby Lobby. So I have more than enough yarn to knit for a year or two....

SBG
08-09-2008, 07:56 AM
OMG, I have so much yarn!