PDA

View Full Version : A story to make you jump!

Duessa
08-13-2008, 09:23 PM
So I am alone in my apartment. I decided that I would go out on our patio this afternoon and knit in the sun. Just before I opened the sliding door I noticed a huge walking stick bug on the glass. I took a pic and txt to my bf because it was cool. I knitted outside for about 20 minutes until the sun was directly in my eyes and the heat was unbearable. Then when I went inside I saw that my bug was still on the glass. I go in, turn to shut the veneitian blinds and to my horror I see the words "I SEE U" written in finger grease smear on the door. It's on the outside but written so that I can read it on the inside and 5 inch tall letters that go across the whole door. i panicked. I was txting my bf like mad and I grabbed the decorative katana off the wall and started to search the house while I was crying. It was like every bad horror movie I've ever seen. All I could think of was, this is exactly what those big chested chicks do and then they die! GAH! So I found nothing and no one. just me, my tears, and a giant decorative sword. roflmao. So my bf says to shut everything up tight, keep my phone close, and check in with him and I'll be fine. That was quite some time ago now but I had to post this. :shock:

rachael72knitter
08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
You poor thing. . .it would freak me out to.

I have a friend who manages a hotel and he had a hysterical guy call him saying the words "You're gonna die" appeared on his mirror after he got out of the shower. He was convinced someone came in while he was in the shower and did that.

Anywhoo. . .it is a mean trick. You take soap, or shaving cream and wipe it on glass or a mirror and when it gets steamy or there is humidity, it appears.

Sounds to me like someone is playing a trick on you. I would be thinking about who has access to your patio.

Duessa
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
lol, anyone who wants to. We are on the ground floor and there is no gate or fence or anything. I never thought that would be a big deal when we were talking over the pros and cons

bambi
08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
OMG! I would have been freaked out, too! Creepy. Hope whoever it was has a flat tire in the pouring rain and no one to help.

Bambi

kristaj
08-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Yup, I would totally freak out too. Even if it is just a kid playing a prank it's pretty scary. Wishing bad karma on your prankster. No one should be aloud to scare someone else like that and get away with it.

mks22300
08-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh my gosh, I would have freaked out too!

feministmama
08-14-2008, 12:02 AM
o.my.goddess. If that is a prank this is too messed up. Did you wash the window?

scout52
08-14-2008, 01:09 AM
That is terrible!! That is not a funny prank at all!! I am so glad you are ok!!

Jen17
08-14-2008, 01:17 AM
OMG!!!! You called your boyfriend???? I would have been calling the police!

Glad you are o.k.:hug: but be careful!

Jen

Jan in CA
08-14-2008, 01:33 AM
:shock: Yikes! I hope all is well and you find out it was a trick. But then I say kick them!

MAmaDawn
08-14-2008, 06:49 AM
I'm so glad you are ok too... did you ever figure out how it got there?

Cynamar
08-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Freaky! But nothing bad was going to happen as you were probably not wearing high heels and could run easily. I agree with your boyfriend, though--keep the phone very close and lock windows and doors.

Crycket
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
oh god...that would have been me too...but sadly...I would have been wandering the house with my cheap replica Godrick Gryffindor sword instead....

DF thinks it is funny that instead of a bat by the door...I keep a sword (the truth about THAT being that I haven't found a place for it yet *smiles*)

Cynamar
08-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I have a crohbar under my bed. It was in the yard when I moved in and I thought it could come in handy.

Dangles
08-14-2008, 05:51 PM
:oo: Egad! talk about a good scare. Just keep your mobile charged and close to you. Shut your blinds and lock the doors. Some people, huh. >.<

Daylilydayzed
08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
A long time ago something like that happened to me but it wasn't writing on the glass. We had just moved into our house we had boughtand hadn't had a chance to buy drapes yet. One evening I was sitting on the couch reading a magazine while my kids were outside playing with friends. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a person appear by the sliding glass door. It was not one of the kids. This person started to fondle his exposed private partswhen he saw me look at him. I jumped off the couch and he turned and ran. I opened the door and hollerd at him "You better run you B@@ST@@RD, My husband will kill you if he catches you"

Debkcs
08-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I was txting my bf like mad

So, someone wrote that and you were texting? I can tell you from personal experience that someone can break in faster than you can call or text.

Next time, get online with 911 while you're looking around your home. We don't need any statistics here on KH.

Plantgoddess+
08-14-2008, 07:13 PM
That's scary! I had a scare last fall. I went out the door with my dogs to go to the barn. I saw someone in my driveway about 100ft ahead. My male dog went running toward him barking and the person took off running and then turned and hollered "Get away from me" and fired a gun into the air. My dog turned around and ran back to me. I thought it was a neighbor kid and it was a pellet gun until he took off running. Then I hear my neighbor down below me yell "They're robbing you". Two guys were in my husbands shop carrying out his power tools and stacking them up next to the road when my neighbor saw them and stopped. The 2 guys ran off in different directions one of whom I saw, he continued on down my driveway across the street and ran through the neighbors house waving his gun and disappeared into the woods. After it was all said and done then I was scared. It happened so fast I wasn't smart enough to be scared.

Puddinpop
08-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I went to my garage, unlocked the door to the bay door and got in my car and backed out. I noticed the side door of the garage swinging open and a square cut out of it. Someone had broke into the garage. My husband had gone to work early, about 5 a.m., so he probably scared them when he got up. I called the police. I couldn't find anything missing except my sunglasses in my car. My car wasn't locked. The police said that I was lucky that I didn't walk in on them. The police left and I kept looking around the property. I then noticed that our utility house had a cut on the door. They were trying to get in there. I had felt so safe, but I am more aware now.

Someone was probably trying to scare you, but it is very wise for you to be more aware of your surroundings now. I understand that you had been in your apartment before you noticed the writing. If you hadn't been in there before, it would be wise to call the police and have them check out your apartment, before you went in. Be safe and cautious, but don't let it make you afraid. I pray if I get spooked.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I say kick them!
JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflhard:

I used to do this, but in a nice way... leaving love notes for my mother. Your story gave me chills, anyway.

Duessa
08-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Thank you all for the comments and support. Honestly, it's a college town and pranks aren't at all uncommon. we are safe. The bf would kill anyone who looked at me funny or came near our place and I have the courtesy officers number now and of course I'll have my head on straight and call 911. Thank you all so much! Your stories were chilling! I'm so glad you all survived!

Cynamar
08-18-2008, 09:43 AM
You all have had some scary experiences! I would be MAD for my sunglasses to be taken!!! PlantGoddess, you win the prize for the scariest, though. When there are guns involved there is no way to win. I don't know if any of you Americans heard about the dude in Maplewood who set his truck on fire and then ambushed the emergency workers who came to put it out and then set his own house on fire and eventually shot himself when he couldn't get out without being caught. He killed a fireman and injured two policemen. His own house is gone and one next door is boarded up and the roof gone. He had put his truck in the driveway across the street to burn it and that driveway was black and the tree next to it all burned up. That happened half a block and across the street and three houses down from me. I was outside pulling some weeds that I promised my landlord I would get rid of early before work and had no idea that there were swat teams at the end of the block. I didn't know until I left for work and heard it on the radio. When I got to the end of my block cops were ducked behind cars in the parking lot there and motioned for me to go the other way. It shook me up pretty bad--shook up everyone in Maplewood--and it's still so creepy to see those two houses.

InterNette
08-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I would have been hysterical. I would have run out of the house, no way would I have stayed inside it. I think that is a cruel mean trick for anyone to play. Thank goodness your safe, but I wouldnt be able to sleep or come home alone after that.

Duessa
08-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Yes, it was hard to be alone. I'm actually alone often as my BF works midnights at the hospital and when I'm not alone he often has to sleep. I have been fine so far. I think I slept on the couch the last few days because our bedroom was just to big and dark but I made it in here last night and I'm fine. I just don't go out after dark. and I don't leave anything unlocked! or any blinds open.

nephthys8
08-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah, that would have freaked me out way too much to stay calm. You've reminded me that I don't have a "weapon" in my new house, too. When I lived with my parents, we had some little-leage baseball bats that I would keep near me when home alone. Gotta get something new, now!

Puddinpop
08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
I would be MAD for my sunglasses to be taken!!!
My daughter had bought me some Ralph Lauren sunglasses for a Mother's day present a year ago. That's why I really hate they were stolen. After they were stolen she and fiance' looked for them at local pawn shops, but with no luck. I bought some cheap ones now.

knittingymnast
08-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Whoa....
If stuff like that keeps going on, then I would call the police. You said it's finger grease? They would be able to take the DNA from the grease off of the window and find out who it was.

daisyjane
08-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I couple of years ago 2 guys rang my bell and asked to use the phone. There was an old junkbox car out front, they said it broke down. I told them I would be happy to make a call for them but they could'nt come in. They tried to convince me to let them in, but I just shut the door and locked it. I was sitting on the couch looking out the window and saw them get into the car and drive away. I did call the police to report it, but nothing ever came of it, it really creeped me out. The worst part was I it made me feel uneasy in my home.

Duessa
09-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Well, nothing new has happened. Either it was the guy with the dog or he just started to think he would get caught. We are still careful but I'm not as nervous. Plus I have my kitty to protect me! lol

starburst
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Back when I was eleven or twelve, my mom ran to the store and left me home alone one day and while she was gone, the phone rang. I picked it up, said hello, and all I could hear on the other end was someone saying "You will be the next, you will be the next, you will be the next to die." I started sobbing, I hung up the phone and ran to the neighbors. they looked after me until my mom came home. This was long before *69 otherwise, we might have caught whomever it was.