PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in VA need a kitty - serious

vaknitter
08-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Every year at this time a dozen or so ferrell kitties show-up at our house. Last year I took 5 to the SPCA (no kill), but they really fuss when you bring in kittens b/c they have so many. Thought this year I would try to find them homes on my own...This little girl in particular is sooo human friendly she will not make it on her own. I cannot keep her as I am allergic, hubby doesn't like cats, and we have 2 dogs that give chase.
I am in the C-ville area and would love for her to go to a loving indoor home that will take wonderful care of her. She is too cute (and I'm not even a cat person). If anyone is intersted please let me know

knitasha
08-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh, what a beauty.
Too bad my stepdaughter no longer teaches at UVA -- she's a total cat person.
Could you try posting a notice on the faculty bulletin board? Or the student union?
Hope you find a great home for her soon.

MAmaDawn
08-24-2008, 09:44 PM
She is a doll... I can't as I can only have 1 pet where we are... I'd keep it up here and try putting it up on pet finder.com

vaknitter
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
I thought of petfinder guess I'll go check it out...figured I would hit up the wonderful VA knitters and all my coworkers first....she followed the hubby around the yard all evening. He was out finishing our deck and I came in to get some cleaning done....plus I couldn't take her meowing anymore - it tugs at the heart strings. Even the non cat loving hubby said "Oh there's no doubt she adorable."
I could cry as I sit here watching my dogs sleep on their beds thinking about her out there all alone tonight. Hopefully she'll hide under our deck and I can feed her tomorrow evening - maybe I'll put a small cat carrier (used it when I had rabbits) out there for her to sleep in....

saracidaltendencies
08-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Oh my goodness what a sweetheart, I wish I was in the area! I hope you have luck finding her a wonderful, loving home!

nephthys8
08-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Sadly, I can't take her even though I am in VA and would love to. If you have no luck on petfinder, I also suggest signing up (it's free) for http://www.catster.com and making her a page and saying that she is up for adoption. There are TONS of cat people there who are looking for family additions.

I think the suggestion about the UVA faculty and staff bulletin board is good, too.

Cynamar
08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
She's beautiful! Since she loves people she should be with people who will love her. I wish I could take her!

susi
08-25-2008, 12:53 PM
i would also out a notice up at your vets (or any other vets) in the area saying she's up for adoption.

if i was in america i would def have taken her as i take in feral cats/kittens. i actually got my dog from pet finder so know its great.

shes georgous though, looks exactly like one of my ferals from last year.

good luck

mks22300
08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Ooh, what a pretty kitty! I hope you find a wonderful home for her!

MAmaDawn
08-25-2008, 08:57 PM
If you can take her with you to the vets, a lot of times one of them will take her right then, trust me, I used to work at one....

Mulderknitter
08-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Here in MN we have a place called Feline resuce. they come to your house and collect the kitties if you have them secured and take them to foster, it's a no kill place. (i posted about them about a year ago.) They live fully on donations and are the most kind hearted people. Maybe try to find someone like that? Do you have a friend maybe that could foster the poor thing until adoption?
She really does melt my heart!:muah:

vaknitter
08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Poor baby is out there in the rain !! I think I will take a picture to my vets office tomorrow. The SPCA has agreed to let me put her picture up on their website, but they won't take her b/c I live in a different county so I am torn. If I put her on their website then I can't take her there if I don't find her a home....so I may be better off avoiding them for right now. I have e-mailed her picture to just about everyone at UVA !! The biggest problem is that most everyone I know already has tons of pets ....

Mulderknitter
08-28-2008, 08:19 AM
good luck dear! your heart is in the right place! Do you have a small kennell you could put outside with a blankie in it? When we were trying to trap kitties that's what we did. they snuggled right in. At least it would be better than the rain?

bambi
08-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Wish I lived in VA! What a sweetie.

Bambi