PDA

View Full Version : What do you wash with?

crystalle
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi! I was wondering what you like to wash your FO with? Do you like the no-rinse products or ?? :heart:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
I always use ALL. if it's for my kids, i add some fabric softener, if it's charity, i just use ALL Free and Clear (no perfumes, dyes, and it works as well as the ALL)... on the cold/cold gentle fast cycle.

i also either put it in a pillow case and tie the end closed for larger items or one of the lingerie bags if it's something small.

cdjack
08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I use Eucalan. I like it because you don't have to rinse and thus, you don't have to do much wringing.

Jan in CA
08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Well, since I haven't made anything that is wool I just toss them in the washer with Tide and Downy. Then into the dryer they go. :teehee:

ArtLady1981
08-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I use Unicorn Fibre Wash and Rinse. Man o man. It can really clean the yarn, without being harsh! I highly recommend it.
It really did a great job of softening the Tahki Donegal Tweed, and also removed the excess dye, which I think contributed to the scratchy feel of the tweed. You wouldn't visually notice the excess dye being gone ...but the feel of the sweater was incredible after the wash and rinse. (my daughter's Central Park Hoodie)

http://www.unicornfibre.com/

Saw it advertised in a magazine I subscribe to: "Wild Fibers".
I haven't used anything else since!

Shandeh
08-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Trust ArtLady for the wool. She's a smart one. :wink:

Plantgoddess+
08-30-2008, 05:28 PM
I have been using Woolite for 30 years and my wool and other sweaters have held up beautifully.

daisyjane
09-02-2008, 01:53 PM
I use Eucalan, and I like it alot, I picked up some small packages of SOAK, but have to wait for a FO to try it. I did "sniff" some of the samples, and they smell great. The no rinse factor makes handwashing so much easier.

nephthys8
09-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I have been using Woolite for 30 years and my wool and other sweaters have held up beautifully.

I don't have any FOs yet to wash, but my mom told me to use Woolite when I started college for anything that I wanted to get clean, but be gentle with. I bought a cashmere blend sweater when I lived in the UK and only ever washed it with Woolite. I have been very very pleased with the results from Woolite. They now also make a "Woolite for Darks" which is supposed to help preserve the darker, richer colors longer.:thumbsup: