PDA

View Full Version : Mitten and Gloves KAL

Shandeh
09-01-2008, 01:49 AM
I thought that maybe some of you would like to join our monthly knit-along in the forum.

This month, we are making Mittens and Gloves (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83245)! :)

I'm sure you can find a charity that will appreciate a pair.
:thumbsup:

GiddyKnitter
09-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Hi Sandy

Gloves/Mittens will fantastic in the Rowan DK Soft I sent you :0)

auburnchick
09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I thought that maybe some of you would like to join our monthly knit-along in the forum.

This month, we are making Mittens and Gloves (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83245)! :)

Wow, Sandy! I feel God moving right now. I have been pondering making mittens/gloves for quite some time. My dad, deceased since 2001, used to give out gloves to the homeless. I've recently begun thinking that this would be something I could do to honor his memory.

I'll have to check this out.

Thank you. :hug:

MainelyKnitting
09-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Count me in!

I try to keep mittens on a set of needles most of the time anyway, but it will be fun to knit with others and maybe I'll expand my horizons a bit and try a pattern or two that I've been wanting to make, but haven't understood. I'm sure that I'd find all the help I need right here on the forum. (I've always wanted to learn the "Windowpane" mittens, but have never figured them out).

I have 8 grandchildren to knit mittens for and 8 children, plus siblings, etc to knit gloves for and that is besides the donations I like to do, so this will be great.

My favorite local charity is the Battered Women's Shelter, they are always in need of things such as this, so I will make that the charity I'll donate mine to. I already have 8 pairs done for them, but I really need to use up some scraps and I can't think of anything more fun to use scraps for than making mittens for little hands.

Shandeh
09-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Gloves/Mittens will fantastic in the Rowan DK Soft I sent you :0)
I LOVE that yarn! I can't wait to work with it! cloud9
......My dad, deceased since 2001, used to give out gloves to the homeless. I've recently begun thinking that this would be something I could do to honor his memory.........
Wonderful plan, Nathalie! :thumbsup:
.....I try to keep mittens on a set of needles most of the time anyway, but it will be fun to knit with others and maybe I'll expand my horizons a bit and try a pattern or two that I've been wanting to make, but haven't understood. I'm sure that I'd find all the help I need right here on the forum.......
Excellent! Thanks for joining the KAL! :hug:

TrikkeAddict
09-02-2008, 02:51 PM

Count me in - I've never made mittens nor gloves before, but I have some yarn here that I think would be good for either. At least I hope that Lion Brand Wool-Ease will make good gloves!!!!

Susan

MainelyKnitting
09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
How is everyone doing on their mittens?

I am on my 5th pair since Thursday and am planning on going back to my regular projects during the week and working on the charity mittens on the weekends.

Shandeh
09-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Wonderful work! :cheering:

TrikkeAddict
09-07-2008, 10:40 PM
How is everyone doing on their mittens?

I am on my 5th pair since Thursday and am planning on going back to my regular projects during the week and working on the charity mittens on the weekends.

I have 5 pairs done also - started on a hat today. I found that I love doing mittens - they're so easy!!! I may do some more after I finish the hat. I really should work on the other stuff I have started too!!!

Shandeh
09-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Way to go! :woohoo: