PDA

View Full Version : Catnip high!

Jan in CA
09-07-2008, 01:25 AM
When looking for beach photos in my gallery I found these that I hadn't seen for awhile. :roflhard: This is Marshmallow and she's now 17yrs old.

First you knock over the catnip container and sniff it -
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/125093092_i2ZUq-M.jpg

Then you roll around in it while licking your lips.
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/125093104_BStv6-M.jpg

saracidaltendencies
09-07-2008, 01:35 AM
:rofl: That is too cute, what a beautiful kitty!

stitchwitch
09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
What a cutie!
I had a catnip plant growing in a pot out in my backyard and one morning I found my neighbor's all white cat had knocked the pot down, was rolling around in the dirt with it stoned and had basically mutilated the plant and was now filthy from head to toe. :roflhard:

bambi
09-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Too cute! We used to have a cat that got high from carrots. She would roll around on the bag when you got it from the store. I wonder if the tops are related to catnip?

B

susi
09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
awwww, thats just soooo cute.

your kitty so cute its unreal

auntcrafty
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
That's funny!

A friend of mine had a cat who would go bonkers if you put anything with menthol in it (bengay, etc). He didn't do that with catnip.

Jan in CA
09-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks! We had another cat a while back that also loved the smell of peppermint. If you were eating a peppermint candy or chewing gum she'd practically stick her head in your mouth.:teehee:

She is a Ragdoll Cat, Susi. ;)

Debkcs
09-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Jan, I think Rag Doll cats are wonderful, and Marshmallow sures loves her catnip.

Did you know that there is actually a gene for catnip? Some cats have it, some don't. When we were in servitude to our cats, I'd buy catnip tea in bulk from our local health food store and put it in calico bags, some of them loved it. Finally got curious and asked our vet why,she said there are hundreds of studies on it. Who knew?

mks22300
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Marshmallow is a beautiful cat! All my kitties love their catnip too :teehee:

BinkyKat
09-08-2008, 07:42 PM
"Hopped up on goofballs" is what we call it at our house. I think the younger cat is still only mildly knowledgeable of catnip's powers (dried that is) but he loves the fresh we have outside. The older one loves both, but fresh is like raw meat to a lion!:teehee:
Binky loves the smell of green olives:zombie:

PurlyGyrl
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Jan, beautiful cat! Now you know how I act around chocolate!:roflhard:

Binkycat: I, too, had a cat that went absolute bonkers over green olives. I would have to put him outside if I was slicing olives for something 'cause I turned my back, there he'd be wallowing and mewing on my cutting board.

Jan in CA
09-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Jan, beautiful cat! Now you know how I act around chocolate!:roflhard:

Oh my..that could get messy! :lol:

Binkycat: I, too, had a cat that went absolute bonkers over green olives. I would have to put him outside if I was slicing olives for something 'cause I turned my back, there he'd be wallowing and mewing on my cutting board.

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: