PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles - Cotton or Acrylic Yarn

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

jdee
02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey, everyone. I just wanted to pop in at tell ya'll I'm home, and I'll be ready to knit when my turn comes around.

:aww: Ah shucks, thanks for the nice words. I just love to knit, and 5" of garter stitch is so easy. If there are open spaces on cuddlebug, feel free to add me.

Secksiebrat
02-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I've got about 5 rows to knit so I'll be ready to send out His Majesty on monday. Jdee is the next knitter. I'll send you a PM since shandeh is out of town!

~danielle~

Mulderknitter
02-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I just sent Cuddlebug off to MishaRF, should be there mon or tues.
Thanks Jdee, I'lll add you after Yarncharmer!

Shandeh
02-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi everyone! :waving:

I'm back, and refreshed....but tired from travel. :sleepy:

Let me know if jdee is ready for "His Majesty". Thanks for covering for me, Secksiebrat! :hug:

sakura-panda
02-23-2009, 02:40 PM
"Critter Cozy" is postal and on its way to mckane19020! :happydance:

Secksiebrat
02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
His Majesty went out today to Jdee. She was ready. I made a huge booboo though. The only excuse I can come up with is that my brain is full of mucus and I can't breathe. I forgot to get delivery confirmation. I think that's the first time I ever forgot!!! Hopefully *crosses her fingers* since it's only going about 2.5 hours away from me, it will be ok.

Sorry about that.

~danielle~

Secksiebrat
02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I will be working on hugs and snugs this week to finish it up. Sorry for the delay! Didn't want anyone to think it was lost!

~danielle~

misha rf
02-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I just sent Cuddlebug off to MishaRF, should be there mon or tues.
Thanks Jdee, I'lll add you after Yarncharmer!

Cuddlebug is here!! Is there a particular color scheme with this one? (Sorry, my brain's been quite addled lately.) And thank you for the yarn! It's lovely!! Can't wait to try to figure out what to make with it... :rofl:

jdee
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm sure it will be fine. I'll let you know when it arrives. Hope you feel better.

Mulderknitter
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Cuddlebug is here!! Is there a particular color scheme with this one? (Sorry, my brain's been quite addled lately.) And thank you for the yarn! It's lovely!! Can't wait to try to figure out what to make with it... :rofl:
Glad you like the yarn! I almost got some for myself....:blooby:
It's been a bit hard to keep with a color scheme for these blankets, so I think that if people just use their judgement and go with what they think looks good once they get it, we should be fine. :yay:

jdee
02-24-2009, 02:11 PM
His Majesty is here. It's beautiful so far. :muah:

Secksiebrat
02-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Great! I'm glad my booboo didn't cause any problems!

~danielle~

misha rf
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Cuddlebug is done! Who's next???

spanky51
02-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Hi,
If you still need knitters for cuddlebug or any other blanket I can help. I won't be available between Mar.7-11, but after that I'm free. Hope I can help.
Let me know.

spanky51

Mulderknitter
02-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Cuddlebug is done! Who's next???
I think it is yarncharmer, but i will check when i get home and pm them!
Thanks!:muah:

Mulderknitter
02-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi,
If you still need knitters for cuddlebug or any other blanket I can help. I won't be available between Mar.7-11, but after that I'm free. Hope I can help.
Let me know.

spanky51
I do have some spots open, and will start another blanket this weekend if there is interest. I will post an updated list of the blankets either today or tomorrow!:yay:

Secksiebrat
02-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Finally I was able to finish hugs n snugs! Here is a finished picture!

~danielle~

Mulderknitter
02-26-2009, 07:44 PM

~danielle~
That turned out gorgeous! What a great job you all did!:clink:
Spanky51- I have added you as the last knitter on Pretty pets.

sgtpam
02-26-2009, 08:23 PM

~danielle~

It turned out great! The dark colors you used finished it off just right.:hug:

sgtpam
02-26-2009, 08:24 PM
I do have some spots open, and will start another blanket this weekend if there is interest. I will post an updated list of the blankets either today or tomorrow!:yay:

I'm ready for another one.:cheering:

Mulderknitter
02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm ready for another one.:cheering:
Would you like to be the finisher/donater of Cuddlebug? That's the last slot before I start another one. Or I can start one this weekend and put you in the middle if you don't want to finish... up to you!:woot:

spanky51
02-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks. Looking forward to getting started on Pretty pets. I think the Hugs n Snugs turned out great. It looks fabulous.

lizardknits
02-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Gang,
Im going to return the size 15 needles that I had bought. One of the ends of the circular needle comes off, which could definitely be a problem, since this project will only get bigger. I will let you guys know when I have started it.
:heart: :heart:
Elizabeth

sgtpam
02-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Would you like to be the finisher/donater of Cuddlebug? That's the last slot before I start another one. Or I can start one this weekend and put you in the middle if you don't want to finish... up to you!:woot:

I think I'm ready to finish one....it'll be another first for me:cool:

Shandeh
02-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Gang,
Im going to return the size 15 needles that I had bought. One of the ends of the circular needle comes off, which could definitely be a problem, since this project will only get bigger. I will let you guys know when I have started it.
Thanks Elizabeth!
I used size 10, 10 1/2, or 11 needles on the snuggles I've started so far.

jdee
02-27-2009, 04:32 PM
His Majesty is on its way to Susan. :muah:

jdee
02-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Pretty Pets is here. THank you so much, Mckrane for the book! I LOVE it!:muah:

sakura-panda
02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
"Snuggle Buddy" is postal and on its way to misha rf! :happydance:

mckane19020
02-27-2009, 06:51 PM
You're welcome!!

Mulderknitter
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi guys!:waving:
I just got back from my accountant, and found out good news! You can write off under charitable donations the cost of supplies and the cost of postage/miles driven for mailing or delivering our blankets! I know this is late for last year, but it's so early in the year now, we can keep those receipts and write them off next year!
I will be casting on a new blanket "Snugglebug" this weekend, please let me know if you want to be on it! I will try to post a pic of it by the end of the weekend to give an idea of the colors!:muah:

misha rf
02-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Cuddlebug went out in the mail today! I got the delivery confirmation, but I'm feeling too lazy to go dig the slip out of my purse. I have a pic, but I've got to download stuff off my camera. (I'm scared to see how many pics are on there right now!) I had to take my lint roller to the blanket a couple of times. One of my cats has decided that he now likes yarn. I left the blanket unattended and he dragged it off. It's a good thing he's cute....

Mulderknitter
02-28-2009, 04:24 PM
One of my cats has decided that he now likes yarn. I left the blanket unattended and he dragged it off. It's a good thing he's cute....
That's ok, Itchy decided one of the cotton blankets was his and snuggled right under it!
At least they're being "tested" first!:roflhard:

traceleighj
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Bear Hugs was mailed to Sakura-Panda today. Conf. # is 0308 3390 0000 6820 7601.

lizardknits
03-01-2009, 03:36 PM
really, that small?

interesting....

Shandeh
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
....I just got back from my accountant, and found out good news! You can write off under charitable donations the cost of supplies and the cost of postage/miles driven for mailing or delivering our blankets!........

Great news! :woohoo:

I'll let all the Oddball Baby Blanket leaders know about this. I'm sure they will need to check with an accountant in their area to confirm, since tax laws are different in various states.

Shandeh
03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Yep, the Snuggles website has requested that the snuggles be knit into a tight, firm fabric. It helps to keep the yarn from getting tangled in the pet's claws.

Mulderknitter
03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Great news! :woohoo:

I'll let all the Oddball Baby Blanket leaders know about this. I'm sure they will need to check with an accountant in their area to confirm, since tax laws are different in various states.
Thanks for passing on the info to others! I was still reeling a bit from our tax bill, hadn't even thought of that!:blooby:

misha rf
03-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Snuggle Buddy is here! I'll have to see what blues I have that will work with it. I think I know what yarn I want to use on it.

Sakura-Panda, thank you for the lotion! I love that stuff!!!

Mulderknitter
03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
I would like to introduce a new blanket: Snugglebug! (I'm not so creative, cuddlebug got me going:roflhard: )
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture284.jpg
The main color is a soft grey, with a bit of green and brown thrown in. (the red on the side is a different project)
Let me know if you want to be on this one!:muah:

misha rf
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM
If you need me, use me!! :rofl:

misha rf
03-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm almost done with Snuggle Buddy. (It was a stressful day, and I needed some mindless knitting.)

Who's next??

Mulderknitter
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm almost done with Snuggle Buddy. (It was a stressful day, and I needed some mindless knitting.)

Who's next??
I will have to double check when I get home, but I beleive it's your turn to finish it and donate!:muah:

misha rf
03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Cool! Glad I didn't cut the yarn. :teehee: What do I do with the needle?

Thank you!

Mulderknitter
03-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Cool! Glad I didn't cut the yarn. :teehee: What do I do with the needle?

Thank you!
You can mail it back to me or start another one.. your choice!:muah:

Ladybug Lady
03-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi there!

Need another knitter on one of the acrylic pet lovies? I'd like to join in. : )

yarncharmer
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Cuddlebug arrived today! :yay: Thank you for the yarn Misha! It looks like it will make something really dainty and sweet. :muah:

CUddlebug looks great! It's surprising how thick and sturdy it feels - these snuggles definitely warm up a cold metal cage don't they?

Mulderknitter
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
I got "his majesty" today, the colors are so gorgeous! I will take a pic before it goes out!
Thanks Jen for the notepad! it's darling and will fit right in my bag!
:muah:

Mulderknitter
03-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi there!

Need another knitter on one of the acrylic pet lovies? I'd like to join in. : )
Thanks for joining Ladybug Lady! We can always use more knitters!
Please pm me your address info and I will get you right on the list for a blanket! Are you ready right away or do you need a week or so to settle in?

jdee
03-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I can knit on Snugglebug if you need me, but if a new knitter needs a spot, you can use them in my place. THat way everyone gets a chance. I've been feeling a little like a Snuggle hog.

sakura-panda
03-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Bear Hugs arrived yesterday. :yay:

Thanks for the yarn, Tracie! :)

traceleighj
03-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Bear Hugs arrived yesterday. :yay:

Thanks for the yarn, Tracie! :)

You are welcome!:cool:

Mulderknitter
03-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I got the blanket out and was knitting on some other stuff, and Itchy decided to do a "test run" to make sure it was ok for the pets to use,
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture285.jpg
I think he approves. Now I just have to get it away from him. :roflhard:

mckane19020
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
:cheering: My hands thank you for the hand lotion!!

misha rf
03-04-2009, 05:45 PM
You are quite welcome! Glad you like it!!

Mulderknitter
03-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Everyone is knitting like crazy I can hardly keep up!:muah:
We have quite a few blankets that are on the last leg of the journey:
Snuggle Buddy-MishaRF is finishing
Critter cozy-on it's way to Cheley to finish
Bear Hugs-one away from finish
Hugs N snugs-Secksiebrat is finishing
So I have cast on Snuggle bug which will be on it's way to new member Ladybug Lady on Friday, and another blanket, "Green goblin" will be cast on this week! I am using Caron SS for green goblin in 2 shades of green (go figure) so let me know if you want to be on it! I will post a pic once she's on her knitting way, everyone loves a pic!
Grapevine is still with Shandeh, Pretty Pets is going to MishaRF then Spanky51 to finish, Cuddlebug is with Yarncharmer then to Jdee and Sgtpam to finish.
I have to say a special thank you to all of you rock star knitters!:muah: You are making my little project such a success without even knowing me, it means so much!
If you have finished a blanket and have needles, you can start a blanket of your own or mail them back to me to start another one, it's up to you! Please do respect the charity guidelines and use them for charity purposes though, I know that doesn't need to be said but I needed to put that out there.
Hugs!:grphug:

Shandeh
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
I love it! :)

At least now we know that we are making a product the animals will enjoy. cloud9

Shandeh
03-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Way to go, Oddball Snugglers! :woohoo:

And believe it or not, I actually mailed out Grapevine this week.
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

I must apologize for the ridiculous delay on that one. I had the flu, then we actually got snowstorms here in Charlotte, then I just got lazy. :teehee:

So, thank you for your patience with me this time. :hug:

mckane19020
03-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Add me wherever you need a knitter!

jdee
03-05-2009, 04:57 PM
You can always add me wherever I'm needed.:)

gmmarton
03-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I received Grapevine from Shandeh today. Thanks so much for the yarn! I love it!

It has been quite some time since I have worked on a Snuggles Blanket, so it will be a nice change of pace to knit on it this weekend.

Thanks so much!
:cheering:

Mulderknitter
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture286.jpg
As promised a pic of Green Goblin!:woohoo:
She is ready to go soon, and needs 2 more knitters!
Currently on the list for her are Jdee and McKane19020, anyone else???
:waving:

Mulderknitter
03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Snugglebug went out to Ladybug Lady today!:yay:

misha rf
03-06-2009, 08:27 PM
You can add me in!

I'll be starting one sometime this weekend with your needles. :rofl:

sakura-panda
03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture286.jpg
As promised a pic of Green Goblin!:woohoo:
She is ready to go soon, and needs 2 more knitters!
Currently on the list for her are Jdee and McKane19020, anyone else???
:waving:

So tempting -- I have some green yarn that I am desperate to use up. However, I'm finding that these blankets are taking ALL of my knitting time :eyes: and I will have even less time to knit when I go back to work April 1.

I'll check back in after I've finished the one I'm working on now. Maybe there will be time for me to finish my part while I'm still off of work. :teehee:

Mulderknitter
03-09-2009, 06:37 PM
:waving: Just a status update on our in-progress blankets:(I am only listing those working on it or yet to work on it)
Grapevine:
Gmmarton: working on it
TraceleighJ
Spanky51
Mulderknitter
Hugs N Snugs:
Secksiebrat: finishing
Snuggle Buddy:
MishaRF: finishing
Critter cozy:
Cheley: in the mail to
Bear Hugs:
Sakura-Panda: working on it
SgtPam
Pretty Pets:
MishaRF: in the mail to
Spanky51
Cuddlebug:
Yarncharmer: working on it
JDee
SgtPam
Snugglebug
Ladybug Lady: in the mail to
McKane19020
MishaRF
JDee
Green Goblin:
Mulderknitter: working on it
JDee
McKane19020
MishaRF
Needs 1 more knitter!
In addition, MishaRF is casting on another blanket for us all!
:woohoo:

misha rf
03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
I've finished my section on the one I was going to start. I'm calling it Woofer Wubby. Who would like it next?? :rofl:

Mulderknitter
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I've finished my section on the one I was going to start. I'm calling it Woofer Wubby. Who would like it next?? :rofl:
Since we just posted that it was available, you can go ahead and mail it to me and I will do the 2nd part, give people a chance to catch up!
I will pm you my address! Thank you so much for starting it! You are a real rock star!:woot:

Mulderknitter
03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
:waving: Another quick post, we've expanded our acrylic pet snuggles onto Ravelry!
I hope to get a blog up soon, so we can all check our progress. I will let you know as soon as that happens!
Thank you to all of my knitters! :woohoo:

Shandeh
03-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Attention Oddball Snugglers! Update!

As you know, we are also making Acrylic Oddball Pet Snuggles, under the direction of Mulderknitter. She has done such a great job, that I've asked her to handle the cotton snuggles as well. She has agreed! :)

So, everyone say "Congratulations" to Mulderknitter (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=13727), the leader of the Oddball Pet Snuggles Project! :cheering:

I'm sure she will do a wonderful job organizing and handling all our snuggles. And she certainly has a heart for the job, being an animal lover. :heart: :heart: :heart:

jdee
03-10-2009, 04:22 AM
I feel I need to apologize to MishaRF and my other Snuggle Knitting friends, because I haven't mailed Pretty Pets yet. My husband just started a new job, and we've been waiting on a paycheck. I promise to send it out this week. I'm so sorry for holding up the project.:sad:

Mulderknitter
03-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I feel I need to apologize to MishaRF and my other Snuggle Knitting friends, because I haven't mailed Pretty Pets yet. My husband just started a new job, and we've been waiting on a paycheck. I promise to send it out this week. I'm so sorry for holding up the project.:sad:
No need to worry! It happens to all of us!:muah:

Shandeh
03-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Attention Oddball Snugglers! Update!

As you know, we are also making Cotton Oddball Pet Snuggles. Mulderknitter has done such a great job with the acrylic snuggles, that I've asked her to handle the cotton snuggles as well. She has agreed! :)

So, everyone say "Congratulations" to Mulderknitter (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=13727), the leader of the entire Oddball Pet Snuggles Project! :cheering:

I'm sure she will do a wonderful job organizing and handling all our snuggles. And she certainly has a heart for the job, being an animal lover. :heart: :heart: :heart:

misha rf
03-10-2009, 12:51 PM
jdee, please don't worry about it!! Life happens!!

Mulderknitter
03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Well, I finally got My Prince shipped out and then I left the slip with the tracking number at work. :doh: I'll PM it to Michele on Monday!
Hi Gang! :waving: I'm starting to go over the notes that I got from Sandy, so I'm tying up some loose ends. I never did see that this got rec'd by MishaRF? or did i miss that?

I am also looking for Her Higness and Sweet Princess, last heard from in the hands of Jjminarcik and Spikey a couple weeks ago. Any updates?

misha rf
03-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I have not received this one yet.

thanks!

Mulderknitter
03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Marria, can you look up the tracking info for my prince? It looks like you mailed it a week or so ago, but we haven't seen it:??

Spikey
03-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Sorry! I've been up to my eyeballs in oddball preemie blankets, but Sweet Princess will be done very soon, I promise.

Mulderknitter
03-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Sorry! I've been up to my eyeballs in oddball preemie blankets, but Sweet Princess will be done very soon, I promise.
No worries, I just wanted to know where things are! :muah:

misha rf
03-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Woofer Wubby went out in today's mail. And I've decided that I'll give Snuggle Buddy to the Transylvania County Humane Society. We got our dog from them. I've got to send them copies of her medical records (we had her spayed since she was still lactating when we got her; they need a copy of the record for their files) and will include it with that.

Mulderknitter
03-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Can we get a pic of Snuggle Buddy? :yay:

cheley
03-12-2009, 02:37 PM
:cheering: My hands thank you for the hand lotion!! Hi there Mckane 19020 , rec'd the "Critter Cozy" yesterday to do my part...I will finish up and deliver to Friendship APL, thank you for the thoughtful gift:hug:

jdee
03-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I finally got Pretty pets sent off. THanks for your patience.

Mulderknitter
03-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I will be getting "green goblin" off to JDee on Friday, but we still need 3 more knitters after her, any takers???:waving:

Ladybug Lady
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I got my pet snuggle (Snugglebug, I think) yesterday! Thanks Mulderknitter for the note cards!

sakura-panda
03-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Bear Hugs is postal to sgtpam! :happydance:

That is it for me for now. I had fun working on these blankets and I think that I even used up more yarn than I bought! (Not much more :teehee: )

It was fun! Thanks for letting me play along for a little while. :knitting:

sgtpam
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I will be getting "green goblin" off to JDee on Friday, but we still need 3 more knitters after her, any takers???:waving:

Sure, you can add me to the goblin

misha rf
03-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Sure--when I get the chance to get pics off my camera!!

mckane19020
03-12-2009, 10:26 PM
You're welcome!!!

Ladybug Lady
03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm almost done with Snugglebug. PM me with the next knitter's info. :)

Mulderknitter
03-13-2009, 01:30 PM
I got Woofer Wubby in the mail today, Thanks Misha RF for the goody!
Green Goblin is full now, We do need 3 more for Woofer Wubby!

jdee
03-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Am I on Woofer Wooby? If not, I can help.

Mulderknitter
03-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Am I on Woofer Wooby? If not, I can help.
You are now! I think you are on every one of our blankets!:clink:

Mulderknitter
03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Green Goblin went out to JDee today!

yarncharmer
03-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Cuddlebug is ready to go to the next knitter - just let me know where to send it!

gmmarton
03-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Grapevine was mailed out this morning to Spanky51. Sorry I don't have the Delivery Confirmation # on hand, but when I find my paperwork, I will post that information.

sgtpam
03-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Bear Hugs is postal to sgtpam! :happydance:

That is it for me for now. I had fun working on these blankets and I think that I even used up more yarn than I bought! (Not much more :teehee: )

It was fun! Thanks for letting me play along for a little while. :knitting:

I got Bear Hugs and have just the right yarn to finish it up..:knitting:

Thanks for the lotion; I can't wait to see how it works after leaving it on with the gloves.

Hope you can join us again soon! Remember, you can just do one every now and then...like next time your stash grows too big for its britches...:roflhard:
:hug:

Mulderknitter
03-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I got Bear Hugs and have just the right yarn to finish it up..:knitting:

Yea! Another blanket just about done!:woohoo:
You can use the needles to start another one or pm JDee to return them to her, they were her needles for this blanket.
You rock!:yay:

misha rf
03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Peektures!!

Cuddlebug, Snuggle Buddy and Woofer Wubby!

jdee
03-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Green Goblin Arrived today!:muah:

yarncharmer
03-16-2009, 08:26 PM
JDee, I sent cuddlebug your way today. I don't know how you keep up with all these - you rock! :happydance:

Mulderknitter
03-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Snuggle update!
Hi, I have gotten responses from everyone working on a snuggle, so I thought I would give an update.
Her Highness is being mailed to me and then Sgt Pam will be finishing
Pampered Pets is being mailed to me to finish
Spikey is working on Sweet Princess, then me, then Misha RF to finish
Marria is working on My Prince, then Misha RF, then trvlbuddy to finish.
I will be casting on another blanket as we are getting low, so let me know if you want to be on it!:muah:
I will be adopting the color theory I use for the acrylics, which is no real rules, just try to match it or make it look pretty when you get it and see what it looks like! I do try to take a pic of the started blanket before I mail it so people have a general idea of what's started.
Thanks snuggle knitters!

misha rf
03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
You can add me in for another one (or five). I've got a fair amount of Peaches & Creme hanging around.

misha rf
03-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Pretty Pets arrived today! It's lovely!! And thank you for the wee memo book & pen! That sort of thing always comes in handy. I go through so many of them!

I had a good laugh about it, too. It was my day at the library, and Husband emailed me to let me know that I had a box from TX. Now, I happen to have a friend who lives in TX with the exact same name. And I was trying to figure out what she had sent me. I even emailed her, asking her about it. She was really curious too, as she had absolutely no recollection of mailing me anything! Now, had Husband told me the town, I would have figured that it wasn't from her, as you two don't live anywhere near each other. I had to wait 3 hours before I could go home and sort it all out. Husbands. Sheesh. :roflhard:

jdee
03-17-2009, 11:09 PM
:roflhard: I would have been so worthless. No way I could consentrate, knowing I have a package at home.

jdee
03-18-2009, 12:58 PM
You can add me wherever you need me.

spanky51
03-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just got Grapevine in the mail today and will start working on it right away. Looks beautiful ladies.:knitting:

Ladybug Lady
03-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I mailed Snugglebug to mckane19020 today.
Conf #: 0308 1400 0000 5013 8182
You should get it in a couple days. :)

Mulderknitter
03-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Just a few updates, Woofer wubby is going in the mail to JDee on friday, but still needs 2 knitters.
Grapevine is on it's way to TraceleighJ and then me to finish, and Cheley has finished Critter Cozy.
Two small notes on the blankets, when leaving the tail for the finisher to weave in, instead of making a knot that is hard to undo, please just leave them hang or do a slip knot. The knitting won't come undone, don't worry. A knot makes it hard to undo to weave in the end. Also, please when cutting off the yarn, leave enough so that it is possible to weave in the end, I just ran across a blanket on another forum that didn't have hardly enough for the yarn needle to use!:roflhard: Not a big deal at all and no one is complaining, just a note for future.
I am a little backed up with the cotton/acrylic and baby blankets, but will have time this weekend to knit crazy. If you want to start one of your own, please do so! I will post sunday I hope and let you know if there is a new one to be on.
Thanks everyone!:muah:

misha rf
03-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm done with Pretty Pets. Who's next??

I've been weaving in the ends as I finish them. I'm...particular...enough, so I don't mind doing that.

Mulderknitter
03-19-2009, 07:22 PM

Spanky51 is next, but she's had a family emergency. Does someone want to step in for her?

sgtpam
03-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Spanky51 is next, but she's had a family emergency. Does someone want to step in for her?

Sure, I can do that...you've got my address.

Mulderknitter
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Misha-I'll pm you SgtPam's address, thanks!:muah:

jdee
03-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Cuddlebug is here. It's so beautiful.

Mulderknitter
03-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Critter Cozy..all done!!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3620/...0253e6a0_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3620/3374110870_380253e6a0_m.jpg) and ready to be donated!!!!!:muah: I was going to APL..but there is a brand new Rescue Group coming to our Mall (yes, there was a terrible Pet Shop (puppy mill) that was forced out..so the Rescue Group took over!!!

Cheley has finished Critter cozy! she is sooooo pretty!:muah: :woot:
Thank you Cheley for the pic and the details of where she is going, I love it!:woohoo:

Ladybug Lady
03-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Critter Cozy is so pretty! Good job all!

Mulderknitter
03-22-2009, 11:47 AM
We have a new knitter to welcome, Spunknit from ravelry! She will be working on Woofer Wubby after Jdee, and we still need a knitter to finish it!
Welcome Spunknit!:muah:

Mulderknitter
03-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Creature Comfort has been started! It is in green and yellow.
So far we have Misha RF and Jdee, we need 2 more knitters!:muah:
misha ~ is it ok if that goes in the mail to you by the end of this week?

misha rf
03-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Sure! Mail away!! :happydance:

yarncharmer
03-22-2009, 06:44 PM
You can add me to woofer wubby if you want :)

cheley
03-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Welcome Spunknit:grphug:

cheley
03-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Just a "little" update on Critter Cozy...I went to the "mall" this a.m. to check the "status" of the rescue center (Ohio Pet Placement)they are having a grand opening on April 1...so I will present the "cozy" on or around that day:hug: I will take pics and post...(heck, I might even volunteer my time there)..

Mulderknitter
03-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Sure! Mail away!! :happydance:
Thanks! It will probably go in the mail on Friday!

traceleighj
03-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I received Grapevine today. Thank you Spanky51 for the totally cute note cards! Now, I think I need a trip to Michaels....

spanky51
03-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Your welcome. Glad you liked the cards.

jdee
03-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I recieved Woofer Wooby yesterday. Thank you so much for the yarn. It's a gorgeous color.

Sorry I didn't post here yesterday. I had to take one of my own babies to the vet, and I'm always in a state of worry when one is sick. It turned out to be nothing big, so everything's fine today. :thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
03-24-2009, 12:41 PM
I recieved Woofer Wooby yesterday. Thank you so much for the yarn. It's a gorgeous color.

Sorry I didn't post here yesterday. I had to take one of my own babies to the vet, and I'm always in a state of worry when one is sick. It turned out to be nothing big, so everything's fine today. :thumbsup:
You are very welcome!
Glad to hear your baby is ok. Mulder had to go to the vet on saturday, the diabetes is under control, so that's a relief. I know how it feels!:muah:

jdee
03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
You are very welcome!
Glad to hear your baby is ok. Mulder had to go to the vet on saturday, the diabetes is under control, so that's a relief. I know how it feels!:muah:

It's kind of funny, now that I know he's ok. One night, while I was petting him, I noticed a lump on the side of his head by his right ear. I though maybe, he injured himself while scratching his ear, and I gave it a little while to go away, but it didn't. Then I got so upset, thinking it was something serious, and I should have gotten him to the vet sooner. It turned out to be a clogged pore that turned into a sebacious cyst. In other words,,,a zit. You can imagine how foolish I feel for worrying. :aww:

Anyway...Cuddlebug and Green Goblin are on thier way to the next knitters.

Mulderknitter
03-25-2009, 06:47 PM
You can imagine how foolish I feel for worrying. :aww:
Don't feel foolish for worrying! Mulder and Itchy fight, and I know they get scratches, but when I see the scratches I always freak out.

Spikey
03-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Sweet Princess is finally done! Mulderknitter, please let me know where to send her and she will be on her way.

Mulderknitter
03-25-2009, 08:57 PM
actually, i'm next, I'll pm you my address

Mulderknitter
03-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Creature comfort was mailed to MishaRF today!

sgtpam
03-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Nothing much better on a Friday than coming home to presents on the doorstep!:happydance: :woot:
:woohoo:
I got both Cuddlegug and Pretty Pets today...just in time for a cold weekend with nothing better to do than stay home where it's warm and knit!

They are both GORGEOUS! Shame on y'all...I may have to "gasp" buy yarn to do them justice:wink:
Thanks for the yarn (I've been wanting to try that chunky Bernat) and the little note pad and pen...too cute and handy.

Update: I finished Bear Hugs and contacted Little Orphan Angels to donate it. It was funny, the lady I got a hold of didn't know about the project (though they are listed on the snuggle web-site). But, she checked it out and is excited about it. I'm going to take it tomorrow.:cool:

That's it...I love this place!

Mulderknitter
03-27-2009, 10:09 PM
SgtPam, thanks so much for the update!
Is there any way we can get a pic of Bear Hugs?
Glad as all heck you found a good spot to donate to, and I'm not remembering who was before you, but gosh aren't those little notepads and pens super handy??
I swear I will try to cast on another blanket this weekend, I've been quite busy with spinning and other things, I promise I haven't forgotten!
I am also wondering what you all think of combining the Acrylic and the Cotton groups together? We have a group of hardcore :woot: knitters that work on both, and a few that work on one or the other. I am just thinking it might be easier for me to keep track. Let me know what you think.
ETA: SgtPam, you decide what you want to do with the needles, you can either cast on another blanket, or return them to me. Please pm me with what you decide. I'm not so concerned with the needles themselves, just that they get used for our project!

sgtpam
03-27-2009, 10:28 PM
I'll get a picure of Bear Hugs before I take it tomorrow...and I'll try to find the thing I need to download it (I can't remember where I put it...)! I can start a new suggle with the needles; it'll take me a few days, but I'll definitely "keep them in the family"...

And, if we're voting, I'm all for putting the two snuggle threads into one...

jdee
03-27-2009, 11:30 PM
I am also wondering what you all think of combining the Acrylic and the Cotton groups together? We have a group of hardcore :woot: knitters that work on both, and a few that work on one or the other. I am just thinking it might be easier for me to keep track. Let me know what you think.
That sounds like a great idea.

gmmarton
03-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Anything to simplify the process...put the two threads together. It will be easier to locate information regarding blankets and much easier for the coordinator to keep current.

Shandeh
03-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Just let me know if you want to combine the two threads together. I can do that for you. It will have all the discussions in one long thread, (including all the earlier discussions).

It's just one of the things I can do as a moderator! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
03-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Done! :thumbsup:

Now, ALL the Oddball Pet Snuggles are in ONE discussion thread. It will seem a little confusing if you read every page, because all the posts are in date order. But the last parts will flow a little better.
Have at it, Oddball Snugglers! :muah:

Mulderknitter
03-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks Sandy!:woohoo: You rock!
I have not gotten a blog up and running yet, but plan on spending some time on Sunday doing that. I want to spend the most time on arranging it so you can see the progress of each snuggle.
If there are any blog - geniuses out there, is there a way for me to do this easily? I'm thinking of something you can click on so that you can see the progress of each blanket. After you click on it you would be able to see a list of the people on it, who has it, and possibly pictures. I'm thinking of something like how the Yarn harlot has a link to her tour dates. :?? can someone help with this?

Shandeh
03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Glad I could help.

I wish I knew how to help with the blog, but I only know basic stuff with blogworld.

You might want to check with all the Oddball Baby Blanket region leaders. They have blogs for their regions, so they might know some tricks.

misha rf
03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Creature Comfort is here! Thanks for the yarn! I haven't seen it before. I'm thinking kiddie hat...

jdee
03-31-2009, 04:18 PM
:muah: Woofer Wubby is on it's way.

Mulderknitter
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Wow guys! I just merged all the acrylic and cotton info together so I know where everything is and oh my gosh have we got a lot going on! I thought I would do an update for us all now that we are one big group!
For the cotton snuggles:

Her Higness is being mailed to Sgtpam by me to finish

Sweet princess: Spikey is working on it, then mulderknitter, then MishaRf to finish

My Prince is being worked on by Marria, then MishaRF, then Trvlbuddy

creature comfort is being worked on by MishaRF, then Jdee, then we need 2 more knitters

On the acrylic side:

Grapevine is coming to me to finish

Bear Hugs, Pretty Pets, and Cuddlebug are all being finished by SgtPam way to go rock star:woohoo:

Snugglebug and Green Goblin are on their way to Misha Rf, Jdee will finish Snugglebug and SgtPam will finish Green Goblin

Woofer wubby is being mailed to Spunknit, then yarncharmer to finish

And Cheley has cast on for Snuggly Wuggly, which will come to me, then to 3 more knitters needed!

:woohoo: We are so awesome! Go ahead and post pics of the blankets if you can when you are working on them, we love pics!

sgtpam
03-31-2009, 08:26 PM
I took Bear Hugs to Little Orphan Angels Animal Rescue Saturday and they were so excited. That morning they had just received 3 new kittens and that's who got it. They sent me an e-mail with pictures (only one was clear, so I only attached it) and asked me to thank the rest who worked on our snuggle. So....here's the message :grphug:

"Pam, I wanted to thank Jennifer, Susan, Tracie, Katie, and you so much for the wonderful blanket. As you can tell by the pictures, it was well received.
We really appreciate your support in helping us care for our Little Angels. Thanks, Beth" Keller, TX

I'll be taking the next ones I finish there, too.

traceleighj
03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
OMG! That little one is too cute! Glad I could be a part!:inlove:

jdee
03-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Aaawwww! Talk about cuteness overload. I wonder if Dh will let me have a seventh cat.:teehee:

jdee
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Mulder, you can add me to Snuggly Wuggly if I'm needed.

Mulderknitter
04-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Mulder, you can add me to Snuggly Wuggly if I'm needed.
Will do!

Mulderknitter
04-01-2009, 08:03 AM
I took Bear Hugs to Little Orphan Angels Animal Rescue Saturday and they were so excited. That morning they had just received 3 new kittens and that's who got it. They sent me an e-mail with pictures (only one was clear, so I only attached it) and asked me to thank the rest who worked on our snuggle. So....here's the message :grphug:

"Pam, I wanted to thank Jennifer, Susan, Tracie, Katie, and you so much for the wonderful blanket. As you can tell by the pictures, it was well received.
We really appreciate your support in helping us care for our Little Angels. Thanks, Beth" Keller, TX

I'll be taking the next ones I finish there, too.
Thank you SOOOOO much for posting that! I just made that photo with the kitty my desktop pic at work so I can see it all the time now. :muah: You have made my day!:woot:

cheley
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone I presented "Crittter Cozy" today to a proud owner of a brand new "rescue center" in our local Mall (replacing an awful pet store)...anyway she was very excited to rec our gift and it will go with the first puppy that is adopted
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3437/3404771247_f74c65d374_m.jpg I will post the store front on another post....:hug: :yay:

cheley
04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone I presented "Crittter Cozy" today to a proud owner of a brand new "rescue center" in our local Mall (replacing an awful pet store)...anyway she was very excited to rec our gift and it will go with the first puppy that is adopted
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3437/3404771247_f74c65d374_m.jpg I will post the store front on another post....:hug: :yay: Here's the store front, the owner wanted to open today, but she is still "cleaning" the place up...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3583/3405582856_f1ee1ce046_m.jpg

cheley
04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
:hug: Oh yea, here's "Snuggly Wuggly" OTN...(that's Baby Phat helping out) few more inches and off too Mulder...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3631/3404892851_170a638444.jpg

Mulderknitter
04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Cheley, thank you so much for posting and the pics! It really does bring home to me that we are helping animals when I see where the blankets go!
And your cat looks so regal with the blanket, reminds me of my Mulder! Hope he doesn't mind giving it up!

cheley
04-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Cheley, thank you so much for posting and the pics! It really does bring home to me that we are helping animals when I see where the blankets go!
And your cat looks so regal with the blanket, reminds me of my Mulder! Hope he doesn't mind giving it up! No problem...I was soooo happy to present that awesome blankie to a "Rescue Org"...they are a wonderful group..Oh, and Baby doesn't mind "givin it up" as he would rather "tear it up":roflhard: "he" is just one of my two.."Lilly" is my other precious baby and she is a "keeper" too cloud9

mckane19020
04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
You can add me also to Snuggly Wuggly.

Ladybug Lady
04-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Please add me to the new acrylic snuggle.

Cheley - thanks for all the wonderful pics!! We LOVE pics!

cheley
04-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Please add me to the new acrylic snuggle.

Cheley - thanks for all the wonderful pics!! We LOVE pics! Your Welcome!!!!:hug:

Shandeh
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Yay! :woohoo:
You all are doing a WONDERFUL thing!
:heart: :muah: :heart:

When I finish up all my other Oddball projects, I'll help start some more snuggles for ya. :wink: Probably in the Fall.

Mulderknitter
04-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Her Higness cotton snuggle went off to Sgt Pam today to finish off! yay!:woohoo:
In my haste to get it in the mail, i accidentaly forgot to get delivery confirmation. It went priority mail though, so you should have it monday.

Mulderknitter
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I got Sweet Princess cotton snuggle from Spikey today!:muah: Thank you for the yarn it's soooo pretty!
ETA: Spunkit from Rav rec'd Woofer wubby today, and says thank you Jdee for the gift!

Spikey
04-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Glad you like it!

traceleighj
04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Mulderknitter now has grapevine.

Mulderknitter
04-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Sweet Princess is now done and ready for MishaRF if you are!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture299.jpg
She's soooo pretty!

misha rf
04-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Sure! Send it on!

Green Goblin & Snugglebug arrived yesterday. Thank you for the notepad!! I go through that stuff like water. :teehee:

cheley
04-06-2009, 08:27 AM
:hug: Hi Mulder!!!! Snuggly Wuggly just went out (conf#03031400000142550441) Monday:yay:

jdee
04-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Sure! Send it on!

Green Goblin & Snugglebug arrived yesterday. Thank you for the notepad!! I go through that stuff like water. :teehee:

You're welcome. :)

Mulderknitter
04-06-2009, 04:53 PM
MishaRF-the blanket will probably go out this Friday. Thank you for working on so many lately!
Here is a pic of finished Grapevine, ready to be donated with some others, Mulder was not very happy about modelling it for me last night:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture300.jpg

cheley
04-06-2009, 04:58 PM
MishaRF-the blanket will probably go out this Friday. Thank you for working on so many lately!
Here is a pic of finished Grapevine, ready to be donated with some others, Mulder was not very happy about modelling it for me last night:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture300.jpg Is Mulder having a "brewski"???? :roflhard: :roflhard:

sgtpam
04-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Her Higness cotton snuggle went off to Sgt Pam today to finish off! yay!:woohoo:
In my haste to get it in the mail, i accidentaly forgot to get delivery confirmation. It went priority mail though, so you should have it monday.

I got Her Highness today...delivery confirmed...:rofl:
Thanks for the lotion...funny, I had to stop at the store on my way home because one of the things they had a great $ale on was....you guessed it....yup Strawberries! So, yes, I like the smell:teehee:

I'm sending you a pm about the empty snuggle needles I have.

Mulderknitter
04-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Is Mulder having a "brewski"???? :roflhard: :roflhard:
Why yes, that is Mulder having a "brewski"! Mulder enjoys brewskies while being forced to have snuggle blankets placed on him for picture taking!

Shandeh
04-07-2009, 03:01 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

mckane19020
04-08-2009, 07:27 AM
You're welcome!!

cheley
04-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi Mulder..did ya rec "Snuggly Wuggly" yet??? Anyway.. I think my "Lilly" has found a "new" boyfriend.....
Whatcha think????
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3654/3423419843_8e752f0155.jpg

Mulderknitter
04-08-2009, 11:47 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
I'll have to show Mulder that when I get home, he's never had a girlfriend!
I haven't gotten Snuggly wuggly yet, maybe today when i get home?

cheley
04-08-2009, 11:53 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
I'll have to show Mulder that when I get home, he's never had a girlfriend!
I haven't gotten Snuggly wuggly yet, maybe today when i get home? Lilly only has a "brother" never a "boyfriend"....:muah:

Mulderknitter
04-08-2009, 05:22 PM
No Snuggly Wuggly today...:pout:

Mulderknitter
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Cheley, I still haven't rec'd Snuggly Wuggly, can we maybe do a tracking on it?
:shrug:

cheley
04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
[quote=Mulderknitter;1221605]Cheley, I still haven't rec'd Snuggly Wuggly, can we maybe do a tracking on it?
:shrug:[/quote Traced it online,,,left Minneapolis on April 9...Let me know if you rec today... ummm, don't know why it "left" Minn that's where you are?

Mulderknitter
04-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I wonder if there isn't a problem at my post office. someone else was sending me a blanket and rec'd it back today. I wonder if it's not being sent back to you by the post office. I don't understand. I've never had a problem getting packages before.
I will let you know if i get it.
So frustrating!:hair: :hair: :hair:

Mulderknitter
04-10-2009, 02:09 PM
I did get Snuggly Wuggly today!:woohoo:
Thank you for the pin and notepads! You did a great job starting the blanket!
I think it's because the zip code you had was 55422, and my zip code is 55411. Im sure that was my fault when I gave you my addy, so I am very sorry about that.
But it made it here!:woot:

cheley
04-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I did get Snuggly Wuggly today!:woohoo:
Thank you for the pin and notepads! You did a great job starting the blanket!
I think it's because the zip code you had was 55422, and my zip code is 55411. Im sure that was my fault when I gave you my addy, so I am very sorry about that.
But it made it here!:woot: Awesome, glad you got it...that pin was in a "bunch" of inherited stuff I got from a dear sweet friend...just a "small trinket" for all you have done for our "animal" friends...Count me in anytime (as the last one) to finish up any project:hug: PS did ya get the needle too????

Mulderknitter
04-10-2009, 05:18 PM
I did get the needle too, thank you!

misha rf
04-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Sweet Princess arrived today! It's so pretty! And thank you for the yarn! That stuff felts like a dream.

I've finished 2 of the 3 others that I've been working on. I'd like to send all 4 out at once (even if they're all going to different places). Hopefully, that will be by the end of this week.

Mulderknitter
04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi knitters!:waving:
Just thought I'd do a quick update
I have Snuggly Wuggly acrylic and will be done this week for McKane19020, then to Ladybug Lady, but we need 1 knitter to finish
SgtPam is working on finishing Bear hugs, Pretty Pets and Cuddlebug, and will be returning the needles to me to start some more blankets
MishaRF is working on Snugglebug, then to JDee to finish
MishaRF is working on Green Goblin, then to SgtPam to finish
Spunknit from Rav is working on Woofer wubby then to yarncharmer to finish.
On the cotton side,
SgtPam is working on finishing Her Higness, and is returning the needles to me to start more
MishaRF is working on finishing Sweet Princess
Marria has my Prince
MishaRF is working on Creature Comfort, then to Jdee, and we need 2 more knitters
I know we are getting on the low side of the blanket numbers, but when I get some of those needles, I will be casting on more. I also hesitate to cast on too many because we still need knitters on some, and I don't want to overwhelm the people that make themselves available for all of them. I do have a long list of knitters that have joined, but a lot of people have not been able to work with us for whatever reason for a while. Also, it's summer :clink: and not everyone is sitting in front of the tv on the weekends anymore knitting!
So, I'll get some started, and please let me know if you are available for any of the ones we have going, or if you want to be on more (specify if you prefer cotton or acrylic).
Thanks guys!:muah:

Mulderknitter
04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Awesome, glad you got it...that pin was in a "bunch" of inherited stuff I got from a dear sweet friend...just a "small trinket" for all you have done for our "animal" friends...Count me in anytime (as the last one) to finish up any project:hug: PS did ya get the needle too????
Would you mind being the one to finish Snuggly Wuggly acrylic?:knitting:

cheley
04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Would you mind being the one to finish Snuggly Wuggly acrylic?:knitting: Sure, no problem...:hug:

sgtpam
04-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Update
2 (empty) sets of needles: mailed to you Wednesday (wonder how long it takes from TX to you):???:
Ready to donate: Cuddlebug – Acrylic :yay:
Working on: Her Highness – Cotton and Pretty Pets – Acrylic:knitting:
I’ll post pictures before I donate them :cool:

Shandeh
04-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Y'all are doing wonderful work! :muah:

Mulderknitter
04-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey SgtPam! I got the needles and your gift today! Thank you soooooo much for the cute socks, I had such a poopy day, they really made me smile, I will wear them at work tomorrow so I can smile when someone gives me a hard time!:yay:

sgtpam
04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey SgtPam! I got the needles and your gift today! Thank you soooooo much for the cute socks, I had such a poopy day, they really made me smile, I will wear them at work tomorrow so I can smile when someone gives me a hard time!:yay:

Oh good...I knew you'd like them (even though I didn't knit them myself...:rofl: )

misha rf
04-15-2009, 09:59 PM
OK, since I'm the last one for Sweet Princess, I can go ahead & send out the others. :teehee:

If I'm reading correctly, sgtpam gets Green Goblin, and I have her addy.

Snugglebug and Creature Comfort are supposed to go to jdee, but I don't have her addy. Or, at least, I can't find it if I did have it. So, would one of you please send me the addy? Thanks!

misha rf
04-15-2009, 10:07 PM
OK, disregard that addy request. I still have the box that jdee used to send me another snuggle, and her addy is on there. Glad I went down to the basement to look!!

spanky51
04-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm ready to start knitting again, so wherever you need me is fine.

Mulderknitter
04-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I started "Pink Panther" last night, so I'll get you on after me Spanky!
I'll try to take a pic if I remember, anyone else want to knit on with us? It's in pinks so far....:roflhard:

yarncharmer
04-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I'll join on Pink Panther! I just happen to have some lovely *shocking* pink right here! Was wondering what in the world I was going to do with it....

Mulderknitter
04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I'll join on Pink Panther! I just happen to have some lovely *shocking* pink right here! Was wondering what in the world I was going to do with it....
:roflhard: That's how this one came about, what to do with acrylic pink yarn!

Mulderknitter
04-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Here is a pic of the start of Pink Panther:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture304.jpg

yarncharmer
04-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I like it!!

Mulderknitter
04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Snuggly Wuggly went out to McKane19020 and Pink Panther went out to Spanky51 today!:woohoo:

jdee
04-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I just recieved Green Goblin, and Snugglebug today, and I want to thank you for the yarn.
I'm a little confused about Green Goblin, because I've already worked on it. I don't mind a bit knitting some more on it, but I don't want to take away someone else's turn. Just let me know what to do. I'm fine either way.

Mulderknitter
04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
If I'm reading correctly, sgtpam gets Green Goblin, and I have her addy.
Snugglebug and Creature Comfort are supposed to go to jdee, but I don't have her addy. Or, at least, I can't find it if I did have it. So, would one of you please send me the addy? Thanks!
JDee, I think you were supposed to get Creature Comfort insted of Green Goblin. I wonder if SgtPam got Creature Comfort?
The only difference is that Creature Comfort is to be done in cottons, and green goblin in acrylic. I guess we'll see if SgtPam got Creature Comfort and can work on the cotton part. :??

sgtpam
04-20-2009, 08:26 PM
JDee, I think you were supposed to get Creature Comfort insted of Green Goblin. I wonder if SgtPam got Creature Comfort?
The only difference is that Creature Comfort is to be done in cottons, and green goblin in acrylic. I guess we'll see if SgtPam got Creature Comfort and can work on the cotton part. :??

Oh good...I thought I lost track of "who's on first":rofl:

Yes, I did (get Creature Comfort) and Yes, I can (work the cotton one)... I'll save my green acrylic for another time;) if JD wants to go ahead with Green Goblin.

But, I already put my hands on the yummy yarn in the box...hope JD wasn't looking for it...possession may only be 9/10ths of the law...but, it's my 9/10ths:roflhard: so....I licked it....now nobody wants it but me.........:roflhard: :roflhard:

I've never seen that yarn before...it's soft. I think that it wants to start off with fingerless gloves and see what happens.:woohoo:

Mulderknitter
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh my gosh Sgtpam you made me laugh! Maybe send a pic of the yarn and you and JDee can fight it out!
I'm glad you don't mind working the cotton. Stuff happens and I'm sure it was just an accident, no biggee.
So for our swicherooney I have:
JDee working on the finishes of Snugglebug and GreenGoblin
SgtPam working on Creature Comfort
JDee: I wonder if because I still need 2 knitters on Creature comfort you would't mind being after Sgtpam? Maybe she'll pass on some of that yarn that is 9/10ths hers?

Ladybug Lady
04-21-2009, 10:56 AM
...possession may only be 9/10ths of the law...but, it's my 9/10ths:roflhard: so....I licked it....now nobody wants it but me.........:roflhard: :roflhard:

I don't think I've ever snorted that much over a knitting post!

Thanks for the laugh!!!!

jdee
04-21-2009, 01:18 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: SgtPam, you're hilarious. You can keep the yarn you've licked. :roflhard: I don't mind finishing Green Goblin.

Yes, Muldarknitter, you can add me on Creature Comfort, and if you need another on Pink Panther, you can add me there, too.

Shandeh
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the laugh, you guys! :roflhard:

sgtpam
04-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey…it works every time! Try it at work next time there’s only one piece of chocolate cake left and you’ll see! :wink:

Always good to have a good laugh with friends.:grphug:

Soooooo…I’ll send Creature Comfort to JDee when I’m done with it (and I will remember how kind you were to let me keep your 1/10th of my yarn):think:

misha rf
04-21-2009, 09:55 PM
CRAP!!! I'm sorry!!! I guess I don't multitask as well as I thought I did. :doh: Perhaps I shouldn't do multiple packages right before bed...

Well, at least they've all arrived, even if they didn't necessarily get to the place they were supposed to. :blush: (Why yes, that is egg on my face!)

In other news, I've finished...um....the pink one. Yeah. I haven't woven the ends in yet. Will take a pic when that's done. And since I have the needles and a bunch of cotton, I've taken the liberty of starting another one. I'm calling it Cat Nap.

Sorry again about the mix-up!!

Mulderknitter
04-22-2009, 08:14 AM
No problem Misha! Glad to hear you finished the "pink one"! And thank you for casting on for cat nap!
At least your small goof provided a few days of humor, which we all seem to have needed, :woohoo:

spanky51
04-22-2009, 02:01 PM
I just got Pink Panther in the mail today and will get started on it right away.:knitting: Also thanks for the body butter. Sending a personal note through snail mail

misha rf
04-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm done with Cat Nap. Who would like it next?

Mulderknitter
04-24-2009, 09:01 AM
You can send it to me, i haven't gotten any takers yet. Do you need my address or do you have it?

misha rf
04-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I should have it somewhere, but go ahead & send it to me anyway, just in case. I'm not trusting my brain these days. Though, this time it's only ONE blanket, so I shouldn't screw that up!! :rofl:

mckane19020
04-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi,

You can add me anywhere you need a knitter on the acryllic!

sgtpam
04-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, at least they've all arrived, even if they didn't necessarily get to the place they were supposed to. ...Sorry again about the mix-up!!

I think they got exactly were they were supposed to!:hug: I got the yummy yarn...JDee got to finish and donate an extra snuggy...I got to work on an extra snuggy (that needed one more knitter)...and we all got to know each other a little bit better! :grphug:
Admit it...you did it on purpose:teehee:

On that note...Creature Comfort is ready to go.

Mulderknitter
04-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi,

You can add me anywhere you need a knitter on the acryllic!
Thanks! I put you on as the last knitter on Pink Panther!:muah:
SgtPam i've pm'd jdee, i'll let you know when she gets back to me!

spanky51
04-25-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm done with Pink Panther - just need to know who's next?:knitting:

sgtpam
04-27-2009, 09:31 PM
JDee...Creature Comfort went to you today. Enjoy!:knitting:

Shandeh
04-28-2009, 12:58 PM
You guys are doing wonderful work! :muah:
I wonder how many snuggles have been made so far?

Mulderknitter
04-28-2009, 04:54 PM
You guys are doing wonderful work! :muah:
I wonder how many snuggles have been made so far?
By my count we are at 14 completed and 9 in progress!:woohoo:
Way to go knitters!:woot:

Shandeh
04-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Woo Hoo! :cheering:

spanky51
04-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Just mailed off Pink Panther to Robyn. Should be there in a few days.:woot:

jdee
04-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Creature Comfort arrived today. Thank you so much, SgtPam, for the magnets and the sock with kitties on them. I just love those.

:cry: I also wanted to let ya'll know that Monday, April 27th, my father passed away. We scheduled the services for Friday, so all my brothers and sisters, and other out-of-town family would have time to get here. As a result I've very busy, and have fallen behind on lots of my oddball knitting. I'll get to work on it probably next week, and hopefully, I'll catch up, but if my turn comes up, I may have to switch places with someone.

Mulderknitter
04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss Jennifer.
Don't worry about the blankets, we'll figure it out if we need to.
:grphug:

Mulderknitter
04-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Misha! I got your package today! :woohoo: Thank you for the yarn! It is the best colors, my favorite blues! And since it's made from corn I can lick it!:roflhard: I just love those cards you send too, I keep them out!
We still have 1 spot on Creature comfort cotton open, and 3 spots on Cat Nap cotton open.
Any takers??:muah:

yarncharmer
04-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I will try Creature Comfort. You know, I hesitated to try a cotton one because I tried to knit something with Sugar and Cream, with too-small needles, and it hurt my wrist - it ached for days.

But now I'm knitting something else with nicer cotton on appropriately sized needles, and I really don't mind it at all! And it doesn't hurt!! Yay!

Mulderknitter
04-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks Yarncharmer! You will be on right after JDee, who just got it! and you will get to finish and donate it too!:woohoo:

misha rf
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Misha! I got your package today! :woohoo: Thank you for the yarn! It is the best colors, my favorite blues! And since it's made from corn I can lick it!:roflhard: I just love those cards you send too, I keep them out!
We still have 1 spot on Creature comfort cotton open, and 3 spots on Cat Nap cotton open.
Any takers??:muah:

Yay!! Glad it got there, and that you like the yarn!! :cheering:

I totally forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it to you, though. I meant to. Thought about it. But that thought didn't make it from my brain to the camera.

I do have pictures of Sweet Princess on my Flickr account. If you want, I can add you to my contacts and you can download 'em. (I did that with the SE Oddball Blanket group, too.)

yarncharmer
05-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Pink Panther is here! Wow, that was really fast! I love the colors so far (good thing I like pink :roflhard: )

Thank you Spanky for the bag -- I'm trying to eliminate using any plastic bags, especially after I learned that there is an island of plastic around a mile in circumference floating in the middle of the ocean -- horrible! And I love the bath confetti, too -- thanks!! :hug:

On another note, Woofer Wubby still hasn't arrived. Has it been sent yet? I just want to make sure it isn't lost...

Mulderknitter
05-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Woofer Wubby just went out on friday. She had a hard time getting out during the week. Sorry for the delay!

jdee
05-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm thinking of an idea for getting rid of scraps. I have two snuggles that I will be completing, and I'll use the needles to start new ones. What if I started one of the new snuggles, by buying enough of one color (maybe white or off white) to make a blanket. Then each of us will use one strand of that color held together with a strand of any scraps of yarn, we're trying to use up? Does that make sense? I was thinking we could name it after Scooby's cousin, Scrappy.:teehee:
Anyway, the upside is that we could use up our little scraps that aren't big enough to make anything, but we somehow can't bring ourselves to throw them away. The downside is that there will be a lot of weaving ends, so if nobody is interested, I would understand, and just start both snuggles in the usual manner.

Mulderknitter
05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Sounds great to me! I have a ton of 5 - 10 yard scraps that have no use other than taking up space! Did you want to start these with acylic or cotton? Your choice, you lead!
Does anyone else want to be in? Go ahead and let us know!
Thanks for the initiative JDee, I sure do appreciate it!:woot:

sgtpam
05-02-2009, 06:17 PM
How fun...This could be really interesting looking...I'm in; should be a (odd)ball!:roflhard:

jdee
05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Did you want to start these with acylic or cotton? Your choice, you lead!

Actually, I have lots of scraps of each, so I'm game for either.

yarncharmer
05-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Mulderknitter, it's ok - I really wasn't in any hurry to get it, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't MIA.

jdee
05-02-2009, 10:51 PM
After looking through my scraps, I found that I have more acrylic than cotton scraps, so the Scrappy Doo blanket will be acrylic.

Shandeh
05-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Since you are all pet-lovers, I thought I'd share this story with you....

My sister lives in California and is a MAJOR dog lover. She has rescued a few dogs, and has been keeping four dogs at her house.

Well, our parents have been taking care of my son's little hyper dog for the past year, and he has just been too much for them. (They are both retired and our step-dad has lots of health issues.)

So, my sister offered to take him across the country to live at her house. :)

This past week, she came to visit, and got Oreo ready to travel. He rode in the plane with her in a little travel carrier. And now he's happy in California.

Here are photos if you want to see them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59192167@N00/sets/72157617580090728/

By the way, he's the little dog in the Oddball Pet Snuggles button. :wink:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2858848476_eb76a5716d_m.jpg

Ladybug Lady
05-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Count me in on the acrylic Scrappy-Doo! Do you think it would help if each knitter wove in some of the ends as they work, just to keep the finishing from being overwhelming?

This is a GREAT idea!

Mulderknitter
05-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Count me in on the acrylic Scrappy-Doo! Do you think it would help if each knitter wove in some of the ends as they work, just to keep the finishing from being overwhelming?

This is a GREAT idea!
Absolutely weave in the ends as it goes if you can! Some people already do on some, so if you want to go ahead!

jdee
05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Do you think it would help if each knitter wove in some of the ends as they work, just to keep the finishing from being overwhelming?

This is a GREAT idea!
This is what I'm going to do. Thank you.

jdee
05-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Shandeh, thank you for sharing that story. It's always great to see a happy ending for a cute pet. The other dogs seem to have accepted the newcomer. God bless you sister and her big heart.:muah:

Shandeh
05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Thank you, jdee! :hug:
I couldn't take him myself, because I'm allergic to all furry animals. I'm so glad my sister is able to keep him.

Mulderknitter
05-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Cat Nap cotton blanket is ready for the next knitter, but we still have 3 open spots:pout: Any takers?

Secksiebrat
05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I wanted to let everyone know I received a letter from Best Friends Sanctuary in Utah about the two pet snuggles I sent to them. Forever Friends and Hugs N Snugs were the ones that I sent. One was an acrylic blanket and the other a cotton. I also sent a parrot sweater that I had knitted as well.

I will try to scan and post the letter in the next couple of days. My scanner is not compatiable with Vista (how nice is that) so I have to set it up on another computer!

I just wanted to let ya'll know they were very appreciative and happy to receive our gifts! Thank you very much for all the hard work!

~danielle~

Secksiebrat
05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I can knit on Cat Nap if you need me to. Forgive me, as I've been out of the loop is it a cotton or acrylic blanket and do we have any color theme!

Thanks!

~danielle~

Mulderknitter
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
I can knit on Cat Nap if you need me to. Forgive me, as I've been out of the loop is it a cotton or acrylic blanket and do we have any color theme!

Thanks!

~danielle~
Cat Nap is cotton, and so far it is in blues and greens. I will put you on the list! Thanks!:muah:

jdee
05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Am I on Cat Nap? If not, you can add me.

jdee
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I just finished Green Goblin, and I'm getting ready to start Scrappy-Doo. I found one and a half skeins of Caron SS in the color, bone. Will this be enough for one of our strands throughout the whole snuggle, or should I buy another one to be on the safe side?

Also, I wanted to post a picture of Green Goblin. I'm going to check with out local shelter to see if they need them, and I'll let you know.

yarncharmer
05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Woofer Wubby arrived today! It looks great.

Green Goblin is gorgeous!

jdee
05-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I just finished my part of Scrappy-Doo, and I'm very happy with how it's taking shape. It's like it's so ugly that it's pretty (if that makes any sense). So Muldar, PM me when you're ready...:muah: