PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles - Cotton or Acrylic Yarn

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

yarncharmer
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Carol, I think that's great that you have a local group that wants to make the snuggles!! Are you going to do them oddball style, with different people doing each section? Or are you all just working on them together with each person doing their own? I like doing the oddball ones, because it's really fun to see the color combinations at the end. The ones we do here are all garter stitch, with two strands of worsted held doubled. This makes a nice cushy snuggle. I know the snuggle website has patterns for other stitch patterns but I haven't used any of them.

The animals at your local shelter are lucky to have your group knitting and crocheting for them! Let us know how it works out.

chj
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Yarncharmer - thanks! Yes, we were thinking of doing them the oddball way, having one knit and one crochet snuggle going at a given time (so we could work on other projects at the same time). If you use 2 strands, what size needles do you use? 10.5 or something?

I did pull some patterns from the snuggle site. I like playing around with different stitches, so trying some of them would give me a chance to do that. I have done Project Linus blankets for the past few years, and I use them to try out different patterns and different types of yarn. :wink:

Mulderknitter
08-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Patches is ready to get mailed out, who's next?
I pm'd the next knitter!

Mulderknitter
08-27-2009, 06:58 PM
We use size 10 or so needles, and Yarncharmer is right, the double stranded knitting is nice and cushy. Kudos to you for starting a group!

melmac51
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Pet Snuggle people!! Please tell me if I'm out of line to post this question here... I meet weekly with a knitting group here in my neighborhood. Today they were all lamenting about their large stashes of leftover yarn, and being an animal lover, I have always liked the idea of making snuggles. I'm thinking of doing it with my group (I told them about it, and they thought it would be fun) but we would do it locally and work directly with the local shelter (rather than mailing with all of you). I did read the "rules" on the Snuggles Project page, and I intend to join and donate and report to them what we make, so that they get credit for what we do. Is there anything else I should think of?

OK so far? My main question for you all is, what are your favorite patterns, both knit and crochet? We have knitters and crocheters in our group.

Anyway, I think that what you all are doing is great, and I'm sure all the critters appreciate it too. :hug:

Thanks!
Carol

Thanks for starting a new branch of this group! I'd recommend for the crocheters either simple rows of single crochet until it's long enough, or maybe rows of half double crochets in back loops only until it's long enough. Really, any stitch would do, as long as it's not too open. Good luck getting started!! :cheering: :yay: :cheering:

Vertigo1414
08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Superman arrived today safe and sound.
Also I got this letter from Cape Ann Animal Aid:
Dear Oddball Pet Snuggle Knitters,
Thank you so much for your generous gift of 2 animal blankets, received on August 22, 2009. It is through the support of businesses and individuals like you that we at Cape Ann Animal Aid are able to continue our work of rescuing, caring for and providing shelter for homeless pets as well as educating pet owners and the general public on humane issues and pet care.
We greatly appreciate your support and hope you continue working with our shelter in the future.
Sincerely, Brenda Brancaleone Assistant Manager,CAAA

chj
08-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! And it's nice to hear that your snuggles are appreciated. :yay: I visited the local shelter the other day, just to make sure they could use them if we made them, and the staff people were very encouraging. I looked through the cat area, and they had cages of all sizes, and they will take whatever we might make. I even saw 2 handmade little blankets in the cages, one was knit and one crocheted.

I went ahead and took a bunch of my leftovers and threw together a snuggle to show my group, so they would have an idea about what they might look like. It's hard to tell, but it turned out about 25' wide by about 19" long. The funny thing is that I started out with a double strand of Red Heart + Vanna, and ended up with 2 strands of Caron, and it was about an inch narrower at the Caron end. Oh well. (I stretched it in the picture, so you can't really tell.) The nice thing is that I'm sure the kitties could care less. >^..^<

sgtpam
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Patches is ready to get mailed out, who's next?

I got Patches today, I love the bright colors...thanks for the "stickies". What did we ever do without them:teehee:

jdee
09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Chj, your snuggle is so pretty. I've found Caron to be thinner than other worsted yarns, so normally, I pair it with another yarn. But I don't think you should worry about it, because the animals won't mind.

I'm so glad your shelter is working with you. I've been sending mine to a shelter in Keller, Tx, because my local shelter had never heard of the pet snuggle project, and didn't seem all that interested, either.

Keep up the good work.

chj
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
jdee - thanks for the feedback. My shelter never heard of the "snuggle project" either, but when I explained what I was talking about, they were enthusiastic. It also helped that they already had the same sort of thing already sitting in the cages...

If your local shelter doesn't seem interested, I'm glad you found one that wants your snuggles. I had thought that if I couldn't explain it well, I might just wait until I had one made up & take it in, but I didn't have to do that.

Yes, about Caron. It definitely is thinner, but I do use it a lot for blankets because I like how soft it is. I agree with you, to pair it with a regular worsted weight. My outcome wasn't as bad as it might have been because I went from 2 worsteds to 1 worsted+1Caron and then ended up with 2 Carons, so I eased into it.

BTW - the rest of you have done a fabulous job with your snuggles! It's so much fun to see how you have worked together!! :yay:

Mulderknitter
09-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I am leaving friday and will be out of town until monday. Going to see my Mom for her 50th bday!:muah:

melmac51
09-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Have a wonderful time! Give my best wishes to your mom. Tell her that the 50's are fun!

chj
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey - I had to share this. I was in Michael's today, and I hit the mother lode!! They had some Red Heart yarn (the big 7 oz skeins)on close out for 97 cents!!! Woo hoo! I bought 12 skeins. The kitties in our local shelter are going to be seeing lots of pink & purple snuggles in the future!! :woohoo:

Shandeh
09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Congrats on the yarn haul, chj! :woohoo:

Enjoy your trip, Mulderknitter. :hug:

sgtpam
09-05-2009, 09:35 PM
I got Patches today, I love the bright colors...thanks for the "stickies". What did we ever do without them:teehee:

Patches is about ready....who's next?:knitting:

Mulderknitter
09-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Glowyone from Rav is done with Peachy, but I haven't been able to get a response from Knittingupnorth for the next part. Does anyone want to step in?
I am pm'ing the next knitter for Patches too!
:muah:

cricket22
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Glowyone from Rav is done with Peachy, but I haven't been able to get a response from Knittingupnorth for the next part. Does anyone want to step in?
I am pm'ing the next knitter for Patches too!
I would happy to step in on Peachy if you are still in need of a knitter.

Mulderknitter
09-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Cricket, I've got you getting Peachy next! Thanks for stepping in!
Vertigo, we'll just keep you on the one's you are on since your busy with vacation & other fun stuff!:muah:

Vertigo1414
09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Cricket, I've got you getting Peachy next! Thanks for stepping in!
Vertigo, we'll just keep you on the one's you are on since your busy with vacation & other fun stuff!:muah:
fine by me. i've joined 2 knitting competitions on ravelry so i've been knitting up a storm, but i'm off this week so i should get a lot done

jdee
09-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I got patches today. Thanks, SgtPam, for the journal. It's the perfect size and shape for writing out lists. :muah:

sakura-panda
09-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Just popping in to say hi! :) I was thinking about you guys the other day -- we were looking at the cats up for adoption at PetsMart and all of the cages had crocheted blankets in them!

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

It was so cool to see them, even though I know they weren't from our group, but it still gave me a warm fuzzies to see the them all.

melmac51
09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Hello All!

I'm finished "Chicken Little", and almost there on "Kitten Kaboodle". I need an address for the next knitter(s). Thanks!

Mulderknitter
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I've pm'd the next knitters for Patches, Kitten Caboodle and Chicken little!
I also have one ready to go into the mix, Red Rover, in all reds!
Let me know if you want to be on Red rover!
Also, I am out of needles, but I know there are quite a few out there. Does anyone have any to start a blanket or can send them to me to start one?

jdee
09-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd like to knit on Red Rover. I don't have any needles from the Pet Snuggle Project, but I'll look through my needles and see if I have a spare set of 10 or 10.5's. I've been toying with the idea of a double moss stitch snuggle. Would anyone be interested? If not, I'll just start a regular one. It's fine with me either way.

sgtpam
09-15-2009, 07:09 PM
:muah: Also, I am out of needles, but I know there are quite a few out there. Does anyone have any to start a blanket or can send them to me to start one?

Timing is everything. I actually started one on one of the empty needles and it's ready to go, too. I can send the other 3 to you tomorrow.....:hiding: :oops: ..or, if you want the one I started, I'll send them with the scappy I have. I did it with blue and an off-white...and I thought I'd send the rest of the off-white skein with the snuggle like we did with the first scrappy.

What do you think?

yarncharmer
09-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I've started Rainbow Brite, but I'm not done with my section yet. I'll try to get it done soon though. I also have 2 empty needles; should I send them to you or someone else who wants to start one? If so, I just need to know where to send them. I'm sorry I don't have more time to start some right now, but I barely have time to knit right now, and the list of things I want to get done before Christmas is long...

sgtpam
09-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I'd like to knit on Red Rover. I don't have any needles from the Pet Snuggle Project, but I'll look through my needles and see if I have a spare set of 10 or 10.5's. I've been toying with the idea of a double moss stitch snuggle. Would anyone be interested? If not, I'll just start a regular one. It's fine with me either way.

I haven't tried that stitch...but, I'm game! If you want to be the 2d knitter on the blue one I started...I can send one of the empty snuggle needles that I have to you with it......or, I can just mail you the needes to start a double moss snuggle.....I can take Red Rover before or after you:knitting:

jdee
09-15-2009, 09:47 PM
I can knit on the blue snuggle. That's sounds like a good idea.

sgtpam
09-15-2009, 10:43 PM

I can knit on the blue snuggle. That's sounds like a good idea.

I put it in the car... I'll get it to the PO before the weekend.

Shandeh
09-16-2009, 05:38 AM
Also, I am out of needles, but I know there are quite a few out there.
Let me know if you need more, after hearing back from the knitters in your group. I've found some CHEAP circulars at Hobby Lobby. They are acrylic! :thumbsup:

They are made by Hobby Lobby, and sell for $2.49 each!
http://www.craftsetc.com/store/item.aspx?dep=20&cat=51&subcat=20&IsOnSale=0&IsFeatured=0&IsNew=0&ItemId=115689

Mulderknitter
09-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Let me know if you need more, after hearing back from the knitters in your group. I've found some CHEAP circulars at Hobby Lobby. They are acrylic! :thumbsup:

They are made by Hobby Lobby, and sell for $2.49 each!
http://www.craftsetc.com/store/item.aspx?dep=20&cat=51&subcat=20&IsOnSale=0&IsFeatured=0&IsNew=0&ItemId=115689
Wow Sandy! What a deal! We don't have hobby lobby in MN!

Mulderknitter
09-16-2009, 05:17 PM
:knitting: Sooo..... From the thread of responses, I have gleaned the following information:
we have 3 new blankets:

Red Rover:
Mulderknitter
JDee
SgtPam
needs 1 knitter

JDee's blanket:
JDee
SgtPam
needs 2 knitters

SgtPam's blanket:
SgtPam
Jdee
needs 2 knitters

Also, SgtPam and Yarncharmer have needles to send to me and/or JDee for blankets. I will pm you both with my address!
Does that sum it up?:roflhard:

ETA: the blog hasn't been updated in a while, Vertigo understandably got very busy back in school and I just haven't had the time. If anyone is interested in taking the spot of blogger, let me know

sgtpam
09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
:knitting: Sooo..... From the thread of responses, I have gleaned the following information:
we have 3 new blankets:

Also, SgtPam and Yarncharmer have needles to send to me and/or JDee for blankets. I will pm you both with my address!
Does that sum it up?:roflhard:

ETA: the blog hasn't been updated in a while, Vertigo understandably got very busy back in school and I just haven't had the time. If anyone is interested in taking the spot of blogger, let me know

Looks good to me! And I'll get the needles in the mail to you when I get to the P.O. this week:hug:

jdee
09-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Mulder, you can call my blanket "mossy" since its going to be moss stitch. I'll include the directions in case someone needs them.

cricket22
09-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Peachy arrived safe and sound yesterday. Can't wait to get started!

melmac51
09-17-2009, 04:46 PM
You can send me one if you'd like. Just a note though, I have no idea how to do the "double moss" stitch. I can crochet the "moss stitch", but have never tried to knit it. Send whichever you want.

Mulderknitter
09-17-2009, 05:25 PM
You can send me one if you'd like. Just a note though, I have no idea how to do the "double moss" stitch. I can crochet the "moss stitch", but have never tried to knit it. Send whichever you want.
I put you on the one that SgtPam is starting then. Thanks for helping out!

I know I had said that we would go back to the 5 knitters at the end of August or so, but I still don't see enough people to do that quite yet. What do you all think?

jdee
09-17-2009, 05:43 PM
I just sent Patches off today. :thumbsup:

sgtpam
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I put you on the one that SgtPam is starting then. Thanks for helping out!

I know I had said that we would go back to the 5 knitters at the end of August or so, but I still don't see enough people to do that quite yet. What do you all think?

I agree; we should probably keep it at 4...until we start hearing from our the rest of our "vacationers":teehee:

cheley
09-17-2009, 10:51 PM
I've pm'd the next knitters for Patches, Kitten Caboodle and Chicken little!
I also have one ready to go into the mix, Red Rover, in all reds!
Let me know if you want to be on Red rover!
Also, I am out of needles, but I know there are quite a few out there. Does anyone have any to start a blanket or can send them to me to start one?:oops: Hi guys...sorry:muah: been working very slowly on Scrappy Do (been out with a boo boo finger) just a few more rows to go and Mulder's needle will be back to her...:wink:

cricket22
09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Peachy is ready for the next knitter!

jdee
09-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Well, I finished my part of Blue Skies, and I'm ready to start Mossy, but I've decided to just make it a regular garter stitch snuggle using greens. So if anyone needs to use up some green yarn....

Mulderknitter
09-23-2009, 08:03 AM
ooh greens! haven't done one of those yet!

Vertigo1414
09-24-2009, 09:47 AM
just wanted to pop in and say hi, i'm still alive. i have Superman and am working on it, I'm about half way there. Is anyone doing a donationg soon that I could send Superman?

sgtpam
09-24-2009, 07:19 PM
just wanted to pop in and say hi, i'm still alive. i have Superman and am working on it, I'm about half way there. Is anyone doing a donationg soon that I could send Superman?

I can do it.

Vertigo1414
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM
I can do it.

cool, i'll let you know once i send it to you, i still have to finish it

yarncharmer
09-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Rainbow Brite is ready for the :happydance: next knitter! Yippee!!

yarncharmer
09-25-2009, 12:42 PM
And in other news, the mailman just brought Peachy to my door! It's really pretty! And I'm happy it arrived before I left to go to Joann's -- now I can pick out yarn for my section :cool:

Thanks, Cricket22, for the bookmark! I like it a lot :thumbsup: :heart:

Mulderknitter
09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
I pm'd ya the next knitters info for Rainbow Brite!

cheley
10-01-2009, 07:09 AM
A little off the wall here (due to not being able to sleep)..anyway all of us here knit our hearts out for pet charities, I myself have such a dilemma...during the spring, a local (from the "barn" across the street) female cat decided to "give" birth to 5 kittys in my garage...o.k., problem "was" I didn't "socialize" with them (couldn't find them she kept moving them) for many many weeks..when I did they were "wild"..after many calls to various groups (APL, stray groups, etc) NO ONE WOULD TAKE THEM because they were considered feral..I socialized two, after many many hours of hand feeding etc...and was able to capture and give (with a hefty donation and alot of begging) to the APL...yesterday morning "mom" gave birth once again in my garage,(yes I know I should of captured her and had her spayed, yea right, how?) mind you 3 of here first litter was still here (all males)..so, I hijacked them in a carrier (only one scratch on my hand) and took em up the road to another farm(my last resort)..I guess to be mousers? anyway guess what? One CAME BACK LAST NIGHT :waah: Bottom Line all groups are totally overloaded with cats....and now these new guys are once again my responsibility (according to the neighbors who also feed her).....I have two indoor cats...OMG

Mulderknitter
10-01-2009, 08:23 AM
oh jeez, Cheley! You were just trying to do the right thing and now this! Besides adopting those kitties, let us know if there is anything we can help with!

cheley
10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
oh jeez, Cheley! You were just trying to do the right thing and now this! Besides adopting those kitties, let us know if there is anything we can help with! Aww, thanks Mulder...this is the first time (since we've lived here over 20 years) that we have this situation...I do live (kinda) in the country and usually all the "barn guys" stay away...This mom is just one of the unlucky ones that someone dropped off years ago, all she knows how to do is have babies!!!!!! I look across the street and see her adult children with babies.... It's just this area/economy that drives me nuts....no organizations can help, they are no kill places and they are just over populated....YOU CAN ADOPT ME...PLEASE?:hug:

Mulderknitter
10-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Red Rover went out to JDee today, finally!

sgtpam
10-03-2009, 06:46 PM
And I got Mossy today :cheering: :knitting:

Mulderknitter
10-03-2009, 07:20 PM
And I got Mossy today :cheering: :knitting:
I got the needles yesterday, thank you!:muah:

jdee
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I got Red Rover today. THank you for the beautiful sock yarn.:muah:

Mulderknitter
10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
I got the needles today Yarncharmer, thanks! I now have 4 sets of needles, so I'm not feeling so lost anymore!

sgtpam
10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
I got the needles today Yarncharmer, thanks! I now have 4 sets of needles, so I'm not feeling so lost anymore!

Oh, good...'cause we don't want you to be lost :hug: :teehee:

Mulderknitter
10-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh, good...'cause we don't want you to be lost :hug: :teehee:
It really doesn't take much to make me feel lost these days... Gotta hang onto something!:roflhard:

Vertigo1414
10-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Got Rainbow Brite yesterday, it's going on the ever growing pile of knitting that needs to get done

jdee
10-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Red Rover is ready, and looking pretty nice if I do say so myself. It seems to have the Merlin and Max seal of approval.:teehee:

melmac51
10-08-2009, 04:22 PM
At last, at last, they're on their way to Katy. Sorry I took so long. Sometimes life gets in the way.

Working on blue skies, and it will go out sooner than they did.

:grphug:

Vertigo1414
10-08-2009, 07:50 PM
after some personal butt kicking Superman is finally done. The plan is still to mail it to StgPam for donation right?
On a side note who's after me on Rainbow Brite? If it's Pam i'll hold on and mail everything at once. And where shoud I send the needles from Superman?

yarncharmer
10-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I've always wondered what the point of these random, initial posts by obvious strangers might be. Is it just to get us to click the links in their signature lines? Do they really get enough traffic from this to make it worth their while? And do the moderators of this thread get to remove them? just wonderin.....

Mulderknitter
10-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I've always wondered what the point of these random, initial posts by obvious strangers might be. Is it just to get us to click the links in their signature lines? Do they really get enough traffic from this to make it worth their while? And do the moderators of this thread get to remove them? just wonderin.....
I really don't know, I'm not a mod, but I know Sandy visits often, and if she doesn't remove today I'll pm her.

Mulderknitter
10-09-2009, 09:44 AM
after some personal butt kicking Superman is finally done. The plan is still to mail it to StgPam for donation right?
On a side note who's after me on Rainbow Brite? If it's Pam i'll hold on and mail everything at once. And where shoud I send the needles from Superman?
I have JDee next on Rainbow Brite, is it ok to send on to you JDee?
I also have SgtPam donating Superman.
You can send the needles back to me, let me know if you need me to pm you my addy.
Thanks Vertigo!:woohoo:

Shandeh
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I really don't know, I'm not a mod, but I know Sandy visits often, and if she doesn't remove today I'll pm her.
I took care of it. We get those weird spammers all the time in the forum.

If you see another post like that, click the "REPORT" button under their name, and ALL of the moderators will get notified immediately. That way, the post AND the spammer will be deleted right away. :thumbsup:

melmac51
10-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I have no idea what in the world y'all are talking about, but thanks for taking care of it! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I have no idea what in the world y'all are talking about, but thanks for taking care of it! :thumbsup:
It was a spammer post that was here in this discussion thread earlier. I removed it and banned the spammer. :thumbsup:

Vertigo1414
10-09-2009, 02:23 PM
it's not ready yet, i just wanted to check. i'll let her know when it is. i think i still have addresses...
I have JDee next on Rainbow Brite, is it ok to send on to you JDee?
I also have SgtPam donating Superman.
You can send the needles back to me, let me know if you need me to pm you my addy.
Thanks Vertigo!:woohoo:

cricket22
10-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Chicken Little and Kitten Caboodle arrived today. Thanks for Tote looking forward to bedazzling it!

chj
10-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi all - I have knitted my biggest scraps, and worked with some of my 97 cent sale yarn, and turned these 4 snuggies in to my local shelter last week. They seemed really happy to get them!!

Mulderknitter
10-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Those look great! Good job!:muah:

jdee
10-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Very nice work. :thumbsup:

melmac51
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Nice job!

cricket22
10-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Kitten Caboodle and Chicken Little are finished. I will be dropping them off tomorrow at the Buddy Foundation, a no kill animal shelter. I will work on geteing pictures up.

Mulderknitter
10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey guys! Does anyone besides me have any fun fur? Why do I have so much fun fur? I never use fun fur!:roflhard:
I'm going to start a furry blanket this weekend, anyone else want to destash some?:muah:

cricket22
10-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Hey guys! Does anyone besides me have any fun fur? Why do I have so much fun fur? I never use fun fur!:roflhard:
I'm going to start a furry blanket this weekend, anyone else want to destash some?:muah:

Count me in I have a bag full of the stuff!

Vertigo1414
10-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Just wanted to check in and let you guys know due to the head cold from hell (i think the doctor's lieing...this bites) i didn't make it to the post office this week, hopefully i can wednesday if i'm off from work

cricket22
10-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Cat tested doggie approved

Shandeh
10-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Nice snuggles! :inlove:

chj
10-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Katy - love the models!! Those snuggles look really nice, great job, y'all!

melmac51
10-20-2009, 10:49 AM
It's nice to see the finished products!

melmac51
10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Just wanted to check in and let you guys know due to the head cold from hell (i think the doctor's lieing...this bites) i didn't make it to the post office this week, hopefully i can wednesday if i'm off from work

Candace, hope you feel better soon! :muah:

sgtpam
10-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Red Rover is ready, and looking pretty nice if I do say so myself. It seems to have the Merlin and Max seal of approval.:teehee:

I got Red Rover...I've been off-line since I got it, sorry for the delay! Thanks for the little "purls of Wisdom" book; I had a chance to thumb through it and I'm going to enjoy those litle "Knitticsms"... I may even share some with the class now and then:teehee:

Mossy's ready for the next lucky contestant:happydance:

Vertigo1414
10-21-2009, 02:37 PM
just got back from the post office, Superman's on the way to SgtPam for donation and there's a set of needles going to Mulderknitter.

Mulderknitter
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I got Red Rover...I've been off-line since I got it, sorry for the delay! Thanks for the little "purls of Wisdom" book; I had a chance to thumb through it and I'm going to enjoy those litle "Knitticsms"... I may even share some with the class now and then:teehee:

Mossy's ready for the next lucky contestant:happydance:
I'll check w/ the next knitter & get back to you!

sgtpam
10-23-2009, 05:47 PM
I got Superman and mailed out Mossy today:grphug:

melmac51
10-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi All :waving:

Blue Skies is ready for the next knitter.

Mulderknitter
10-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi All :waving:

Blue Skies is ready for the next knitter.
I'm pm'ing the next knitter & will get back to you!

sgtpam
11-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Red Rover's ready...who's next?:woohoo:

Mulderknitter
11-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Red Rover's ready...who's next?:woohoo:
I'll check and get back to you!
I've been a bad leader lately, no new blankets cast on:pout: . I plan to get my booty in gear though and get some started soon. I guess that happens when you get sick and you're so sick you don't even want to knit!:roflhard:

melmac51
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Hope you're feeling much, much better!

Mulderknitter
11-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Hope you're feeling much, much better!
I finally am, thank goodness! Thanks for asking!

sgtpam
11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I'll check and get back to you!
I've been a bad leader lately, no new blankets cast on:pout: . I plan to get my booty in gear though and get some started soon. I guess that happens when you get sick and you're so sick you don't even want to knit!:roflhard:

Glad you're feeling better. I was lucky, I just had a bad cold; bad enough to stayhome a few days...but, not so sick to keep me from knitting!:teehee:

Vertigo1414
11-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Rainbow Brite is ready for the next knitter.
So my mom surprised me by getting a new puppy over the weekend. He's 10 weeks old and his name is Pee-Wee. He's a Brussels Griffon and very very little.

yarncharmer
11-06-2009, 06:58 PM
He's so cute!! Will he stay really tiny? I've never heard of a Brussels Griffon. How do your other dogs like him?

Vertigo1414
11-06-2009, 11:36 PM
it's a toy breed so he'll get between 5 and 8 pounds we think. my girls are at the point where if he's sleeping they'll cuddle him but they realize he's a baby and want nothing to do with him if he's awake. I think they're afraid of hurting him.

Mulderknitter
11-07-2009, 01:48 PM
So cute!
Pam, I pm'd Lauriena on rav for red rover but haven't heard anything.
I've started Orange Dream, acrylic in shades of orange. anyone want in?
I'll pm the next knitter for Rainbow Brite!

tgriffin541
11-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Add me to Orange Dream! I think I have some bright orange in my stash.

chj
11-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi all - I took 3 more snuggles to our local shelter today, and they told me again how much they LOVE them! So all of you - just a reminder that they are much appreciated by the kitties and the staff who care for them. Keep up the good work!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Mulderknitter
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the update Chj!
TGriffin, I've added you as the 2nd knitter on Orange Dream, just 2 more knitters needed!
:woohoo:

melmac51
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the update Chj!
TGriffin, I've added you as the 2nd knitter on Orange Dream, just 2 more knitters needed!

Me! I'll help if you want me to.

jdee
11-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I can knit on Orange Dream if I'm needed.

Mulderknitter
11-10-2009, 06:12 PM
I have both of you on Orange Dream! Thank you!
I have also started a holiday blanket, not sure what to call it though. :?? It's in red, green and sparkly!
Anyone want to name it and be on it?

yarncharmer
11-10-2009, 06:36 PM
The name that pops immediately to mind is Santa's Little Helper, the name of the Simpsons' dog. :rofl: I can knit on it; it feels like I haven't signed up for any in a while. I like red, green, and sparkly....;)

Mulderknitter
11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
That's perfect! Thanks! I will add you right away!
I just wanted to also update you all on the 2 blankets that I gave to my uncle that is suffering from cancer for his dog. He says that they are too nice to give to his dog, so he's using them as covers for his chairs. He is still going thru chemo but we are hopeful because he's been hanging on so well. He even goes out for a motorcycle ride every once in a while.
Thanks everyone!

yarncharmer
11-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm glad your uncle is doing well! I wonder if the dog uses them anyway, when your uncle is out on his motorcycle :roflhard:

Mulderknitter
11-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm glad your uncle is doing well! I wonder if the dog uses them anyway, when your uncle is out on his motorcycle :roflhard:
I wouldn't doubt it! He named the dog Eddie after the dog from Frasier, so maybe!

Vertigo1414
11-11-2009, 11:19 PM
had a doh! moment today. i took Rainbow Brite and some other stuff to the post office...yea forgot it was a holiday...i should be able to get it out friday.

Mulderknitter
11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
This weekend I plan to update the blog with a current list of blankets in progress, but for now I wanted to let you know there are some new blankets that need knitters, yay! New blankets!

Santa's little helper (reds/greens/festivey) needs 2 knitters
Moody Blues - GrannyDani from Rav starting-needs 3 knitters
Furry Friends (another fun fur) I put LittleP3 from Rav on- I need 2 more knitters!

Vertigo1414
11-13-2009, 03:50 PM
finally got Rainbow Brite in the mail today!! it's on the way to jdee, conf # 03091830000193219584

Mulderknitter
11-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Just wanted to post a pic of Fuzzy Wuzzy since we've never done a fun fur blanket before! I held some fun fur doubled, and used up both balls. It's a little under 6 inches in length, but I don't see that as a problem.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture408.jpg
Dexter has already deemed it worthy!
I have Cricket22 up next for the blanket, are you ready for me to put it in the mail to you?

cricket22
11-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Just wanted to post a pic of Fuzzy Wuzzy since we've never done a fun fur blanket before! I held some fun fur doubled, and used up both balls. It's a little under 6 inches in length, but I don't see that as a problem.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture408.jpg
Dexter has already deemed it worthy!
I have Cricket22 up next for the blanket, are you ready for me to put it in the mail to you?

YES It looks like a fun one to work on.

Mulderknitter
11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
YES It looks like a fun one to work on.
I will try to get it in the mail by the end of the week!:muah:

jdee
11-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I don't have any fun fur, but I can work on the other two.

jdee
11-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I got Rainbow Brite today. Thank you for the yarn. I think I'm going to use it to make a teddy bear. The texture is perfect for that.

Mulderknitter
11-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't have any fun fur, but I can work on the other two.
I put you on as the last knitter for Moody Blues! Thanks Jdee!:muah:

jdee
11-22-2009, 11:14 PM
While I was knitting on Rainbow Brite, I ran out of yarn. I was thinking of going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get another ball, but since it's and Oddball project, I just finished it with another color. I can't decide if I want to send it, or take out the second color and get another ball of the first. What do Ya'll think?

Mulderknitter
11-23-2009, 09:33 AM
it looks good to me!

cricket22
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Fuzzy Wuzzy arrived and I finished it up as I greatly needed a distraction while watching my beloved Bears lose again.:doh:

Thanks for the gifts I think my daughter already snatched one!

sgtpam
11-23-2009, 06:12 PM
While I was knitting on Rainbow Brite, I ran out of yarn. I was thinking of going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get another ball, but since it's and Oddball project, I just finished it with another color. I can't decide if I want to send it, or take out the second color and get another ball of the first. What do Ya'll think?

Send it on.....it's bright and cheery!:thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
11-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Fuzzy Wuzzy arrived and I finished it up as I greatly needed a distraction while watching my beloved Bears lose again.:doh:

Thanks for the gifts I think my daughter already snatched one!
I've contacted the next knitter, glad you liked the gifts~!:muah:

Mulderknitter
11-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Send it on.....it's bright and cheery!:thumbsup:
you're the last knitter for Rainbow brite, ok for JDee to mail it when she's ready?

jdee
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
:thumbsup: Then it's ready for the next knitter. Thanks.

cricket22
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Fuzzy Wuzzy is on its way! Delivery Confirmation # is 91011 2888 2300 8965 31472

sgtpam
11-25-2009, 11:50 PM
you're the last knitter for Rainbow brite, ok for JDee to mail it when she's ready?

Sorry...I'm in TN with my baby sister for Thanksgiving and haven't even been on line in 2 days!:teehee: But, I'll be home Friday and am ready to go!

Happy Thanksgiving.......!:hug:

yarncharmer
11-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Santa's Little Helper is here... it arrived several days ago but I forgot to post... It's really festive and sparkly - I like it! Thanks for the body butter! It's yummy!

yarncharmer
11-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Santa's Little Helper is ready to go! It's so sparkly it's alternate name could be Christmas at the Disco :roflhard: Please let me know where to send it next...

eta: or maybe :rofl: "Bling-le Bells" I crack myself up :roflhard: :rofl:

Vertigo1414
11-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Just letting you all know I got Fuzzy Wuzzy today.

Shandeh
11-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Good work, Oddball Snugglers! :cheering:

Vertigo1414
11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
just wanted to let you guys know when i took Fuzzy Wuzzy out of the bag today and when my puppy saw it he ran away from it. i think he thought it was going to eat him.

Mulderknitter
11-30-2009, 09:04 PM
just wanted to let you guys know when i took Fuzzy Wuzzy out of the bag today and when my puppy saw it he ran away from it. i think he thought it was going to eat him.
Funny! :roflhard: Dexter thought it was the best thing ever! I didn't think I was going to get it away from him!:roflhard:

Mulderknitter
11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Thought I would give a bit of an update since it's been so long, here's what we have in progress. If you think something is wrong with this list, let me know please!
Mossy
Jdee-done
SgtPam-done
Tgriffin-done
Grannydani-working on it
Santa's Little Helper
Mulderknitterdone
Yarncharmer - mailing
Tgriffin
LittleP3
Peachy
Mulderknitter-done
Glowyone-done
Cricket22-done
Yarncharmer-working on it
Moody Blues
GranniDani-done
Tgriffin-done
LittleP3-working on it
Jdee
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Mulderknitter-done
Cricket22-done
Vertigo1414-working on it
Glowyone
Orange Dream
Mulderknitter-done
Tgriffin-mailing
Melmac51
Jdee
Furry Friends
Mulderknitter-working on it
LittleP3
Roadtogrinnel
Cricket22
Chicken little and Rainbow Brite cotton snuggles are being finished up right now.
So, What do you all think about going back to 5 knitters/5 inches? I would say that between us and Ravelry we have enough knitters to circulate 5 knitters a blanket.
I still have to cast on the 2nd furry blanket, Furry Friends, and was wondering if anyone has ideas for more blankets????? I have an endless supply of acrylic and cotton, but want to know what supplies all you knitters have out there, and if you have requests/ideas?????

cricket22
11-30-2009, 10:24 PM
You can add me to Furry Friends I really enjoyed working on Fuzzy Wuzzy and have quite a bit of eyelash yarn.

yarncharmer
12-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Oops! I'm sorry to say that I'm not done with Peachy yet! It came at a time when I was really busy and since I was the last knitter I didn't feel any pressure to get it done.... Since then, Santa's Little Helper came through and I got it done pretty quickly - now I need to finish up Peachy. I'm sorry it has taken me so long! I'll let you know when it's ready.

jdee
12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm afraid I've not sent Rainbow Brite yet. We had such a busy weekend, and my energy level has been low ever since.:cry: I promise to get it out this week.

Mulderknitter
12-01-2009, 09:51 PM
The latest update has been updated to reflect the new changes!:muah:

melmac51
12-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I received and started working on "Orange Dream" day before yesterday. LOVE this one. :heart: It's so cheerful!

Also, I am a crocheter, so if you want to put me last on any of them, I could crochet a border if you'd like.

sgtpam
12-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm afraid I've not sent Rainbow Brite yet. We had such a busy weekend, and my energy level has been low ever since.:cry: I promise to get it out this week.

Rainbow Brite came yesterday....thanks for the handcream, it smells yummy!:hug:

jdee
12-04-2009, 03:07 AM
You're welcome. I'm glad Rainbow Brite made it to you safely.

Vertigo1414
12-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Fuzzy Wuzzy's all done. Who's next?

On a side note for the first time in my knitting life a have a FUN FUR FREE STASH!

yarncharmer
12-06-2009, 12:34 PM
:yay: :woot: way to go Candace! :happydance: :woohoo: Does it feel liberating? Oddly enough, I've never acquired any fun fur. My stash is naturally fun fur-free. I'm not sure how that happened-- maybe I just started knitting after fun fur lost its 'cool'? Oh wait a minute, I do have some white stuff with silver that we bought to use for a unicorn's mane and tail. It's not quite fun fur but is definitely fun fur-esque.

Shandeh
12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Y'all let me know if you want to make another fun fur snuggle. I have a bag FULL of eyelash yarns that were given to me for charity knitting. I'll be glad to send some skeins to whoever wants to knit on the snuggle.

Mulderknitter
12-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Y'all let me know if you want to make another fun fur snuggle. I have a bag FULL of eyelash yarns that were given to me for charity knitting. I'll be glad to send some skeins to whoever wants to knit on the snuggle.
Thanks Sandy! These fun fur blankets sure are a hit so far! I love changing it up every once in a while! I'll let you know!

jdee
12-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I've just recieved Moody Blue. Thanks for the lovely memo pads and stickers.:)

Mulderknitter
12-15-2009, 08:15 PM
I've cast on another acrylic snuggle! I have decided we can go back to the 5 knitters/5 inches per snuggle, so I need 4 more people for it!
Also, if any of you have needles from our projects and want to help out, you can cast on your own snuggle. Just let me know and I will email you the card and sheet to mail with it, or you can mail those needles back to me to keep them in circulation!

Mulderknitter
12-16-2009, 07:17 PM
We have 2 spots left open on "Snug as a bug" and Glowyone from Ravelry has started a new acrylic named "Team Spirit" to be done in your favorite team colors!
let me know if anyone wants in!

CivicSista
12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Can you add me to a list?

melmac51
12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Orange dream is almost ready to go.

You can add me to "Team Spirit".

Mulderknitter
12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Orange dream is almost ready to go.

JDee, you are next/last for Orange Dream, ok to have Melmac mail to you?

Mulderknitter
12-17-2009, 09:02 PM
I am working on updating our blog, so I just thought I'd ask if there is anything that it doesn't have that someone would like to see?
You can find our blog here:
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com:muah: (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com)

Mulderknitter
12-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I have posted another update to the blog, just so you all can see! I hope to keep up with the blog a bit more in the future, at least doing an update once a week with blankets in progress.
thanks everyone!:muah:

jdee
12-20-2009, 12:02 AM
If it's not too much trouble, could the next knitter on Orange Dream switch places with me. I have a project that has to be finished before Christmas. If it's not convenient, you can go ahead and send it, it just might take me a little longer. I still have Moody Blue, but since I'm the finisher, I've been working on Christmas gifts instead. I've just got this one more gift, then I'll be back on track.

ETA: Thanks for the Christmas card, Mulderknitter. That was so nice and thoughtful.

Mulderknitter
12-20-2009, 01:46 PM
If it's not too much trouble, could the next knitter on Orange Dream switch places with me. I have a project that has to be finished before Christmas. If it's not convenient, you can go ahead and send it, it just might take me a little longer. I still have Moody Blue, but since I'm the finisher, I've been working on Christmas gifts instead. I've just got this one more gift, then I'll be back on track.

ETA: Thanks for the Christmas card, Mulderknitter. That was so nice and thoughtful.
you are very welcome! I will certainly have someone else do Orange Dream!
Good luck on your projects and don't sweat it!:muah:

Mulderknitter
12-20-2009, 01:47 PM
We need a finisher for Orange Dream if anyone wants it!:muah:

jdee
12-21-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't read your question right. If I'm the finisher on Orange dream, then you can go ahead and send it, because that means I won't feel as much of a rush to get it to the next knitter. So if there are no takers to finish it by the time I get my project done, then I'll go ahead and take it.

Shandeh
12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Happy Holidays, Oddball Snugglers! :muah:

jdee
12-22-2009, 06:52 PM
My Christmas knitting is officially over, and I'm free to take Orange Dream any time.
I may have gotten confused with Moody Blue. It looks like all the sections are 5 inches, which means there should be a fifth knitter. I'm so sorry I kept it this long. I just saw the three sections, and thought I was the finisher. But my section is now finished, and I can send it on. Please forgive me for slowing down the works.:aww:

cheley
12-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi Mulder...Thank you so much for the holiday card..Merry Christmas to you and a very Happy/Healthy New Year:muah:

melmac51
12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
My Christmas knitting is officially over, and I'm free to take Orange Dream any time.
I may have gotten confused with Moody Blue. It looks like all the sections are 5 inches, which means there should be a fifth knitter. I'm so sorry I kept it this long. I just saw the three sections, and thought I was the finisher. But my section is now finished, and I can send it on. Please forgive me for slowing down the works.:aww:

I'll probably send it to you this weekend.

Mulderknitter
12-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Don't worry about slowing anything down! I'm having a hard time making it to work dressed everyday much less keeping up between the Ravelry/KH boards!
Since Moody Blue needs a last knitter, you can send it to me when you are done. I haven't finished one in a while, and my local donation place put up another sign that they are looking for blankets/towels for their animals, if that's OK with everyone?

jdee
12-23-2009, 07:22 PM
:thumbsup: Ok, it's ready when you are.

Mulderknitter
12-23-2009, 08:17 PM
:thumbsup: Ok, it's ready when you are.
Do you need me to pm you my addy? or do you have it?
I'm ready:woohoo:

jdee
12-23-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm sure I have it somewhere, but could you send it anyway. It would save me having to go through all my PM's.

Mulderknitter
12-26-2009, 12:33 PM
:waving: Just a quick post to let you all know I'm off to Hawaii and will be back on the 1st. Have a good week!:clink:

jdee
12-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Have a great time!:muah:

sgtpam
12-26-2009, 09:13 PM
WOW! Enjoy every minute...."see" you when you get back:hug:

melmac51
12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Jdee,

Orange Dream is on it's way!

Conf.# 03082690000130607407

I think this was my favorite one. It's so cheerful looking.

Vertigo1414
12-30-2009, 07:19 PM
So know how sometimes non-knitters buy yarn with the best of intentions but it's not quite right...well my mom did that to me. She bought me 3 large skeins of bright coral red heart super saver for a quarter. To be honest it's the kind of thing i'm never going to use, so free to a good home either as a group or one by one. Just PM me.

Mulderknitter
12-31-2009, 08:29 PM
I am back on the mainland! What an awesome time!:clink:
Besides a flight that was delayed for 9 hrs until 5 am, all was well.
Looks like I didn't miss much :waving: Have a safe and happy New year!

Mulderknitter
01-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I have updated the blog with the new snuggles and ones that need knitters, and I believe I have responded to everyone's pm's. If I missed something please let me know!

LittleP3
01-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi oddballs!

I finally got around to registering over here on KnittingHelp.

Same ID here as on Ravelry.

Jill :X:

jdee
01-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Welcome. :)

jdee
01-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok, the holiday season is over, and I think I finally have myself together. Moody Blue is packaged and ready to send to Mulderknitter, and Orange dream is finished and ready to send to Little Orphan Angels Animal Rescue in Keller, TX. I've used the needles from Orange dream to start a new snuggle. I've started it in a green that reminds me of Lime Sherbert, so I've decided to call it Rainbow Sherbert. Should I knit 5 inches, or go with 6.4?

Thank you, melmac51, for the pretty beaded bookmark. Your dog is more than forgiven for his nibbling. :teehee:

Mulderknitter
01-03-2010, 11:13 PM
We're back to 5 inches/5 knitters, thanks for casting on for us! So happy to have so many snuggles in progress!
Glad to see you have yourself together:woohoo:

jdee
01-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Great. I've got 5 inches on Rainbow Sherbert, so it will be ready when we have more knitters for it. I've included a picture of it, and one of Orange Dream.

jdee
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Orange Dream and Moody Blue are in on the way to thier destinations.

LittleP3
01-05-2010, 03:49 PM
You can add me to either Misty Morning or Golden Sunset.

Fuzzy Wuzzy is a different blanket than Furry Friends, right?
If nobody else wants that last spot, I can finish Fuzzy Wuzzy.

Mulderknitter
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
You can add me to either Misty Morning or Golden Sunset.

Fuzzy Wuzzy is a different blanket than Furry Friends, right?
If nobody else wants that last spot, I can finish Fuzzy Wuzzy.
Thanks littleP3!
yes, those are 2 different blankets. I will add you to Misty morning and finishing fuzzy wuzzy.
I also hope to get Snug as a Bug out to you by this weekend!:muah:

jdee
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
I just saw the updated blog, and noticed that I'm not on any of the new snuggles. Oops! If you'd like, you can add me to Misty Morning, and the other one that needs 4 knitters. Also, Rainbow Sherbert is ready for another knitter.

Mulderknitter
01-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I just saw the updated blog, and noticed that I'm not on any of the new snuggles. Oops! If you'd like, you can add me to Misty Morning, and the other one that needs 4 knitters. Also, Rainbow Sherbert is ready for another knitter.
Will do!
I got Moody Blues today, thanks for that super cute bag! I needed another one to carry that 2nd sock in progress in! I just love it!

Mulderknitter
01-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I am going to update what is being started and what is needed so you can all see on the blog. I have to figure out a way to have those in progress on the right or left bar so that I can just go in and add your names, and then you can see where you are on the list of blankets and who's next by just looking. I hope to do that tonight. Thanks for being patient while I work out the blog!

yarncharmer
01-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Mulderknitter, the blog looks great! You can add me to team spirit and snug as a bug.

thanks!

Mulderknitter
01-07-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't see that we have a Rainbow Sherbert?

jdee
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Rainbow Sherbert is the one I started after I finished Orange Dream.

Mulderknitter
01-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Rainbow Sherbert is the one I started after I finished Orange Dream.
:zombie: Sorry! I totally missed that!
I will get it on the list! Obviously, we don't have another knitter just yet, but hopefully soon!
Thanks JDee!:muah:

LittleP3
01-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I can take the next spot on Rainbow Sherbet.

Also... Furry Friends went in the mail today. DC # 9101805213683069723048

LittleP3
01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Snug as a Bug arrived today.

Is there a certain color scheme for this one? I can't remember. :??

melmac51
01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Hello All!

You can add me to Sunset / Twilight.

Mulderknitter
01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Snug as a Bug arrived today.

Is there a certain color scheme for this one? I can't remember. :??
Nope, I just got bored and cast on with some stuff. :roflhard:

Mulderknitter
01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Will do! Thanks!:muah:

Mulderknitter
01-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey Snugglers! Check the blog if you want to be on some blankets, we have quite a few open spots still!

jdee
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
My husband sent Rainbow sherber off today. :)

LittleP3
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Rainbow Sherbet arrived today.

Vertigo1414
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Team Spirit showed up today, but the person before me didn't sign the card. What should i do?

cricket22
01-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Furry Friends, Misty Morning and Golden Sunset are all ready for the next knitters!

Mulderknitter
01-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Team Spirit showed up today, but the person before me didn't sign the card. What should i do?
That's fine, just sign their name for them, or put "knitter #2".

Mulderknitter
01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Furry Friends, Misty Morning and Golden Sunset are all ready for the next knitters!
Furry Friends is yours to bind off and donate, I'll contact the next knitters for the other 2

LittleP3
01-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Rainbow Sherbet is ready for the next flavor. :)

Mulderknitter
01-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Rainbow Sherbet is ready for the next flavor. :)
We don't have anyone set up for it next, :pout: I'm updating the blog as we speak for the open spots, so let me know who wants on!

CountryNaturals
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
I posted a link to this thread, here:

http://loveyourpetexpo.com/crafts-knit.html

If you have anything else to add or any place else I should link to, please let me know.:grphug:

Mulderknitter
01-18-2010, 07:04 PM
I posted a link to this thread, here:

http://loveyourpetexpo.com/crafts-knit.html

If you have anything else to add or any place else I should link to, please let me know.:grphug:
Aren't you nice for including us! I love getting the word out!:woohoo:We are also on Ravelry, under the same name.

cricket22
01-20-2010, 12:06 PM
"Misty Morning" and "Golden Sunset" are on the way to the next knitters!

Mulderknitter
01-25-2010, 06:38 PM
The blog is updated again!:muah:

traceleighj
01-25-2010, 10:41 PM
"Misty Morning" and "Golden Sunset" are on the way to the next knitters!

I got Misty Morning today. Thanks for the clip board- very pretty!

Mulderknitter
01-26-2010, 09:09 AM
I got Misty Morning today. Thanks for the clip board- very pretty!
I got one of those clip boards and use it all the time at home for my patterns! they are great!

marypat
01-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I would love to join! Just tell me what I need to do to get involved! I have 2 rescued Goldens and a rescued Lab so put me after anyone allergic! Dog hair is added free of charge to everything at our house.

Mulderknitter
01-26-2010, 06:54 PM
I would love to join! Just tell me what I need to do to get involved! I have 2 rescued Goldens and a rescued Lab so put me after anyone allergic! Dog hair is added free of charge to everything at our house.
We'd love to have you! Right now we don't have any allergic knitters, so no worries, and you can have some cat hair to add to the mix!
Just PM me your address info, and we'll get you on the list! We have a few open spots right now, so take a peek at the blog and if you have a preference, just let me know!
Welcome!:muah:

Mulderknitter
01-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Welcome MaryPat! I hope you enjoy our group of knitters!
I want to see which of our blankets is on the move first before I put you in a spot if you don't mind. Sometimes some move faster than others!
You can see our blog at
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/

marypat
01-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the bolg link. I finally found it yesterday. Whatever works for you will be fine. Just let me know to be on the lookout for it. I am looking forward to helping.

LittleP3
01-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Fuzzy Wuzzy is done. I had quite an adventure weaving in all those hairy scary tails! Now I know why I don't work with novelty yarn very often.

Patriotic Paws was cast-on the empty needles… and it’s already been passed to the next knitter. Garter stitch is the perfect knitting for 3AM insomnia. :zombie:

melmac51
01-29-2010, 02:08 AM
Hello All!

I just found out that there is a no-kill shelter in my area that accepts knitted blankets. It's called ARNO (which stands for Animal Rescue New Orleans). So if you'd like to put me on the end of any snuggles, I know ARNO would love to have them.

Mulderknitter
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Hello All!

I just found out that there is a no-kill shelter in my area that accepts knitted blankets. It's called ARNO (which stands for Animal Rescue New Orleans). So if you'd like to put me on the end of any snuggles, I know ARNO would love to have them.
I put you at the end of Golden Sunset!

melmac51
01-29-2010, 04:07 PM
I'll be ready for it!

LittleP3
01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
I put you at the end of Golden Sunset!
... I thought I was the last on Golden Sunset. Maybe you mean Misty Morning?:??

Mulderknitter
01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
... I thought I was the last on Golden Sunset. Maybe you mean Misty Morning?:??
Ugh!:zombie: Sometimes I update the blog from work and forget to update my spreadsheet when I get home!
You are right, LittleP3 is the last on Golden sunset.
I will switch and have Melmac51 last on Misty morning!
So sorry for the confuzzles! :hair:
ETA: I think the blog should be right now on the right side for the knitters

CivicSista
02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Just wanted to let you know I received bird brain the other day in the mail. Thanks so much for the yarn. I'm gonna start working on it on Thursday. :)

Mulderknitter
02-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Just wanted to let you know I received bird brain the other day in the mail. Thanks so much for the yarn. I'm gonna start working on it on Thursday. :)
You bet! I was in a bit of a snarky mood when I named that one!:roflhard:

Mulderknitter
02-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Things in Muldertown have gotten a bit crazy lately, not including the 17 thousand inches of snow I had to shovel from my driveway just to get in. I promise that I will have the blog updated by this weekend. I recently cut back on my work hours, I have Friday's off now, so I hope to get myself back to a normal-ish kinda feeling. Let me know in the interim if you need anything!

melmac51
02-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Things in Muldertown have gotten a bit crazy lately, not including the 17 thousand inches of snow I had to shovel from my driveway just to get in. I promise that I will have the blog updated by this weekend. I recently cut back on my work hours, I have Friday's off now, so I hope to get myself back to a normal-ish kinda feeling. Let me know in the interim if you need anything!

Hang in...Spring is right around the corner!! Yay for you having Friday's off. We work half days every Friday (and love it!); but if I ever have to get a job where we work all day on Fridays, I don't know if I could handle it!

Shandeh
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Good thing you have blankets and lots of warm snuggly animals to keep you warm! cloud9

melmac51
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello All!

I received "Team Spirit" yesterday. :cheering: Candace, thanks for the facial cloth! I'm going to pamper myself sometime this weekend.

Y'all try to stay warm!

Vertigo1414
02-13-2010, 01:07 AM
we all need a little pampering this time of the year.

yarncharmer
02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Snug as a Bug arrived yesterday... it's really pretty. I love the color combinations....

Mulderknitter
02-14-2010, 05:21 PM
The blog is updated on the right hand side with the current status of our blankets. Let me know if I missed something or you want to me on a spot!

CivicSista
02-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Bird Brain will be ready to go soon.

melmac51
02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Good Morning All!

I just checked the blog, and it says that I'm working on "Twilight". Just wanted to let you know that I haven't received "Twilight" yet. I AM working on "Team Spirit", and have only a few rows left before I mail it out.

Have a great day! :)

Mulderknitter
02-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Good Morning All!

I just checked the blog, and it says that I'm working on "Twilight". Just wanted to let you know that I haven't received "Twilight" yet. I AM working on "Team Spirit", and have only a few rows left before I mail it out.

Have a great day! :)
I thought she had mailed it out, but maybe not yet. I'll check on that for you!

Mulderknitter
02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I got Rainbow Sherbert today, such bright colors! Will post pics and of Moody Blues this weekend.

melmac51
02-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi All!

Team Spirit is ready for the next knitter.

Mulderknitter
02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi All!

Team Spirit is ready for the next knitter.
I pm'd the next knitter!

jdee
03-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Golden Sunset arrived today. :)

Mulderknitter
03-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I finished Moody Blue and it's ready to go off for donation!:muah:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture507.jpg

sgtpam
03-16-2010, 08:20 PM
I got Stained Glass Window yesterday..WOW....I think this one's the prettiest yet....I'm not sure what color I have that will do it justice!:teehee:

Using the black for one of the colors for every section really makes the other colors stand out. I'll have to remember that.:cheering:

Candace...thanks for the yarn!! I actually had forgotten about it:hug:

jdee
03-16-2010, 11:24 PM
I got Misty Morning yesterday. Thank you for the cute little notepad and pencil. :muah:

Also, Golden Sunset is ready to send to the next knitter.

Vertigo1414
03-17-2010, 12:07 AM
no problem, i was actually glad for the room in my stash.

sgtpam
03-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Stained Glass Window’s is ready to send to the next knitter:knitting:

Mulderknitter
03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Sorry it's been so long since the last blog update, but it's up now! Please let me know if you need anything, want a spot, etc....
You'll also notice that Twilight and Starburst are being started by me.
We need knitters in a few of those spots so lets get knitting!:knitting:

jdee
03-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Hello,
I can work on Bird Brain, Twilight, and Starburst, if you need me.

Mulderknitter
03-23-2010, 08:22 AM
You got it!

melmac51
03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Team Spirit was mailed out yesterday. Confirmation Number:
0309 2880 0002 2962 4766

jdee
03-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Golden Sunset and Misty Morning went out today. I have confirmation #'s for them, if you want to PM me.

CivicSista
03-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Has Bird Brain arrived to the next knitter? I no longer have the confirmation # because I have moved.
If it got lost let me know and I can go buy a set of needles and get another one started.

Mulderknitter
03-26-2010, 01:04 PM
She got it, thank you!

melmac51
03-29-2010, 08:22 AM
I got Misty Morning Friday. I'll try to post a picture of the finished snuggle before I donate it. Jdee, thanks for the beautiful yarn!

jdee
04-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Your welcome :)
I just wanted to say that Bird Brain is ready for the next knitter. I didn't know, when I signed up, that it was a fun fur blanket. The only fun fur I had in the house is a much more subdued color than the others, but I still think it looks ok.

Mulderknitter
04-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks JDee! It looks awesome!:muah:

Mulderknitter
04-14-2010, 06:06 PM
JDee is done with her part on Bird Brain, we just need one more knitter to finish it off and donate, any takers???:yay:

Mulderknitter
04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
SgtPam offered to finish off Bird Brain for us! :muah:
JDee, do you still have her addy or do you need it?