PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles - Cotton or Acrylic Yarn

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

calimama
10-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Glad you got the Pink Poodle snuggle!
This will be the first blanket we have finished as a new group.
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Please take a photo if you can, so we can see how it looks when it's done.

When the snuggle is complete, just take it to a local animal shelter, so it can give comfort to a homeless pet there. And while you are there, ask them if they need more....and see if they have requests on sizes, thickness, etc.

Then, you can go home, and start another snuggle for us, using the needles from Pink Poodle. :thumbsup:

Here's a photo of Pink Poodle all ready to be donated to the Peninsula Humane Society and SPCA here in San Mateo (just south of SF). Thanks to everyone who worked on this beautiful snuggle!

I've started a new blanket which will be jungle animal-themed (lion, zebra, elephant, tiger, etc). I'm doing my section in two different shades of brown to represent a lion and will post a photo once I've gotten a little further along. I haven't come up with a name I like, so suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;)

sakura-panda
10-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Pink Poodle looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing! :yay:

As for a name, what about "Safari Snuggle" or "Mighty Jungle"? (Yeah, I'm really bad at names. :roflhard: Hopefully you get some *good* suggestions too!)

glowyone
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Jungle Fever?

Shandeh
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Jungle Fever?

Oooo! I like that name!! "JUNGLE FEVER"!
Makes me wanna dance. :)

susauehl
10-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Oooo! I like that name!! "JUNGLE FEVER"!
Makes me wanna dance. :)

That sounds good!:happydance:

calimama
10-23-2011, 02:21 PM
That sounds good!:happydance:
"Jungle Fever" it is -- thanks for all the naming help, everyone! I'll post a pic of it soon.

Shandeh
10-23-2011, 08:32 PM
:thumbsup:

I hope everyone is doing well.
Just wanted to see how we all feel about our little group.

Do you want to continue making more snuggles together?
Do you want us to keep our discussion here, or on Ravelry?

Talk soon. :muah:

- Sandy

Shandeh
10-23-2011, 08:33 PM
"Jungle Fever" it is -- thanks for all the naming help, everyone! I'll post a pic of it soon.
So, now that "Jungle Fever" has a name, we need FOUR MORE KNITTERS to sign up and work on it.
:)

susauehl
10-23-2011, 10:47 PM

- Sandy

I hope the group stays together! I would like to continue making pet snuggles and to keep the dicussion here as I'm not that good at "finding" things on the conputer when it is in different places.
By the way any new where Autumn Run is? Just curious!
Thanks,
Susan:hug:

susauehl
10-23-2011, 10:49 PM
So, now that "Jungle Fever" has a name, we need FOUR MORE KNITTERS to sign up and work on it.

I would be glad to work on this one!

Susan:heart:

sakura-panda
10-23-2011, 11:27 PM
I hope the group stays together! I would like to continue making pet snuggles and to keep the dicussion here as I'm not that good at "finding" things on the conputer when it is in different places.
By the way any new where Autumn Run is? Just curious!
Thanks,

I have Autumn Run -- it just arrived a couple of days ago and today I bought some yarn to go with it. I have an old ball that may work, but I bought two more in case it doesn't. ;) Not that I need an excuse to buy yarn. :teehee:

The cashier asked me what I was making, and when I told her, she was kind enough to give me an extra discount so I ended up with 2 skeins for just over the price of 1! (I had planned to go to Joann's yesterday, not today, so I didn't have a non-expired coupon with me. I went to Michael's last week and their yarn selection has much less variety than Joann's.)

I've got a busy week coming up, but I should be able to find time to work on it next week. I am hoping to at least get it started this week. :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
10-23-2011, 11:31 PM

- Sandy

Are we breaking up already? :pout:

I like having the discussions here; I don't log into Ravelry much, except to look at patterns or yarn. I suppose I could make an exception if we move there. Is there / will there be a group or would this be part of the Knitting Help group?

You can put me down for a knitter, Sandy. :)

Shandeh
10-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Thank you both for your input! :thumbsup:

No, we aren't breaking up. Just wanted to check in to see how everyone feels about our little group. I'm glad to hear that you are both still content. cloud9

Shandeh
10-24-2011, 12:23 PM
.......The cashier asked me what I was making, and when I told her, she was kind enough to give me an extra discount so I ended up with 2 skeins for just over the price of 1!
Awesome! What a great cashier!
I bought some wool yarn on clearance at Hobby Lobby last week, and told the cashier that I was planning on using it for charity knitting. She didn't say anything. :roll: Oh well....win some, lose some. :teehee:

bugsyblacklab
10-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Please sign me up for this snuggle. :woot:

bugsyblacklab
10-24-2011, 03:10 PM

- Sandy

I have been having a lot of fun with this group and making snuggles. :muah: I would like to continue. As for here or Ravelry, either place is OK with me. I have this forum bookmarked so I can come right to the last post at any time. :thumbsup: Wish we could get more people interested, tho, as this is really a good cause to knit for. :knitting:

Elizabeth

Shandeh
10-24-2011, 08:24 PM
I have been having a lot of fun with this group and making snuggles. I would like to continue. ...
Cool :cool:
We are a tight group. :grphug:
And I agree that it would be fun to have some more snugglers in our group. We want to make these homeless pets happy! :wink:

Shandeh
10-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Still one spot left for "Jungle Fever"!

sgtpam
10-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Still one spot left for "Jungle Fever"!

I'll take it

calimama
10-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Glad we have a full roster for "Jungle Fever" already! I'm ready to send it on -- just need to know who's the next knitter. And here's a photo of it.

Shandeh
10-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for joining in Pam! :)
Glad we have a full roster for "Jungle Fever" already! I'm ready to send it on -- just need to know who's the next knitter. And here's a photo of it.
Okay....here's the list of knitters who want to work on "Jungle Fever". Does this order look good to everyone?

calimama
Sakura-Panda
susauehl
bugsyblacklab
sgtpam

If we use this order, the next knitter will be Sakura-Panda.

sakura-panda
10-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks for joining in Pam! :)

Okay....here's the list of knitters who want to work on "Jungle Fever". Does this order look good to everyone?

calimama
Sakura-Panda
susauehl
bugsyblacklab
sgtpam

If we use this order, the next knitter will be Sakura-Panda.

Can you please move me down the list, Sandy? I haven't started on Autumn Run yet and I don't want to be sitting on two blankets if someone else is waiting for one.

If everyone else is busy, I will go ahead and take my turn now. ;)

Thanks! :)

susauehl
10-27-2011, 01:07 PM
I can be the next knitter if that would make it easier for you. I don't have any right now! Just let me know.

calimama
10-27-2011, 04:52 PM
That'd be great. Can you pm me with your address? I'll try to get it out to you tomorrow...

calimama
10-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I can be the next knitter if that would make it easier for you. I don't have any right now! Just let me know.

Thanks for "pinch knitting", susauehl. It's shipping today, DC 9101010521297227971628.

susauehl
10-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for "pinch knitting", susauehl. It's shipping today, DC 9101010521297227971628.

Any time! :hug:

Shandeh
10-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi again everyone! :)

Just wanted to see if someone else would be willing to lead our little group. I am going through some difficult times now that are making it hard for me to keep up with the spreadsheet and blankets.

You may or may not know, but my marriage is coming to an end. It's very emotional and a lot of work. I need to let go of the reins here, and hand them over to one of you.

To lead our group, you just need to follow the discussions, and update a spreadsheet, so you can see where the blankets are in the loop. You might be able to come up with an easier way of doing it than a spreadsheet. It would be your decision, of course.

Now, you all know why I asked that question earlier, wanting to know if you all wanted to continue the group.

It's a small group, so it should be easy to manage. My issue is that I'm just too emotional to keep things straight right now. Plus, my financial situation may change, where I won't have the internet available all the time like I do now.

susauehl
10-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Just wanted to see if someone else would be willing to lead our little group. I am going through some difficult times now that are making it hard for me to keep up with the spreadsheet and blankets.

You may or may not know, but my marriage is coming to an end. It's very emotional and a lot of work. I need to let go of the reins here, and hand them over to one of you.

To lead our group, you just need to follow the discussions, and update a spreadsheet, so you can see where the blankets are in the loop. You might be able to come up with an easier way of doing it than a spreadsheet. It would be your decision, of course.

Now, you all know why I asked that question earlier, wanting to know if you all wanted to continue the group.

It's a small group, so it should be easy to manage. My issue is that I'm just too emotional to keep things straight right now. Plus, my financial situation may change, where I won't have the internet available all the time like I do now.

Sorry to hear of what is going in you life right now. Please take care of yourself. Sorry but I am not the person to take the lead. Hopefully someone else can. I hope you will be able to come back and join us in the near future.
Take care,

Shandeh
10-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Sorry to hear of what is going in you life right now. Please take care of yourself. Sorry but I am not the person to take the lead. Hopefully someone else can. I hope you will be able to come back and join us in the near future.
Take care, Susan:hug:
Thank you, Susan! :muah:

sakura-panda
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Sandy -- I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. :sad: :hug:

Shandeh
10-31-2011, 10:45 AM
Great news, everyone............

Sakura-Panda has offered to lead the group now!
Thank you, Sakura-Panda! :heart: :muah: :heart:

I'm sure you will all be able to make lots and lots of pretty snuggles for homeless pets. Good luck to you! :hug:

So, now I will focus on dealing with my issues for a while. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. :heart:

susauehl
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Jungle Fever made it today! Thanks for the treats! I am doing colors grey and white for an elephant. It will be ready to move tomorrow. Let me know who to send it to!

Susan

sakura-panda
11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Jungle Fever made it today! Thanks for the treats! I am doing colors grey and white for an elephant. It will be ready to move tomorrow. Let me know who to send it to!

Susan

It looks like bugsyblacklab is next, if she's up for it! :thumbsup:

This last weekend we had birthday parties for my daughter -- family on Saturday and her Kindergarten friends on Sunday, and then more friends for going out Trick or Treating last night -- but I made myself start my section of Autumn Run just before I went to bed. :knitting:

I hope to get it done this week, as long as I can find time to sit and work on it (which is the hardest thing when you're planning a party and realize that you can't put off de-cluttering the house any longer. :teehee: Where does all that stuff come from anyway? :eyes: )

But that's behind me now; I only have to worry about ordinary stuff again, until Thanksgiving when we start our Christmas "season". :mrgreen:

susauehl
11-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Time slips away from us so fast! How old is your daughter? I bet you had a fun time!!

Susan

sakura-panda
11-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Time slips away from us so fast! How old is your daughter? I bet you had a fun time!!

Susan

She is five years old today and very excited about it! She wanted to know this morning if she is as tall as her 8-year-old brother yet.

It was a long weekend and I didn't get any laundry done, but it was fun for everyone -- and this isn't the first time I've had to squeeze loads in during the week. ;)

susauehl
11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Jungle Fever is on its way to Elizabeth in Texas. DC is 0311 0240 0002 3619 2530
Haven't quite figure out how to insert photo yet! Maybe next time!
Susan:cool:

sakura-panda
11-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Jungle Fever is on its way to Elizabeth in Texas. DC is 0311 0240 0002 3619 2530

Thanks for the update! :eyebrow:

Shandeh
11-03-2011, 12:21 AM

Jan made a tutorial on posting photos here in the forum:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80610

sakura-panda
11-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I finally finished my part of Autumn Run last night and am ready to send it to Susan! :thumbsup:

bugsyblacklab
11-04-2011, 07:20 PM

Jungle Fever arrived today--such a pretty snuggle! :heart: Thanks so much for the emery board. I sure did need a new one--now I can get my nails back in shape. :woot: I have been thinking of doing my section in tropical-bird colors. I have already started going through my stash to see what bright color combinations I can come up with. I will take a picture when I complete my part. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
11-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Last night, I finished the second section of "Cloud 9", our cotton snuggle. I will be mailing it to bugsyblacklab next week.
cloud9

susauehl
11-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Jungle Fever I think I figure out how to post a photo! Sorry it's kind of blurry.

bugsyblacklab
11-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Katie, Jungle Fever is on its way to you. DC# 0311 0240 0002 1714 9430. ETA is Monday. :woohoo:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/001-2.jpg

I did my section in Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn, Limelight and Jazzy Stripes to represent the tropical birds of South America. :angelgrin:
Calimama did the first section to represent lions and Susauehl did the second section in the colors of elephants. This is turning into a very pretty snuggle. :hug:

bugsyblacklab
11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Here is the picture of the finished Mountain Hike.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/002-1.jpg

For the last section, I used a variagated yarn called Homestyles (sold by Wal-Mart) in Mountain Top and RHSS Delft Blue.
This snuggle will be delivered to the Abe J. Tuggle Animal Shelter and Adoption Center in Garland, TX.

susauehl
11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Very nice pet blankets!!

sakura-panda
11-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Katie, Jungle Fever is on its way to you. DC# 0311 0240 0002 1714 9430. ETA is Monday. :woohoo:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/001-2.jpg

I did my section in Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn, Limelight and Jazzy Stripes to represent the tropical birds of South America. :angelgrin:
Calimama did the first section to represent lions and Susauehl did the second section in the colors of elephants. This is turning into a very pretty snuggle. :hug:

Oh that blanket is so pretty! :inlove: I can't wait to see it!

I am still sitting on Autumn Run, but tomorrow is a work holiday and I will be dropping it off at the post office then. Somehow I thought I had already sent it and was surprised to see it earlier in the week when I was sorting through some bundles of yarn. :oops:

sakura-panda
11-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Here is the picture of the finished Mountain Hike.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/002-1.jpg

For the last section, I used a variagated yarn called Homestyles (sold by Wal-Mart) in Mountain Top and RHSS Delft Blue.
This snuggle will be delivered to the Abe J. Tuggle Animal Shelter and Adoption Center in Garland, TX.

What a beautiful snuggle! I love the way the colors transitioned -- sort of like the woods at the top of the mountain is on one side and the water at bottom is on the other! :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
11-15-2011, 04:57 PM
The DC for Autumn Run is 0311 0240 0000 6028 7402.

Jungle Fever arrived yesterday and it is much prettier in person! I bought some black/grey varigated yarn to pair with some pink from my stash to represent FLAMINGOS! LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sakurapanda/misc/flamingo-fly.jpg

How is everyone else doing with their blankets? Should we start a couple of new ones or is everyone going to be busy for the holidays?

bugsyblacklab
11-15-2011, 08:30 PM
The DC for Autumn Run is 0311 0240 0000 6028 7402.

Jungle Fever arrived yesterday and it is much prettier in person! I bought some black/grey varigated yarn to pair with some pink from my stash to represent FLAMINGOS! LOL

How is everyone else doing with their blankets? Should we start a couple of new ones or is everyone going to be busy for the holidays?

Katie,

Love the flamingo idea ! :heart:
I have my yarn ready to start another snuggle, but my crappy shoulder is acting up, so I decided to let it rest a couple of days. :sad: I thought of another theme--Green Pastures, each section all green combined with a variagated to represent wild flowers. I noticed my skein of RHSS Tea Leaf next to a pretty stripe I got at Hobby Lobby and the idea just clicked. :figureditout: I should have something to post right after Thanksgiving. :thumbsup:

susauehl
11-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Katie,

Love the flamingo idea ! :heart:
I have my yarn ready to start another snuggle, but my crappy shoulder is acting up, so I decided to let it rest a couple of days. :sad: I thought of another theme--Green Pastures, each section all green combined with a variagated to represent wild flowers. I noticed my skein of RHSS Tea Leaf next to a pretty stripe I got at Hobby Lobby and the idea just clicked. :figureditout: I should have something to post right after Thanksgiving. :thumbsup:

Oh that's a great name! I was going to start one when Autunm Run returns to me. Any suggestions for names?I came up with Starry night, but I am bad at names .Have LOTS of yarn to use up. Didn't know if we should be thinking of a Christmas name. Let me know what you guys think!

sakura-panda
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM

That sounds awesome, Elizabeth! :inlove:

Who else would like to work on Green Pastures? :knitting: :)

sakura-panda
11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Oh that's a great name! I was going to start one when Autunm Run returns to me. Any suggestions for names?I came up with Starry night, but I am bad at names .Have LOTS of yarn to use up. Didn't know if we should be thinking of a Christmas name. Let me know what you guys think!

It should be there soon, Susan -- sorry it took so long to get it to you! I was so surprised when I saw it in my knitting basket when I thought it had already been sent out. I did take a picture of it and I should try to remember to post that too.

I think Starry Night is a fine name, but we can see if anyone else has some ideas. Do you have a color scheme in mind to start?

sakura-panda
11-16-2011, 08:31 PM
CivicSista seems to be MIA and glowyne has been holding onto Flower Path for the last month. :sad: I haven't finished a blanket yet, so I asked her to send it to me. (I hope you all don't mind that I swooped in on it without offering it up to the group first.)

It arrived today and it is very pretty -- I know just the colors I want to use on it!

I took a stab at Jungle Fever and finished a whole row! LOL It looks better than I expected. DD has dance tomorrow and I've gotten to where I'm comfortable with knitting while chatting with the other moms, so I'm planning to work on it for the 90 minutes that we're there. :thumbsup:

bugsyblacklab
11-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I think Starry Night is a fine name, but we can see if anyone else has some ideas. Do you have a color scheme in mind to start?

Starry Night sounds like a great name. :thumbsup: I can see different blues with gold, yellow or white yarns for stars. Like the Van Gogh painting shown here:

http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalog/Painting/508/Starry-Night.html

:muah:

susauehl
11-17-2011, 01:59 AM
Starry Night sounds like a great name. :thumbsup: I can see different blues with gold, yellow or white yarns for stars. Like the Van Gogh painting shown here:

http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalog/Painting/508/Starry-Night.html

Thanks!:heart: That is a great idea! I was going to start in with a navy blue and yellow. The colors you mentioned would be good.It was along the lines I was thinking. The picture makes it all come together!

susauehl
11-17-2011, 02:03 AM
It should be there soon, Susan -- sorry it took so long to get it to you! I was so surprised when I saw it in my knitting basket when I thought it had already been sent out. I did take a picture of it and I should try to remember to post that too.

Autumn Rume came today! It looks wonderful. I will post a photo when done.Thanks for the goodies, they will come in handy. Glad you picked up Flower Path also!:heart: It will be nice to see it when it is done.:happydance:

glowyone
11-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Glad to know it got there ok!

susauehl
11-18-2011, 02:05 AM
That sounds awesome, Elizabeth! :inlove:

Who else would like to work on Green Pastures? :knitting: :)

I would like to work on Green Pastures.
:heart:

sakura-panda
11-18-2011, 12:09 PM
I would like to work on Green Pastures.
:heart:

Awesome! :thumbsup:

It looks like I have:

Green Pastures:
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl

And we'll start signups for Starry Night as well (and I confess I thought of the Van Gogh series too so was wondering if that would be the inspiration for it.)

Anyone else want to sign up? :knitting:

susauehl
11-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Also Starry Night reminds of the song by Don McLean.

help center | e-mail options | report spam
susauehl has shared a video with you on YouTube:

Don McLean
Don McLean - Vincent ( Starry, Sarry Night) Withs Lyrics
Don McLean's Vincent (Starry,Starry Night) Almost all images created by Vincent Van- Gogh. Song by Don McLean I in no way assume any credit for song or images.
2011 YouTube, LLC
901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066

bugsyblacklab
11-18-2011, 07:21 PM

It looks like I have:

Green Pastures:
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl

And we'll start signups for Starry Night as well (and I confess I thought of the Van Gogh series too so was wondering if that would be the inspiration for it.)

I would love to work on Starry Night. :happydance:

calimama
11-20-2011, 01:53 PM

It looks like I have:

Green Pastures:
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl

If the timing can be worked out for me to get it after Christmas, I would love to work on Starry Night. But I totally understand if the timing won't work out.

sakura-panda
11-22-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm sure we can work out the timing to accomodate everyone. :)

Starry Night:
1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab
3. calimama (after Christmas)

Green Pastures:
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl

Still taking names! :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
11-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Also, I've finished Jungle Fever and it's ready to move on. :)

susauehl
11-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Starry Night sent to Elizabeth DC 0311 0240 0002 3620 2536. Should be there by Monday.

Susan

bugsyblacklab
11-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Susan,

Green Pastures is on its way to you. DC# 0311 0240 0002 1717 6481. ETA is Monday. :thumbsup:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/GreenPastures001-1.jpg

I used RHSS in color Tea Leaf combined with Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn in color Tangelo. I thought it looked like a spring meadow with Texas wildflowers.

Enjoy knitting on this snuggle!

Elizabeth :knitting:

susauehl
11-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Susan,

Green Pastures is on its way to you. DC# 0311 0240 0002 1717 6481. ETA is Monday. :thumbsup:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/GreenPastures001-1.jpg

I used RHSS in color Tea Leaf combined with Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn in color Tangelo. I thought it looked like a spring meadow with Texas wildflowers.

Enjoy knitting on this snuggle!

I like it! For some reason I couldn't get mine to post a photo! I have finished Autumn Run. I will try again tomorrow to see if I can get it to work!

sakura-panda
11-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I hope that everyone has been having a good holiday! We started shopping right after we left my mom's house on Thanksgiving and ended up staying up all night. :shock: It wasn't what we planned, but it worked out well since we have nearly all of our shopping done. I made a lot of progress on my oldest DS's scarf while standing in line at Toys R Us. (The only really long line that we had all weekend.)

Green Pastures looks beautiful! :inlove:

I bought some yarn for Flower Path and will be getting back to that this week.

We are looking for more knitters for our newest snuggles too:

Starry Night:
1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab

Green Pastures:
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl

I'll take the third spot on both snuggles; then Starry Night will be ready to send to calimama after Christmas. We still need one knitter on Starry Night and two knitters for Green Pastures. :knitting:

susauehl
11-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Green Pastures came today.Pretty colors! Thanks for the goodies! They will be well used!

Susan:knitting:

bugsyblacklab
11-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Starry Night has arrived. Thank you so much, Susan, for the recipe book. :heart: It's got some yummy looking recipes in it--want to try several. :thumbsup:

Elizabeth

susauehl
11-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Hi Everyone! Autumn Run is finished, but for some reason Icannot get the photo to tatach.We tried for quite awhile (DH DD) and followed the instructions, but just kept saying it failed. Sorry! I finished in a brown and a verageted color with blues and browns. It will be donated to the Idaho Humane Society here in Boise.

Thank you everyone who helped on this blanket!

Jan in CA
11-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Hi Everyone! Autumn Run is finished, but for some reason Icannot get the photo to tatach.We tried for quite awhile (DH DD) and followed the instructions, but just kept saying it failed.

Attachments aren't working right now, but you can embed using a site like Flickr or Picasa.

susauehl
11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6425427403_ae8ee921fc_m.jpg

Thank you Jan! I got it to work!

mspwrz
11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
I have not participated in quite a while but I would be willing to knit on the Snuggles again. Sign me up on one where there is the most need.

sgtpam
11-30-2011, 10:01 PM
I have not participated in quite a while but I would be willing to knit on the Snuggles again. Sign me up on one where there is the most need.

Welcome back!:hug:

sakura-panda
12-01-2011, 11:13 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6425427403_ae8ee921fc_m.jpg

Thank you Jan! I got it to work!

So pretty! :inlove: Thanks for sharing!

sakura-panda
12-01-2011, 11:22 AM

Welcome! :thumbsup:

We are looking for knitters on two snuggles:

Starry Night (started with navy blue and yellow):
1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab

Green Pastures (green combined with a variagated to represent wild flowers):
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl

If you are interested in finishing and donating, I can put you at the end of Starry Night, otherwise we have equal need on both of these snuggles. Thanks!

susauehl
12-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Green Pastures is ready to move. Could you please PM me the name and address of the next person?

Thanks,
Susan

sakura-panda
12-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Green Pastures is ready to move. Could you please PM me the name and address of the next person?

Thanks,
Susan

I'm going to check and see if mspwrz is interested and I'll let you know as soon as I can; I'm willing to work on it, but we still need one or two more volunteers for it.

sakura-panda
12-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Does is usually slow down this much for Christmas? :?? I'm not actually surprised because I know a lot of people knit gifts and have a lot of activities going on, but it does seem spectacularly quiet even for that. :pout:

Still looking for knitters for two snuggles; I almost have the needles for another snuggle, but am waiting to bind off since I want to donate the snuggle the last week in December and it doesn't seem like we are ready to start signups for new one until then either. :)

In the meantime, the two snuggles looking for knitters are:

1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab

Green Pastures (green combined with a variagated to represent wild flowers):
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl
3. sakurapanda

Susan, go ahead and send Green Pastures to me as I have not yet heard back from mspwrz. :sad:

bugsyblacklab
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Does is usually slow down this much for Christmas? :??
1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab

I think everything has slowed down for Christmas. The Oddball Baby Blanket Group is really slow now, too! I have been taking my sweet time with Starry Night because Calimama does not want it until after Christmas. :thumbsup: But if someone wants to jump in next, I can finish my last few rows and send it on.
I have two new snuggles planned for after New Years when everyone has caught their collective breaths. :happydance: I have the needles for one and will find another set or buy another with a money-off-coupon. Also have the yarn for both. :yay: Look for an announcement about the second week of January. :wink:

Till then, I hope everyone has a Wonderful Holiday and a really Happy New Year! :muah:

susauehl
12-10-2011, 01:20 AM
You probably are right on the slow down. Just wish we could get more people involved for this cause!! I know I have been doing few knitted gifts for Christmas, but it is nice to have a change. I will get Green Pastures off to you sometime next week.:hug:

Susan

sgtpam
12-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Also, I've finished Jungle Fever and it's ready to move on. :)

I got Jungle Fever this week...thanks for the goodies. I do like the bag; but, I'll keep the bonus pad, too:teehee:

susauehl
12-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Green Pastures on its way! DC 0311 0240 0002 3620 4059. Should be there on Saturday.

I used sage for green fields and gold for wheat fields!

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

sakura-panda
12-16-2011, 10:54 AM
I just realized that I keep reading, but I'm not posting anything back. :eyes:

Take your time on Starry Night, Elizabeth, as we are still looking for knitters to take it after Calimama. I'm still sitting on Flower Path myself -- it only needs to be bound off but this cold weather has me wanting to finish DS's scarf first and I'm not donating it until the end of the month, when I'm off work for a week, so I figure it's okay to wait.

LOL to the bag and paper pad, Pam -- I'm glad you like them! :thumbsup: Don't forget to let us know how Jungle Fever turns out!

I downloaded my camera photos over the weekend and have at least two snuggles that I still want to share but didn't have time to edit them. At this rate they'll be well on their way to their new homes before I post the in-progress pictures!

I'm looking forward to getting Green Pastures -- I'll be eagerly watching for the mail tomorrow -- and which still needs additional knitters, if anyone is interested. :knitting:

sakura-panda
12-19-2011, 11:28 AM
I got Green Pastures on Saturday, just like you promised, Susan! ;) Thank you for the adorable paper and the the beautiful soap!

The snuggle is so pretty and I think I want to use one of the yarns that are still on the needles on Flower Path. Not sure though, because that means I won't need to buy any new yarn. :teehee:

I don't think I'll get to working on it this week -- it's my last work week and my DS's scarf is nearly complete, except for the little bit of yarn in the bucket that I keep thinking I might as well use up. (Then I decide it's long enough after all, until I look at what's left to use up and figure I can do a few more rows -- it's a bit of a cycle. :eyes: In the meantime, today is 40 plus degrees F and I don't feel bad about not having it ready for him.)

Here's what I think we have -- let me know if I'm missing any -- would love more volunteers and if you can't commit right now because of the holidays, we can hold them until you are ready.

Flower Path
1.Shandeh
2.calimama
3.susauehl
4.glowyone
5.sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)

Cloud Nine (Cotton)
1.Shandeh
2.Shandeh (<-- Currently knitting!)
3.bugsyblacklab
4.susauehl
5.sakura-panda

Jungle Fever
1.calimama
2.susauehl
3.bugsyblacklab
4.sakura-panda
5.sgtpam (<-- Currently knitting!)

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl
3.sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab (<-- Currently knitting!)
3.calimama (after Christmas)

(There is also another snuggle called Patriotic Pets, but as far as I know that one hasn't left the original knitter.)

We are still looking for volunteers for the last four sections of Green Pastures and Starry Night. I can do a second section on Green Pastures if someone else wants to finish it. :shrug:

bunny9244
12-24-2011, 05:18 AM
I got Green Pastures on Saturday, just like you promised, Susan! ;) Thank you for the adorable paper and the the beautiful soap!

The snuggle is so pretty and I think I want to use one of the yarns that are still on the needles on Flower Path. Not sure though, because that means I won't need to buy any new yarn. :teehee:

I don't think I'll get to working on it this week -- it's my last work week and my DS's scarf is nearly complete, except for the little bit of yarn in the bucket that I keep thinking I might as well use up. (Then I decide it's long enough after all, until I look at what's left to use up and figure I can do a few more rows -- it's a bit of a cycle. :eyes: In the meantime, today is 40 plus degrees F and I don't feel bad about not having it ready for him.)

Here's what I think we have -- let me know if I'm missing any -- would love more volunteers and if you can't commit right now because of the holidays, we can hold them until you are ready.

Flower Path
1.Shandeh
2.calimama
3.susauehl
4.glowyone
5.sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)

Cloud Nine (Cotton)
1.Shandeh
3.bugsyblacklab
4.susauehl
5.sakura-panda

Jungle Fever
1.calimama
2.susauehl
3.bugsyblacklab
4.sakura-panda

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab (<-- Currently knitting!)
3.calimama (after Christmas)

(There is also another snuggle called Patriotic Pets, but as far as I know that one hasn't left the original knitter.)

We are still looking for volunteers for the last four sections of Green Pastures and Starry Night. I can do a second section on Green Pastures if someone else wants to finish it. :shrug:

I am new here and just found this yesterday. I would be happy to help with either Green Pastures or Starry Night. Which ever one is ready first. I am in Delaware if that makes a difference with shipping.

susauehl
12-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone one! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

bunny9244
12-25-2011, 05:58 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone one! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Merry Christmas!

Chelsea716Knits
12-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Hello!! I want to be a knitter for one of these blankets...
I would LOVE to do the Green pastures... I have so much extra green yarn!! I don't know what size of yarn is going to be used though... I am down here in Mexico, but not for long! I live in Canada, so there may be some time for it to be shipped!!

Shandeh
12-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Hi Chelsea!
I'm not the group leader, but I am the one who started the Oddball projects in the very beginning.

We cannot ship blankets back and forth between Canada and US, because the shipping is too high, and the blankets get lost too easily.

But, there IS a Canadian Oddball Blanket group that makes baby blankets for hospitals up there.

Here is their Ravelry group: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/western-canada-obb-society

Chelsea716Knits
12-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Ok, I will check that out, I looked for the one for Canada and couldn't find it. Thanks for sending me the link!!

-Chelsea

cheley
01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Ok, I will check that out, I looked for the one for Canada and couldn't find it. Thanks for sending me the link!!

-ChelseaHi all..and Happy New Year:clink: I have completed all my needle work commitments and ready to join in on the blankets...I visited our local APL ( within walking distance of me) and I was very surprised at how "chilly" it was in there..but let's face it, it's better there than 20 below zero...So here's my commitment, if anyone would like to send me there project, I will finish and hand deliver to Friendship APL, here in Elyria, Ohio..I did work on pet snuggles awhile back...So pm me I will forward my address on to you:hug:

cheley
01-02-2012, 10:23 AM

-Chelsea Hi and Thanks sent you a message!

sakura-panda
01-02-2012, 11:58 PM
I am new here and just found this yesterday. I would be happy to help with either Green Pastures or Starry Night. Which ever one is ready first. I am in Delaware if that makes a difference with shipping.

Sorry that I have not been around; it's been a crazy busy week and I haven't even turned on a computer for the last ten days!

Thank you so much for offering to knit with us! We would love to have you! I'm not sure where all the blankets are right now; the last I heard is that I have Green Pastures and bugsyblacklab has Starry Night. I would be happy to add you to either!

Would you like to finish a blanket and donate it or would you prefer to be in the middle? :knitting:

sakura-panda
01-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi Chelsea!
I'm not the group leader, but I am the one who started the Oddball projects in the very beginning.

We cannot ship blankets back and forth between Canada and US, because the shipping is too high, and the blankets get lost too easily.

But, there IS a Canadian Oddball Blanket group that makes baby blankets for hospitals up there.

Here is their Ravelry group: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/western-canada-obb-society

Thanks for stepping up for me, Sandy! I did not know all of that and I really appreciate having you answer. :thumbsup:

susauehl
01-03-2012, 01:27 AM

Welcome! Nice to have more people interested for a good cause!:knitting:

susauehl
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Ready to do some knitting!! Have you heard anything on Cloud Nine? Just wondering! :-)

Shandeh
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Ready to do some knitting!! Have you heard anything on Cloud Nine? Just wondering! :-)

It's ready to mail! I just need to make myself leave the house and drive to the post office. I have been so lazy lately! :help:

bugsyblacklab
01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Calimama, Starry Night is on its way to you. DC# 0311 2550 0000 1867 1374. :woohoo:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/004.jpg

I did my section in RHSS white, shaded dusk, and country blue.

Elizabeth aka Bugsyblacklab :knitting:

susauehl
01-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Calimama, Starry Night is on its way to you. DC# 0311 2550 0000 1867 1374. :woohoo:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/004.jpg

I did my section in RHSS white, shaded dusk, and country blue.

Elizabeth aka Bugsyblacklab :knitting:

LIKE THE COLORS, ELIZABETH! THANKS FOR POSTING A PHOTO.

SUSAN:heart:

sakura-panda
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Sandy was kind enough to add me to the Oddball Pet Snuggles blog and I am planning to post photos of our snuggles there. I am thinking to include both finished and work in progress photos. It might be nice to see them growing in one place without having to scroll through a bunch of posts. What do you all think?

Starry Night looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update on Cloud 9, Sandy! :)

I finished weaving in the ends on Flower Path last night and will be dropping it off at the shelter this weekend. :happydance: I'll post lots of photos with the update. I had just a tiny bit of yarn left of one of the colors and crocheted a little round coaster-like toy for my cat with it it. :)

I am still sitting on Green Pastures -- I have my yarn picked out and just need to hop to it! :teehee:

I also have an empty set of needles that I think I'm going to use navy (Red Heart Super Saver Soft Navy) and a navy/brown/taupe varigated (Vanna's Choice Mountain Print), if anyone is interested. :)

Tentative name: Blueberry Chocolate :teehee: My naming skills haven't gotten any better with the new year and I'd love to hear other suggestions.

bugsyblacklab
01-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I also have an empty set of needles that I think I'm going to use navy (Red Heart Super Saver Soft Navy) and a navy/brown/taupe varigated (Vanna's Choice Mountain Print), if anyone is interested. :)

Tentative name: Blueberry Chocolate :teehee: My naming skills haven't gotten any better with the new year and I'd love to hear other suggestions.

Blueberry Chocolate sounds yummy! :thumbsup: I will take a spot on it. I love the idea of being able to see all the snuggles in one spot on the blog. That way everyone, including the newbies, can see what we are all about. :heart: :knitting:

susauehl
01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I would take a spot on Blueberry Chocolate. The Blog sounds good. Just let me know step by step how to get to it, then I can bookmark it:happydance:

Susan

sakura-panda
01-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I made up a collage of pictures of my cats when I first got them from the shelter and how they look like today:

http://www.kindredcreations.com/kcgallery/albums/userpics/15525/CatCollageV1.jpg

I thought the upper left hand corner seemed a little empty, so I decided to add a caption/title to it.

http://www.kindredcreations.com/kcgallery/albums/userpics/15525/CatCollageV2.jpg

Doesn't it look better with the caption? :teehee: I digital scrapbook and wasn't able to stop at just the title, although I did resist doing a lot more to it.

Anyway, here's how Flower Path turned out:

http://khsnuggles.sakurapanda.fastmail.fm/Jan2012_FlowerPath.jpg

I'm hoping to go to the shelter later today (Adopt a Pet in Fenton, Michigan) to drop off the snuggle and the photo.

sakura-panda
01-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I'll try to get some photos up on the blog this weekend. :) If anyone wants to send me one, let me know and I'll give you my email to send them to me.

Here is the updated snuggle list. We are still seeking knitters for Starry Night, Green Pastures, and the new Blueberry Chocolate:

Cloud Nine (Cotton)
1.Shandeh
3.bugsyblacklab
4.susauehl
5.sakura-panda

Jungle Fever
1.calimama
2.susauehl
3.bugsyblacklab
4.sakura-panda

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab
3.calimama (<-- Currently knitting!)

Blueberry Chocolate
1. sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)
2. bugsyblacklab
3. susauehl

calimama
01-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Starry Night arrived today -- thanks for the stickies!

calimama
01-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I'd be happy to take a spot on Blueberry Chocolate -- I was just thinking it'd be nice to do a blue and brown blanket, so your post seemed like a sign :)

cheley
01-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I'll try to get some photos up on the blog this weekend. :) If anyone wants to send me one, let me know and I'll give you my email to send them to me.

Here is the updated snuggle list. We are still seeking knitters for Starry Night, Green Pastures, and the new Blueberry Chocolate:

Cloud Nine (Cotton)
1.Shandeh
3.bugsyblacklab
4.susauehl
5.sakura-panda

Jungle Fever
1.calimama
2.susauehl
3.bugsyblacklab
4.sakura-panda

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab

Blueberry Chocolate
2. bugsyblacklab
3. susauehl
Ummm, I posted a few weeks back that I CAN join in, maybe you might want to read my post...Please let me know, as I have not made any commitments (needle work) pending a response here:hug:

susauehl
01-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Maybe pm sakura-panda and see if she responds. She is good about responding! You can sign up for any blanket and send your info to her.

Susan

sakura-panda
01-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi all..and Happy New Year:clink: I have completed all my needle work commitments and ready to join in on the blankets...I visited our local APL ( within walking distance of me) and I was very surprised at how "chilly" it was in there..but let's face it, it's better there than 20 below zero...So here's my commitment, if anyone would like to send me there project, I will finish and hand deliver to Friendship APL, here in Elyria, Ohio..I did work on pet snuggles awhile back...So pm me I will forward my address on to you:hug:

Ummm, I posted a few weeks back that I CAN join in, maybe you might want to read my post...Please let me know, as I have not made any commitments (needle work) pending a response here:hug:

I apologize; I thought you were making a general shout-out to anyone that had blankets but no place to donate them -- I didn't realize that you were volunteering to knit as well. :oops:

If you would like to knit with us, please let me know which blanket you want to work on and I will add you to the list.

We currently have three blankets that are need of volunteer knitters. If you are interested in donating (and starting a new snuggle for us) let me know that too and I will put you down at the end to finish.

Thanks so much for offering to help! I'm sorry I misunderstood your original post.

sakura-panda
01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
DH took down the internet -- we have been doing some remodeling in the basement, which required moving my computer desk, and I found out what he has been doing whenever we add a new device onto our network! :shock: (It wasn't pretty. ;)) I had him move the boxes to the unfinished side of the wall where he has better access to them and he has run into a snag that affects two of our computers, including the laptop in my bedroom where I store my photos. So, no internet access over the weekend. :( Hopefully he'll get that fixed over the next week and I'll put some new photos on the blog.

I did take Flower Path to the shelter this weekend -- it seems that Sunday is their busiest day! But I was able to talk to one of the workers. I remembered him from when we adopted our cats, and he remembered my kitties too! In fact, the grey kitty had been part of a pair named they named Thelma and Louise, but when we went to adopt, Louise was already taken -- he told me that he had been talking about the pair recently.

Anyway, he seemed to be both surprised and grateful when I pulled the blanket out for him. He took me to the clinical area where they have some kittens who were recently rescued and told me that was where he was going to put the blanket. (They separate new arrivals for a few days to give them a chance to get used to people and aclimated with their surroundings. It was certainly a lot quieter back there.) It was so nice of him to take that time (when they were so busy) to show me! I only wish I had taken my camera in with me; there were so many cars when we pulled in that I thought it wouldn't be worth dragging it along.

sakura-panda
01-09-2012, 11:01 AM
I'd be happy to take a spot on Blueberry Chocolate -- I was just thinking it'd be nice to do a blue and brown blanket, so your post seemed like a sign :)

Got you down -- thanks! :thumbsup:

Cloud Nine (Cotton)
1.Shandeh
3.bugsyblacklab
4.susauehl
5.sakura-panda

Jungle Fever
1.calimama
2.susauehl
3.bugsyblacklab
4.sakura-panda

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab

Blueberry Chocolate
2. bugsyblacklab
3. susauehl
4. calimama

jimicobain
01-10-2012, 01:14 AM
hi I'm new to this group and would like to help. How can I get started? Jimicobain (Gail Johnson)

sakura-panda
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
hi I'm new to this group and would like to help. How can I get started? Jimicobain (Gail Johnson)

Welcome to the group! I'm sending you a PM. :)

cheley
01-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Welcome to the group! I'm sending you a PM. :)..Replied to your message>

susauehl
01-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the new knitters! Glad you joined.:hug:

bugsyblacklab
01-16-2012, 12:45 AM
It's ready to mail! I just need to make myself leave the house and drive to the post office. I have been so lazy lately! :help:

Shandeh, :heart: I received Cloud Nine Saturday. :woohoo: Thanks so much for all the goodies you enclosed. The White Tea/Raspberry drink mix is delicious! :clink: I haven't decided what colors to use for my section yet, but when I finish, I will post a progress picture. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
01-16-2012, 02:05 AM
Shandeh, :heart: I received Cloud Nine Saturday. :woohoo: Thanks so much for all the goodies you enclosed. The White Tea/Raspberry drink mix is delicious! :clink: I haven't decided what colors to use for my section yet, but when I finish, I will post a progress picture. :thumbsup:

So glad you got it! Enjoy. :hug:

calimama
01-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Does Starry Night have a knitter signed up to be next? I'm ready to send it on its way...

Got you down -- thanks! :thumbsup:

Cloud Nine (Cotton)
1.Shandeh
3.bugsyblacklab
4.susauehl
5.sakura-panda

Jungle Fever
1.calimama
2.susauehl
3.bugsyblacklab
4.sakura-panda

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab

Blueberry Chocolate
2. bugsyblacklab
3. susauehl
4. calimama

sakura-panda
01-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Starry Night and Green Pastures both still need two more knitters. Cheley has also offered to finish off a blanket for us, so if someone takes the fourth spot on one of these, I'll add her to the end.

Anyone interested? We also have one more opening on Blueberry Chocolate, and if someone wants to sign up but not finish, I can juggle the names around.

:knitting:

sakura-panda
01-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I am nearly finished with Green Pastures -- if not tonight, then definitely tomorrow night -- and I am looking for someone to work on it next. :knitting:

Open blankets:

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab

Blueberry Chocolate
2. bugsyblacklab
3. susauehl
4. calimama

calimama
01-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Do you want to just swap? I'll send you Starry Night, and you can send Green Pastures for me to do the 4th section?

sakura-panda
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Do you want to just swap? I'll send you Starry Night, and you can send Green Pastures for me to do the 4th section?

LOL Sounds like a good plan to me! :thumbsup:

Moonbunny
01-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi,
I'm new here, I'm Moonbunny on Ravelry which is how I got to here. I love knitting Snuggles and would be happy to do Blueberry Chocolate if someone would let me know the guidelines and requirements for the blankets. Really love this idea!

sakura-panda
01-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi,
I'm new here, I'm Moonbunny on Ravelry which is how I got to here. I love knitting Snuggles and would be happy to do Blueberry Chocolate if someone would let me know the guidelines and requirements for the blankets. Really love this idea!

Welcome! :waving: I sent you a PM.

Moonbunny
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
I would love to join you in knitting snuggles. I received your pm, but the site won't let me pm you back until I have 2 posts since I'm new. I'll try pm'ing back now.

Thanks!

susauehl
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
If you need a last knitter I can finish it since started it. Then I will donated here again. Whatever works for you!:hug:

sakura-panda
01-20-2012, 11:33 AM
If you need a last knitter I can finish it since started it. Then I will donated here again. Whatever works for you!:hug:

Thanks, Susan -- I think I'll take you up on that! Cheley can finish Green Pastures for us and Moonbunny finishes out Blueberry Chocolate. Yay! :)

I think I've got my list (http://sakurapanda.fastmail.fm/OddballPetList.htm) updated correctly now. Next is to get some of these finished blankets posted onto the blog (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/)! :thumbsup:

Green Pastures
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl
3. sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)
4. calimama
5. cheley

Starry Night
1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab
3. calimama (<-- Currently knitting!)
4. sakura-panda
5. susauehl

Blueberry Chocolate
2. bugsyblacklab
3. moonbunny
4. susauehl
5. calimama

cheley
01-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks, Susan -- I think I'll take you up on that! Cheley can finish Green Pastures for us and Moonbunny finishes out Blueberry Chocolate. Yay! :)

I think I've got my list (http://sakurapanda.fastmail.fm/OddballPetList.htm) updated correctly now. Next is to get some of these finished blankets posted onto the blog (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/)! :thumbsup:

Green Pastures
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl
3. sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)
4. calimama
5. cheley

Starry Night
1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab
4. sakura-panda
5. susauehl

Blueberry Chocolate
2. bugsyblacklab
3. moonbunny
4. susauehl
5. calimama
Hi, needles are ready...Just send it on!!!! Do you like pics upon completion? Or when I donate to the shelter? Or both?

susauehl
01-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi, needles are ready...Just send it on!!!! Do you like pics upon completion? Or when I donate to the shelter? Or both?
To Sakura-Panda
That works out just fine for me. Then I can start another if you like.:heart:

sakura-panda
01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
To Sakura-Panda
That works out just fine for me. Then I can start another if you like.:heart:

Awesome, Susan -- thanks! :thumbsup:

(I thought I replied to this days ago -- I guess I forgot to actually submit it. :?? )

I have been working on Blueberry Chocolate and that should be ready to go out soon. I've sent on Green Pastures and just received Starry Night (thanks for the goodies! :inlove: )

Green Pastures
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl
3. sakura-panda
4. calimama (<-- Currently knitting!)
5. cheley

Starry Night
1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab
3. calimama
4. sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)
5. susauehl

Blueberry Chocolate
2. bugsyblacklab
3. moonbunny
4. susauehl
5. calimama

We love all pictures! :yay:

In fact, I have some in progress photos on my camera that I need to download and post. :oops:

sakura-panda
01-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Autumn Run has already had the completed blanket posted, so I won't post my in-progress photo of that one.

Here is my portion of Jungle Fever -- I wonder if that one ever got finished?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7025/6772183897_93352107d5_z.jpg

I used I Love This Yarn in Soft Pink and Vanna's Choice in Charcoal Print.

sakura-panda
01-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Blueberry Chocolate is ready to move on! I've been lazy and haven't packaged it, but other than that it is ready to go! I have been working on Starry Night and it is coming along nicely, I think.

How are the rest of you doing? I count at least three sets of needles out there that I'm wondering how they are progressing! :) (Jungle Fever, Cloud Nine and Green Meadows.)

bugsyblacklab
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/bugsy2/PinkPetunia002-1.jpg

Cloud Nine is on it's way to Susan in Idaho. :muah: I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton in color Tuscany for my section. Please remember, this is an all-cotton snuggle. :thumbsup:

susauehl
02-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Received Cloud Nine yesterday. Love the colors!:thumbsup: Thank you for the patterns!
Will post photo when done.

susauehl
02-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Cloud Nine is ready to move on. Can you pm the address of the next person, please?

Thanks,

sakura-panda
02-05-2012, 08:58 AM
That was quick! :thumbsup:

The next one is me and I'll pm my address to you. Thanks!

calimama
02-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Green Pastures is looking good. Hoping to finish my section this week.

susauehl
02-06-2012, 02:00 AM

sakura-panda
02-06-2012, 12:50 PM

Looks great! I can't wait to see it! :yay:

susauehl
02-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Cloud Nine on its way to Katie! DC 0311 0240 0002 3620 3885
Should be there 2/10/12.

bugsyblacklab
02-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Blueberry Chocolate is ready to move on! I've been lazy and haven't packaged it, but other than that it is ready to go! I have been working on Starry Night and it is coming along nicely, I think.

Katie, :muah:
I received Blueberry Chocolate in the mail today. I have already picked the blue variegated I want to use--just need to find a milk chocolate color to go with it. :thumbsup: Thanks so much for the tin of mints--I love those things--put it right into my purse! :teehee:

sakura-panda
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Cloud Nine on its way to Katie! DC 0311 0240 0002 3620 3885
Should be there 2/10/12.

Yay! Can't wait! :happydance:

Katie, :muah:
I received Blueberry Chocolate in the mail today. I have already picked the blue variegated I want to use--just need to find a milk chocolate color to go with it. :thumbsup: Thanks so much for the tin of mints--I love those things--put it right into my purse! :teehee:

I'm glad it arrived safely. That sounds like a great color combination! :knitting:

sakura-panda
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Cloud Nine arrived yesterday! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the goodies -- they made me LOL! :teehee:

susauehl
02-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Glad it made it to you!!

susauehl
02-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Haven't seen any posts lately on where the blankets are!:shrug:

sakura-panda
02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Green Pastures
1. bugsyblacklab
2. susauehl
3. sakura-panda
4. calimama (<-- Currently knitting!)
5. cheley

Starry Night
1. susauehl
2. bugsyblacklab
3. calimama
4. sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)
5. susauehl

Blueberry Chocolate
2. bugsyblacklab
3. moonbunny
4. susauehl
5. calimama

I'm all mixed up. :blush: I've got so much going on that I'm not tracking things properly. I was keeping a list offline, but I haven't had a chance to update it in the past several weeks.

I have sent Blueberry Chocolate on to bugsyblacklab. I took a picture and uploaded it to my Amazon Cloud drive and now it has been blocked at work. :doh: I have been using it from here so I guess that is a recent change. I have pictures of Green Pastures on there too.

I finished Starry Night and am sitting on it -- I thought it was going to cheley, and have gotten her address, but I see now that it is supposed to go back to susauehl. It's a good thing I haven't sent it yet.

Many apologies to cheley and susauehl and I will get that blanket out in the mail tomorrow.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7038/6777404106_9a4c8ca772.jpg

I used Red Heart Super Saver Soft Navy and Vanna's Choice Charcoal Print.

I have Cloud Nine to finish; I have lots of uncoordinating multi-color yarn and would like to get a nice white or ecru for the second color. Just haven't gotten to it.

I think that's all of the ones I've been sitting on. :knitting:

How is everyone else doing? :waving:

susauehl
03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I received Starry Night on Tuesday. Thank you for the goodies! This blanket will be donated to the Idaho Humane Society in Boise, Idaho. Thank you everyone who worked on it!:heart:

sakura-panda
03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
That looks great, Susan! Thanks for sharing! :yay:

Two more pictures from me:

Green Meadows:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7047/6801120188_9b7d4a0a8b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cherryblossompanda/6801120188/)

Vanna's Choice in Olive Green and Loops and Threads in Folklore. (I think that was the name.)

Blueberry Chocolate:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7036/6801120222_c120dc6fe4.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/cherryblossompanda/6801120222/)

Red Heart Super Saver in Soft Navy and Vanna's Choice in Mountain Print.

I was not able to find any cotton yarn at Michael's so I went home and checked my yarn "trunk". I found a great match inside of there -- Bernat Handicrafter in a varigated blue/green and Bernat Cottontots in a soft green that matched! So that's what ended up using for Cloud Nine -- I only have a few more rows to go. It went a lot easier than I expected it to and I'm surprised that I had such a hangup about cotton. It must have been because of the netting that I normally use with it. :teehee:

Is there any interest in working on another blanket? Susan and I will both have empty needles here shortly -- I'd like to start a list to make sure we have enough knitters before either of us casts on. :knitting:

bugsyblacklab
03-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Moonbunny,

I posted Blueberry Chocolate today. :cheering: After it was packaged, taped up and ready to go, I realized that I had not taken a picture of it-- :doh: senior moment, :wall: I guess. I used RHSS in color Blue Tones and White for the blueberries and white chocolate. Looks yummy. :heart: The DC# is 0311 2550 0000 1863 6212. Should be there the 6th.

Please post a picture for us when you have completed your section. :thumbsup:

cheley
03-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Moonbunny,

I posted Blueberry Chocolate today. :cheering: After it was packaged, taped up and ready to go, I realized that I had not taken a picture of it-- :doh: senior moment, :wall: I guess. I used RHSS in color Blue Tones and White for the blueberries and white chocolate. Looks yummy. :heart: The DC# is 0311 2550 0000 1863 6212. Should be there the 6th.

Please post a picture for us when you have completed your section. :thumbsup:

Elizabeth :knitting: Hi all..I rec'd Green Pastures today!!!! I will complete and deliver promptly (and photograph)...Thank you to the lovely sender for the awesome bookmarks...:hug: Again, any snuggles that you need finished and delivered (to our local APL see previous posts)..please send on

calimama
03-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Wow, that got there fast! Glad you like the bookmarks.

calimama
03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd be interested in working on another one if more get started.

ZoseyPosey
03-06-2012, 12:33 PM
I've never participated before, but count me in whenever the next blanket gets started. :)

sakura-panda
03-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi all..I rec'd Green Pastures today!!!! I will complete and deliver promptly (and photograph)...Thank you to the lovely sender for the awesome bookmarks...:hug: Again, any snuggles that you need finished and delivered (to our local APL see previous posts)..please send on

I'd be interested in working on another one if more get started.

I've never participated before, but count me in whenever the next blanket gets started. :)

Who has needles from donating and wants to start the next snuggle? :knitting:

susauehl
03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I have my size 11 needles empty and waiting to start another Pet Snuggle!! How about one called Spring Break? It will be ready to send by Monday March 12th.

Susan

sakura-panda
03-07-2012, 01:26 PM
I have my size 11 needles empty and waiting to start another Pet Snuggle!! How about one called Spring Break? It will be ready to send by Monday March 12th.

Susan

Sounds great, Susan! :thumbsup:

Who wants to help out with Spring Break? :knitting:

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl

sakura-panda
03-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Finished Cloud Nine and I think it looks fantastic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sakurapanda/CameraPhotos/2012-03-07063224.jpg

I used Bernat Handicrafter in Meadow and Bernat Cottentot in Sweet Green.

I was going to use the Handicrafter with a white or ecru, but when I went to Michael's, I couldn't find any worsted weight solid cotton except for Cottontot and wasn't sure about the wavy yarn. So I didn't get any and instead checked my trunk when I got home. What a pleasant surprise to find that I already had several skeins of Cottontot that were a perfect match. :yay:

I will be donating the blanket to Adopt A Pet in Fenton, Michigan.

Moonbunny
03-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I received Blueberry Chocolate and went to JoAnn's to get some yarn for it. I couldn't find the blue/brown skein in my stash that I was going to use, but found some great yarn at the store. Thank you for the cute notepads and calendar. My dd has already disappeared with one of the mini notebooks.
I'll take a picture after I finish my section.

ZoseyPosey
03-08-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll join in on Spring Break! :woot:

calimama
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
Sign me up for Spring Break!

bugsyblacklab
03-08-2012, 05:06 PM

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl

You can sign me up for a spot.

Elizabeth :cheering:

cheley
03-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Finished Cloud Nine and I think it looks fantastic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sakurapanda/CameraPhotos/2012-03-07063224.jpg

I used Bernat Handicrafter in Meadow and Bernat Cottentot in Sweet Green.

I was going to use the Handicrafter with a white or ecru, but when I went to Michael's, I couldn't find any worsted weight solid cotton except for Cottontot and wasn't sure about the wavy yarn. So I didn't get any and instead checked my trunk when I got home. What a pleasant surprise to find that I already had several skeins of Cottontot that were a perfect match. :yay:

I will be donating the blanket to Adopt A Pet in Fenton, Michigan. Hi, I am deligently working on Green Pastures, should be complete and delivered in a few days...Would you like me to co another and return to you? Or do you want just the needles back? I was thinking of a some "vibrant" colors to start, with "Dragonfly" in mind.....reason being, the ferals out here by me looove to catch (and yes devour dragonflies:shock: ..yay not a pretty site, but they must be delish)!!! So just let me know..I will watch for your post!

sakura-panda
03-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Hi, I am deligently working on Green Pastures, should be complete and delivered in a few days...Would you like me to co another and return to you? Or do you want just the needles back? I was thinking of a some "vibrant" colors to start, with "Dragonfly" in mind.....reason being, the ferals out here by me looove to catch (and yes devour dragonflies:shock: ..yay not a pretty site, but they must be delish)!!! So just let me know..I will watch for your post!

It would be awesome if you could start a new blanket for us -- a dragonfly-inspired blanket sounds very cool! :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Here's what I have so far for Spring Break:

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. calimama
4. Elizabeth/bugsyblacklab

Zosey and calimama -- are either of you interested in finishing and donating this blanket? I can move you to the end if you are, or leave it as is if you are not. Just askin'. ;)

Moonbunny
03-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I would be happy to take the spot on Spring Break!

ZoseyPosey
03-10-2012, 06:32 PM
I think I'll stay where I am for now. Maybe on a future snuggle I'll do the finishing/donating. :)

sakura-panda
03-12-2012, 09:18 AM
I think I'll stay where I am for now. Maybe on a future snuggle I'll do the finishing/donating. :)

Great! Just let me know when you're ready! :thumbsup: I'll have Susan send you the Spring Break snuggle blanket next.

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. calimama
5. Moonbunny

Moonbunny -- would you like to finish and donate or would you prefer to be in the middle somewhere? :knitting:

susauehl
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM

Spring Fever is on its way to Kathleen in Virgina. DC is 0311 2250 0002 4055 9624. My vision for this blanket is anything that reminds you of spring! I think of spring break and water! So both yarns were called ocean.:heart:

Have fun!

sakura-panda
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Looks great! :thumbsup: Thanks for the update!

calimama
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Great! Just let me know when you're ready! :thumbsup: I'll have Susan send you the Spring Break snuggle blanket next.

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. calimama
5. Moonbunny

Moonbunny -- would you like to finish and donate or would you prefer to be in the middle somewhere? :knitting:
I'd be happy to finish & donate if Moonbunny prefers not to. I'd also be happy to start another snuggle if we're ready at that point...

susauehl
03-14-2012, 12:56 AM
OOPS:blush:

I have been calling the new blanket I started Spring Fever and forgot it is Spring Break. Oh well all the same!

Moonbunny
03-14-2012, 01:59 PM

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. calimama
5. Moonbunny

I don't mind finishing and donating it to a wonderful shelter that helped my father find a great dog for him and then starting a new Snuggle blanket. Whatever you want me to do is fine with me.

calimama
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't mind finishing and donating it to a wonderful shelter that helped my father find a great dog for him and then starting a new Snuggle blanket. Whatever you want me to do is fine with me.
Great - looks like the order for Spring Break is good as-is!

ZoseyPosey
03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Spring break/fever is here! Time to go yarn shopping...yay! AND the bf can't complain since it's for a good cause. ;)

Thanks for the little notebook and mints, Susan! I love owls. :hug:

sakura-panda
03-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Great - looks like the order for Spring Break is good as-is!

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

susauehl
03-25-2012, 12:17 AM
I took Starry Night and Autumn Run to the Boise Humane Society finally! They were much appreciated!! They did tell me if we wanted to do more that 12" or 14" size squares would be nice as they fit better in their cat cages. They said the cats love the knitted blankets. So if any wants to do any squares and mail them to me, I will take them in a couple of months to them. No worries if you don't.

Thank you again for everyone who worked on these blankets!!:heart:

cheley
03-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I took Starry Night and Autumn Run to the Boise Humane Society finally! They were much appreciated!! They did tell me if we wanted to do more that 12" or 14" size squares would be nice as they fit better in their cat cages. They said the cats love the knitted blankets. So if any wants to do any squares and mail them to me, I will take them in a couple of months to them. No worries if you don't.

Susan:knitting: I'm confused...The snuggles are waay more than 12 or 14". So are you saying that's the size they want? I checked our local APL (where I will be donating "Green Pastures" soon) and their required size is 24 x24"...?????

susauehl
03-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Yes, 12 or 14 inch squares. They do have smaller cages for some of the cats. So this would be one that is not passed along. Just if you wanted to make on your own then I would donate them. That is just this certain place. WE have another one that I am going to check out with and see what size they like!

sakura-panda
03-26-2012, 12:48 PM

That is awesome, Susan! I'm so glad to hear that our work is not only appreciated, but that they want more. :hug: :inlove:

I'm still sitting on the finished Cloud Nine. It sits on the cushion in my bedroom and mocks me. I am debating making a bigger blanket in the colors that I used on it to give to my dad -- he's in the hospital and it looks like he won't be coming home -- but am concerned that the colors are babyish. DH has no useful opinion (as in, no opinion at all) so I'm kind of keeping the blanket in sight until I make a decision one way or another.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sakurapanda/misc/BlanketSample.jpg

I should ask my mom, but I think she'll tell me not to bother. :shrug:

susauehl
03-28-2012, 08:21 PM
I probably would go ahead and make a blanket for my Dad. You know he will enjoy it because it is from you.:hug: Thinking of you at this time.

ZoseyPosey
03-30-2012, 06:15 PM
When I look at those blanket colors, I think cool and soothing, not really baby-ish. I think it would be a nice thing to do for your dad at this time. Thinking about you and yours. :grphug:

ZoseyPosey
03-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Just want to let everyone know that Spring Break is still with me. I've been studying furiously for my classes/finals. I'll get a break from that this weekend and should have it ready to go early next week.

And now...back to the books!

Moonbunny
04-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Blueberry Chocolate is ready for the next knitter. Would you send me the name and address for mailing? I'll take a picture before I send it off.:knitting:

susauehl
04-03-2012, 12:38 PM
I think I am the next knitter. I will pm my address to you!

Thanks!

sakura-panda
04-03-2012, 06:10 PM
You are correct, Susan -- thanks! :yay:

Here is what I think are out there now:

Blueberry Chocolate
1. sakura-panda
2. bugsyblacklab
3. moonbunny (<-- Currently knitting!)
4. susauehl
5. calimama

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey (<-- Currently knitting!)
3. calimama
5. Moonbunny

I'm still sitting on Cloud Nine -- will probably drop it off this week while I'm off work for the kids' spring break -- and I have not heard anything recently about Jungle Fever or Green Pastures.

sakura-panda
04-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I probably would go ahead and make a blanket for my Dad. You know he will enjoy it because it is from you.:hug: Thinking of you at this time.

When I look at those blanket colors, I think cool and soothing, not really baby-ish. I think it would be a nice thing to do for your dad at this time. Thinking about you and yours. :grphug:

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm thinking hard about it and now am thinking about doing one of those diagonal blankets to give it a little bit of "style". :teehee: He's supposed to be moved to a private room in a few weeks and will be encouraged to have personal items when he gets there. That will give me plenty of time to make it.

ZoseyPosey
04-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Spring Break is on it way to calimama!
Delivery Confirmation #: 0310 1230 0001 3680 6293
:woot:

I didn't take a picture, but my section is done in green and purple. It reminds me of all the lilac blooming around here.

Moonbunny
04-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Blueberry Chocolate is on its way to Susauehl!

Moonbunny
04-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Here is a picture of Blueberry Chocolate before I sent it out.

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/Moonbunny/99804165/100_1362_medium.jpg

susauehl
04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Blueberry Chocolate arrived today! Love all the colors! Thank for the cards. I can always use those!

susauehl
04-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Blueberry Chocolate is ready to go! Who is the next knitter?

sakura-panda
04-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Blueberry Chocolate is ready to go! Who is the next knitter?

That was fast! :yay: I didn't even update that you had received it. :doh:

It looks like calimama is next in line! :thumbsup:

Blueberry Chocolate
1. Katie/sakura-panda
2. Elizabeth/bugsyblacklab
3. moonbunny
4. Susan/susauehl (<-- Currently knitting!)
5. calimama

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
5. Moonbunny

calimama
04-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Spring Break arrived on Monday. Thank you so much for the pad and gel pens -- they're so cute!

susauehl
04-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Blueberry Chocolate on its way to Shana in CA. DC 0311 2550 0002 4055 8184. Should be there on Monday.

sakura-panda
04-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the updates! :thumbsup:

Blueberry Chocolate
1. Katie/sakura-panda
3. moonbunny
4. Susan/susauehl
5. calimama (<-- Currently knitting!)

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
5. Moonbunny

cheley
04-16-2012, 08:56 PM

Spring Fever is on its way to Kathleen in Virgina. DC is 0311 2250 0002 4055 9624. My vision for this blanket is anything that reminds you of spring! I think of spring break and water! So both yarns were called ocean.:heart:

Have fun!
Susan:knitting: Hi..Just checking in..I am still working on Green Patures(well kinda just picked it back up)!..some delays going around here at home...I just have a few more rows to complete and deliver..and I will start a new one..called Dragonfly...:heart:

sakura-panda
04-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi..Just checking in..I am still working on Green Patures(well kinda just picked it back up)!..some delays going around here at home...I just have a few more rows to complete and deliver..and I will start a new one..called Dragonfly...:heart:

Sounds great! I've been wondering what happened with it. Thanks for the update. :hug:

Please share a picture when Green Pastures is completed. When you're ready, let us know what colors you're going to use to start Dragonfly and I'll put up a signup list for it. :thumbsup:

cheley
04-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Sounds great! I've been wondering what happened with it. Thanks for the update. :hug:

Please share a picture when Green Pastures is completed. When you're ready, let us know what colors you're going to use to start Dragonfly and I'll put up a signup list for it. :thumbsup:
"http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6957690440_19a51ae970.jpg" Here she is..done and delivered to APL..Green Pastures...xxxoo sorry for Just the link..was running way behind time..I wil cast on "Dragonfly" very soon...As far as colors..I am thinking vivid: purple, greens, yellows and pink!!

sakura-panda
04-23-2012, 10:20 AM
"http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6957690440_19a51ae970.jpg" Here she is..done and delivered to APL..Green Pastures...xxxoo sorry for Just the link..was running way behind time..I wil cast on "Dragonfly" very soon...As far as colors..I am thinking vivid: purple, greens, yellows and pink!!

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Is anyone else interested in working on Dragonfly?

Dragonfly
1. cheley (<-- Currently knitting)

Also, how are the other blankets coming? :)

Blueberry Chocolate
1. Katie/sakura-panda
3. moonbunny
4. Susan/susauehl

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
5. Moonbunny

cheley
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM

Dragonfly

Blueberry Chocolate
1. Katie/sakura-panda
3. moonbunny
4. Susan/susauehl

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
5. Moonbunny
Glad you "like" it..I have been working deligently to post a "pic" instead of the link..it just won't happen!! Maybe one of the Mods will pick up on it and fix it...It is on my Flickr account..also, I will certainly finish and donate any:heart:

sakura-panda
04-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Glad you "like" it..I have been working deligently to post a "pic" instead of the link..it just won't happen!! Maybe one of the Mods will pick up on it and fix it...It is on my Flickr account..also, I will certainly finish and donate any:heart:

I'm not a mod but I can do this. :)

Green Pastures

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6957690440_19a51ae970.jpg

I opened up the picture in it's own tab/window, copied the url, picked the little landscape button ("Insert Image") and pasted in the url.

ZoseyPosey
04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
I'll join in on Dragonfly! Is it possible to be a little further down the list - maybe 3 or 4? If not, it's totally okay. :)

cheley
04-23-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm not a mod but I can do this. :)

Green Pastures

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6957690440_19a51ae970.jpg

I opened up the picture in it's own tab/window, copied the url, picked the little landscape button ("Insert Image") and pasted in the url. Awesome!! That's better :hug: Thank you

susauehl
04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes! I would love to work on Dragonfly please!

Susan

cheley
04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
quote=susauehl;1347332]Yes! I would love to work on Dragonfly please!

calimama
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM

Dragonfly

Blueberry Chocolate
1. Katie/sakura-panda
3. moonbunny
4. Susan/susauehl

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
5. Moonbunny
Sorry, I seem to be the rate-limiting step here (that's the chemistry geek in me coming out). Been busy with my son's 6th bday (had 60+ people at our house on Saturday for the party!) and have been sick on top of that. But I promise to get working on both that I have here! Sorry...

cheley
04-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Sorry, I seem to be the rate-limiting step here (that's the chemistry geek in me coming out). Been busy with my son's 6th bday (had 60+ people at our house on Saturday for the party!) and have been sick on top of that. But I promise to get working on both that I have here! Sorry...
55874 O.K. Finally got a picture here!!!! one more row to go then who? I am thinking vivid (Dragonfly) pinks, green, reds, maybe throw in black and tan too...

cheley
04-28-2012, 08:27 AM
55874 O.K. Finally got a picture here!!!! one more row to go then who? I am thinking vivid (Dragonfly) pinks, green, reds, maybe throw in black and tan too.....ready to be mailed out, too who? Wheres she going?

calimama
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Spring Break is on its way to Elizabeth -- DC#9101969000940566172579. I went with more of a "New England" sort of spring break :) I'm attempting to attach a pic...

ZoseyPosey
04-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Cheley - I can take it next...found some perfect dragonfly colors at michaels today. :) I'll pm you my address in a minute.

cheley
04-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Cheley - I can take it next...found some perfect dragonfly colors at michaels today. :) I'll pm you my address in a minute. Thank you, responded..Happy Knitting....:hug:

sakura-panda
04-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Sorry! My notifications quit working because I visited KH without being logged in and didn't realize it. :oops: So I thought all this time that nothing was happening over here because I wasn't getting any emails.

Thanks for the update, calimama! I'm glad to hear you're able to get back to it! :thumbsup:

ZoseyPosey is next on Dragonfly. We still need two more knitters!

Dragonfly
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Susan/susauehl

Blueberry Chocolate
1. Katie/sakura-panda
3. moonbunny
4. Susan/susauehl

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. calimama
4. Elizabeth/bugsyblacklab (<-- Currently knitting!)
5. Moonbunny

cheley
04-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Sorry! My notifications quit working because I visited KH without being logged in and didn't realize it. :oops: So I thought all this time that nothing was happening over here because I wasn't getting any emails.

Thanks for the update, calimama! I'm glad to hear you're able to get back to it! :thumbsup:

ZoseyPosey is next on Dragonfly. We still need two more knitters!

Dragonfly
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Susan/susauehl

Blueberry Chocolate
1. Katie/sakura-panda
3. moonbunny
4. Susan/susauehl

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. calimama
4. Elizabeth/bugsyblacklab (<-- Currently knitting!)
5. Moonbunny
Dragonfly was mailed out today...It can always come back too me to finish and donate.....:heart:

bugsyblacklab
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Spring Break is on its way to Elizabeth -- DC#9101969000940566172579. I went with more of a "New England" sort of spring break :) I'm attempting to attach a pic...

Spring Break arrived yesterday. :woot: Thank you for the scented soap--smells wonderful! :hug: I am going to have to go stash-diving on this one--I haven't got a clue what colors I am going to use. :shrug: I'll have to see what catches my eye. :thumbsup:

ZoseyPosey
05-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Dragonfly arrived on Wednesday...thanks for the bookmarks. :) I should have some time to sit with it this weekend.

cheley
05-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Dragonfly arrived on Wednesday...thanks for the bookmarks. :) I should have some time to sit with it this weekend.
How is "Dragonfly" going?...Just checkin in..

ZoseyPosey
05-14-2012, 07:30 PM
I just sent it along to susauehl today. I don't have flicker or photobucket so no pictures but, its done in a bright aqua color paired with a purple/pink/yellow multi.

sakura-panda
05-15-2012, 09:44 AM
I just sent it along to susauehl today. I don't have flicker or photobucket so no pictures but, its done in a bright aqua color paired with a purple/pink/yellow multi.

Sounds beautiful! Thanks for the update!

We are still looking for volunteers to finish off Dragonfly! :knitting:

Dragonfly
1. cheley
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Susan/susauehl (<-- Currently knitting)

susauehl
05-18-2012, 12:14 AM

Dragonfly came today! Thank you for the gifts! Now trying to decide what color to use. Thinking of something with tan or black in it!

cheley
05-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Dragonfly came today! Thank you for the gifts! Now trying to decide what color to use. Thinking of something with tan or black in it!

Susan:heart: Yes..something tan or black in it....and plz post pics :muah:

susauehl
05-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Dragonfly is ready to move on! Who is next? Will post a picture in a couple of days.

sakura-panda
05-22-2012, 10:31 AM
You can send it to me, Susan. :) Do you need my address?

Does anyone want the last spot on Dragonfly?

Dragonfly
1. cheley
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Susan/susauehl (<-- Currently knitting)
4. Katie/sakura-panda

susauehl
05-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Yes please. I usually don't keep them.

Thank you!

Susan

susauehl
05-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Dragonfly on its way to Katie. ETA 5/29/12 DC 0312 0860 0000 9432 1711.

Everyone have a great weekend! I will try to get a photo posted if I can figure it out again.:???:

Susan:heart: :knitting:

sakura-panda
05-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks! :yay:

There are two ways to post a photo.

One is to have it uploaded somewhere (Flickr, Photobucket, etc) where you can get the URL for the image itself. (Easiest is to have the picture open, right-click and select "copy image url" or right-click and select "properties" and highlight the url then right click and select "copy".)

Once you have the picture's adderess, you can click on the "insert image" icon in the reply window:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sakurapanda/misc/insertimage.gif

... and it will give you a pop-up to paste the picture's address.

The other method is to scroll down the on the reply page -- under "Additional options" there is "Attach files". Click on the "Manage Attachments" button and then you can either pick a file from your computer or you can paste in the address of the photo online. Either method uploads the photo to knittinghelp and it will show up at the bottom of your post as an Attached Thumbnail.

susauehl
05-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Thank you! I love to photo you posted! What are you making?

Susan

susauehl
05-26-2012, 12:34 PM

I used a tan color with flecks of black and Simply Soft paints called Harlequin.

Susan

sakura-panda
05-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Looks great, Susan! I'm looking forward to working on it. I'd better pick out my yarn this weekend while it's on sale somewhere! (I can't remember if it's J's or M's that has all their yarn on sale for the holiday weekend. :thumbsup: )

That picture is the start of the throw that I am making for my dad. I'm doing two strands, both Vanna's Choice, in Taupe and in Autumn Print. I liked the way the two colors look together! Now that I'm working on it, I wish I'd stuck with the cotton colors that gave me the idea, but I was too cheap/impatient to buy the extra yarn I needed and these two were already in my stash. :think: The colors are kind of *warm* and make me feel warm when I'm working on it! :teehee:

cheley
05-26-2012, 11:33 PM

I used a tan color with flecks of black and Simply Soft paints called Harlequin.

Susan OMG...my "baby" looks fabulous...great job, guys..plz give it a good home. and don't forget, I will gladly finish and donate here if no one does...and keep me on for any other xxxxxoooo

Moonbunny
05-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Spring Break/Spring Fever arrived today. Thank you for the cute journal, will be very useful! As soon as I finish it up I will start a new one with the needles if that is okay. I'll take a pic before I donate it! It's looking great!

sakura-panda
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Spring Break/Spring Fever arrived today. Thank you for the cute journal, will be very useful! As soon as I finish it up I will start a new one with the needles if that is okay. I'll take a pic before I donate it! It's looking great!

Please do both! When you're ready and you have a name to suggest, I'll post a sign-up list. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I *think* Dragonfly arrived yesterday; we got home late and I didn't get a chance to open it. :blush:

Cheley -- it looks like Dragonfly will be coming back to you when I'm done. :knitting:

cheley
05-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Please do both! When you're ready and you have a name to suggest, I'll post a sign-up list. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I *think* Dragonfly arrived yesterday; we got home late and I didn't get a chance to open it. :blush:

Cheley -- it looks like Dragonfly will be coming back to you when I'm done. :knitting: Awesome! I will be waiting for it...

calimama
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Blueberry Chocolate has been completed and donated to the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA here in San Mateo, CA. I think it turned out beautifully. I've attached a photo of it here.

I've also started a new snuggle inspired by the area in which I grew up (near Saratoga Springs, NY where thoroughbred racing is king) and the fact that it's Triple Crown season. I'm calling it "Horsing Around", and I started it with 2 different browns. I think this one could be really flexible -- obviously we could use browns, greys, whites, black, etc to represent horses, but also any bright colors could be used to represent the silks, green for the turf, red for the Derby roses, black & yellow for Preakness Black-eyed Susans, white for the Belmont Stakes carnations, etc, etc. I'm planning on finishing my section this weekend if anyone's ready to sign on for the next section. I'll post a pic before I send it on...And hopefully next Saturday we'll be watching "I'll Have Another" become our first Triple Crown Winner in over 30 years!!! I mean, you can't beat that name ;)

sakura-panda
06-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Blueberry Chocolate has been completed and donated to the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA here in San Mateo, CA. I think it turned out beautifully. I've attached a photo of it here.

I've also started a new snuggle inspired by the area in which I grew up (near Saratoga Springs, NY where thoroughbred racing is king) and the fact that it's Triple Crown season. I'm calling it "Horsing Around", and I started it with 2 different browns. I think this one could be really flexible -- obviously we could use browns, greys, whites, black, etc to represent horses, but also any bright colors could be used to represent the silks, green for the turf, red for the Derby roses, black & yellow for Preakness Black-eyed Susans, white for the Belmont Stakes carnations, etc, etc. I'm planning on finishing my section this weekend if anyone's ready to sign on for the next section. I'll post a pic before I send it on...And hopefully next Saturday we'll be watching "I'll Have Another" become our first Triple Crown Winner in over 30 years!!! I mean, you can't beat that name ;)

What a great looking blanket! Thanks so much for finishing and sharing! :inlove:

I love your idea for a new blanket too. :thumbsup:

Who else would like to work on this new blanket? :knitting:

Horsing Around
1. calimama (<-- Currently knitting)

I bought my yarn for Dragonfly yesterday and hope to get started on it this week. This is the last week of school and DD's dance recital rehearsal/performances are Thursday, Friday, and Sunday (plus swim class tonight and soccer on Saturday -- that's just *her*, although this week she has more going on than the boys do), so I don't think I'll get much done this week but I'm excited to work on one of these again.

Dragonfly
1. cheley
2. ZoseyPosey
3. Susan/susauehl
4. Katie/sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting)
5. cheley

Spring Break
1. Susan/susauehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. calimama
4. Elizabeth/bugsyblacklab (<-- Currently knitting)
5. Moonbunny

susauehl
06-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I would like to sign up for Horsing Around please.Love the name!

Susan

ZoseyPosey
06-05-2012, 10:43 AM
I'll join in on Horsing Around. :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
06-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I would like to sign up for Horsing Around please.Love the name!

Susan

I'll join in on Horsing Around. :thumbsup:

Horsing Around
1. calimama (<-- Currently knitting)
2. Susan/susauehl
3. ZoseyPosey

We could use two more knitters to round out Horsing Around. :knitting:

bugsyblacklab
06-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Sorry I have been so slow about posting a picture of Spring Break. :oops: Haven't had my act together lately, but here it is. :doh:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/001-5.jpg

I used RH TLC Essentials in color Lt. Celery and Hobby Lobby ILTY in Sherbet Stripes for my section. It reminds me of wildflowers-in-the-grass which is what I think of in the spring.
Spring Break as moved on to Moonbunny's house for the next section. :hug:

Elizabeth aka bugsyblacklab :knitting:

sakura-panda
06-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Sorry I have been so slow about posting a picture of Spring Break. :oops: Haven't had my act together lately, but here it is. :doh:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/001-5.jpg

I used RH TLC Essentials in color Lt. Celery and Hobby Lobby ILTY in Sherbet Stripes for my section. It reminds me of wildflowers-in-the-grass which is what I think of in the spring.
Spring Break as moved on to Moonbunny's house for the next section. :hug:

Elizabeth aka bugsyblacklab :knitting:

It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

susauehl
06-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Horsing Around came the other day. Thank you for the gift!!
It is really to trot off to the next person, so whoever it is please pm your address and I will get it off to you on Monday. I did my section in yellow and black to go with the Blackeyed Susan flowers. Will try to post a photo before I mail it off!

ZoseyPosey
06-16-2012, 03:27 AM
That's me! I'll pm you my address now. :)

sakura-panda
06-17-2012, 10:12 PM
That's me! I'll pm you my address now. :)

I wanted to put Zosey last so that she could donate, but we don't have enough knitters to do that. :pout:

Thanks for keeping it going. :thumbsup:

Looking for a couple more volunteers! :knitting:

Horsing Around
1. calimama
2. Susan/susauehl (<-- Currently knitting)
3. ZoseyPosey

ZoseyPosey
06-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Ooops - sorry! I didn't know that was the plan. On that note, I do need to check and see which local organizations are participating in the snuggles project...

I don't mind doing another section while I have it if there ends up being a need for it. Just let me know! :)

sakura-panda
06-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Ooops - sorry! I didn't know that was the plan. On that note, I do need to check and see which local organizations are participating in the snuggles project...

I don't mind doing another section while I have it if there ends up being a need for it. Just let me know! :)

Oh, it's not a big deal -- I'd rather send it to you to work on now than to have you wait for more knitters to finish up in the middle.

susauehl
06-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Horsing Around sent out today to Kathleen. DC 0312 0860 0000 9432 4118. ETA Friday 6/22/12. Tried to take a photo but the color did not turn out well!

:sad:

Susan :heart:

sakura-panda
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

Moonbunny
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I would be happy to work on Horsing Around, it may be a bit before I can work on it, though. Put me in whatever spot works out best for you.

ZoseyPosey
06-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Horsing Around arrived safe and sound on Friday - thanks for the goodies Susan. :) I haven't had a chance to start on it yet...hopefully tomorrow!!