PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles - Cotton or Acrylic Yarn

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

sakura-panda
06-27-2012, 10:29 AM
I would be happy to work on Horsing Around, it may be a bit before I can work on it, though. Put me in whatever spot works out best for you.

Thanks, Moonbunny! I'm happy to put you down! :yay:

Horsing Around
1. calimama
2. Susan/susauehl
3. ZoseyPosey (<-- Currently knitting)
4. Moonbunny

We have a spot for one more knitter. :knitting:

Horsing Around arrived safe and sound on Friday - thanks for the goodies Susan. :) I haven't had a chance to start on it yet...hopefully tomorrow!!

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

ZoseyPosey
07-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Horsing Around will be ready to trot along to the next knitter on Thursday. :thumbsup: I believe moonbunny is next? Can you pm me your address?

cheley
07-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi all, just checking in...been on Vacation, where's "Dragonfly":aww:

Moonbunny
07-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Horsing Around will be ready to trot along to the next knitter on Thursday. :thumbsup: I believe moonbunny is next? Can you pm me your address?
Will do!

sakura-panda
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi all, just checking in...been on Vacation, where's "Dragonfly":aww:

I just finished it over the weekend and it's ready to be photographed, packed up, and sent out. :thumbsup:

Moonbunny
07-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Horsing Around came in the mail! It looks great and thanks for the cute coasters!

Moonbunny
07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks, Moonbunny! I'm happy to put you down! :yay:

Horsing Around
1. calimama
2. Susan/susauehl
3. ZoseyPosey (<-- Currently knitting)
4. Moonbunny

We have a spot for one more knitter. :knitting:

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:
If you still need another knitter on Horsing Around, my daughter said she would be happy to knit a section.

sakura-panda
07-12-2012, 10:43 PM
If you still need another knitter on Horsing Around, my daughter said she would be happy to knit a section.

That would be great! :thumbsup: Thanks!

sakura-panda
07-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Dragonfly:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sakurapanda/2012-07-21120917.jpg

I used Vanna's Choice in Eggplant and Purple Print.

It's ready to move on! Just waiting on address confirmation. :)

How is everyone else doing? :waving:

susauehl
07-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Dragonfly:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sakurapanda/2012-07-21120917.jpg

I used Vanna's Choice in Eggplant and Purple Print.

It's ready to move on! Just waiting on address confirmation. :)

How is everyone else doing? :waving:

It looks great!!!
:knitting:

cheley
07-23-2012, 07:31 AM
It looks great!!!
:knitting: ..Dragonfly looks awesome...it's all the colors I imagined when I started it..Yep, it comes back too me!!!

cheley
07-30-2012, 11:03 AM
..Dragonfly looks awesome...it's all the colors I imagined when I started it..Yep, it comes back too me!!!
Received Dragonfly today..it is more than I imagined, very beautiful and the workmanship is so wonderful, Sak, thanks for the notes and emery boards, so thoughtful..I am working on my laptop today (PC caught a maaaajor virus:waah: :waah: ) so I will have my new "baby" Gizmo model the blanket and post pics when I can...Thanks too all :heart:

sakura-panda
07-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Received Dragonfly today..it is more than I imagined, very beautiful and the workmanship is so wonderful, Sak, thanks for the notes and emery boards, so thoughtful..I am working on my laptop today (PC caught a maaaajor virus:waah: :waah: ) so I will have my new "baby" Gizmo model the blanket and post pics when I can...Thanks too all :heart:

I just mailed out Dragonfly on Saturday, about 20 minutes before the post office closed! I even used the little machine with the drop box instead of standing in line at the counter. I knew it would get to you quickly, but I didn't expect it to be practically next day! Wow! :yay:

(It was not my usual post office, but a bigger, busier one that is open late on Saturday. I'll have to remember that for next time. :happydance: )

I hope you get your PC back to normal soon -- I can't wait to see what the blanket is going to look like! :thumbsup:

Moonbunny
08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I have the needles from Spring Break/Fever. Would you like me to start a new blanket?

sakura-panda
08-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I have the needles from Spring Break/Fever. Would you like me to start a new blanket?

Yes, please do. :yay:

Also, do you have a photo of the finished blanket to share? :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Moonbunny
08-02-2012, 12:30 PM

Thanks!
I don't have one downloaded from camera yet. I'll post one in the next couple of days.

I'll start Puppy Purplepalooza in lilac and white together. I was thinking any shade of purple/purpleish colors.

sakura-panda
08-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't have one downloaded from camera yet. I'll post one in the next couple of days.

I'll start Puppy Purplepalooza in lilac and white together. I was thinking any shade of purple/purpleish colors.

Sounds great! I'll start a list. :knitting:

Puppy Purplepalooza (shades of purple)
1. Moonbunny

susauehl
08-03-2012, 12:32 AM
I would like to be added to Puppy Purplepalooza please. Purple is my favorite color!

Susan

sakura-panda
08-03-2012, 06:30 PM
So I updated the blog (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/) with all of the finished photos that I could find throughout the thread since the "reboot" last August. Let me know if you think I've missed something!

The next thing I need to do is go through and tally the ones that are being worked on now and update my list. (I've let that slip.)

On the sidebar is a list of knitters that have worked on these Oddball Pet Snuggles. If you would like to have your blog/website linked up, let me know and I'll add those links when I update that list.

http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/

susauehl
08-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Looks great!! Thank you!

Moonbunny
08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
I would like to be added to Puppy Purplepalooza please. Purple is my favorite color!

Susan
If you are ready, the blanket should be ready to mail out by Wednesday.

ZoseyPosey
08-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll join on Puppy Purplepalooza. Cute name. :rofl:

sakura-panda
08-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Two more knitters needed! :knitting:

1. Moonbunny
2. Susan/susauehl
3. ZoseyPosey

susauehl
08-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Great I will pm you my address.

Moonbunny
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Great I will pm you my address.
Puppy Purplepalooza is on its way!

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/Moonbunny/115243585/100_1674_medium2.jpg

Moonbunny
08-09-2012, 12:41 PM

Thanks!
Here is a pic of Spring Break/Fever finished.

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/Moonbunny/115244213/100_1670_medium2.JPG

susauehl
08-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Received Purplepalooza today! Thank you for the gift.

Susan:knitting:

susauehl
08-17-2012, 06:55 PM
On its way to Kathleen in Virginia!56027
DC 0312 0860 0000 9433 5848 ETA 8/20

Have a great weekend!

Susan:knitting: :heart:

ZoseyPosey
08-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Puppy Purplepalooza arrived yesterday! Thank you for the notepad set. :) :hug:

Time to get knitting! :knitting:

KristinMei
08-23-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm new here, but I'd love to get involved if possible. I have some purple acrylic and would gladly contribute to the Puppy Purplepalooza blanket if you still need knitters. :)

sakura-panda
08-24-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm new here, but I'd love to get involved if possible. I have some purple acrylic and would gladly contribute to the Puppy Purplepalooza blanket if you still need knitters. :)

Welcome! We're glad to have you! :waving:

sakura-panda
08-24-2012, 03:34 PM
To the group: sorry I haven't been around. My dad passed away last Wednesday (Aug 15) and I've been either too busy or just plain out of energy to catch up with all I should be doing.

I'll try to come back over the weekend put out updated lists. I see Puppy Purplepalooza is moving along nicely, but I haven't seen any chatter for Horsing Around in a while. Moonbunny, do you still have it?

I don't think there are any other in progress blankets.

susauehl
08-26-2012, 12:32 AM
To the group: sorry I haven't been around. My dad passed away last Wednesday (Aug 15) and I've been either too busy or just plain out of energy to catch up with all I should be doing.

I'll try to come back over the weekend put out updated lists. I see Puppy Purplepalooza is moving along nicely, but I haven't seen any chatter for Horsing Around in a while. Moonbunny, do you still have it?

Dear Katie,

So sorry to hear about you Dad. It is so hard to lose a loved one, but you know he is not hurting anymore. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Regards,
Susan:heart:

Jan in CA
08-26-2012, 01:01 AM

I'm so sorry. :hug: My MIL died in November and my dad passed away in January so I know how hard it is and how mentally exhausting. :hug:

sakura-panda
08-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Thank you for all the kind words. :hug: It's difficult, but we are adjusting.

I'm going to add Kristin to Puppy Purplepalooza:

1. Moonbunny
2. Susan/susauehl
3. ZoseyPosey
4. KristinMei

ZoseyPosey
08-31-2012, 02:19 PM
A tongue twister!

Popped Puppy Purplepalooza in the post! :happydance:

Kristin - It should be their on Tuesday.

Moonbunny
09-04-2012, 01:21 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. It is hard not to have your parents to call or visit. I try to tell my daughter stories about her grandparents when she was little and when I was little.

I do still have Horsin' Around. I finished my section and my daughter is working on the last section. As soon as she's done, I'll start a new blanket with the needles. I was thinking of something like Colorful Calico Kitty with whites, browns, tans, blacks and all calico colors.

KristinMei
09-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Puppy Purple Palooza arrived yesterday! It looks beautiful. :woot:

Thanks ZoseyPosey! I can't wait to get started! :)

KristinMei
09-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I've started knitting on Puppy Purple Palooza! I have a million things to do today, but I was just so excited I've got an inch done already.

I do have a few newbie questions...since there is no knitter signed up for the last section, should I just hold on to it till someone signs up? Or should I knit another section if no one jumps on before I'm done?

sakura-panda
09-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. It is hard not to have your parents to call or visit. I try to tell my daughter stories about her grandparents when she was little and when I was little.

I do still have Horsin' Around. I finished my section and my daughter is working on the last section. As soon as she's done, I'll start a new blanket with the needles. I was thinking of something like Colorful Calico Kitty with whites, browns, tans, blacks and all calico colors.

Thank you. I'm going to put together a scrapbook of the photos that I have of my dad -- it seems fitting since I did one for him when his dog passed away. I never saw him look at it, but I have seen pictures of him showing it to his brother when they (my parents) drove out (11 hours) to visit my dad's family (in Wisconsin).

Thanks for the update! Calico Kitty sounds fun and please post a photo of Horsin' Around when it is finished. :thumbsup:

I've started knitting on Puppy Purple Palooza! I have a million things to do today, but I was just so excited I've got an inch done already.

I do have a few newbie questions...since there is no knitter signed up for the last section, should I just hold on to it till someone signs up? Or should I knit another section if no one jumps on before I'm done?

That's up to you. :think:

You can keep it, finish it off, donate it, and start a new one -- or you can send it to me. I would be happy to finish it off and my shelter is extremely grateful for the donations. (I keep forgetting to post the thank you card they sent me after the last one!)

sakura-panda
09-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Here is a pic of Spring Break/Fever finished.

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/Moonbunny/115244213/100_1670_medium2.JPG

It looks great! Where did it go? (For the blog (http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/). :))

KristinMei
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
That's up to you. :think:

You can keep it, finish it off, donate it, and start a new one -- or you can send it to me. I would be happy to finish it off and my shelter is extremely grateful for the donations. (I keep forgetting to post the thank you card they sent me after the last one!)

I will send it on then! I just finished my section last night and can send it sometime this week. Will you PM me your address, please?

sakura-panda
09-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I will send it on then! I just finished my section last night and can send it sometime this week. Will you PM me your address, please?

Ok, PMing you now. :)

Moonbunny
09-21-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't see your question until now. The blanket was donated to Lake Animal Shelter in Chicago, IL.

I hope to get a picture of Horsin' Around sometime this weekend when it's not raining.

sakura-panda
09-21-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't see your question until now. The blanket was donated to Lake Animal Shelter in Chicago, IL.

I hope to get a picture of Horsin' Around sometime this weekend when it's not raining.

Thanks!

How is everyone doing? :knitting:

susauehl
09-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I am good. Recovering from surgery 4 weeks ago. But I have a new hip! Have any new blankets been started? I could start one if anyone is interested! Just let me know.
Have a great weekend!

Susan

KristinMei
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Sakura-panda, the PuppyPurplePalooza is on its way! Sorry it took so long to get it to the post office. Hope it gets there quickly!

sakura-panda
10-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Glad to hear you are doing well, Susan! I am going to have to see how many people we have for knitting before we start a new one this close to the holidays.

Thanks for the update, Kristin. I have long road trips the next two weekends, so I definitely have time to work on it. :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Puppy Purplepalooza -- oh my gosh it's just adorable! :inlove: I'll be getting some yarn to work on it this weekend.

This thread is in bad need of some updates -- who is running this place anyway? :gah: :teehee: :roflhard:

Is anyone interested in working on another blanket? We can start signups and get started after we get enough knitters to finish one. I know there are/will be at least two empty needles to get started. Is anyone still interested? :thumbsup:

We can call one "Almost Purrfect" and the other "Pawsitively Great". :knitting:

KristinMei
10-10-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm glad it made it!

I will gladly contribute to another blanket.

susauehl
10-20-2012, 12:41 AM
I would be glad to work on another blanket.

Moonbunny
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm willing to work on a blanket.

sakura-panda
10-25-2012, 10:00 AM
That brings us up to four! :)

Katie / sakurapanda
Kristin / KristinMei
Susan / susauehl
Moonbunny

At least one more person would allow us to keep going the way we have been. However, if we don't get any more volunteers, I can think of two options to keep this going:

1. One person take two sections -- maybe first and last, or two consecutive ones in the middle.

2. Increase each section to 6 inches -- so that the blankets will end up being 24 inches instead of 25 inches long.

What would you all like to do? Does anyone have another idea?

susauehl
10-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I like the idea of doing six inches on the blanket. Also if I am in the middle I would do two sections.

Susan

salmonmac
10-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I'll be happy to join you. I've never make pet blankets before but I would be delighted to be part of this.

KristinMei
10-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm happy to work two sections or to do 6 inches. :)

sakura-panda
10-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Puppy Purplepalooza is finished!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8188/8134937308_d85d4a6120.jpg

My section is to the far right and I used Vanna's Choice in Purple Mist and Medium Purple.

I plan to drop it off a Adopt a Pet in Fenton, Michigan (http://www.adoptapetfenton.com/) later this week.

ZoseyPosey
10-29-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm available for another blanket. :)

sakura-panda
10-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Updated Snuggle knitters:
Katie / sakurapanda
Kristin / KristinMei
Susan / susauehl
Moonbunny
salmonmac
ZoseyPosey

This is awesome! It looks like we have enough volunteers to start a new blanket (or two -- or three). :yay:

I believe that Susan, Moonbunny and I each have a set of empty needles. (Moonbunny -- did you ever get a picture of Horsin' Around?)

Let's start some signups! :thumbsup: Please let me know if you have a preference for where you want to be (start, middle, finish or any).

Calico Kitty (whites, browns, tans, blacks and all calico colors)
1. Moonbunny

Unnamed Snuggle 1:
1. Susan/susanuehl

Unnamed Snuggle 2:
1. Katie/sakurapanda

Moonbunny
10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
My daughter took a pic of Horsin' Around and I need to get it off her ipod touch. Will do so as soon as I can get a hold of her, ipod and my computer in the same room, lol. I do have the needles and am happy to get Calico Kitty started.

KristinMei
11-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I have some yarn that will work for Calico Kitty. Any time works for me.

susauehl
11-03-2012, 12:17 AM
The blanket I will start will be called Into The Forest.Use whatever colors you like!

Also please add me to the other two blankets. I would be glad to work on them.

sakura-panda
11-05-2012, 01:08 AM
I dropped off Puppy Purplepalooza last week and received very warm thanks and gratitude. They asked for everyone's address so that they could send thank you cards, but I told them that if they sent one to me, I would make sure you all see it. (Not like that other one they sent that I promised to share and never did. :oops: I know it's in one of my to-do piles here next to my desk and still plan to post it for you to see.)

I always leave there wishing I could whip out another half dozen to give them right away. :teehee: :knitting:

Here is our new snuggle list; I'll work out the order as soon as they are full since I want to give everyone (that wants to finish and start) an opportunity to donate and start new.

Calico Kitty (whites, browns, tans, blacks and all calico colors):
1. Moonbunny
2. KristinMei
3. Susan/susanuehl

Into The Forest (unthemed, any color):
1. Susan/susanuehl

Collie Cuddle (unthemed, any color, beginning with taupe and autumn colors):
1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl

Moonbunny
11-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Here is the picture of Horsin' Around:

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/Moonbunny/129003759/100_1870_medium.jpg

sakura-panda
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
We have enough knitters to start Calico Kitty! :yay:

1. Moonbunny
2. salmonmac
3. Susan/susanuehl
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. KristinMei

Kristin -- do you mind finishing it off and donating it?

KristinMei
11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
I don't mind at all! :)

WittyKnitter2012
11-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Anyone starting any new pet snuggles?

Moonbunny
11-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Anyone starting any new pet snuggles?
Sakura-panda has 2 snuggles listed with open spots - Into the Forest and Collie cuddles. If you message her she can give you more info. about the snuggles.

sakura-panda
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Moonbunny is correct; we have signups open for two more blankets. Please let me know if you are interested in participating! :knitting:

1. Susan/susanuehl

1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl

Moonbunny
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
We have enough knitters to start Calico Kitty! :yay:

1. Moonbunny
2. salmonmac
3. Susan/susanuehl
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. KristinMei

Kristin -- do you mind finishing it off and donating it?
Calico Kitty should be ready to pounce on to the next knitter in the next couple of days. Would you send me the address of where it should be mailed?

sakura-panda
11-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Calico Kitty should be ready to pounce on to the next knitter in the next couple of days. Would you send me the address of where it should be mailed?

I could give it to you, but did you try sending salmonmac a PM to get her address? Then you will be sure she is aware it is coming and let you know if she is ready for it.

Thanks!

Moonbunny
11-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Salmonmac already sent me her addy in a message. I plan on posting/messaging as soon as I get a chance to get the snuggle in the mail. We're good to go!

Moonbunny
11-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Here is a pic of Calico Kitty before it was mailed on Wednesday.
http://images4cf.ravelrycache.com/uploads/Moonbunny/131572435/100_1888_medium2.JPG

sakura-panda
12-05-2012, 12:50 PM
How is everyone doing?

We've been crazy busy with the holiday and I was just complaining yesterday that I need a couple more washing machines just to get caught up. :teehee: We replaced our drapes with blinds and I have to wash the curtains to pack them away -- but am so far behind on our regular clothes, sheets, and rugs that I don't know when I'll get to them! The most time-consuming part is having to wait for the washer to finish each load.

I'm currently working on a scarf (using Malabrigio Rio yarn) and I've started a new Baby Moderne Log Cabin blanket. It was torturous finishing the first one, but when it was done I liked it so much I decided to put myself through it all again. :doh:

I've also started another dachshund sweater for MIL, but we haven't seen her since DD's birthday party over a month ago (and not for a couple of months before that), so I'm not terribly motivated. I'm using DPN's for the first time and actually find it equally fiddly compared to magic loop, but also easier to keep my stitches together (so I don't have "ladders".)

I have no pictures. My recent resolution (starting December 1) is to take more pictures, but just saying so does not seem to make it happen! :roflhard:

I have two skeins of leftover purple yarn and if I ever make it to the store, I'm going to get some more DPNs and make my daughter some leg warmers. All the patterns I've seen use two needles sizes, which seems odd to me. I'm planning to just get whatever metal ones Michael's has (Boye's, I think?) but I'm open to recommendations if any of you have a favorite. My circulars are Addis and KP Harmonys. ("Harmonies" just doesn't seem right to me.)

Here's what I have for outstanding blankets; Calico Kitty is in progress and Into The Forest and Collie Cuddle are looking for more knitters:

1. Moonbunny
2. salmonmac <-- Knitting! :knitting:
3. Susan/susanuehl
4. Katie/sakura-panda
5. KristinMei

1. Susan/susanuehl

1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl

KristinMei
12-06-2012, 09:51 PM
I've been really busy lately too!

I can knit on either/both of the other blankets. :)

susauehl
12-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the info! you have been crazy busy! I am not even close to being ready for Christmas! Could you pm your address to me please. Calico Kitty is ready to go!

susauehl
12-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I did received Calico Kitty on Saturday. Thank you for the goodies!!

sakura-panda
12-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the info! you have been crazy busy! I am not even close to being ready for Christmas! Could you pm your address to me please. Calico Kitty is ready to go!

Last night was dance class for DD and then we went to the holiday show put on by the teachers and administrators of our school district. It was so fun and they raised over $5700 for a local charity! It seems they do this every year (this was the first year we went). DD really wanted to go and DH didn't, so I took her and left all the boys at home!

Tonight is the start of my town's "Holiday Happening" -- I don't know which activities we'll do, but one of my favorites is that all the downtown stores stay open until 10 pm --they call it "Shopping in Da Moonlight" -- although we've had so many stores close this year that I'm not sure what to expect.

Tomorrow is Santa's Workshop -- a craft fair designed for kids to shop for presents for their families -- a parade, and maybe a visit with Santa, if I can figure out where he will be (the last two stores that sponsored him are gone now.)

Sunday is church and rehearsal for DD's part in our church's "Journey to Bethlehem" production -- she'll be an angel next weekend.

Thanks for the update, Susan -- I'll PM my address to you now.

salmonmac
12-07-2012, 06:51 PM
You've just defined busy but it all sounds like great fun. Enjoy every minute and I hope you do find Santa.

susauehl
12-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Blanket is on its way to Katie! DC 0312 2120 0002 1597 6960. ETA 12/14/2012. Sorry didn't get photos!

Susan:heart: :knitting:

sakura-panda
12-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Blanket is on its way to Katie! DC 0312 2120 0002 1597 6960. ETA 12/14/2012. Sorry didn't get photos!

The blanket arrived on Saturday -- Thanks for the cute socks!

Here's how it looked this morning:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sakurapanda/misc/CalicoKitty_3_zps8a35f537.png

I need to go to the store and get some white/off white yarn for my second color. I don't know if I'll have a chance to start this week (some activity going on every day/night since last Wednesday and we are hosting a Christmas party on Saturday) so I probably won't start it until next week, when I'm off work.

In the meantime, KristinMei and salmonmac each offered to knit another blanket (and I'm always up for one) so if I could have at least one more knitter for each of our other two blankets, then we could get those started too. :happydance:

1. Susan/susanuehl

1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl

susauehl
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi Everyone!
Into the The Forest is ready for a knitter is anybody is interested!

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

ZoseyPosey
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, however you celebrated it. :grphug:

I'm ready to jump back in on helping with blankets. Just stick me wherever I'm needed. :thumbsup: I have some random acrylic still floating around the house I need to use up.

sakura-panda
01-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, however you celebrated it. :grphug:

I'm ready to jump back in on helping with blankets. Just stick me wherever I'm needed. :thumbsup: I have some random acrylic still floating around the house I need to use up.

Awesome! Glad to have you back. :thumbsup:

Let me send out a couple of pms and I'll get you signed onto something. :knitting:

sakura-panda
01-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Tentative:

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. sakura-panda
4. KristinMei
5. salmonmac

1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl

sakura-panda
01-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Calico Kitty (it's on its way to KristinMei):

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8463/8371634518_d9303ee02d.jpg

My section looks short in that picture, but I didn't think it was when I was working on it. :noway: :oops:

I used Vanna's Choice in White and Autumn Print.

salmonmac
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
This is really coming along well. Looks great!

KristinMei
01-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Calico Kitty arrived on Saturday. Thanks for the goodies!

We watched a movie on Sunday night and I managed to finish my section and just finished weaving my ends in.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/wanger1285/photo27_zpsf6cdbbd1.jpg

I'm hoping to donate it to the local shelter sometime this week. :)

sakura-panda
01-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Calico Kitty arrived on Saturday. Thanks for the goodies!

We watched a movie on Sunday night and I managed to finish my section and just finished weaving my ends in.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/wanger1285/photo27_zpsf6cdbbd1.jpg

I'm hoping to donate it to the local shelter sometime this week. :)

It looks great! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!

susauehl
01-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Into the Forest was sent to zoseyposey. Should arrive next Tuesday Jan. 22, 2013. DC 0312 2120 0002 1598 8727.

Enjoy!
Susan:knitting: :heart:

ZoseyPosey
01-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Into the Forest arrived safely on Tuesday! Thank you for the journal and treats. ^_^ I should be able to get a start on it this weekend.

ZoseyPosey
02-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Into the Forest is ready to move along! sakura-panda, are you still next on the blanket?

sakura-panda
02-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Into the Forest is ready to move along! sakura-panda, are you still next on the blanket?

Yes! Thanks! Do you need my address?

ZoseyPosey
02-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes, please!

maryknitwit
02-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Good morning! I'm new to this forum, but certainly not to knitting. If you still need knitters on any of those blankets, I'd love to join in. At the moment, I'd prefer not to be the last knitter on a blanket, as I don't know of any shelters in my area.

sakura-panda
02-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Good morning! I'm new to this forum, but certainly not to knitting. If you still need knitters on any of those blankets, I'd love to join in. At the moment, I'd prefer not to be the last knitter on a blanket, as I don't know of any shelters in my area.

Welcome to Knitting Help! We can always use additional knitters; I think we have just one blanket going around right now, with signups on a second one.

clopez57
02-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi I just joined this morning after seeing info in another news letter. I've been wanting to do something for the Shelters in the Sacramento area so I wouldn't mind being the last on the list but don't really mind where you put me.
Blessings,
Chris
Sacramento, CA:grphug:

sakura-panda
02-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi I just joined this morning after seeing info in another news letter. I've been wanting to do something for the Shelters in the Sacramento area so I wouldn't mind being the last on the list but don't really mind where you put me.
Blessings,
Chris
Sacramento, CA:grphug:

Hi, Chris! Welcome to KnittingHelp! We're glad to have you. :waving:

sakura-panda
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Tentative:

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. sakura-panda
4. KristinMei
5. salmonmac

1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl

This seems to be the most recent list. Whoever is keeping track of this is not doing a good job keeping everyone updated! :doh:

sakura-panda
02-18-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm making this update a separate post because copy/paste isn't working for me.

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey <-- Currently knitting :knitting:
3. sakura-panda
4. KristinMei
5. salmonmac

1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl

I think there is one more set of needles out there? Does anyone have them?

susauehl
02-18-2013, 04:53 PM
You are doing just fine! Welcome to all the new knitters! Glad you have joined!

KristinMei
02-21-2013, 12:38 AM
I think there is one more set of needles out there? Does anyone have them?

I have a set of needles. I can start another blanket any time, I'll just need a reminder on how many stitches to cast on. :)

sakura-panda
02-21-2013, 11:41 AM
I have a set of needles. I can start another blanket any time, I'll just need a reminder on how many stitches to cast on. :)

You start with 72 stitches, Kristin. I'm sitting on an empty set of needles too since we haven't had enough signups to start another blanket.

Thanks!

Lizars1735
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
You start with 72 stitches, Kristin. I'm sitting on an empty set of needles too since we haven't had enough signups to start another blanket.

Thanks!

If you need more people to sign up to help, I'll be glad to. I just need the "rules" for knitting a pet snuggle. I love animals!

sakura-panda
02-21-2013, 08:34 PM
If you need more people to sign up to help, I'll be glad to. I just need the "rules" for knitting a pet snuggle. I love animals!

Welcome! I've sent you a PM with the requirements. They are also in the first post of this thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83565).

For everybody, here are the snuggles that need knitters:

1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl

TBD:
1. KristinMei

Currently "in the wild":

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey <-- Currently knitting
3. sakura-panda
4. KristinMei
5. salmonmac

ZoseyPosey
02-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Into the Forest is on the way to you! It should be there on Saturday.

Lizars1735
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the message. I've got a lot of bright red and yellow yarn, so sign me up for something where those colors will work.

salmonmac
02-22-2013, 05:29 PM
I'll be happy to join either of the blankets that are still in need of knitters too. Thanks for coordinating these projects.

maryknitwit
02-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Put me down for whichever blanket you want. I've almost finished a pair of gloves as a prize for a friend's blog contest and I'll be ready to work on another project. I have way more yarn than anyone ought to be allowed to have.

sakura-panda
02-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Into the Forest is on the way to you! It should be there on Saturday.

Got it! Thanks! It's so pretty. I have a new excuse to go yarn shopping -- I don't have any of the right colors in my stash at the moment. (Well, not any that I'll admit to having anyway. :teehee: )

sakura-panda
02-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the message. I've got a lot of bright red and yellow yarn, so sign me up for something where those colors will work.

I'll be happy to join either of the blankets that are still in need of knitters too. Thanks for coordinating these projects.

Put me down for whichever blanket you want. I've almost finished a pair of gloves as a prize for a friend's blog contest and I'll be ready to work on another project. I have way more yarn than anyone ought to be allowed to have.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

If you want to be added to more than one blanket, let me know, but for the moment I'm adding everyone to the first blanket:

Tentative, order To Be Determined:

1. Katie/sakurapanda
2. Susan/susanuehl
3. Lizars1735
4. salmonmac
5. maryknitwit

TBD:
1. KristinMei

Currently "in the wild":

1. Susan/susanuehl
2. ZoseyPosey
3. sakura-panda <-- Currently knitting
4. KristinMei
5. salmonmac

Color isn't important with any these blankets -- the animals aren't fussy -- except to those of us that like to have an excuse to buy a new skein or two. ;)

susauehl
02-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi Katie,

Whenever you want to send Collie Cuddle, I am ready!

Susan

maryknitwit
03-04-2013, 11:18 AM
The last person donates to an animal shelter near them, right? I'm looking around for shelters in my area for when the Collie Cuddle blanket finally gets to me. I may end up mailing it to a shelter in Little Rock, but I'll see what I can find in Conway.

By the way, what yarn is used for Collie Cuddle?

sakura-panda
03-04-2013, 01:08 PM
The last person donates to an animal shelter near them, right? I'm looking around for shelters in my area for when the Collie Cuddle blanket finally gets to me. I may end up mailing it to a shelter in Little Rock, but I'll see what I can find in Conway.

By the way, what yarn is used for Collie Cuddle?

Yes, the last person donates and then starts the next blanket. If you have trouble finding a shelter or would prefer to not donate, let me know. I just threw everyone's name up in the order they signed up and was waiting to make sure everyone was willing to work on that blanket before I assigned spots.

We are using acrylic yarn on Collie Cuddle, worsted weight, two strands held together. I am planning to start it with one each of Vanna's Choice and Red Heart Super Saver, if that helps. :)

I'm slacking as I now have two blankets and am not working on either. I'm taking a break from knitting (except on these since I can do these pretty quickly) but it seems I went too far because I forgot I'm supposed to be working on them. :oops:

I will get started on them either tonight or tomorrow night and get at least one of them in the mail early next week.

maryknitwit
03-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Looking forward to it!

Lizars1735
03-10-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm fine with being after susauehl on Collie Cuddle

maryknitwit
03-14-2013, 10:03 AM
I will get started on them either tonight or tomorrow night and get at least one of them in the mail early next week.

Have the blankets gone out yet? Huh? Have they? Have they? :knitting:

sakura-panda
03-15-2013, 07:15 AM
I've knit two rows on one blanket. :oops: This time change has really done me in this year -- which is strange because usually it invigorates me! I'll work on it this weekend and give an update on Monday -- hopefully it will be finished by then. Sorry for the delay!

susauehl
03-16-2013, 12:10 AM
No worries!

salmonmac
03-16-2013, 07:22 AM
I second that. Take your time and enjoy the knitting. No sense letting this become just another chore.

maryknitwit
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
They're right! No worries! All is well. I have other knitting projects to keep me occupied. Two shawls in the works.

sakura-panda
03-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks -- you all are so kind and patient! :hug:

I've heard it many times before, but last week I heard (again) that sometimes continental knitting is easier for a new knitter who has crocheted in the past. I keep trying to hold the yarn in my left hand (I crocheted when I was young, before I learned to knit) and I haven't come up with a good way to do that with English knitting. :teehee:

On Saturday, I used the Knitting Help app to teach myself continental knitting and after a 1.5" x 6" swatch I thought I had it figured out; I abandoned my scrap swatch to work on Into the Forest. I found that it was a little more difficult with two strands on sticky and rounded bamboo needles than one strand on slick and pointy Harmony needles. I was happy with my progress though, and figured I just needed more practice.

Then I added the TV. :doh: After about a half dozen rows, I saw that I dropped a couple of consecutive stitches row back; I picked them up and kept going, and then a couple of rows later I found more dropped stitches, a couple of rows back.

I ripped it out to the dropped stitches and switched back to my regular English knit style.

I think that it might have been too soon for me to work with two strands (while watching TV ;)) on a project that I feel like I should be rushing. (I know I don't need to rush -- but you know how you get that *feeling* and can't help yourself.)

Overally, I liked the continental knitting much better than my normal English style. I'm just not ready to multi-task with it yet, at least not with multiple strands.

I should have measured it before I went to bed last night -- I think I've finished about two inches so far. I hope to have it finished by the end of the week. (It seems like I've said that before. :blush: )

salmonmac
03-20-2013, 05:24 AM
It's always an adventure when you teach yourself something new! I agree, a quiet place, if you can find it, would be ideal. You can concentrate on making the stitches and developing muscle memory for the technique.

sakura-panda
03-21-2013, 10:38 AM
I like that term -- muscle memory -- and it is something I forgot about when I was practicing. It takes more than a half dozen rows to get good at a new stitch or technique.

I finally finished Into the Forest and it is ready to be mailed out. I had one ball of the yarn I wanted to use for Collie Cuddle, but I couldn't find the other other; then I found the other and couldn't find the first. :doh: After I took a picture of Into the Forest, I dug around and found *both* of the colors, so I will be starting that one soon.

I will post the picture after I send it out.

On a housekeeping note, this thread is getting pretty long and Sandy has been getting questions about how to join us, so I'm going to start a new thread with updated sign up lists. I'll post the link here when I've got it up, so that you don't have to go looking for it.

sakura-panda
03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
New thread: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112586