PDA

View Full Version : Sorta Bummed!

stacyk9
09-23-2008, 01:48 PM
I'll try to make this short. My husband works for Edward Jones and he was in the running for an office in St. Louis, which would be great since both of our families are there. We currently live about 1 1/2 hours away. There is someone REALLY interested in buying our house and it would be a cash deal and we already know what house we want to buy, if DH doesn't get the office in St. Louis. Everything was going great, until this past Sunday!! The couple whose house we want to buy was in our Sunday School class until they were transferred out of the area, but they were back in town for the weekend and we saw them at church. Well, they told us that someone else had just put a contract on their house last week. Bummer! It's okay, we thought, because we still had a chance at an office in St. Louis. Nope! Got that call today that someone else got the office. DH was first in line for the office, but someone from Headquarters was stepping down and wanted to get back into an office, so that's that! Now we don't have a house to buy and we're not moving to St. Louis and I'm just totally bummed. I think we're just going to take our house off the market even though we have someone really interested. I know we could find another home in the area, but we have fallen in love with this particular neighborhood, but all the other homes are quite a bit out of our price range.

I keep trying to tell myself that this just wasn't the plan for us, but I was so hoping it was!! I will now go drown my sorrows in some knitting!

Stacy

Simply_Renee
09-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Stacy, that is such a bummer. You had plan A, that was totally acceptable, then plan B, which was the same, and life gave you plan C!

I am sure even better things are in store for you- but in the meantime feel free to wallow around in some yarn for a while.

Best of luck! :hug:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-23-2008, 07:20 PM
That stinks! Maybe in 5 years you'll look back and see that it was for the best... but I know that doesn't make you feel any better now :hug:

auburnchick
09-23-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry...:hug:

I know how painful it is when something that seems to be the right thing falls through. But, I trust in God's plan. There's something else down the road. You can be sure of that.

:hug:

Puddinpop
09-23-2008, 08:14 PM
It seems when we plan, we quickly find out we are not the person controlling out destiny. I was so ready to have my surgery on a certain day and had people at work to cover for me. Then my oldest brother died. I said that I could still have the surgery and take a pain pill and still go to the funeral the next day. Nope! My doctor canceled my surgery and said that my blood sugar was way up and I had to get that checked out before surgery. I hurriedly made appt. for another general doctor to check out my blood sugar. I then rushed that info. to surgeon. He called and said that I could plan for the surgery again. It was supposed to be out patient surgery, but my lungs weren't taking in enough oxygen when I would fall asleep, after surgery and I ended up staying in the hospital for 4 days. There are reasons why things happen the way they do, even if we can't see them. If you believe in God, the bible says that everything happens for the good of those who love Him. Sorry that you are bummed.

knitpurlgurl
09-24-2008, 08:42 AM
:hug: There is a reason for everything.. It's so hard to see what it may be when your hopes are dashed, but eventually a new plan will be apparent to you. Good luck to you.

P.S. I like to drown my sorrows in both knitting and Chunky Monkey at the same time ;)

dustinac
09-24-2008, 09:09 AM
:hug:

stacyk9
09-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for everyone's encouraging words and you are all so right, things happen for a reason. I can't see that reason right now, but I will see it down the road. On the bright side, I did get some knitting done while sulking and even though I'm on a special diet due to my PCOS, I did indulge in one M&M cookie!! I just needed it!!

nephthys8
09-24-2008, 09:55 AM
It's okay to be bummed, Stacy. You were really excited and things didn't work out the way you were hoping. I think anyone is allowed to be a little bummed in a situation like that.

BUT!

I have found, personally, that when things like that happen to me, it always works out for the best. Something better usually comes along not too long afterwards and all I can think is, "wow, if I'd gone with my original plan, I'd never be able to do this now! I'm so glad I can." So, I'll send you some good vibes in hopes that something even more fantasic comes your way. :)

stacyk9
09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I have found, personally, that when things like that happen to me, it always works out for the best. Something better usually comes along not too long afterwards

So true! As a matter of fact, when DH was talking to headquarters about the office, they told him that they were still keeping his name at the top of the list in case something were to open up in the area. Who knows?

nephthys8
09-24-2008, 03:27 PM
So true! As a matter of fact, when DH was talking to headquarters about the office, they told him that they were still keeping his name at the top of the list in case something were to open up in the area. Who knows?

Best of luck!! ::good vibes::

JustAFloridaGirl
09-24-2008, 04:41 PM
When it rains it pours. I'm so sorry. I wish I had words of encouragement, but being that I'm going through some rather frustrating things myself at the moment, they're hard to conjure up. The only thing that keeps me from completely losing it and wallowing 24/7 in self-pity is the fact that there are others out there in worse situations...I draw strength from it and it helps me to see things in a different light and be thankful for what I do have.

I really do hope things work out for you. I am a believer in the idea that things happen for a reason...although it doesn't necessarily mean we have to like it at the time! You and your husband will definitely be in my thoughts. :)