PDA

View Full Version : Calorimetry and a dish/wash cloth

evona
10-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I finally have pictures of some projects I've done! I don't have a camera so I always have to wait until my BF remembers to bring his camera over - plus I haven't done much knitting over the summer unfortunately.

So - there are 2 pics of my 1st try at calorimetry. It wound up a bit big so I sewed on 2 buttons rather than 1. There is one pic of a dish.wash cloth I made for my mom. I made her a couple more this week, but they haven't been photographed and I have to get them in the mail. Oh well :)

ArtLady1981
10-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Oooohh La La! Just love the caliometry and the color, too!
Very nice indeed!

The dishcloth is a mini artwork! I love making them myself,too...I just wish they stayed nice looking after I put 'em thru the wringer! I'm too hard on them I guess! :teehee:

Jan in CA
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Very nice! Great idea to add an extra button.

WandaT
10-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Great job on both!!

GirlChris
10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
nice, I like the color too

Raeknitsnwa
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I have been wanting to make a calorimetry I love the color of the yarn you used it looks great

evona
10-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys! The Calorimetry was super easy. I finished it in a day (although it took a week for me to get motivated to add the buttons :rofl: ) I'm going to make another one soon, but I think i will take the advice I've seen on Ravelry and only cast on 100 stitches.

I can't take credit for the 2 button idea since I saw that on Ravelry too, but I am happy I got the chance to use both those buttons. I love them and I was looking for the right piece to add them too. I figured this piece looked Autumny enough :)

I love making dishcloths. I'm officially addicted to them :roflhard:

*KnitPixie*
10-13-2008, 09:03 PM
I love your caliometry and the yarn you used too ...perfect for autumn:)

dustinac
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
:yay: Great job!!

MerigoldinWA
10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Very nice calorimetry! The patterning turned out cool and the colors are very much for fall. Nice use for your pretty buttons.

auburnchick
10-17-2008, 07:53 PM
GREAT job! I love the calorimetry. It's such a fun, easy pattern!

new_knitter
10-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Great job! :cheering: I really like your calorimetry! I hadn't seen that pattern before.

evona
10-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Great job! :cheering: I really like your calorimetry! I hadn't seen that pattern before.

I couldn't tell if you already found the pattern, but I thought I'd post it just in case:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html

I dunno if you're on Ravelry, but there are a lot of tips on how to make it fit a little better on that site. The next time I do one I will be casting on 100 stitches rather than 120 for sure :)

Its a really fun pattern!

dmknits
10-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Great job on both. :)

outdoordrea
10-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I love the color. Wanna share the yarn name?

usamacka
10-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Wow...I wouldn't be using that as a dishcloth! I think I would frame it. Very beautiful!
What is the cali thing???? for the head? I am a little slow these days.

evona
10-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I love the color. Wanna share the yarn name?

I used the yarn that the pattern suggested for the calorimetry. Filatura Di Crosa 127 in Limey yellow.

I used Lily Sugar n'Cream for the dishcloth :)

Wow...I wouldn't be using that as a dishcloth! I think I would frame it. Very beautiful!
What is the cali thing???? for the head? I am a little slow these days.

Awww! Thank you :aww:

The calorimetry is a head wrap. You can find the pattern here:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html

:)

lulubell
10-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Sorry to be so ignorant, but I have never heard of the word calorimetri. What do you use it for? I cannot tell from the pictures if it is something like a wrist warmer, or a neck warmer thing or what! Love the colours and the button suits "it" very well, JUST WHAT IS IT??????

evona
10-29-2008, 03:28 AM
Sorry to be so ignorant, but I have never heard of the word calorimetri. What do you use it for? I cannot tell from the pictures if it is something like a wrist warmer, or a neck warmer thing or what! Love the colours and the button suits "it" very well, JUST WHAT IS IT??????

Well calorimetry is actually a scientific term having to do with measuring heat so even looking up the word wouldn't help you tell what it has to do with what I made :) In this case though its just the name the designer gave to the pattern. You can find it on knitty.com. Its a headwrap :) Its a very fun pattern.

lulubell
10-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Aha! I looked up the word in the Dictionary when I got home, but only got calorie and calorific type words, had figured it was something to do with warmth. I was talking to my sister in Auckland last night and telling her about it, she says to find out what it is, get the pattern and perhaps we can start a trend here in New Zealand! Only problem, we are at the beginning of summer.

evona
10-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Aha! I looked up the word in the Dictionary when I got home, but only got calorie and calorific type words, had figured it was something to do with warmth. I was talking to my sister in Auckland last night and telling her about it, she says to find out what it is, get the pattern and perhaps we can start a trend here in New Zealand! Only problem, we are at the beginning of summer.

Well you can knit em now and have them waiting for winter :) I linked to the pattern above. If you ever are on Ravelry they have some good tips that I think I would follow next time I do one. Mine came out really long, which is why I used 2 buttons to close it. Some other Ravelry members suggested casting on 100 rather than 120 called for in the pattern so that it won't come out as long and will also be a bit smaller. I guess it would all depend on what you like and the size of the head its going around though ;)

Karina
10-30-2008, 03:57 PM
You did a great job on the calorimetry, I would like to make one for both my daughter and myself. will look up on Ravelry for hints and tips like you suggested. thanks.

I adore your wash cloth, is there a link to a pattern? I never use these cloths for dishes, my kids and I use them in the bath.

mhansen
10-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Both are very nice and I really like the colors on the calorimetry.