PDA

View Full Version : New Swap

*KnitPixie*
10-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi everyone my best friend and I are hosting a "kit n' kaboodle swap" over in the knit along section you can sign if you wish to.30 people viewed the swap but didn't sign up ...actually so far nobody has signed up and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for improvement or maybe no one signed up yet because it was late when we posted the thread or because they are broke with economy being crappy and all.Welll what do you all think? Hmm we were so sure this would take off right away because we are due for a swap and thought the idea of a knit kit was fantastic:teehee: lol Well thanks guys and gals for any advice;)

Debbie
10-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I am ready for a new swap ! I will go over and check it out :)

knitgal
10-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Maybe with holidays coming people are reluctant to swap? I know swapping takes a lot of time and effort for me, so I would be less likely to do it when going into a busy time.

thecatsmother
10-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I was just going to comment about the postage but I see it is only for members in the US.I don't generally join swaps as the price of mailing pkgs here is really high.It sounds like fun though so I hope you get a lot of participants

knitgal
10-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Yes, I just went and read it and noticed that it is only for Americans, which eliminates a large portion of people on KH. Perhaps that's why people are reading but not signing up?

*KnitPixie*
10-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Well I guess we could open this swap to international swappers as well but to save money we would be probably be pairing international with international so that more money could be spent on kits=) Also I had a few questions about patterns just to clarify they can be free that will mean more money will be spent on the rest of the kit thats all;)

WE HAVE DECIDED THIS SWAP IS OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS AS WELL=)

KnittinMitchie
10-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm already signed up to do one swap and have plans to sign up for one more with my yahoo group Lone Star State Knitters

miccisue
10-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Not enough time, not enough $$$....sorry.

Swaps are a lot of fun, but I'm trying to cut back on expenses - the heat and lighting bills are going to be horrendous this winter.

*KnitPixie*
10-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Debbie come join us it will be fun=)

*KnitPixie*
10-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Thats okay missicue maybe next time;)