PDA

View Full Version : Mock cable luxury set :)

ritaw
10-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Everyone :)
Here is a scarf and hat set i have made for me :yay: (Yes i did say for me lol) :roflhard:
It is made with Caron Simply soft . It is a lovely deep rich brown colour .
I am absolutely in love with this hat and scarf :cheering:
Thanks Momwolf for sending me this yarn a while back . I just had to wait to find something to make that would be for me . And here it is

mks22300
10-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Ooo, it's very lovely! I just love mock cables.

sue in canada
10-12-2008, 12:06 PM
That looks great Rita. So glad you finally made something for yourself. Just hope you won't have to wear it in the very near future.

thecatsmother
10-12-2008, 12:16 PM
It's beautiful, looks nice and warm and I love the colour

ritaw
10-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks Sue :) I am sure i will be wearing it soon . The weather is sunny today but there is a chill in the air . Winter is coming ! But i will be wrapped up warm !

Jan in CA
10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
That's really pretty!

cindycactus
10-12-2008, 05:31 PM
The set is beautiful. Looks so soft. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

mhansen
10-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Very nice.

WandaT
10-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Beautiful! LOVE that stitch pattern!

dustinac
10-13-2008, 09:13 AM
It looks wonderful and I'm so glad you took the time to knit something for YOU :hug:

ritaw
10-13-2008, 09:16 AM
It looks wonderful and I'm so glad you took the time to knit something for YOU :hug:
Thanks Dustina :) I do so much knitting that i had not really noticed till recently that i did not make anything for me .

I hope you are well at your end . The kids must be growing fast now :)

dustinac
10-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks Dustina :) I do so much knitting that i had not really noticed till recently that i did not make anything for me .

I hope you are well at your end . The kids must be growing fast now :)

Thanks they are growing up fast...It's been crazy here and we were all sick last week...I'm finally up and off the couch...we went home on Friday and now JD and mom have it :oo:

I hope you guys are doing good and we want to see more FO for you :teehee:

momwolf
10-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Rita -If I keep sending you yarn will you keep sending chocolate? The last bunch came just when Gregg and I where having a melt down doing the kitchen. We need pics of you in your lovely hat and scarf :cheering: A word of advice, Don't put fabric sheets in the dryer when you dry them and that will keep the pilling down.

ritaw
10-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Rita -If I keep sending you yarn will you keep sending chocolate? The last bunch came just when Gregg and I where having a melt down doing the kitchen. We need pics of you in your lovely hat and scarf :cheering: A word of advice, Don't put fabric sheets in the dryer when you dry them and that will keep the pilling down.
Chocolate by the bucket load :rofl: . I am glad that it came in your time of need. There is nothing like a sugar rush when you are decorating lol
I hope you will not send me your dental healthcare bill when you get cavities:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Thanks for the advice . I won't use the sheets .
:hug:

ritaw
10-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Here you go Julie :) Just for you! :hug:
Best i could do at this time of day lol xxx

momwolf
10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Rita they arehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_113.gif Grab your coat and Luke and go...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_17.gif

tilllie
10-13-2008, 08:59 PM
I love your hat and scarf but especially the hat! Where did you get the pattern?

*KnitPixie*
10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Very pretty!!

ritaw
10-14-2008, 02:24 AM
I love your hat and scarf but especially the hat! Where did you get the pattern?
Hi tillie,
I just used a stitch pattern called mock cable and made it up from there.
I think i cast on 127 for the hat and 62 for the scarf . :hug:

Julie - LOL can you imagine going down the slopes:roflhard:

Nobones
10-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Here you go Julie :) Just for you! :hug:
Best i could do at this time of day lol xxx

It Looks so nice on you! :cheering: I bet it felt odd doing something for yourself. I don't think as long as I've known you to do something just for you! :muah:

The cable stitches look just gorgeous. I'm off today to resume my own knitting! (yes I've put the guitar down!!)

mwhite
10-14-2008, 09:42 AM
LOVE the chocolate set, Rita! The mock cable turns out so nice!

ritaw
10-14-2008, 11:04 AM
It Looks so nice on you! :cheering: I bet it felt odd doing something for yourself. I don't think as long as I've known you to do something just for you! :muah:

The cable stitches look just gorgeous. I'm off today to resume my own knitting! (yes I've put the guitar down!!)
Thanks Ellie . I had not thought about it before but it has been really long since i made something for me .
I am glad that the guitar is having a rest , Now maybe you can get some knitting done lol :roflhard:

GirlChris
10-14-2008, 03:11 PM
NICE, I love the color

ritaw
10-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks they are growing up fast...It's been crazy here and we were all sick last week...I'm finally up and off the couch...we went home on Friday and now JD and mom have it :oo:

I hope you guys are doing good and we want to see more FO for you :teehee:

Oh My , I hope you all make a quick recovery . I know it is not much fun .
We are all fine . i am looking forward to half term , which is when kids here get a week off. they break up on the 24th. :)

NICE, I love the color
Thank you Chris . I have to admit the colour is just so velvety chocolatey lol

sue in canada
10-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Just saw the photo, looks great on you Rita. I hate myself in hats but I do wear one occasionally when it gets really cold here.

ritaw
10-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Just saw the photo, looks great on you Rita. I hate myself in hats but I do wear one occasionally when it gets really cold here.
Thank you Sue ,
When it is cold , I do not care what i look like in hats . I would rather be warm than suffer the cold .:thumbsup:

MerigoldinWA
10-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I like the nice rich brown. Caron Simply Soft definitely lives up to its name. Those little cables you used on the hat are very effective.

ritaw
10-17-2008, 01:10 PM
I like the nice rich brown. Caron Simply Soft definitely lives up to its name. Those little cables you used on the hat are very effective.
You are so right ! The cables are very effective and the bonus is there was no cable needle in sight :cheering: Thank you :hug:

MerigoldinWA
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah, they are the cat's pajamas!