PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Malabrigo Yarn Worsted 100% Merino

jennebersold
10-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Or a comparable yarn.

Looking for the following colors in Malabrigo Yarn: emerald, frank ochre, hollyhock, lettuce, pagoda, purple magic.

Im desperate! ( c :

Jan in CA
10-13-2008, 11:07 PM
You might find it harder to come by since Malabrigo is an expensive yarn. Have you tried online or on Ravelry?

jennebersold
10-13-2008, 11:10 PM
You might find it harder to come by since Malabrigo is an expensive yarn. Have you tried online or on Ravelry?

I have tried both. And i have found a lot of the colors I need on line, but no one has all of them so I'd be paying a ton in shipping not to mention 11.00 each for the 12 skeins I need. ugh.

Tropicflower24
10-14-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm not positive, but I think the price may be going up soon. (Or now). That's just a gut feeling. The (or one of?) factory warehouse was on fire the other day and a lot of what was in the warehouse was destroyed. I'm not sure how long it will be until they are able to start everything up again, but I get the feeling that the demand is gonna go through the roof. :)

jennebersold
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm not positive, but I think the price may be going up soon. (Or now). That's just a gut feeling. The (or one of?) factory warehouse was on fire the other day and a lot of what was in the warehouse was destroyed. I'm not sure how long it will be until they are able to start everything up again, but I get the feeling that the demand is gonna go through the roof. :)

Oh no! That's awful! Thanks for the tip.

GinnyG
10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Have you tried ebay, I get all my malibrigo from ebay.

cdjack
10-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't think the price is going up. The fire was months ago and my lys has ordered the yarn since then and it is still $10 a skein. The only one that you need that my lys carries is pagoda. And maybe emerald...

jennebersold
10-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't think the price is going up. The fire was months ago and my lys has ordered the yarn since then and it is still $10 a skein. The only one that you need that my lys carries is pagoda. And maybe emerald...

Thats most of the problem I am having. I dont want to pay shipping at five different places to get 6 colors of yarn. I cant find the frank ochre anywhere either. Its sold out everwhere I have looked.

KnittinMitchie
10-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Thats most of the problem I am having. I dont want to pay shipping at five different places to get 6 colors of yarn. I cant find the frank ochre anywhere either. Its sold out everwhere I have looked.

Knit On (http://www.knit-on.com/) in Cincinnati, Ohio carries Malabrigo yarn you may want to see if they carry all of the colors you need. Their building is 3 stories FULL of yarn.

Hope this helps you out.

momwolf
10-15-2008, 05:38 PM
They have all your colors here
http://www.personalthreads.com/newsite/colorpages/title.cfm?mfr=Malabrigo&title=Malabrigo%20Merino

cdjack
10-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I checked my lys for you today. She has emerald, pagoda, and purple magic.