PDA

View Full Version : Just have to say...

lelvsdgs
10-21-2008, 12:37 PM
I just have to say thanks to everyone on this site for all the inspiration, company and laughter.

I've been home about a week now after my surgery and have spent a lot of lurking time on here while recovering. I love seeing everyone's projects, have gotten some inspiration for charity knitting and for learning how to knit socks! It is my goal for the end of the year to learn how to knit in the round and make a pair of socks!

So, thanks to everyone for the company and inspiration. :muah: :muah:
Lee

The.Knitter
10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Lee: You need to use Silver's Sock Tutorial if you are trying to learn to knit in the round AND knit socks! I have never done either. My New Years resolution this year was to learn both things. I used Silver's tutorial and it was EASY to learn.

http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm

Glad you're feeling better and good luck with your sock knitting!

Puddinpop
10-21-2008, 01:04 PM
I hope you are on the mend. As for knitting socks; just do it!!:thumbsup:

lelvsdgs
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Lee: You need to use Silver's Sock Tutorial if you are trying to learn to knit in the round AND knit socks! I have never done either. My New Years resolution this year was to learn both things. I used Silver's tutorial and it was EASY to learn.

http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm

Glad you're feeling better and good luck with your sock knitting!

I've got this bookmarked for just this reason! Thanks for the ideas and the good wishes!

PurlyGyrl
10-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Glad to hear you are improving! :hug: I've just made my second pair of socks ever and I've decided that I LOVE TO KNIT SOCKS! Silver's sock tutorials are great--they lead you through the process step-by-step and the photos are so helpful. Go for it!

zkimom
10-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Lee,

Sending lots of healing vibes your way.

I had surgery for an Achilles Tendon Repair a year ago August and I know that surgery is no picnic.

Knitting definitely helps.

:muah:
Good luck with your sock knitting and I second the suggestion to try Silver's tutorials.

Best,
Susan

lelvsdgs
10-26-2008, 12:17 PM
After overdoing it yesterday and being relegated to the couch I impulsively grabbed my needles, yarn and Silver's sock class, I cast on my first sock!!!! I decided that it wouldn't have to be perfect and that I would just get through the first sock. So far it's so much fun! The dpn's are a real challenge but I decided to follow her advice and start with them. I see some mistakes I made but am moving on just to get to the end. I can't believe I'm knitting in the round!

Dangles
10-27-2008, 02:20 AM
:hug: Hang in there. You will be up and around in no time.

cindycactus
10-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Hope you heal really fast but now is such a good time to learn DPN's and socks. Just keep going and you will have it mastered in no time. :muah: