View Full Version : Needle Choice????

10-22-2008, 04:41 PM
I have the opportunity to get an unopened Needlemaster from ebay for about $10:yay: , and I was wondering whether I should do it or not. I've read pretty much every post relating to the subject, but no one has posted whether to get it at such a great deal. I have a set of Boye straights right now that I love, but seem to keep bending as I use bulky yarn size 13 to make a sweater. Is that common with needles or just my pair. I hope this makes some sense! Thanks!

10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
I've never heard of needlemaster - but for $10 - I can't imagine that you would be getting a bad deal.

I found a set on Joann for $70 - http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2868&PRODID=prd20751&_requestid=2612760

so $10 sounds like a steal.

Everyone has a needle that they like over others... I've used plastic, aluminum, birch, and bamboo.... I really like my bamboo needles, but in a pinch, I use my aluminum.

Jan in CA
10-22-2008, 08:12 PM
That is a good deal! I don't like Boye circulars, but for that price you really can't go wrong. Use them for awhile and if you decide you don't like them then you aren't out much.

10-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Yep, they're not my favorite, but for that price I'd get them too!

10-23-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd save the $10.00 to go towards Knit Picks Options. I don't have the Options but I really like the Knit Picks needles. I mostly have Addi Turbos.

I have the Needlemaster and haven't used them since bought my first Addi.

10-24-2008, 09:09 AM
I'd also save my pennies for the KP Options.. the needlemaster set isn't the greatest (IMHO). I mean, it's not horrible. But honestly, if you buy it and hate the needles, then you've actually wasted $10. KP are a great, low-cost on. They are very flexible and smooth. :) But on the other hand, that is a good deal. You may want to go to JoAnn's and have a peek before bidding.