PDA

View Full Version : Handmade lap blankets needed for Seniors in Nursing Homes during the Holiday Season!

Susen123
10-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I am posting this for a great Community Campaign that is taking place in Washington. It was started by a great lady who believes in giving back to seniors who are in nursing homes during the holidays. I hope you can help her out! Here's the info:

Wrap a Senior in LOVE

Can a simple act of kindness change one person's life? - Yes it can!
Many seniors in nursing homes are alone, without family and without some holiday cheer. Please help us make a difference in the lives of Seniors in Washington Nursing Homes, by donating a hand knitted or crocheted wrap (lap blanket) as a holiday gift to Acknowledge, Remember and Honor them during the holiday season

Deadline: December 10th
Size: no larger than 5 x 5 ft
Colors preferred: Warm colors no black please
Must be machine washable!

Blankets can be sent directly to
Makaylaa Powers
Visiting Angels
903 5th Ave Ste 201, Kirkland WA 98033

For More Information Contact: Makaylaa Powers at Visiting Angels (425) 828-4500 or email makaylaa@eastsideangels.com

lizardknits
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
what are considered to be warm colors?
I would love to make a blanket for seniors, as I am leaning towards that area of work (i will be finishing my bachelor's degree in August, with my last class being my internship). I was an unpaid activity assistant at a long term care facility (nursing home) this summer and I loved it. I went back to visit and help out recently.
:D
:)