PDA

View Full Version : Got some MMMMalabrigo!!

KnitClickChick
10-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Last weekend I was up in Toronto. Romni Wools was recommended to me by some ladies here on KH, but sadly I didn't get there on time Saturday and they are closed Sunday. I did find my way to The Naked Sheep. Not a very big shop, but they did have a lot of nice yarn and the girls were very nice there. I decided to treat myself to an early birthday present. I got my first Malabrigo!! (upper left corner and the pretty blue below it) Also got some Yummy and Misti Alpaca sock yarn along with a few other totally scrumptious yarns. I can't wait to start knitting with it! I have vacation at work coming up soon, so I'm saving it all for that week. My only problem is what yarn to use first and what to make with it. I'm so excited!! :woohoo:

mks22300
10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Ooo, it all looks so pretty! :heart:
Have fun knitting with it!

knitpurlgurl
10-26-2008, 06:56 PM
So yummy! I'm so envious!! Happy early birthday!! :)

KnitClickChick
10-26-2008, 07:17 PM
knitpurlgurl, you can't really tell from the picture, but the darker colored Malabrigo I got reminded me of that lovely shawl you made that I really liked. Very autumn like colors. That is why I got it!

labeelady
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Let me know what you decide to make with your Malabrigo. The LYS here is now stocking it, both the worsted weight and the wool/silk blend. I've been eyeing it myself, but until I have something in mind for it, I'll let it stay on the shelf (hoping that no one else grabs it).

Arielluria
10-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Lucky dog! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Simply_Renee
10-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I would love to just pick up that whole bunch of yarn to see what it felt like! (I actually caught myself reaching for the monitor- how weird is that?!)

Lovely! I really like your choice of colors too.

Happy early b-day!

auburnchick
10-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Oh wow! :inlove:

Glad you treated yourself! Enjoy every minute knitting with the heavenly strands!

Plantgoddess+
10-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Lucky you! I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of that gorgeous yarn. I hope someday to fondle some Malabrigo yarn.

KnittinMitchie
10-27-2008, 06:57 PM
I was gifted a skein of Mmmm awhile back and it will one day be a pair of ankle socks. I'm waiting on Rabbit to get Austin all better so we can knit a pair together.

blueygh2
10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
I ordered a few skeins of Mmmmmmmm because I couldn't decide on the color.... They had too many beautiful colors...

Now all but one of the mmmmmmm has found a project...

MoniDew
10-29-2008, 06:03 AM
My only problem is what yarn to use first and what to make with it. I'm so excited!! :woohoo:

Oh, you poor, poor thing! What a problem! :roflhard:
________
Buy Vapir One (http://www.vaporshop.com/one-vaporizer.html)

Dangles
10-29-2008, 02:12 PM
:inlove: Ooooo.. how purty! Happy early birthday! :)