PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help!

happyknitting
10-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Hi!
I need help understanding these directions. I have never done yarn overs at the beginning of a row and /or slip a stitch to knit them together while on the right needle.

My pattern says;
Row 32: * O (yarn over), sl 1, k tog the YO and sl st of previous row, repeat from * across, end with k 1.
Row 33: K1, *O, sl 1, K tog the O and sl st of previous row, repeat from * across
Repeat rows 32 and 33 four times.
Row 42:* K1, K tog the O and sl st of previous row, repeat from * across, end with K1. There are now 49 sts. You are now ready to start decreasing for sole of bootie.

I have done yarn overs before between a knit and a purl and between a purl and a knit, etc and slipped stitches, but had never encountered this type of direction. How do I do this!!?? :doh: I have 70 stitches on my needle right now. These are directions for baby booties. Please help! :pout: The baby was born a week ago and I need to finish these booties as a gift ASAP :knitting: .
Thank you very much

knitpurlgurl
10-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I would just YO and slip the stitch onto the needle immediately after. The slipped stitch should keep the YO on the needle. I'd be interested to hear what the more experienced knitters have to say.. I'm still fairly wet behind the ears too. Good luck! Don't give up!! :)

suzeeq
10-28-2008, 10:32 AM
To YO at the beginning of the row, bring your yarn to the front and slip the st, then bring the yarn to the back; now knit the yo/sl st from the row before together like you would do a k2tog.