PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

solangecristiny
11-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Hello my name is Solange Cristiny, live in Sao Paulo, Brazil and I am without knowing how to make two points called: LT - Left Twist and other RT - Right Twist.
Does any of vcs has illustrations or a video showing how to make these points?!
Thank you.
Bjs.

labeelady
11-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Are you making socks by any chance? The LT and RT are cable stitches. If it's a Right Twist, you put the number of stitches required on a cable needle, move them to the back, either knit or purl the next number of stitches required, then knit or purl the stitches on the cable needle.

For the left twist, you put the stitches required on the cable needle and hold in front of your work, knit or purl the next number of stitches required, then knit or purl the stitches on the cable needle.

I'm knitting a pair of socks now that calls for a LT and a RT, but the instructions for both are at the beginning of the pattern.

solangecristiny
11-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Helo Labeelady!!
Not stockings, no. It is a recipe for Vogue, the Sideways Cardigan. Thank you for information, I will try to decipher and weaving.
Thank you.
Bjs.

Jan in CA
11-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Here is an older thread about this. It has information on how to do it.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84636

suzeeq
11-02-2008, 11:05 AM
There should be an explanation how to do these sts in the pattern notes or in the magazine somewhere. But labeelady explained it well; these are mini cables usually done over 2 stitches, where you knit the 2nd stitch first, leave on the needle, then knit the 1st stitch.