PDA

View Full Version : NEEDLE QUESTION???

IM4EVERGOOD2U
11-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I AM A BRAND NEW KNITTER AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT NEEDLES YOU MIGHT RECOMMEND FOR A NEWBIE.

METAL OR WOOD??

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS...

MILLIE:thumbsup:

crazykntter83
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
It all depends on your preference. I would say that you would need to try different kind of needles to know which ones feel best to you. Good luck! :)

thepurplegg
11-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Metal is good because it's slippery and new knitters tend to knit tight.

On the other hand, wood is good because it's lightweight.

Do you have a yarn store or are you going to a Hobby Lobby or something? At my LYS there are needles everywhere and I'm sure if I asked she would let me try any of them. If you had a similar opportunity, that would probably be good so you could see which you like personally.

Good luck with knitting! It's very addictive! :)

IM4EVERGOOD2U
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
THANKS GUYS--I HAVE AN AC MOORE BY ME--THAY ALSO HOLD BEGINNER CLASSES SO IM THINKING OF GIVING IT A SHOT TO GET SOME PRACTICE--THANKS AGAIN!

Craw
11-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm going to watch this thread because I'm also new to knitting. I have a few sets of needles already (gotta love those 40% off coupons!) but most of them are plastic. I'm finding that easier to learn on. I got bamboo ones and took them back. I'd heard the bamboo would be easier because the stitches don't fall off the needle as easily but I couldn't get them off the needle at all! The other ones I have are aluminum and kind of slippery for me just yet. I want to try a pair of knitpicks Harmony :mrgreen: but I think I'll wait until I get a little more practice in on the plastic ones. :knitting:

IM4EVERGOOD2U
11-03-2008, 02:01 PM
HI CRAW,

I NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED PLASTIC ONES--THANKS--I THINK I'LL START WITH THOSE.

THANKS AGAIN,
MILLIE