PDA

View Full Version : What Color?

mwhite
11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I want to make several shawls for the holidays, which of these colors would be most appropriate? Lionbrand LB 1878 Colors (http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/yarnInfo.cgi?yarnPage=1694595)

Jan in CA
11-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I think it kind of depends on the pattern and of course the person they are for. Overall for gifts I'd go with a neutral, but if you know the person loves a color then go for that.

mwhite
11-03-2008, 07:00 PM
The local Artisans Gallery has asked me to make 3 for sale within the next month....I need more fingers! LOL! I'm partial to the Claret...maybe I need to be looking at Royal Blue and Deep Greens, too?

lelvsdgs
11-03-2008, 07:03 PM
The local Artisans Gallery has asked me to make 3 for sale within the next month....I need more fingers! LOL! I'm partial to the Claret...maybe I need to be looking at Royal Blue and Deep Greens, too?
Those seem like reasonable colors that most people would like. I too love the Claret but that's one of my favorites!

mwhite
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Jan, how do I edit the poll? I'm open to different yarns as well, should be fingering or lighter weight...

auntcrafty
11-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I voted for the claret because it's the red is a traditional holiday color, but the fisherman is pretty neutral I would like that as well.

Jan in CA
11-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Jan, how do I edit the poll? I'm open to different yarns as well, should be fingering or lighter weight...

:think: I don't think you can edit the poll..or if so I don't know how. I'll check into and if I find a way I'll let you know.

mwhite
11-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Okay! Thanks...

I've found a gorgeous Royal blue, too! HERE (http://www.beyondbasicknits.com/merino-lace--hand-dyed.html) and look at all the other colors! Your Opinions DO Matter to me!

merchgirl
11-04-2008, 12:41 AM
I think the claret makes a good color for a holiday shawl in particular, but if it wasn't just a holiday thing, I'd probably go towards the natural heather, and/or the dark grey heather. You've got a lot of knitting ahead of you, good luck!

WandaT
11-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I like the Claret for a holiday color in the LB choices as well. For the merino lace, I love the Stormy and Mezzonite.