PDA

View Full Version : So Apparently I have pneumonia . . .

evona
11-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I've had a cough for about a week and a half and its recently been getting worse. I've had NO appetite all week, I feel a little feverish and I just couldn't think straight. Today my chest started hurting, and because I've had very bad pneumonia before I knew that was a sign that I should see someone. I am one of those people who keeps working even if I'm sick - comes with the territory of being a mom AND I inherited some of the midwestern farmer work ethic from my dad, but I know I can over do it sometimes. When I had my daughter I just couldn't take it easy and NOT clean, cook, etc and wound up making myself sick, when I had pneumonia before I went to 3 job interviews that week and wound up making things worse. So with all these things in mind and knowing how angry it made me when I found out my dad wouldn't take care of himself I decided to go to the After hours urgent care after work today. I really thought that they were going to give me some cough medicine and tell me to go home and when the doctor said "You have pneumonia" I actually said "No, you're kidding right?". Its just walking pneumonia, but I AM supposed to stay home and relax and take my medicine. Good excuse to knit at least :) :)

saracidaltendencies
11-08-2008, 12:16 AM
:hug: Hope you get better soon! Hubby has had pleurisy that lead to pneumonia (or vice versa) and from what he described, it sounds awful! I know it's hard (especially being a mom) but take care of yourself. :hug:

Knitting_Guy
11-08-2008, 12:19 AM
No such thing as "just" walking pneumonia. It's serious and you should follow their advice, take your meds, and get plenty of rest.

Been there, done that, and trust me, ignoring it is not a good thing (voice of experience).

I hope you feel better soon.

Now go rest!!!!!

evona
11-08-2008, 12:30 AM
:hug: Hope you get better soon! Hubby has had pleurisy that lead to pneumonia (or vice versa) and from what he described, it sounds awful! I know it's hard (especially being a mom) but take care of yourself. :hug:

Thanks! Last time I had pneumonia it felt like my lungs were deflated paper sacks! This isn't nearly as bad (so far - and I'm not letting it get that far).

Now go rest!!!!!

OK boss!! :) I'm off to bed anyway. Just got home a bit ago and HAD to make something to eat so I can take my antibiotics before I went to bed. I couldn't get down much, but enough I think.

Doublereeder2
11-08-2008, 12:31 AM
I second all of the above!!! Rest, chicken soup and the Levaquin should help.

Jan in CA
11-08-2008, 01:37 AM
I know it's hard with pneumonia, but get lots of sleep if you can. :hug:

DQ
11-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Hope you feel better soon :hug:

ritaw
11-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Sorry to hear you are unwell. You really need to listen to Mason . Take it easy and rest and follow those Doctors orders.
I wish you a speedy recovery .

dustinac
11-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I agree you need to take care of yourself and take it easy...hope you feel better soon :hug:

sabrinasmom
11-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Take care of yourself. So many people seem to have it this year.

mwhite
11-08-2008, 10:34 AM
You deserve a "Poor Baby"! Hope you'll feel better soon!

gingerbread
11-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh sorry you are sick. Do like everyone says take your meds and rest. Get better soon. And here is a big hug :grphug: from my house to yours.

:waving:

Crycket
11-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Get better soon *hugs*

mks22300
11-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I've had that before and it's not fun at all. Get lots of rest and I hope you feel better real soon! :hug:

evona
11-09-2008, 12:09 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for all your good thoughts and advice :hug:

Thankfully my DS is on a trip this weekend so nothing to run around for anyway (usually there is something or another going on with him - a party, a drama obligation, etc). Unfortunately my BF is with him. It would be nice to have him around this weekend to help out. I've felt pretty yucky all day. The antibiotics are gross and I have to take two kinds :ick: My house is a mess and I have more than once wanted to do something about it, but I have been good. Plus I really can't get up and get much done anyway. Mostly just long enough to get some toast, yogurt, soup or tea since that's been all I can keep down. I've popped online a couple of times though :wink:

I really appreciate all of your warm thoughts and it really makes me feel good :)

lelvsdgs
11-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Rest, fluids, antibiotics... that's the key. You don't want to mess with any kind of pneumonia...:hug:

MoniDew
11-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Oh sorry you are sick. Do like everyone says take your meds and rest. Get better soon. And here is a big hug :grphug: from my house to yours. :waving:

and one from me, too:grphug:
________
Rhode Island Medical Marijuana (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

Knitting_Guy
11-10-2008, 01:21 AM
I've popped online a couple of times though
Get back to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your knitting with you.

Plantgoddess+
11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Take good care of yourself. I've been there as well and rest is the best. Hopefully you can knit in bed.

Puddinpop
11-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I have heard it is very important to get lots of rest. It gives your body time to heal itself. I hope it's over for you soon.

Simply_Renee
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Hopefully you're on the mend by now- glad you're taking it easy. Don't worry about the house until later!

Get well!

evona
11-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone - I'm doing better today. mostly I've been exhausted. I've been sleeping and knitting most of my days. Today I feel a bit better. My son asked how I was feeling this morning and I said "I don't know yet." :rofl: I feel better in the mornings usually and then I start getting exhausted as the day wears on. Thanks for all the good thoughts :hug:

evona
11-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Get back to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your knitting with you.

:rofl: :rofl:

I did! My bed is full of knitting projects now. I'm on my second teddy bear (1st ones not stuffed yet though), I knit a neck warmer for a friend and I am knitting a scarf for my son's b-day on the 23rd :)