PDA

View Full Version : Lots of FOs

feministmama
11-08-2008, 02:55 PM
So I have this thing where I carry around a sock with me at all times. It's my emergency knitting. You never know when you'll get stuck in line or have to wait for something so I always have a sock to work on. So it usually takes me 5-6 months to finish a sock this way. I finally finished one I started in May. I used Zitron Trekking XXL sock yarn. Great colors, yummy soft. A little more stretchy than I want it to be but whatever. So now I got to CO for the next sock and carry it around with me for the next 6 months.

I've also been doing lots of squares. I love them. So meditative, so easy, so pretty. I have so many different kinds of sock yarn. Lots of the cheaper acrylic comapnies are makign sock yarn now. (75% wool 25% nylon) I just used my Joanns coupon for Paton's Kroy sock stripes. Soft and yummy. Gotta CO for that too. Ah I :heart: knitting.

Dianeadae
11-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Great idea!

I LOVE your squares. Will you sew them together into something eventually? or you can do a knit-along with them, and trade with others? Cool!

ritaw
11-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Nice socks :) I would love to know what you will do with all the squares when you are done !

mhansen
11-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I like your squares and your socks. Nice job.

Jan in CA
11-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Pretty socks! Love those squares! How do you do them? Do you start small and increase or decrease?

feministmama
11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah. THe squares come from here: http://knitalong.net/
A local Portland woman wrote a book with her husband about knitting in community and one of the patterns is called a barn Raising Quilt. Like the Amish who gather and build a barn in a day or a quilt in a day for each other. That's the idea. But I just started making them for myself. I want to use black yarn around each square so it will "look Amish" as well.

I didn't like how the pattern starts out so I improvised the pattern somewhat but its basically a square knit in the round with 2 increases per side till you get to a place you like, then CO and sew together.

evona
11-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Ooooh! What pretty colors! Both the sock and the squares.

What interesting projects on that site. I'll have to check that out.

G J
11-08-2008, 11:31 PM
NICE!:cheering:

Jan in CA
11-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Oh phooey..so you have to get the book. I've been looking for a pattern like that to make dishcloths, but they look great as a blanket, too! I'll see about getting it. Thanks! Or maybe I can just figure it out on my own...:think:

Debkcs
11-09-2008, 03:35 AM
Really like the socks,Femmy. Pretty color. I carry them around also, just to keep my hands busy.

dustinac
11-10-2008, 09:59 AM
:happydance: Everything looks Great!

ArtLady1981
11-12-2008, 05:43 AM
YOU'VE BEEN BUSY! How nice! I love the color combos for the squares! You are right about them being meditative!

Good socks, too!

sakura-panda
11-12-2008, 11:08 AM
How cool! And that book looks so interesting -- I may have to see if my local store carries it so I can check out some of those patterns. (I love those squares!)

feministmama
11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I got the pattern from the book I checked out from my local library. As long as I don't try to sell the blanket its OK to photocopy it and use for your own personal use. My stitch n bitch is making blankets for charity too. I made some squares for that too.