PDA

View Full Version : Phrases below username?

cfaustino
11-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Can anyone explain the phrases below our usernames like, casting on, working the gusset, turning the heel, etc. I realize these are all knitting terminologies, but how does the phrase get there? I couldn't find a setting for it in the user settings. Does it have something to do with how long you've been with the forum? Anyway, just curious about it.

Knitting_Guy
11-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Just a bit of fun. It does have to do with how many posts you have here but the exact formula is a State secret.

Jan in CA
11-09-2008, 11:32 PM
:teehee: Mason! And to add to what Mason said they are sock knitting references. ;)

OffJumpsJack
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
:teehee: Mason! And to add to what Mason said they are sock knitting references. ;)

"Moderator," Jan in CA? :roflhard:

Clearly there are exceptions to that "sock rule." :)

I've been as far as "Turning the Heal" but appear to have had a back-slide to "Ribbing the Cuff." Is "Working the Gusset" a sock term? I thought that was for the thumb of a glove?

Clearly, I still have much to learn.

--Jack :guyknitting:

Jan in CA
11-10-2008, 03:04 PM
"Moderator," Jan in CA? :roflhard:

Clearly there are exceptions to that "sock rule." :)

Yeah, we don't get the cute sock references. :teehee:

I've been as far as "Turning the Heal" but appear to have had a back-slide to "Ribbing the Cuff." Is "Working the Gusset" a sock term? I thought that was for the thumb of a glove?

Clearly, I still have much to learn.

That's odd, I never heard of anyone going backwards. Maybe your sock got frogged! :lol: And yes, there is a gusset on some types of socks. :thumbsup:

OffJumpsJack
11-10-2008, 06:00 PM
That's odd, I never heard of anyone going backwards. Maybe your sock got frogged! :lol: And yes, there is a gusset on some types of socks. :thumbsup:

Not odd at all. Either I am delusional, mistaken, or amphibious.

I frequently FROG, but I'm hoping it was merely the second option of the three. :)

I am a conservative, middle-of-the-road kind of guy. Can't ya tell? ;)

--Jack :guyknitting:

Jan in CA
11-11-2008, 02:30 PM
:lol: