PDA

View Full Version : The Cutest Thing!

saracidaltendencies
11-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Today there was a sweet little squirrel looking for food so the kids and I threw out a piece of bread for him, and, he decided to show his gratitude by posing for me...haha...He was up on our front porch and I opened the window to snap a few pics...Hope you enjoy!

Knit4Pie
11-12-2008, 06:47 AM
That's great! He's looking quite, um, ready for winter LOL

I used to have a "pet" squirrel. He would climb up on me to get (and eat) his peanuts. No matter where he was, all I had to do was call out his name "Max" and he would appear very quickly. I knew it was him, because he had a black mark on his left side.

Mulderknitter
11-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Yep, he's cute, but if he's the same one that eats the petals off my tulips every year, better not let me near him!:roflhard:

figaro
11-12-2008, 09:30 AM
He is adorable! We have tons of squirrels over here and while I love watching them run all over, I don't love it when they go after my tulip bulbs. But they are so cute!

dustinac
11-12-2008, 09:37 AM
aww how cute!! We have to watch this time of year 'cause they like to get in our attic...you can hear them up there rolling their food across the floor or hear them drop something. It drives the cats crazy they just run back and forth listening...:rofl:

Knitting_Guy
11-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Cute tree rat.

DQ
11-12-2008, 10:10 AM
I prefer Red Squirrels :heart:

Puddinpop
11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Good pictures of him.

ladyjessica
11-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Aww. So cute. :)

CountryKitty
11-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Heh heh....

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/11/07/funny-pictures-ted-get-the-steak-sauce-and-the-good-forks/#comments

lelvsdgs
11-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I know these guys are pests for some folks go good lord they are adorable!!! We have a few around my house and the do love to tease the cats...:)

Jan in CA
11-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow..those are great photos, especially the one on the lower right! The focus and DOF are excellent! Frame it! :thumbsup: Cute little beggars!

Abbily
11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Aww, cute, and great pictures!

I have a squirrel that hangs out on the back patio of my office- right outside my office door. When the weather is nice, I leave my door open and watch him (her? I haven't checked...) cavorting around the patio. :)

thecatsmother
11-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Heh heh....

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/11/07/funny-pictures-ted-get-the-steak-sauce-and-the-good-forks/#comments

CountryKitty...I love that site I go there a couple of times a day.

great pic of the wee squirrel.I know they can cause a lot of problems in the garden and buildings but I still love 'em

saracidaltendencies
11-12-2008, 01:59 PM
That's great! He's looking quite, um, ready for winter LOL

He is indeed ready for winter! He's a chubby little thing, ain't he? :teehee: He's got to be the same one eating all the pumpkins on my neighbors porches and getting into the trash cans...haha

Dangles
11-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Nice shots of him. Little chubby isn't s/he?

feministmama
11-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Oh my so cute! Probably covered in fleas tho. WHy are they so cute and such a pita at them same time?

cristina61
11-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Great photos! I have squirrels in my backyard but I've never gotten any pics as good as yours yet.

I couldn't help thinking about my sister, though. She's six years older than me and has been terrified of squirrels since she was a little kid -- not sure why. But I always heard stories about her walking home from the schoolbus stop and freaking out on the squirrels in the park (we lived on a dead-end street with a huge undeveloped park across the street).

One day she was halfway home, saw a squirrel, and was absolutely convinced it was stalking her, ready to attack. She turned around and FLED! She ended up in the house where a couple of nurses lived; they gave her cookies and milk and phoned our mom, who had to drive the car over and rescue my sis.

I know, I know, it's not funny when a little kid is scared . . . but she's a grown woman now and she still shudders at the thought of those cute little squirrels. :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Wow your pics are great! What a little chunker, he could hibernate until July!

Jaxhil
11-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh my goodness!! He's so cute!! And the photography is *excellent*-thanks for sharing!

Wanda Witch
11-15-2008, 10:57 PM
No one will probably believe me, but I had never seen a squirrel 'up close' until we moved to a suburb of Dallas a little over 2-1/2 years ago. Part of our kitchen has a glass roof and the little silly things will scatter down (or up) the glass to 'fly' into the huge pecan tree just outside the kitchen. They will hang onto the side of this huge tree and frequently we look at one another eye-to-eye and I always wave. They also will get onto the small side patio just off the kitchen area and even sit on one of the chairs. I know some people think they are just 'rats' but the cutest little critters I've ever had the pleasure of watching. If and when we relocate back to the desert region of the west I will surely miss their antics. However, now I understand when someone might say about another person they act 'squirrely.' We should be so cute.