PDA

View Full Version : Your birthday - Just for fun

lactosefree
11-15-2008, 10:55 AM
So far in my life i've only met 2 people with my birthday - November 22nd. A classmate from high school (who i really disliked at the time) and one of my nurses I had while I was in the hospital.

I looked up what celebrities were born on my birthday. Some of the ones I recognize are: Jamie Lee Curtis, Scarlett Johanson, Rodney Dangerfield, Boris Becker, and Billie Jean King. Click here (http://www.brainyhistory.com/birthdays.html) to see which celebrities share your birthday. Who do you share a birthday with?

Apparently Mr. Rogers donated a sweater to the Smithsonian on my birthday. Click here (http://www.brainyhistory.com/events.html)to see which events in history occurred on your birthday. What interesting thing happened on your birthday?

evona
11-15-2008, 11:21 AM
My birthday is November 28th. I always knew that William Blake and Boris Karloff were born on my birthday, but I didn't know that John Stewart and Anna Nicole were born on my birthday too.

Apparently John Lennon made his last concert appearance on my 1st birthday and got fined 150 pounds for unauthorized drug possession on my birthday in 1968 and as a history buff I think this is pretty cool:

November 28, 1943 FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Tehran to map out strategy

:)

zkimom
11-15-2008, 11:43 AM
I share my birthday with sassy songstress Sarah Vaughn!

suzeeq
11-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Hee mine's the day before yours. I have a cousin, and another cousin's son with your birthday, and there was a girl in school a long time ago who was born that day too.

Knitting_Guy
11-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Mine's Oct 23rd. A very long list for mine including Johnny Carson and Weird Al.

On the day I was born U.S.S.R. performs nuclear test at Novaya Zemlya U.S.S.R.

mwhite
11-15-2008, 11:54 AM
July 2, 1956 Elvis Presley records "Hound Dog" and "Don't Be Cruel"

News to me~ Neat thread and links, Susan!

MoniDew
11-16-2008, 12:12 AM
A former boss and I shared a birth date, but a year apart. I share a birth date with Lucille Ball, and Aug 6th is also the day the atom bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.
________
Hot box vape (http://hotboxvaporizers.com)

Cynamar
11-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Mine is January 1. I share it with a bunch of folks with funny names but also with fellow patriots Paul Revere and Betsy Ross and with Barry Goldwater. This has been a great day throughout history with such events taking place as many Rose Bowls, many more hanovers, the breakup of Barbra Streisand and Jon Peters, the debut of Betty Rubble as a Flintstone vitamin, and the move of the Liberty Bell to Independene Hall, but not Y2K!

Sewing Angel
11-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Well mine is September 11 and I think we all know the event of that day.
A few interesting people I share the day with are: Maria Bartiromo, Virginia Madsen, Christy McNichols, Moby and Ludacris (he was born in 1979) Kinda makes me feel old!

saracidaltendencies
11-16-2008, 01:16 AM
I know JFK had the same b-day as me....I didn't recognize the names of most of the other people on that list for my birthday, the only other one that sticks out was Melissa Etheridge.

Knit4Pie
11-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Mine is Feb 14, and here are a few of the names I recognize: Zach Galligan (Gremlins); Meg Tilly; Florence Henderson; Jimmy Hoffa.

In 1924 IBM Corporation founded by Thomas Watson. 1921 Canadian 5 cent nickel coin is authorized. 1929 St. Valentine's Day Massacre in Chicago, 7 gangsters killed

1knittychick
11-16-2008, 12:27 PM
My b-day (March 22) is shared with Reese Witherspoon, James Paterson, Andrew Lloyd Webber. I keep good company!

Sunshine's Mom
11-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Mine's Oct 23rd. A very long list for mine including Johnny Carson and Weird Al.

On the day I was born U.S.S.R. performs nuclear test at Novaya Zemlya U.S.S.R.

And me too! Thanks for doing the leg work, Mason! :thumbsup:

ladyjessica
11-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I have met very few people who actually have the same birthday as me. Mine is November 11, and I share my birthday with Leonardo DiCaprio (:aww: ), Demi Moore, Calista Flockhart, Jonathan Winters, and Gen. George Patton.

My birthday is also Veteran's Day, and the day that the Armistice was signed that ended World War I in 1918.

Is it sad that I already knew all this? :teehee:

tarrentella
11-17-2008, 11:17 AM
I share my birthday with my housemate. (May 7th) Also with Eva Peron (coool), Sidney Altmen (won a Nobel Prize for Biology), Gavin Hetherington (the actor), Matt Helders (from the band Arctic Monkeys) and a load of American sportsmen whos names i don't recognise!

In 1429 Joan of Arc ended the seige of Orleans, and coincedently the City of New Orelans was founded on this day in 1718. It was also the day the space shuttle endeavure was launched in 1992.

cftwo
11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
In terms of people I've known - a high school friend was born exactly a year before I was in the same hospital (not in the town we were living in then), and a current friend had a little girl on my birthday last year. :)

blueygh2
11-17-2008, 02:11 PM
My birthday is on the 17th September. Lately I have seen a quizshow about animals on TV, and they had a super cute white lion, and they said he was born on the 17th September.

If it was a tiger baby, I would have said "oh, look, coincidence..."

Crycket
11-17-2008, 02:25 PM
I know my birthday is shared with Angela Lansbury and Flea

Oct 16

mhansen
11-17-2008, 03:07 PM
My birthday is December 24th. I share my birthday with Mary Higgins Clark, Howard Hughes and alot of people that I did not recognize.

I Love Lucy Christmas show aired but was never syndicated.

Cynamar
11-17-2008, 09:48 PM
My next-door neighbor's son was born New Yeaars Eve the same year I was born so I'm a year older exactly. We discuss this every year at his dad's party as if we'd never talked about it before!

Sajomaro
11-18-2008, 06:13 AM
Mine is November 27th. I didn't know anybody that shared my birthday until I met my best friend and no it isn't her. It's actually her grandmother and step-grandmother (both on her mom's side).

Some other people are:

1965 - Kathleen Heddle, Trail BC, rower, Olympics gold 92/96
1955 - Bill Nye, the Science Guy, TV Host
1944 - Eddie Rabbitt
1942 - Jimi Hendrix
1940 - Bruce Lee

There also seems to have been quite a few Grey Cups played on that day over the years. And I know American Thanksgiving has fallen on it more then once. This year included.

jill65
11-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I have

Tiffanni Amber Theissen
Mariska Hargitay
Weird Al Yankovic
Chita Rivera
John Hancock

ecb
11-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Only name I really recognized was "Vin Diesel, American Actor "
maybe "Steve Forbes, American Businessman "
historically its nothing to be proud of
except maybe "Ty Cobb's 4,000th career hit"
otherwise its things like;
Hitler publishes Mein Kampf
French troops occupy Casablanca
Decree orders all Jews expelled from Brussels
Pope's authority declared void in England
King Edward I of England orders expulsion of Jews
Great Fire of Rome begins (Nero didn't fiddle)

ecb

Gertie
12-01-2008, 01:22 AM
I used to work with a gal whose b'day was the same as mine, at the same hospital & assisted by the same doctor. We were in the nursery together.